Shadows of the Sword Coast (Forgotten Realms 3.5)

Started by Nicolae, October 19, 2013, 10:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

*Smiles*  The knights of the Ruby Rose are a lawful good order, but then again I don't think either their original form--in second edition--or the 3.? setting books take the paladins of freedom into account. 

*Waves to Kimmy* 

It'll be awesome to game with you again! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kimmy

Okies, this is a WIP, but all of the elements required are there. It's most just waiting on some GM feedback & finetuning the character sheet. I'll look into equipment now since that's the main element left.

Hi hi Muse! If you need a character reference, poke Muse. Muse knows me rather well & is totally awesome! Also easily bribed :P

Quick Questions:
~ Can I assume Multiclassing Penalties Apply as usual? My choice of 2 base classes tripped up here ^^'
~ Wings or no wings?
~ Is the Magic Item Compendium a usable source for magic items? Or should I just stick to the Faerun books (I know MIC. I can learn whats in the Faerun books though. I don't know them all that well - there's just too many books to memorize them.)

Please forgive any spelling mistakes... It's been 42 degrees (107.6 F) & every second word set off my spell checker... ^^' But I really wanted this up. I think I cleared all the trouble ... but I don't trust myself when it's this hot.

Character Brief Concept

Cheyenne was born a tribeswoman in the harsh Heartlands. Raised as a hunter & warrior, she discovered her spirit lay within the hands of a god far different to the harsh gods of nature her tribe knew. Her true heritage is that of an Aasimar. Called away to the civilized world, Cheyenne set off on a journey that would take her to the City of Splendors. Cheyenne has a free spirit, a willful nature, an amorous lack of virtue & a strong sense of honor. She will stand up for anyone in need & consequences don't worry her. Despite her barbaric heritage, Cheyenne isn't consumed by rage when she fights - instead, utilizing a great passion & competitive nature to drive herself to success! Cheyenne gladly shows mercy & is easily fooled.
Cheyenne will discover her destiny is to become a Paladin of Sune - a free spirit to uphold the needy & help spread freedom, liberty & passion across the lands.
[size=78%]Cheyene is an Aasimar, descended from a Justice Archon.

Character Profile

Name: Cheyenne of the Bloodfire Tribe.
Meaning: Both "Unintelligible speaker" & the sign of a great warrior. It's also has tribal roots with the meaning "Beautiful Perople".
Origins: The Bloodfire tribe from the Western Heartlands.
Race: Aasimar

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 165 lbs
Build: Tone muscles, hourglass figure & a modest bust for her size.
Skin: Milky White.
Hair: Fiery Red, kept long with a slight tangle of curls to it's shape.
Eyes: Silvery eyes laced with sparkling blue specks.
Str: 14, Dex: 14, Con: 14, Int: 14, Wis: 14 & Cha: 18.

Personality:
~ Willful, Free Spirited, Amorous, Brave, Hasty, Competitive & Clueless.

~ Being outside in open lands or forests.
~ Learning.
~ Winning & Competing.

Flaws:
~ Clueless.
~ Fearful & very superstitious about fey. You never enter a fey forest without magic to protect you - and if you met a fey you should do your best to make them laugh & escape whilst their laughing - or else suffer their pleasure!
~ Cheyenne is hasty & jumps into trouble without thinking about her own safety.
~ More as I think of them...

Sexual Preferences:
~ Decidedly Bisexual.
~ Openly enchanted by Sune herself.
~ Powerplay, Success, Physical Prowess are all sexy traits.
~ It's tribal tradition that games & competitions deserve a prize - often a kiss or performance.
~ Other species can be attractive for different reasons. Even an Orc and Gnoll can be attractive.
~ Cheyenne hasn't really met inhuman species to decide if likes them. By inhuman, I mean things that aren't human like in appearance. So whilst a gnoll might have attractive patterns across their fur & a nice toned physique, Cheyenne has no idea what she might see in a beholder, an amorous dragon or other strange creatures.
~ Undead creep her out - their just unnatural! Oh - and evil.
~ Other fetishes will have to be discovered and/or tried before she could comment on them.

Cheyenne's History, the Short Version.

Cheyenne was raised as a tribeswoman from the Western Heartlands. Her father was a inhumanly beautiful adventurer whom her mother saved & claimed for a nights passion. Cheyenne grew up a high spirited child, learning to fight with raw ferocity & hunt at an early age. Her tribe was the Bloodfire clan - known for fierce rages in battle. As the children come into adulthood, they are tested & dedicate themselves to the harsh nature gods of the Heartlands. But when Cheyenne undertook her test, she found her fathers blood reached out not to the nature gods but to a woman with skin that was radiant like fire! This beautiful vision claimed Cheyenne as one of her flock & lead Cheyenne from her tribal homeland and onto the civilized world towards the north.

Cheyenne bartered passage with merchants - eager to learn of their strange languages & ways. She proved herself capable as a warrior & hunter - but also someone with a child's delight within her heart. In battle she held a dire presence that broke her foes will to fight. And yet, Cheyenne would spend her evenings dancing freely or eyeing the minstrels until they offered a song or story for her to lose herself in.

When pressed, Cheyenne refused to yield. She fought with great passion - her cries & declarations easily heard over the din of battle. But unlike many of the harsh tribes, Cheyenne wasn't blinded by her rage. She could still her blade & show mercy even when in the peak of passion.

The Merchants lead Cheyenne to the cities. Strange stone forests filled with people & weird smells. There she found temples & learned more of the gods. She finally discovered the name for the woman whom had claimed her. And she focused herself on learning the strange ways of the Northeners. Thankfully, most were willing to forgive Cheyenne's misunderstandings about northern custom. Cheyenne never forgot her roots - retaining much of her own tribes customs as well. Which left many feeling Cheyenne to be a warm, amorous spirit.

Placing herself within the temples, Cheyenne was tested - and found to have the heart of a Paladin. Many were surprised - since paladins are not normally such passionate & free spirited beings. But so she had been called. Cheyenne spent much of her time learning from the other priestesses about this strange society & it's ways. But she found the ways of the temple to be more open & accepting than many of the folk outside.

Cheyenne was given many tasks during her training - though her favorite ones were ones taken outside the city's walls. She was never used to the strange sight of this stone forest. She often came into trouble with the City Watch - Cheyenne was far too willing to interfere when she saw people being mistreated & abused. Her good intentions often got her into brawls - but the watch usually found her reasons & presence to be a good thing. Still, Cheyenne often found herself spending a night under the Watch's supervision until someone more official than the complainant could step up to handle whatever affair Cheyenne had 'helped'. The Watch rarely put Cheyenne in the cells. She usually spent her evening in the barracks or helping in the Watch House. She was always happy to trade her time for a rousing story, warm drink & a passionate dance or two. In the morning Cheyenne would pay a small fine for her 'offence' & leave the Watch with good will.

Cheynne's History

Cheyenne is a tribeswoman from the harsh realm of the Western Heartlands. She grew up among the barbarian tribe, surrounded by territories of Orcs, Gnolls, Undead & worse. Her father was an inhumanly beautiful adventurer who came too close to the tribe. Her mother was a tracker named Shayett. She tracked the man & waited for him to fall into danger. He had camped by a dark pool, seeking it's waters for to bathe within. Only, when he entered the waters, he discovered it was kept by a dark beast. Thankfully Shayett knew of the creature & rescued the man - claiming his bed as her prize! He refused to stay - but she hadn't expected him to. She had claimed what she wanted after all.

Cheyenne is a bright, willful girl. She was raised to be a proud warrior - learning to incite her inner passion for strength when she needed. Her mother taught her leather crafts & the tribe's teachers showed her the way of a huntress. Among the children, Cheyenne was a playful, wilful creature who excelled at many things. Her tribe taught games that held hidden truths about surviving their world & encouraged the children to play by offering up rewards for those who excelled. It was traditional to claim your first kiss before the whole camp in this way - though Cheyenne earned herself two kisses & claimed the lips of the finest warrior and the most beautiful mother for hers - much to the other children's envy!

When it came time to initiate the children into adulthood, Cheyenne was eager to see what the gods held in store for her. The children would strip bare & allow themselves to be painted all over with mixtures of inks & herbs. They would then chant & dance before the camp, before slipping off into secluded glades by the forest edge. The forest was said to be full of enchantment & illusion - but the paints held magic to warp it's powers & protect the children from it's illusions. Instead, the magics could unlock visions & even call out to the forest gods - so they might send the child a sign. The children were to bring an offering - just in case the gods choose to watch them. The Chief was known for having been given a wolf cub during his ceremony. If you disappointed the gods, they could send beasts to hound you instead. Some would say the beasts chased them until dawn sun!

Cheyenne stood over a pool within her glade - excited & unsure what would come. She had prepared a dance as her offering - feeling her crafts weren't suitable to place before a god. But before she could offer her dance, a vision came before her. At first it was just a light - a reflection from the moon within the pool. Then came the calls of hounds - deep baying noises of anger! But the glow within the pool stretched out - encompassing the pool! When it reached the water's edge the reflection light paused for a moment - before it exploded out and filled the glade. Cheyenne was blinded by the power - but her eyes didn't burn. Before she could understand, the light vanished & the forest was silent. Only then came her second vision. A woman stepped from the moons reflection - though as Cheyenne looked to the sky, she saw nothing! And yet, back within the waters the woman was full size now. She smiled - her porcelain skin radiant with beauty - much like a naked flame held beauty within it. She had long red hair & a teasing smile. She spoke - though no words came out. And yet, her meaning was clear within Cheyenne's mind. "My lost angel child! You have grown so beautiful! Such a spirit you make! Your father will be proud. He is one of my flock - just as you rightly ought to be. Will you share in my flame? If you accept my desire, you will leave your tribe & this land. You will seek me in the northlands - and learn my ways. For I am your Goddess dear angel child." Cheyenne wasn't afraid - she wanted to reach for the woman with all her heart. Reaching out, their reflections touched - and a fire ran over Cheyenne's skin! It felt like a lover's teasing caress. Strangely, wherever she touched the paint would burn away from Cheyenne - leaving her skin unmarred & radiant! Cheyenne stood up then - and made her offering to the goddess. A rousing dance - followed by a look of hope & triumph. Her answer came in the form of a gesture to enter the waters. Stepping forward without hesitation, Cheyenne found her body roamed by fiery touches & cool currents. Unseen hands drew her into the water - and when Cheyenne laid herself flat, submersing herself & submitting completely before this divine spirit. Cheyenne wasn't afraid - indeed she was exstatic when the fire fell upon her lips. They pressed deep - parting her lips. But no waters rushed into drown Cheyenne. Instead fire & pressure filled her mouth & twisted about her tongue. She had earnt her first divine kiss! A honor beyond all else!

Her second kiss wasn't shared between her lips. At least, not those lips.

The shaman discovered Cheyenne after sunrise. She was sleeping deeply - as if deeply exhausted. All around her glade were deep prints of large beasts - and yet, within it lay only Cheyenne. Her body was dry & cleansed of all the paints he'd put upon her. In fact she bore not marks at all. The Shaman observed her for some time - being the last to return. When Cheyenne woke, she held a deep smile. She gathered herself & strolled out of the forest. The forest's illusions fell about Cheyenne - but none seeped into her mind. Some power had blessed Cheyenne that night - though it wasn't one of their gods...

Cheyenne left the village shortly after. Her mother was surprised & sad - but if Cheyenne had been called by a Goddess, then she must go. Cheyenne travelled alone for a short way - but she knew the other tribes would seek out a lone traveller. So when she found a passing merchant train, she bartered passage. The language was difficult - and the merchants weren't thrilled with the of a barbarian women joining their number. But when Cheyenne stripped off her dress & pouch, offering all she had bar her weapon for passage - well they simply couldn't turn away one so foolish. In the end they accepted Cheyenne's supplies & a small potion her shaman had crafted. Though Cheyenne proved herself to be a valuable asset for their journey.

The merchant train traveled dangerous lands & had to fight off many small raids. Cheyenne's tribe were courageous warriors who could draw on upon their anger for strength during a battle. This anger could sometimes blind them - but when Cheyenne fought, she found a different strength. Passion filled her instead of rage. Her desire to live & protect her friends gave her great presence & power! Her enemies felt her presence before she spun her weapon towards them - leaving them with bellies of fear! Cheyenne almost glowed as she fought - somehow turning twisted battle into a beautiful dance of motion & counter motion. Though perhaps the strangest thing of all is her presence of mind - Cheyenne never lost herself to her passion. She could always turn aside her blade & offer mercy - or club her opponent with the flat of the blade to leave them dazed but alive. The merchants had never heard of a barbarian who fought with such power and style. They knew of anger & rage that could be brought to bear - making men into demons who could fell orcs in a single blow! But none knew of this.

Cheyenne spent much of her travels learning. She fought many strange creatures, learnt new languages & heard tales about the many many lands that made up the world. Whilst Cheyenne was quick to learn the ways of the Caravan, she struggled with much of their customs. Her failures caused some lively misunderstandings. When a man first shook Cheyenne's hand, he took her curious fingers & placed them in a vice grip. Cheyenne then offered the same vicegrip to his wife - who squealed! The explanation that followed left the man furious - made all the worse by his wife's apology & shame over her husband's behaviour. Cheyenne's second attempt went a lot smoother. Though the caravan was almost speechless. Having arriving a series of small huts, the Caravan stopped and let people come to trade. Cheyenne watched as the first woman to arrive was greeted with two quick kisses. So she greeted the second woman to arrive in a similar manner. Being rather taller, Chey scooped the woman about the waist and planted two hasted kissed upon her lips. Thankfully the woman was too stunned to be angry - and the merchants made out quite well in their trade. Someone kindly offered Cheyenne some advice however. And hoped her third would go better. A warm hug seemed like a harmless greeting. At least until they saw that Cheyenne would simply sweep whomever stood before her into the rather tall figure of her chest. Still - no one seemed to complain. Even the wives found Cheyenne's warm hug & honest smile disarming.

Cheyenne still found the customs strange - even when she understood how to perform them. She came from a culture where a kiss held greet value - a prize to be claimed & earned! But here it was means of saying hello. There wasn't passion behind the greeting - but it felt odd all the same. Why kiss without passion? Another thing that seemed odd was nakedness. The women especially were afraid to be seen naked - though Cheyenne had no issue with it. She gladly shared the waters when she bathed and paid little heed to any whom might be troubled by her presence. Though Cheyenne did try to keep herself clothed otherwise - even it was too hot to wear much. When people tried to explain the taboo behind nakedness - Cheyenne could only ask difficult questions. She couldn't understand the fear behind being seen. Her tribe shared things openly. Why, if you won a place in someone's bed you were expected to tell the camp. Not hide the affair inside your tent...

When the subject turned to sex, something unexpected came up. Cheyenne told them some of her story - her vision. And of the strange fire skinned woman whom she followed into the Northlands. The merchants weren't sure - but they imagined one of the goddesses must have chosen Cheyenne. Sune, Sharess & Llirra came to mind - but the depiction of a fire skinned woman left doubts of red skinned demons & perhaps even Shar in some guise! Still - Cheyenne had been called by the gods. So the answer was obvious. They would ensure she reached the City of Splendours, where they had a temple for every god & plenty of priests whom might ensure that Cheyenne is called by a god & not a wayward demon...

The city shocked Cheyenne! It was so full - a great stone forest filled to bursting with people and strange odours. Perfumes gusted about. Scents of baked goods clashed together. Between all the strange and wondrous scents came an assault of unwashed bodies & horse manure! But beyond the smells were people. People & objects so strange & peculiar. In fact, after her first day about the city, Cheyenne started her second with a hot bath & a song for her fire-skinned woman.

There were objects so peculiar,
They were not to be believed?
All around, things to tantalize my senses!

It's a world unlike anything I've ever seen,
And as hard as I try-
I can't seem to describe,
Like a forest made from stone?

But you must believe when I tell you this,
It's as real as the earth and I'm living within it!

It was a naive prayer - but heartfelt none the less. Soon after that, Cheyenne began exploring the temples. She talked with the clerics & described her encounter - vividly enough to leave many jealous or even doubting the truth behind her words. But when she entered Sune's temple, a woman came up to Cheyenne and smiled. "Welcome home!" From then, Cheyenne found herself quite at home within the Church. Their ways were open & accepting. They could teach her many things - though they were surprised to find Cheyenne to have a Paladin's spirit taking shape. She was far too free spirited & passionate to ever conform like most paladins. And yet Sune placed her gifts within Cheyenne - and none could ever argue with Sune.

The next few years were spent both learning the culture and the church. Cheyenne was an eager, excitable woman whom found it impossible to stay of trouble. Whenever she discovered abuse & cruelty, she stepped up to the plate. The City Watch soon came to know Cheyenne quite well - with most recognising her presence & trusting her version of events. Still, whenever Cheyenne stepped on the toes of someone with power, she'd wind up in the Watch House for the night. The Watch Commander would settle most affairs for her - it was difficult to refute evidence provided by a paladin in good standing. And given how few paladin's her church had, they were more than willing to step in behind Cheyenne & back her up. This added considerable weight to any argue - and left most folks less than willing to proceed. The idea of a public trial where a paladin is to be placed under a zone of truth spell & asked about your dark affairs wasn't a kindly thought.

The members of the Watch mostly got on well with Cheyenne. She was a good source of trouble - but most of it ended with the villians of the day sprawled across the cobbles whilst Cheyenne waited for the Watch to arrive. She was always good about being arrested - and quite happy to spend her evenings within the Watch House helping with the chores. She was a great listener if you had a story to tell - and was always up for a dance before the night ended. Some of the boys even put Cheyenne up in the barracks rather than the cells - it wasn't like she'd escape. At least, not without a good reason.

Beyond finding trouble, Cheyenne's lessons brought her tasks from the church. Much of it wasn't too inspiring - basic lessons of faith, culture & wisdom. But every so often she'd be assigned on missions that led outside the city walls - where Cheyenne felt most comfortable. Her Goddess had called her to the cities to learn - and so she would. But she would always love the open plains, cool rivers & quiet forests of her homeland. Espcially since the ones in this new land seemed far less of a danger than her old home.

Character Sheet WIP

Str:14Name:CheyenneHP:84
Dex:14   Gender:FemaleAge:23
Con:14   Race:Lesser AasimarExp:0
Int:14Sexuality:Bisexual.
Wis:14Class:Barbarian 6&Champion 2.
Cha:18Alignment:Chaotic Good

Feats:
~ Region: Dreadful Wrath: When you make a full attack, Charge or cast a spell on an enemy, you gain Frightful Presence. This 20ft aura of fear lasts one round & leaves all your opponents shaken unless they make a will save. Each creature can be affected by your Frightful Presence once every 24 hours (Whether or not they pass or fail their save).
~ Lvl 1: Righteous Wrath: When you attack someone whilst Raging, you make them shaken (Will save negates). You also maintain your presence of mind whilst raging - allowing you to deal subdue damage, stop attacking, show mercy etc. Basically she can rage without becoming mindless & angry. Best feat ever? I never knew it existed before I read about it for the Champion class.
~ Lvl 3: Knight of the Stars: +1 to one roll whilst doing a good deed, 1/day.
~ Lvl 6:
~

Ideas:
-Power Attack+Cleave & a greatsword? But I could also spent them on Celestial Bloodline & Outsider Wings - so I can have pretty wings. Wings. Shiny pretty sparkly firey wings? Oh- Races of Faerun has the feats in case your interested. They really don't add much to the character sheet - but for the character... Wings! Shiny lovely wings!

Class Abilities:
~ Fast Movement: +10' Movement Speed.
~ Illiterate: You can't read. 2 Skill points to remove.
~ Trap Sense +2.
~ Whirling Frenzy, +4 Str, +2 Dodge to AC, +2 Reflex Saves. Grants an extra attack but all attacks are -2 to Hit (including Attacks of Opportunity). Lasts for 3+Con rounds. Usable 3/day.
~ The rest of the feats could go to basic combat styles -Power Attack+Cleave & a greatsword? But I could also spent them on Celestial Bloodline & Outsider Wings - so I can have pretty wings. Wings. Shiny pretty sparkly firey wings? Oh- Races of Faerun for the feats. They really add much to the character - but wings! Shiny lovely wings!
~ Uncanny Dodge: Retains Dex to AC even if Flat-footed or struck an invisible attacker.
~ Improved Uncanny Dodge: Cannot be flanked.
~ Trap Sense: +2 to Reflex Saves & Dodge bonus to AC against traps.
~ Detect Evil: Usable at Will.
~ Smite Evil: You can add your Cha Mod to hit & Champion level to Damage to an attack against an evil creature, 1/day.
~ Divine Grace: Add your Cha mod to all your Saving Throws.
~ Furious Casting: You can use your Champion spells whilst engaged in Whirling Frenzy.

Languages: Common, Condathian, Bonus: Elven, Gnoll & Celestial.

Skills:
~ Craft (Armor) 11+2, Intimidate 11+4, Listen 11+2, Perform (Dance) 11+4, Search 11+2 & Survival 11+2.
   Also Considering some ranks in Knowledge Nature & Knowledge Religion.

Spellcasting:
~ 2x 1st level Spells
~ Lesser Restoration & Cure Light Wounds.

Spell List:
1st Level: bless, bless weapon, cure light wounds, detect poison, detect undead, divine favor, divine sacrifice*, endure elements, lesser restoration, magic weapon, protection from evil, read magic, remove fear, resistance, virtue.
2nd Level: bull’s strength, delay poison, eagle’s splendor, owl’s wisdom, remove paralysis, resist energy, shield other, warcry*.
3rd Level: blessed sight*, cure moderate wounds, daylight, discern lies, dispel magic, magic circle against evil, prayer, remove blindness/deafness, remove curse.
4th Level: blood of the martyr*, break enchantment, cure serious wounds, death ward, dispel evil, freedom of movement, glory of the martyr*, holy sword, neutralize poison, restoration, sword of conscience*.

Parents: Shayett - Tribeswoman & Unknown Aasimar of a father. He follows Sune & is probably known within the faith.

Allies:
~ The City Watch generally like Cheyenne - though she does find them a fair amount of trouble.
~ The Church of Sune will gladly support one of their rare Paladins in most endevours.
~ A Merchant Caravan that crosses the Heartlands twice a year.
~ Much of the common folk. Cheyenne is known to be a paladin whom sticks up for the people. She is fearless & has helped many folk deal with their troubles.

Enemies:
~ Cruel & Wicked folk of all colors - though in particular Cheyenne will have

Equipment:
~ A big Magical Weapon like a +1 flaming Greatsword, some means of adding ghost touch to it & a bag of small magical trinkets & tricks. A wand of healing wouldn't go astray. Oh and armor of course. She'll make it herself & I'll probably make it very pretty given I've got all the trade resources of the Waterdeep to rely upon. ^_^ I don't really know the Faerun books too well, so I'll have to dig into them to see what magical weapons are in them. I normally defer to the Magic Item Compendium.

Character Art Ideas

Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Zaer Darkwail

Wings are possible, races of faerun has feat which gives aasimar wings :). Anyways so far as I know none GM's here on E have reinforced multiclass penalty rule (at least noticed all these years). I think you can be multiclass barbarian/ranger easy enough. Although recommend place ranger level first to get nice skill points for outdoor skills (and spot, listen etc).

Kimmy

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 30, 2014, 11:52:40 AM
Wings are possible, races of faerun has feat which gives aasimar wings :). Anyways so far as I know none GM's here on E have reinforced multiclass penalty rule (at least noticed all these years). I think you can be multiclass barbarian/ranger easy enough. Although recommend place ranger level first to get nice skill points for outdoor skills (and spot, listen etc).

I found the feat (It's a pair actually - Celestial Bloodline + Outsider Wings, Races of Faerun. There is also one for Tieflings.) & I was asking about it because Wings are sooo shiny! But wings dont really add anything to the... character sheet side. My character is cool - but doesn't have any normal combat feats. Their almost all odd ones to get into her class. But at level 9 I could have 2 feats for something like Power Attack + Cleave OR Wings! So I thought I'd ask the GM what their thought was on it. On the other hand, if there isn't multiclassing penalties I could mix in another class instead of straight Barbarian & end up with a little of both ^_^

Thankies for the info - at least now I know to poke the GM about this rule early on. It's kinda sucky when your race determines your class - this isn't Original DnD after all.
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Nicolae

Personally, I hate multiclass penalties. I've never enforced them before. Feel free to multiclass. I like what you've got so far :D
O/O   Ideas

Zaer Darkwail

Well, wings are useful way for barbarian able to be mobile and being mobile cannot never underestimated. Cleave is nice but may loose all usefulness later on when mobs start get tougher to kill than single attack :P. Power attack is not bad, but as barbarian you do already bit more damage than average person and your smite attacks will hurt more than power attack does (considering power attack sacrifices accuracy). Celestial Bloodline gives two very useful spell-alike abilities; protection from evil (vs undead consistent +2 bonus to AC and immunity to mind affecting stuff and able share it on others is a big plus) and bless (short but good combat buff).

Extra Smites would be useful feat to get to get more smites, but later on power attack and then awesome smite feat will give you nice combat options (awesome smite is tactical feat from Complete Champion, requirement is to be able to smite things and power attack).

Just my own advices anyways. Roll what is most fun for you :). But as note other party members can get power attack and cleave....but they can't get cool wings ;). At least without transformation magic and even then it's temporal most cases.

Xanatos

This is a work in progress.

Selena Vicors
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Selena Vicors
Age: 38. Born 1330 the month of Kythorn, The Time of Flowers. Was 28 during Time of Troubles.
Race: Tiefling
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Height: 5'9”
Class: Rogue 2, Cleric 6
Alignment: CG

Appearance

She looks like a youthful young woman, full of life. Selena displays a demeanor of supreme calm and control tinted with a soft cunning smile that often hints in the slight creases of her lips. She has striking brown hair that gently glistens in the light. Her skin is slightly tanned, adding a hint of exoticness to her already alluring features. Among most men, Selena possess what they would call, the perfect body. Courtesy of her demonic heritage, her body is naturally sculpted. Her bosom full and intoxicating. Her curves luscious. Her rear-end a delicious rounded arch. Selena is toned. In excellent shape and it shows.

Her normal attire is quite modest, not revealing an ounce of flesh beyond the social norms. She tends to dress in a full black or dark brown leather ensemble with a matching cloak and cowl to further cover herself up. She tends to look inconspicuous and blends into a crowd with little effort (a practiced skill she maintains). Few men or women can guess at the statuesque form which awaits them underneath, until she stands before them, unclad.

Aside from her body, her next most striking features are her faintly glowing purple eyes and her prehensile tail. Usually hidden among her hair, are her two horns. Sweeping back along the slope of her skull, just as it begins to fall to the ears, then arching up ever so slightly at the tips.

Personality and Background

Personality

Growing up in Waterdeep, being the daughter to a Paladin, prowling the streets of the city, possessing the blood of a Succubus, and being a priestess to the goddess of the weave have made Selena a woman with a fractal of personality traits. Among those who don't know who she really is, she is a social chameleon. Her personality adapts to the environment she is in, while retaining her core traits – chiefly, her intelligent sharp minded insight nestled with her insatiable roaming hungry eyes.

Selena adores sex, yet refrains from it often. She has a noble bearing yet can be as crude as an uncouth adventurer. Among her traits which do not bend, are her strong will and her determination to serve her goddess. Yet, Selena isn't a fanatic. She often spends time among other matters. On occasion she can also be seen participating in festivities dedicated to the goddess Sharess.

Being a Tiefling, one of demonic taint, has certainly had its affect on her. She is always lured by sex, but uses the training and will given her by her Paladin father, to keep it from devouring her life. Even when refraining, she still will let her eyes linger and her mouth water.

She is a kind woman, but tolerates no stupidity. She is not pious, but yet dedicated. Her Paladin fathers overt piousness, an obviously common trait in Paladins, was a big turn off for her in her early years. It still remains a turn off, but one more moderated by experience and gained wisdom. Selena enjoys life and does let dark times diminish her pursuit of her particular brand of happiness.

Background

Selena had been born to a powerful wizard and one of his harem; themselves either born from his bound Succubus concubine or from her daughters. He had been attempting to breed girls who could pass as Human, yet retained much of their great grand mothers demonic sexual appetites. Selena had been the first and only success.

The church of Tyr had caught on to the wizards dark dealings many months prior to Selena's birth and had slowly been gaining evidence against him. When they had stormed his private residence, having trapped him in his home via aid from other wizards, they arrested him. They slew the Succubus, and were surprised to find the harem and even more so, the little girl. They had known about the Succubus, and had known enough of his plans, but nothing had prepared them for an entire harem and a child.

All but Selena and her mother were released into the care of a Celestial who had been sent down by Tyr, as they were too obviously demonic in nature to have any chance of living a normal life on the material plane.

This still left little Selena and her mother. After much debate of what to do with them, a Paladin by the name of Hydell Vicors stepped forth and offered to raise the girl and take in her mother. He vowed to teach them both the ways of righteousness. He claimed Tyr, himself, wanted this. After several days of communion, the clergy agreed. They had felt the same feeling as Hydell did. Selena and her mother were officially taken in by Hydell. He would later adopt Selena, coming to love her like his own daughter.

When Selana had been 17, she had been constantly running off. She could feel her demonic heritage nagging and tugging at her. It drove to her distraction at times. She engaged in sexual intercourse with several boys during this period, becoming quite taken with the act. Her fathers protectiveness had aggravated her and her own youthful cluelessness drove a wedge between them.

When she had turned 18, she had met up with a female adventurer from the far away east of Faerun, who had no qualms about seducing a Tiefling. While the experienced proved quick, it left a lasting impression on her. Selena quickly became bisexual.

During this time, she also learned her thieving ways, being quite good at going unnoticed. Selena understood the reaction people would have towards her and thus wore cloaks to conceal herself. She learned the art of the Rogue mostly on her own. Though, for a short period of time she had learned from one of her enamored lover boys, a street urchin. He was eventually arrested one day, and she had only found out about it by accident.

Despite her rebelliousness against her pious father, she stilled loved him, and was wise enough to realize that his over protectiveness wasn't actually over protectiveness. He was being that way because the world was a dangerous place for one with demon's blood, even if only a little. So, slowly, she worked her need to rebel out of her system and decided she needed to look into the various pantheon's and see if any of the gods or goddesses were for her. They could offer meaning to her aimless life.

Not surprisingly, one of the first goddesses Selena experimented with, was Sharess. For a few months, the pleasurable excess of the faith swooned and enamored Selena. However, it wouldn't stick. Selena had too much of Tyr's dogma imbedded in her. It hadn't been enough for her to want to join his clergy, but enough that being a pure hedonist simply hadn't been fulfilling. Still, Selena had felt a draw to Sharess, and to this day, still pays homage to Sharess and often takes part in her festivities.

In the end, it was Mystra who attracted the full attention of Selena. The clergy did not care about her heritage. The proection of the weave could be accomplished by anyone who followed the will of Mystra. For the first time, outside of her father and mothers love (and among the occasional stranger), Selena felt openly welcomed with no ill feelings towards her demonic blood.

Witness to Divinity

During the time of troubles, Selena had the privelage to witness the new, soon to be, incarnation of Mystra do battle. It had been there, over Waterdeep, on a bright cloudy day, when loud bangs and ruckus crashes sounded over the skies. Magical light particles and energy remnants rained down to the streets and roofs below. Selena had rushed out from the temple, fearing that another Sharan attack had come. Instead, she looked up, in awe.

She had heard of Midnight, many had. She had freed Mystra, the previous incarnation, before her death at the hands of Helm. Word had come to the church, who feared all they had worked for was for naught. Selena had felt something special about Midnight that day.

For Mystra dueled Myrkul, the former god of death. It had been a fearsome duel. Beyond inspiring mere awe. The memory of which is permanently seared into Selena's mind. She had watched raptly as the violent exchange occurred overhead. Further, being witness to Midnights ascension to Mystra, vehemently solidified Selena's belief in the goddess of the weave.

It is an event she fondly remembers often and one she uses to bring her courage in times it has abandoned her.

Her Role and her Notable Achievements

Role Within Church of Mystra

For her first years, she served as any initiate would. She spent much of her time studying and learning of Arcane lore. When she quickly mastered that and they learned of her Roguish skills, they realized the value. They quickly began to utilize her street skills and ability at night time operations.

When not within Waterdeep on a mission nor abroad on a mission, Selena doesn't consider her activities much of anything special. She tends to research a lot, honing her mind, so she can quickly bring up information should it be useful. She also spends time building up connections on the streets of Waterdeep, as well as spends time socializing with Wizards – learning ways to deal with magic and those who wield it.

When on missions, she is often sent covertly or overtly to gather information and or to observe. She is not among the best fighters. Though, her prowess with Divine magic is considerable. Chief among this, is her ability to counter magic. Thus when it is known that she might engage a Wizard, she is sent with backup, so she can focus on countering the wizards magic.

Renown

Selena is by no means a legend among the Sword coast, not even among her church. However, she is fairly known among the churches of Mystra that exist along the Sword coast. Many don't know what she looks like, but have heard of her name.

Among the denizens of Waterdeep, she is as well known as she is unknown. Most people who know her, are the other clergy of the various good aligned churches. Who she has helped from time to time. Several of Waterdeep's lords have heard of her, either in passing, or in detail. A few reputable nobles know her. Many of the those not of noble blood also know of her, due to her habit of keeping ties with those who roam the streets – often in the less savory locations of the city.

Yet despite her reputation, it is but a modest one in comparison. Her skill at being a hidden hand of Mystra has allowed to her to remain anonymous to the vast majority of Faerun.

Aiding the Clergy of Eilistraee

Among her most notable activities within the church of Mystra, were the times she aided the Drow of Eilistraee. Who make a base within the Promenade of Eilistraee underneath Waterdeep, and who operate around the area as well as the Sword Coast.

Her first mission was nothing more than being the middle-woman between the two churches, with a short but intense fight at the end of the operation. The Eilistraee priestesses had discovered an outpost of Vaeuraunite Drow with a potentially dangerous magical item (possibly an artifact) and requested aid. Word got to the clerics of Mystra and Selena was sent among others.

During her short stay with the Drow, she became infatuated with their swarthy looks and resolved herself to pursuing a relationship with any willing. During this time, she befriended a Drow named Amdra'ee'esril, and was taught the Drow language. Selena would later find out that Amdra was equally as infatuated with her, as she was with the Drow. Amdra was relatively young for a Drow and eager to experience other races and cultures, as she was cloistered among her race and faith. They became lovers for a short time, but decided to break it off and just be friends. Their paths were too different for their anything romantic to last. However, when the two cross paths, they always allow themselves a taste of what they shared for that short time.

She would go on to help the clergy two more times, gaining more and more of their trust and respect. She would help them and the Lords of Waterdeep, root out Lolth worshipping Drow sympathizers within the very city of Waterdeep. Then later she would help them rescue one of their agents before the agent could be taken to Skullport. For her aid, she was gifted with a Drow Piwafwi, crafted to endure the light of the surface world, and with combating Drow in mind.

Aiding the Church in the Time of Troubles

Shortly after the time of Troubles began, Shar made a hasty bid to destroy as much of Mystra's clergy, in the hopes of completely destroying her rivals power base or at least severely weakening it. Waterdeep was among the first targets around Faerun, as its status and size meant the Church of Mystra was proportionately large. The attacks came covertly, later openly, and were destructive. Selena had only just become a full Priestess, when the attacks had begun. Never one that was superb at combat, nevertheless, Selena fought hard. She had found a home among the accepting clergy and fought like with ardor against the Sharan agents.

She had been able to claim several kills to her credit as she personally delivered the request for aid to the various allied churches. The Paladins of Tyr were quick to react, partly due to her father's actions. After several drawn out days, the Sharan agents had been killed or driven out. Selena was recognized for her bravery.

Notable Activities

-Selena has fed valuable information to the Paladins of Tyr on more than one occasion.
-On one interesting occasion, Selena helped Wardens of Helm acquire a potent magical item from a dangerous Wizard. She then negotiated for its release to the church of Mystra.
-She aided the Church of Sharess when they were accused of consorting with Succubi and Incubi. While it was actually a minor affair, her show of devotion to the ideals of Sharess, was appreciated and noted by the local clergy.
-She underwent a dangerous mission into the City of the Dead, Waterdeeps cemetery, and aided in its success among a group of Mystran clerics and Paladins. She was gifted with her current Morningstar, Crossbow, and armor as her reward.
-

Sexual Aspects

Sexual History: For years, Selena was not aware of the alure that women held. She was strictly heterosexual. She often slept with the young men she was around as a rogue among the streets of Waterdeep. She experimented with her sexuality, often mindlessly using and sometimes, abusing the boys. It was during her rebellious period in life, and thus cared little for the feelings of others. She was never cruel, but her absentmindedness sometimes had a similar result. However, most of the young men were simply happy to have attracted the attention of such a mind numbingly alluring woman who had no inhibitions regarding sex.

During one of her stays in an inn that catered to the adventuring type, she attracted the attention of a strong warrior woman from the North. The woman had strong white skin, fiercely blond hair, and ice blue eyes. She was amazingly attractive and assertive. She hit on Selena so hard, the poor young Tiefling had had no clue what had hit her until she woke up the next morning in the arms of the Northern woman.

Selena had been utterly ravished and had loved every moment of it. She could not have ever imagined a woman being able to do that to her. Since that fateful night, Selena began to notice how attractive women were. She began to notice how their hair framed their faces. How their hips swayed as they walked. She found herself swimming in their eyes. It had been so exciting. Nevertheless, she remained equally attracted to men. Thus, she became Bisexual and never looked back.

Sexuality: Unlike other, “normal” Tieflings, whose link to their full-blooded demon or devil lineage is watered down over two or three generations, Selena's was only “watered down” by the same father having sex with each successive generation. Thus her Succubus traits are a bit stronger than they would be otherwise.

Selena feels much more sexual desire than is considered normal for a Human being. For the most part, she has learned to suppress the urges thanks to her father and her duty as a clergy member. Still, she isn't a prude and nor is she stingy. She finds the prospect of monogamy to be just about dreadful unless she meets someone who truly captures her heart. Until then, she is rarely with a lover for more than a few weeks. If she finds someone really interesting, it might last a few months. She will sleep with a previous lover again, but as long as its understood that its not necessarily a rekindling of the old relationship – though this does not preclude it.

She has no particular leanings as far as men or women. She goes for whoever strikes her fancy first. If she happens to sleep with more women for a time, its no reflection on her attitude of men. Selena will eventually find some luscious man and snatch him up. The same is true vice versa.

People whom Selena works with are fair game in her mind, so long as they are willing. Thus far, she has had two lovers from among the clergy of Mystra.

Among a few of the establishments that she frequents, she had earned the reputation of being a bit of a sexual predator. The owners don't really care, for the most part, so long as no trouble comes of it. Especially since most of the establishments cater to adventurers. They are often far more eccentric than Selena herself. This is largely why she frequents these places – to find interesting people. They make better lovers. A much less sensual reason exists too – many often have knowledge of locations of magical caches or ancient magic libraries that she then reports to the church.

Sexual Preference: Selena prefers Humanoids, but could be willing to try out other races if tempted. She secretly wonders what it would be like to have sex with a divine – chiefly, Mystra. Whom she holds a strong flame for. After having seen Midnight fight Myrkul, Selena became increasingly enamored with the new goddess.

Selena is a switch, willing to be submissive (a bit) or more dominate. However, thanks to her Succubus heritage, she usually finds herself being dominant more often. She just feels more drawn to control in the bed. Yet, like the woman from the north, if someone can commandeer Selena, she will find submissiveness equally as hot and sexy.

Fetishes

Despite her best efforts to reign in her sexual desires to a more manageable level, Selena constantly finds her lists of sexual likes and fetishes growing.

-Selena loves breasts. Her favorite thing to do, besides suckling on them, is to lay her cheek between a pair of soft warm breasts and cuddle.

-Selena is addicted to using her prehensile tail during sex. She will grope, stroke, wrap, fondle, fuck and any thing else, with her tail. She also can't get enough of having her tail stroked. Its a huge erogenous zone for her. Big time. Just as much as her breasts.

-Drow are absolutely smoking hot to Selena and they have taken on a very sexualized form in her mind. She knows most Drow can't be trusted; she still thinks their hot, but she only tries for Drow of Eilistraee. Sleeping with one gives her deep satisfaction.

-A bit of a guilty pleasure in her mind, Selena enjoys watching others have sex. This isn't one she gets to participate in often, as most establishments that deal in this are far to shady for her likes. The occasional Sharess festivities sometimes have a few couples willing to let her watch.

-Twins would be a fantasy come true. If Selena finds someone attractive enough to have sex with, then having two of them would be amazing. It doesn't matter if they are male or female; though, two men would be a bit less entertaining for the men as she refuses to have anal sex. Thus, two twin females would be more ideal in her mind – especially since she harbors the desire to dominate them both.

Allies/Connections

Street Rats/Urchins: Selena maintains a connection to her seedier past that she participated in during her youth. She remains friends with some and brings food or other items in exchange for being kept abreast of the rumor mill. When she wants concrete knowledge, she offers coin.

Clergy of Eilistraee: Having helped the priestesses of Eilistraee on several occasions, she had earned their trust and made a few friends among the terse Drow. Chief among them is her former lover and good friend Amdra. Selena doesn't and can't expect aid every time she requests it, but knows they will likely help if her need is big enough.

Hydell Vicors: Her father is still a prominent member of the Paladin Order of Tyr, and through him, she likely could receive aid if the need is great enough. Though, she hasn't asked him for any help to date.

Church of Mystra: And of course, she can count the fellow members of her clergy, as solid allies. So long as her goals align with their goddesses, she can count on their aid. They won't just go out of their way to help her, but she is a trusted member of the clergy and fairly well known for her exploits among the Mystran clergy along the Sword Coast.

Kimmy

@Zaer Darkwail: Thankies for that advice. It really did help me decide :) I'll go for wings & see what I can add to it.

On a totally unrelated note, I was reading the special attacks section & I realize that a character skilled in disarm & grapple attacks, could in theory strip weapons, clothing, underwear or armor off other characters. Admittedly you have to pin them first for most articles of clothing - but it's just a thought that the rules for being an ecchi/hentai character who runs about stripping your foes is almost practically written in the rules.

Of course, if you added in the feats to get people into armor more quickly... I wonder if a GM would allow a character that runs about stripping their foes & then using 'rearm checks' to dress them up in hilarious outfits (Maid boys? Clowns? Bondage straps? Pink ribbons tied in a neat bow?)

The only real downside is you kinda want to have at least 3 attacks in the same round before you can steal someone's underwear 'in the blink of an eye'. And it probably takes that many levels to get that many feats...

I really shouldn't watch ecchi anime whilst thinking about dnd characters...

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: kimmy on January 31, 2014, 03:48:28 AM
I really shouldn't watch ecchi anime whilst thinking about dnd characters...

Huh? Echhi animes are one my best sources of inspiration for chars ;). Brings some hilarious concepts.

kongming

Hmm... are there still openings?/How many players do we have? I'm a little interested, but I don't want to barge on in if the numbers are piling up.

(Incidentally kimmy, it's even more hilarious: you only use Disarm to actually take weapons. To take armour and clothing, you use the Sleight of Hand skill. Now, you take a penalty to the skill if you steal obvious things like clothes, and if you rush it to a Free Action (remember, you have as many Free Actions as you can get away with), it takes a big penalty... but failing the (opposed) roll doesn't mean you don't take the item, it only means they notice! So going by the rules as written, if you have at least one rank in Sleight of Hand, you can automatically strip someone naked in the middle of combat, taking no time to do so... needless to say, people elect not to use the rules as written there, because that would be a little bit silly.)
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Blinkin

Not to mention that while you're doing all of this stripping in combat, you're getting drained of levels, hit by weapons and unarmed... trying removing a breastplate while you're holding a weapon in one hand. ;)

Yeah, I might notice you trying to take my shirt off, but I will get to punch you in the face with a touch attack... so... is it worth it regardless of the humor level?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

kongming

Actually, it's a Free action. Doesn't provoke Attacks of Opportunity (so no punch in the face), and you can do the whole lot in your turn and still do your normal actions.

Now it doesn't actually save you from whatever your opponent might have planned - if they're still holding a weapon (or indeed if their body is a weapon) then things are going to be unfortunate for you when it's their turn. But until then, you're free to take all of their clothes off faster than they could actually take them off willingly with an assistant.

One of those tiny holes in the rules where a single line of text ("Failure by X amount results in them being able to prevent it. Armour is still subject to its normal removal time and cannot be rushed beyond that in this manner") would fix it. But while we like to find the silly things and point them out... nobody actually suggests using them that way.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Blinkin

I know, and just poking at the pokers. ;)

I've never thought that 3.5 was all that well thought out or even edited properly, from what I saw of it when I could see. I'm still a confirmed 2nd ed player and tend toward Pathfinder as it's a little more forgiving and expansive to characters and classes than 3.5. But, couldn't resist forgotten realms.

There should definently be a limit to the number of free actions in any system to avoid abuse of it. Even free actions take some minimal time and standing there doing 10 free actions is just silly if you consider that the old rounds were only a few seconds.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Xanatos

Any sane GM would house rule the removal of clothing/armor, as at least a standard action. More likely a full round action. Plus, it would logically cause an attack of opportunity.

Zaer Darkwail

AoO only if detected doing it. So epic 40th level rogue can indeed steal your pants without your noticing it (or a dress for hilarity).

Blinkin

Why do I get this image from Zorro when he swings a rapier a few times and Catherine's dress falls off? ;) Now, that's impressive!
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Zaer Darkwail

Another way to disrobe foes is to sunder their armor and clothes ;).

greenknight

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Specifically, Sleight of Hand allows you to lift a small object from a person on a DC20 skill check. (Note that small isn't capitalized as the game term.) The description goes on to limit general legerdemain to an object no larger than a hat or a breadbox. (Thus, a hat or a breadbox is small while a halfling or gnome is Small.) Trousers, dresses, and armor definitely exceed these limits, regardless of whether you succeed on the DC40 skill check to do so as a free action.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Xanatos

I just realized my character concept (not the fluff part), doesn't work *sighs*. I'm going to have to rethink the whole way I want to do my character. Crap.

Kimmy

Anything you can't sleight of hand off, you can disarm under the "Grabbing Items" section under the Disarming Special Attack. There are even penalties for items that would be difficult - like pants. Though if you want anime absurdity the Lasher class lets you disarm people at range with a whip...

But it's all beside the point... I don't have a character with the skills or feats to do it...

*sobs* A perverted 'Knight of Sharess' who runs around stripping foes would be soo much fun... But so ludicrous & not the character I want to play. Now to finish up my character sheet so I can actually get into the game ^^"

Nicolae

I really like both of the character concepts that have been presented so far!

@Xanatos: What problems are you having?

@kongming: Sure, there's still room. You'd bring the party to 8, and that's where I'll cut off recruitment.

@Blinkin: Exactly, though we'd need some Called Shot rules in 3.5 to make that work. It would be fun to roleplay!
O/O   Ideas

Blinkin

Yeah, 3.5 doesn't have called shot rules? Damn, that's some of the best stuff.

I remember back in the 2E days of using cantrips for distractions and stuff... things like "Itch." or "Sneeze" had great fun in a couple of games. Nothing that was outlandish, but a sneeze when you were about to pick someone's pocket was fun for those watching it.

Still, if the called shots weren't too harsh, it might be fun to slice some poor thieve's belt so his pants would fall down, orother things... I need to look into disarms since that's a swashbuckler thing...
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

kongming

Okay then, I'll put some thought into a character... I might just make a Sorceress or Wizard, on the grounds that I know what I'm doing with those and they provide plenty of fun options. Does that more or less sound workable? I'll flesh out the race, background and so on once I get a specific idea in mind.

Ons/Offs:

Zaer Darkwail

My char is resident wizard but party cannot never have enough wizards depending what sort flavor you go with them ;). My char is conjurer from Thay (a runaway apprentice).

Sorcerer is also good, but you probably want enter PrC some kind soon as possible.

Blinkin

I think we have 3 spell casters, a general half-giant mage, a thanian wizard and a seemingly ditzy spell caster of some sort

On the fighting side, a knight of some sort, a swashbuckler/rogue and... something else with a blade, I think.

Things are pretty much at a standstill at the moment, so I don't think there's any rush for creating characters at the moment. Keep in mind that it's been stated that plenty of undead will appear and by level 7/8, I would think that everyone's seen at leat one of these things once... meaning undead of some kind.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.