Interest check - Non celestial Exalted, freeform

Started by HairyHeretic, March 02, 2016, 05:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

So, I've been toying with the idea of a somewhat different Exalted story. Rather than the usual focus on Celestial exalted, I'm thinking of something a bit lower key .. Outcaste Dragon-Bloods, the new Liminal Exalted, Exigents and God Blooded, perhaps even heroic mortals. I sort of have the idea of a mercenary group / adventuring party roaming the far expanses of the Threshhold, finding assorted trouble, and looking for that one big score that will set them up for good. Since some of these haven't been fully defined and stated up for 3rd, I'm thinking a freeform game format. In terms of power, probably something more wuxia level than the usual over the top Exalted goodness :)

Anyone else find this of interest?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Muse

*whimpers and cries* 

If you ever decide to not be freeform wiht something this cool, I'll be there in a heartbeat. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Rajah

Yes, actually. I have full disclosure never felt or understood the urge to play a heroic mortal in Creation (or NPC class D&D, or redshirt Star Trek, or wolf-blooded W:tF, et cetera) although I acknowledge and respect that that has its audience and they seem to have a good time. It's just never really been my good time.

But Dragon-Blooded/Liminal/low-end Exigent freeform? With Outcastes and everything? Adventuring troupe-style through the Threshold? I think that sounds really cool.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Muse on March 02, 2016, 10:40:32 PM
*whimpers and cries* 

If you ever decide to not be freeform wiht something this cool, I'll be there in a heartbeat.

You know I have no problem running system games, but at the moment the only thing we can play under 3rd ed is Solars, and the new Exalted types don't exist in earlier editions. Besides, if you know the system and the capabilities of a character, you could freeform it and stay at an appropriate level of ability :)

Quote from: AndyZ on March 03, 2016, 12:55:44 AM

Wyld tainted beastman?  :P

Cattle die, kinsmen die

AndyZ

I'm starting to think that "I express interest" is a boring way to put myself into a thread, and adding some sort of GIF vaguely expressing my emotional state seems better.  No idea what I'd play though.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

HairyHeretic

Well, info on the new types is still somewhat sketchy. Liminals and Exigents should be relatively straightforward to play, from what I know of them, but the Getimian sound like a whole other ball game.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Crash

Exigents are basically a higher form of God-blooded if I am not mistaken.  Is that correct?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

HairyHeretic

Kinda. As I understand it, basically a god or spirit 'exalts' a mortal by granting them a measure of their own power, and they take on personality traits similar to their non human parent.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Crash

Quote from: HairyHeretic on March 03, 2016, 05:47:09 PM
Kinda. As I understand it, basically a god or spirit 'exalts' a mortal by granting them a measure of their own power, and they take on personality traits similar to their non human parent.

Yeah, sounds like fun.

HairyHeretic

I suspect they could end up somewhat focused, given their creation. The Liminals would interest me more, from what I know of them. Getimian I'd like to know more about, as what I've heard is quite interesting, but I'm not sure what kind of powers and abilities they would have.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Marie Reynolds

Well system or not we do have the scrolls to glean i think enough information from to run them. The Dragon blooded have a second ed book we can get enough info from to work with. Not sure what exigents are. God blooded have there rules in a second edition book i just can't remember it's title. But if we go non system game  we should have a premise that  will clearly state the reason they all work together to avoid pvp in free form a system game i have no problem with pvp. I would be curious to see what can worked  out for a free form  for a lower level exalted game.