Humanimal Gladiators (OOC/Closed)

Started by LadyNitrate, October 20, 2011, 07:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elunari

I attempted a group game once but it fell stagnant within a month.... so.... I blame shenegmai for sending me to this thread.  Violence, or rather descriptive fighting, is not my forte, but I'm willing to give it a shot.  This looks rather interesting.  I'll work up a bio for a fox (points to her avatar).  I'll edit this post when it's completed.
Ons/Offs                                 Plots and Desires  Updated 8/29/14!                               Absences/Apologies

The only way to have eternal love is to never let your heart forget what it's like to live without it.

LadyNitrate

Well we won't actually be fighting very long. The first major thing will be the Forest scenes were we either kill or escape from the men hunting us, then it would be escaping the Forest itself. After that it'll be a series of dodging people looking for us as well as planning out way back into it all to save the others.
"If I can't annoy anyone, what point is there in writing?" Kingsley Amis

LadyN's O/O's Ideas Preferences

shengami

Appearance
Appearance: I haven't found a photo I like yet, and will add when I do.  Brian is around 5'3", weighs around 150lbs, and has a very light frame made for agility and speed.  He has the colorings of a Thomson's Gazelle, the gazelle hing leg structure, an elongated neck, a larger chest (to accommodate larger lungs and heart) and a pair of horns.  Otherwise, he appears human.
Name: Brian Redhoof
Fight Name: Leap
Splice: Thompson's Gazelle
Strengths: Speed, endurance, and jumping
Weaknesses: fragile, low strength
Weapon of Choice: short spear
Armor: leather vest, greaves (these lace up and are more for leg support during long jumps than anything), and vambraces
Winning Streak: 8 (30 nonconsecutive wins including tag team wins)
People Killed: 1
People Spared: 3
Personality: Brian is a timid person out of the ring.  He hates violence and prefers quiet and solitude.  He is even one of the few humanimals that has smuggled in books.  In the ring, he is efficient, effective, skilled, and hates killing.  He hates killing and will go very far to prevent it, though he won't lose to do so.  He rarely participates in deathmatches unless forced.

Biography: Brian grew up in South Dakota and moved to the big city, Minneapolis, at the tender age of 16.  He, of course, fell on very hard times and was soon selling himself for heroin.  He was picked up by the facility at age 18 and, in a new experiment, splice with a Thomson's Gazelle.  That was where he met, Rachel, a fellow experiment, aka Twist.  They hit it off and the facility was impressed by their closeness, so they were chosen for Tag Team for their first fight.  They were unstoppable and won ten matches easily in their first years.  They received accolades and were then forced to fight one another in a deathmatch.  Leap won, and, though he tried not to, killed Twist.  He has hated the facility since then and avoids killing.  He has won several matches by vicious incapacitation though.

Extra: Brian has two horns protruding from his head.  They are only for show and break if used to fight.  The left was broken in this way, in Twist's heart when she landed on him.  he has a pendant made from Twist's left horn, it is carved in her shape.

As a side note, Elu, you mangled my name!

MissFire

Name: Wade Welles
Fight Name: Grinner
Splice: Hyena
Strengths: Cunning, Bloodthirsty, Endurance, Military Training
Weaknesses: Hothead, Reckless, Light Armor
Weapon of Choice: Knives
Armor: Knuckle Guards, Steel-Toed Boots
Winning Streak: 29
People Killed: 9
People Spared: 0

Personality: Being spliced did something to Wade Welles. She was always the kind of person to crave danger and excitement, but being infused with animal DNA has turned her danger lust into blood lust. Inside combat she is extremely wild and intimidating, as well as reckless and loud. Some argue her chaotic nature in the ring is all a show designed to intimidate opponents. Others believe that fighting brings out her bestial nature and drives her temporarily insane. Outside of the ring she is just as disturbing, though much more subdued. She loves to crack dark jokes and is always wearing a twisted smile. The only time she's quiet is when she is sharpening her knives. Untrustworthy at best.

Biography: Wade Welles, prior to being spliced, was an extremely talented Navy E.O.D. technician. That is, she was an explosives expert. E.O.D. are trained to disarm bombs and improvised explosive devices in nearly any kind of environment - including in combat. She loved the rush that it brought her and was extremely good at her job. After all, if she wasn't she'd have been blown to pieces long ago. She had been reprimanded multiple times for lingering in combat zones just to kill enemy combatants, and for putting her team in danger. To avoid being punished, Wade went AWOL. One night, she got a tad bit too drunk and started a bar fight where she incapacitated and beat near to death most of the other patrons. Arrested, she was waiting to stand trial when she mysteriously disappeared from her cell one night...

Extra: Wade has killed every time an opportunity has arisen in a match. She knows well enough not to kill during normal combat matches, but has come close to it during a blood frenzy. She also seems to be extremely hard to kill, often continuing to fight after receiving wounds that would knock out or disable most fighters. Her fights generally grant extremely high ratings. Some say this is why her win streak is at twenty nine. Rumor claims that she was on the cusp of her 30th victory when her match was sabotaged. She has one of the best win/loss ratios in the history of the sport. Wade could prove to be an extremely capable ally - or deadly enemy.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Elunari

Appearance: See avatar (no the image never changes, promise)  I'll link a larger image if so desired.

Name: Reika "Rei" Takahashi
Fight Name: Shi
Splice: Red Fox
Strengths: Speed and agility, can keep a secret, able to endure torture
Weaknesses: Physically weaker than most, distrusting, depression
Weapon of Choice: Katana for close combat
Armor: Very little.  Armor restricts her movements, so if does not bend she will not wear it.  Usually she just picks through the pile of discards before each fight.  She has yet to find anything worth keeping... or rather that stays in one piece after a fight.
Winning Streak: 17 (But she has a total of 38 wins), last 7 were all in Deathmatch
People Killed: 7 (She has been doing only deathmatches the last 7 fights)
People Spared: None

Personality: The first thing to learn is Shi trusts no one. Reika is quiet to a degree that borders on shyness.  But anyone who knows her knows she is anything but shy.  She is merely in thought - alot.  She does not rile easily and could be considered one of the more "meek" fighters for her refusal to rise to any verbal taunts.  But in a fight she is exactly as her name states - Death.  Despite her hot and cold demeanor, she treats the youngest fighters with a gentle hand and voice.  But she leaves the "mothering" to Ronny.

Biography: Reika's story is her own and one she shares with no one.  She's learned to mistrust everyone she meets, figuring it can't hurt when they prove her right and turn on her.  She was a young mother when her husband sold her to science to pay off his gambling debts.  It was a betrayal that cut her so deep that it is the basis for her distrust of everyone and of men especially.  All that is really known about her is her deadly accuracy with a bow and her skill with a katana.  And that she had a child - their jailors taunted her with news of her child until she had gone wild in her desperation to hear what it was.  Yet despite all the hardships and betrayals, between her human and fox natures, she doesn't always want to be on the outside.

(sorry for the rough outline... and Shen... I only added an extra 'e' :p )
Ons/Offs                                 Plots and Desires  Updated 8/29/14!                               Absences/Apologies

The only way to have eternal love is to never let your heart forget what it's like to live without it.

Vaulera

Has this somewhat strayed from the choices, splicing and weapons wise?

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

LadyNitrate

Technically speaking, I gave permission to ne to choose a different splice. I have no problem with the hyena though. It's close enough to a wolf that I won't throw a big fit about it.

shengami

S'at mean we are okay'd?  I was waiting for official OK for posting.

And, limits are only limits if you let them limit you.

shenegmai  That's more than an extra 'e.'  But, no biggie.  I forgive easily, and its not liek you use that name all the time, right?

LadyNitrate

Yes that means you are okay. It might be awhile before I've got you in the list shenegmai as well as MissFire  because I've got to create one for each of you. But Elunari can be edited in. 

Elunari

I'll just call you Shen for short :)  Hmm wonder if some of us could/should make some secret allies *wink*

Oh and Balizar I <3 you for Sesshoumaru references/influences on your character.  I think he'll be fun to watch and/or mess with.

shengami

I am not opposed to alliances, but they oughta make sense for the characters.  /shrugs.

Shen works...  I am used to it.  I have been using the handle, Shengami, for almost a decade now.  It's as much a part of me as any nickname.  And, it often gets shortened to 'Shen.'

Elunari

Not always.  I've seen some of the strangest alliances make no outward sense to anyone but those in allied.  /shrug

Either way I got a fox with a sneaky streak :)

Vaulera

If the splicing is all good, where in the hell would they get things like recurve bows, katana and knuckle guards. Genuine military katana are hard to obtain in real life let alone  a savage gladiatorial pit with genetically modified humans in it.

Kay Tana

This is the future we are talking about. They're probably either mass produced as 'sub standard' weapons or don't exist anymore.

MissFire

Quote from: Vaulera on October 26, 2011, 10:19:56 PM
If the splicing is all good, where in the hell would they get things like recurve bows, katana and knuckle guards. Genuine military katana are hard to obtain in real life let alone  a savage gladiatorial pit with genetically modified humans in it.

My character's knuckle guards are not a weapon. They are armor. And have a look at the picture up there. They don't look high-tech at all, do they? It's just some thick leather fastened to fingerless gloves. I don't think it's really stretching it.
    - Sima Yi

Vaulera

I'm a little put off by the notion of someone shooting my face or lopping my arm off with a sophisticated weapon. Is her name a variation on vicious or just inspired by cowboy bebop.

Yeah, knuckle guards don't seem too far out if they were made of leather or even something heavy and clunky. You can see where I am coming from right? A dude in a leather coat could maybe deal with a knife or a slow weapon like an axe, but a katana is super sophisticated, being made of folded steel of two separate carbon quantities.

Kay Tana

Again. FUTURE. If they can splice human and animal dna I think they can make a machine to make katanas, but the question really is would they?

Vaulera

I dunno about the katana part, it is plausible if unlikely. What I take real issue with is the insertion of a pinpoint accurate long range instant kill weapon. Ever seen a recurve bow fire? That shit is scary.

MissFire

"How the fighting goes, each Gladiator is equipped with his or her choice of weapon, a battle ax, sword, throwing knives, or nothing."

Isn't a katana a type of sword?

And why nitpick anyway? Axes are allowed and swords are allowed. So, what's the big deal about a katana? No matter which one is chosen, all of those are cutting limbs off. They're all slashing weapons.
    - Sima Yi

Kay Tana

*Winces*
No. Thats like saying it's all cheese. There are big differences.

Vaulera

The thing that made katanas so ridiculous is their ability to cut better, faster. A straight sword is going to be duller, heavier and slower. Katana cut people in half, swords make people bleed to death.

Kay Tana

Also no. You are being too loose with the term sword.

MissFire

Oh, jeez. Are we really getting so hung up on meaningless details in an RP about animal hybrids fighting?
    - Sima Yi

Vaulera

I agree, It is extremely petty, but OCD hurts when you don't have everything right lol.