Scarlette

((Ready for a comeback!!!))
Ons/Offs

Scarlet stains my mind
Scarlet stains my heart
Scarlet so deep and red
It has turned them black and dark

Tsenta

Eh seems more like one of those "You RP your character on our forums to gain in-game gold to buy gear for some obscure combat/level system" things.  The combat system is usually day based stamina. AKA hourly/daily based stamina/energy/whathaveyou regen which you spend in battles than an actual MMO.   MMOs typically have more gaming elements than just a singular combat system.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

JimPooley

One I used to love was 'Echo Bazaar'. It's a browser based game set in a Victorian London that has met a calamity. Think The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen meets H.P Lovecraft's Cthulhu. You level up in four qualities, Shadowy, Dangerous, Watchful and Persuasive.What makes Echo Bazaar so wonderful and weird is the world it creates in Fallen London, where the dead walk the streets and souls are for sale. Equal parts macabre and cheeky, Echo Bazaar hooks you with its premise and keeps you clicking away to find out what happens next. Which, as it turns out, is almost never what you'd expect.

Three decades ago, London was stolen by bats, dragged deep into the earth by the Echo Bazaar.
The sun is gone. All we have is the gas-light of Mr Fires.
But Londoners can get used to anything.
And it's quiet down here with the devils and the darkness and the mushroom wine. Peaceful.
But then YOU arrived.

Welcome. Delicious friend.
O/Os

Hi [you]

Sabby

Not browser based, but still free! Sadly, can only play if your in North America, but I think they're working on Europe now.

Vindictus, unique in that it's the only MMO out there that isn't a fucking WOW clone -.- it's all action based, with a heavy emphasis on physics, so enemy ragdolls fly, landmarks are destroyed, you have the Mages hanging back to heal and send offensive magic while the berserkers rush in with dual swords and become whirlwinds of death... it's epic stuff.

Slaven

Quote from: Sabby on September 16, 2011, 01:53:15 PM
Not browser based, but still free! Sadly, can only play if your in North America, but I think they're working on Europe now.

Vindictus, unique in that it's the only MMO out there that isn't a fucking WOW clone -.- it's all action based, with a heavy emphasis on physics, so enemy ragdolls fly, landmarks are destroyed, you have the Mages hanging back to heal and send offensive magic while the berserkers rush in with dual swords and become whirlwinds of death... it's epic stuff.

Vindictus is fun, but my computer can't take it. You need a pretty good system to play that game without massive lag.
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!

Shjade

Though I initially liked Vindictus, it ends up requiring a grind of the exact same dungeons way too much by about level 30 or so, and it only gets worse from there (grind-wise, that is). The actual gameplay is quite fun though.

Nexon's come out with another 3d brawler RPG in that vein recently, Dragon Nest, which is more toony in art style and involves more fantastical combos and magic and the like compared to Vindictus' relatively more down-to-earth combat. Makes repeating dungeons a little less boring when you can try to raise your performance rank in the dungeon by landing longer combos and not getting hit. (I think my record so far is ~249 hits in Arcane Laboratory on Abyss mode using an acrobat.) Downside? Since it's so new the level cap is still pretty low (24) and there isn't a whole lot to do other than grind for materials for gear once you hit the level cap. Worse, the population is low and that dungeon is nigh-impossible to do solo at level 24 unless you've already got pretty much the best possible gear (and are awesome). Still, it's an option, and fun while it lasts. Seems to require less 'puter power than Vindictus as well, due to being much less graphics-intensive, and the lag when doing dungeons with other players seemed much lower to me (though that might be because I play on the East server in Vindictus despite being on the west coast >.>).
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Slaven

Quote from: Shjade on September 16, 2011, 07:51:21 PM
Though I initially liked Vindictus, it ends up requiring a grind of the exact same dungeons way too much by about level 30 or so, and it only gets worse from there (grind-wise, that is). The actual gameplay is quite fun though.

Nexon's come out with another 3d brawler RPG in that vein recently, Dragon Nest, which is more toony in art style and involves more fantastical combos and magic and the like compared to Vindictus' relatively more down-to-earth combat. Makes repeating dungeons a little less boring when you can try to raise your performance rank in the dungeon by landing longer combos and not getting hit. (I think my record so far is ~249 hits in Arcane Laboratory on Abyss mode using an acrobat.) Downside? Since it's so new the level cap is still pretty low (24) and there isn't a whole lot to do other than grind for materials for gear once you hit the level cap. Worse, the population is low and that dungeon is nigh-impossible to do solo at level 24 unless you've already got pretty much the best possible gear (and are awesome). Still, it's an option, and fun while it lasts. Seems to require less 'puter power than Vindictus as well, due to being much less graphics-intensive, and the lag when doing dungeons with other players seemed much lower to me (though that might be because I play on the East server in Vindictus despite being on the west coast >.>).

I may actually try that out now..
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!