News:

Main Menu

"Stuck at Prom"

Started by Spookie Monster, August 06, 2008, 05:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

Ladies and gentlemen, maidens and monsters, I have an embarrassing confession:

I never went to the prom.

Donations can be sent to the American Society of Dateless Wonders.

Because I never went to the prom, I don't know what proms must be like exactly.  It's a mystery to me.  They must be pretty wild, however, given that people in attendance often wear Duck Tape dresses and tuxedos.

Did you go to the prom?  If so, did you wear something made of Duck Tape?  Which of the outfits presented at the website that I linked to above do you like the most?

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Jeramiahh

I skipped mine to play World of Warcraft. >_> Not that it really mattered; I'm not a party-goer, and I had noone to go with. Personally, I think the whole idea's silly, but I also thought 95% of high school politics is ridiculous, so I'm the wrong person to ask.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Le RandomBloke

It's extremely darn rare here in Belgium. Went to my girlfriend's "prom" a year ago though. If you can really call it that, it's more like a school party arranged by the students of that school itself.

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Shadow's Kiss

Quote from: Jeramiahh on August 07, 2008, 01:12:42 AM
I skipped mine to play World of Warcraft. >_> Not that it really mattered; I'm not a party-goer, and I had noone to go with. Personally, I think the whole idea's silly, but I also thought 95% of high school politics is ridiculous, so I'm the wrong person to ask.

I half agree with you. If you notice any prom would be "supporting" one thing or another. Now, if it was just for the students for fun, why pay to have tickets then, to go out and have fun, when every day your having fun..I went to 1 of my proms and then the next day completely bi----- about it.

Prom is fun right? Well, what about those that don't wish to pay, thought it was a free society.

SORRY FOR THE RANT AND IF I HURT ANYONES FEELINGS. I DO APOLOGIZE EARLY
is it always best to stir the fire? To say yes its mine, then to walk away in denial? The fire is you, or is it me. or is it just apart of a feeling left....to be left alone.

Lady Annabelle

Yeah, I didn't go to mine either.  *sniffles*  My longtime boyfriend broke up with me like a month or so before it happened, so I didn't have anybody to go with.  Unfortunately, most of my friends already had dates, so I didn't have anybody that night.  I made the best out of it by playing Final Fantasy III/VI all night, so I enjoyed myself.  I feel kind of bad as that would have been an unique experience.  Maybe I could do a story and simulate the experience...  ;)

Some of the outfits on the site are a little cute actually and I wouldn't mind wearing them.  I find it a little creepy that the couples match so well.  If I were to go to prom, I wouldn't want to wear similar outfits like my date.  Halloween Parties are the only time where it would be okay to wear similar outfits.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

LaBelleDame

I went to both of my proms, junior and senior.
I'm never one to pass up a social outing, it seems.
And I had a friend try to talk me into doing the duct tape thing, but I was more than a little hesitant.
Didn't trust the girl, she's not that creative and I didn't want to be trapped in a plasticy tube called a dress.
I went for a corset instead.
Much more breathing room.
XD
I really should get me one of these.

Mathim

I never went to any proms, dances, sporting events, or even graduation in any school from middle school to high school. I hated everyone there, the hell with those preppy assholes.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Caity

I didn't go either.  I hated 99% of the people I went to high school with.  *laughs*

I'm not really the dress and high heels kind of girl anyway.  Especially if I have to duct tape my boobs.  :P

The Great Triangle

I actually went to my Senior Prom and quite enjoyed it.

My school, being an arts school, had about a 65/35 female/male ratio, which ironically made it impossible for me to get a date since all of the girls went and got themselves a date with a boy from outside school within 20 minutes of buying a ticket. 

Therefore, I went alone and had my parents drive me.   :)

Naturally, of course, once things got started, the girls tended to abandon their dates of convenience and dance with whoever.  It was an impressive night, including one particularly showstopping salsa dance with a girl who liked me.  I wasn't even aware that the dance where everyone just stops and watches a particularly enthusiastic couple actually happens in real life.  All in all, it was great fun, a generally amusing experience. 
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Maeven

Hmmmm, lets consider.  High heels and dresses.  Yep.

I went all 4 years of high school.  Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior year. 

I did not wear a duct tape dress; however, I will admit to using duct tape UNDER my dress my senior year... it was this snug, strappy, teal green, sequined number.  *ponders scanning a picture and uploading THAT to the real life picture thread*

Quote from: The Great Triangle on August 08, 2008, 09:50:49 AM
Naturally, of course, once things got started, the girls tended to abandon their dates of convenience and dance with whoever.  It was an impressive night, including one particularly showstopping salsa dance with a girl who liked me.  I wasn't even aware that the dance where everyone just stops and watches a particularly enthusiastic couple actually happens in real life.  All in all, it was great fun, a generally amusing experience. 

That sounds awesome!!
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

ShrowdedPoet

Well, sadly I never got to go to prom.  I had a chance when I was in seventh grad to go with my senior boyfriend but my parents would never go for that.  In ninth grade I wanted to go with the guy whom I was horribly in love with and wanted to date but his parents wouldn't go for that cause I wasn't high class snob material.  So he just didn't for the sake of not wanting to deal with his parents.  But we did have quite a few flings. . .no sex though. . .  Well he took my best friends sister to prom and started dating her. . .broke my heart more.  I am now married to this bastard and know he wanted to go with me (actually hated the girls guts, which I revel in).  Then I switched schools and moved.  At this new school I didn't have anybody who would take me.  I started dating the guy that I am now married too who was now in college.  I got pregnant and dropped out of school before the end of my junior year when I would have gone to prom. 

The end of my miserable high school existance. . .
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Caity

So does that mean you're married to ... two men?

How can you stand it?  Mwahahaha

ShrowdedPoet

*laughs*  Nope. . .the same one man. . .
Ons and Offs

Mathim

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on August 08, 2008, 11:10:39 AMThe end of my miserable high school existance. . .

I wasn't aware that there was such a thing as a high school existence that WASN'T miserable...
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Mathim on August 08, 2008, 11:21:34 AM
I wasn't aware that there was such a thing as a high school existence that WASN'T miserable...

Oh I know people who loved High School.  And I loved the second High School I went to.  The people were nice.  The teachers awesome and I love to learn.  BUT most of my High School existance was miserable so that year and a half in a good school can't make it unmiserable.
Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

I inhabited every possible level of the high school food chain, from the guy who even the Otaku pick on, to the mentally ill weird guy who nobody will make eye contact with, to the cute guy who everyone has a crush on, and the popular leader with a large collection of contacts.  I had an interesting high school career, to be sure.   :)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Caity

The people who LOVED high school are the ones who made it miserable for everyone else.

But of course, they're the ones who are miserable in the real world now.

*citation:  Romy and Michele's High School Reunion

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Caity on August 08, 2008, 02:10:22 PM
The people who LOVED high school are the ones who made it miserable for everyone else.

But of course, they're the ones who are miserable in the real world now.

*citation:  Romy and Michele's High School Reunion

I loved my second high school and I wasn't one of those people who made it miserable for everyone else.  I also knew a few very very lovely people who loved it and did not make it miserable for everyone else.
Ons and Offs

Caity

I, thankfully, was raised to not care too much what other people thought of me.  So I was blissfully unaware of what everyone said behind my back.  *laughs* 

So High School wasn't miserable for me... more like a terrible inconvenience.  I could have been role playing.  ;)

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Caity on August 08, 2008, 02:15:04 PM
I, thankfully, was raised to not care too much what other people thought of me.  So I was blissfully unaware of what everyone said behind my back.  *laughs* 

So High School wasn't miserable for me... more like a terrible inconvenience.  I could have been role playing.  ;)

Well, I didn't give a rats ass what people thought or said about me, but I usually heard about it.  Being chased around called Satan or a Terrorist is pretty hard to ignore.  I was quite the scary outcast kid that had an outcast following.  I was the leader in any group that I was a part of (born leader).  But I also came from a horrible little town full of closed minded stupid people who were preps or gangsters. . .
Ons and Offs

Caity

I usually got "lesbian".   But that started in middle school cause my best friend was deemed a lesbian because she punched the crap out of a guy for grabbing her ass.  So we were both lesbians, but lucky her she got to move to another state.  :P

Because I told on this sleazeoid guy in art class for fondling my friend between the legs.  She wouldn't do it because she didn't want to be called a lesbian.  I think she's a topless waitress now.  Oh, and I was a lesbian because I liked Melissa Etheridge.

I didn't know until some years after highschool when a cousin married one of the "popular" girls who told me these things.  *laughs*

ShrowdedPoet

*laughs*  I was unsure of my sexuality until the end of the 10th grade. . .bi.
Ons and Offs

Caity

I'm still unsure of mine.  *laughs*

I'm actually very surprised by the people who came out since high school.  Some were a shock, some were a given... a couple were very good friends.  :(  It makes me sad they didn't feel like they could tell me back then.  *sigh*

Caity

Of course.. It could have been that they didn't know...

Mathim

It doesn't matter to me how the assholes in school are doing now, the point is they crushed my self-esteem into dust.