Which section would i go to....

Started by Avidities Hand, May 25, 2008, 11:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avidities Hand

To find the place to find girls who would like to be my slave through online means....

Sherona

If you mean through Role Play, then post a plot and story line in One on One's section, if you have a plot that involves multiple characters played by many different people, post in Players Wanted :)

Cherri Tart

hmm.. this is primarily a site for forum and thread RP, so i don't believe we even have anything like that.  One of the Sirens or God/Goddess, would know.  I would suggest PMing them with your query. 
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Avidities Hand

Happy an Nice

I have a question similar to but tangential to Avid's.

Is there a forum for what I am looking for as opposed to what I have under my clothes?

A link or arrangement by looking for lords, looking for ladies?

Knowing what someone has doesn't necessarily tell me what they desire.

I did a search and it yielded 3 hetero men? Am I in trouble, here? Too much competition for 3 dudes...."bites a prettily manicured nail"
Suppose the neutral angels were able to talk Yahweh and Lucifer- God and Satan, into settling out of court. Specifically, how would they divide the assets of their earthly kingdom? Would God be satisfied to take loaves and fishes .. allowing Satan the red-eye gravy, eighteen ounce New York steak, and buckets of chilled champagne? Would God really accept twice-a-month lovemaking for procreative purposes and give Satan the all-night, no-holds-barred, nasty "can't-get-enough-of-you," hot as hell fucks? Well? Would he?

Sherona

Quote from: Happy an Nice on June 06, 2008, 04:23:06 PM
I have a question similar to but tangential to Avid's.

Is there a forum for what I am looking for as opposed to what I have under my clothes?

A link or arrangement by looking for lords, looking for ladies?

Knowing what someone has doesn't necessarily tell me what they desire.

I did a search and it yielded 3 hetero men? Am I in trouble, here? Too much competition for 3 dudes...."bites a prettily manicured nail"

We currently do not offer a section for Real Life hook ups. If this is what yuor asking, its kind of confusing the way you are phrasing it.

If your talking about RP wise, 1. people can do stories with more then one person so even if there really were only 3 hetero men who did hetero RP on the forums there would still be likely to find a RP partner. 2. Lords On/Off section and Ladies On/OfF section seperates by Gender what each one likes/dislikes in their RP.

Elvi

I'm not quite sure what you mean happy.
Are you saying that you think there are only three heterosexual men on elliquiy?*looks puzzled*
As Sherona has said, your phrasing is confusing, please try again?
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Vekseid

It occurred to me awhile back that a better division for the wanted threads would be "Ladies Wanted" "Lords Wanted" "Others Wanted" "Many Wanted", etc.

Sherona

Quote from: Vekseid on June 06, 2008, 05:17:31 PM
It occurred to me awhile back that a better division for the wanted threads would be "Ladies Wanted" "Lords Wanted" "Others Wanted" "Many Wanted", etc.

OH was that what she was talking about? I didn't quite understand her wording.

That would clutter up the boards wouldnt it? Its always worked well with just posting in your game ads if you prefer male players to play Male players or female players to play female. For aestetic reasons I would think that it would look more organized if we just kept it the way it was....especially since many many tend to just PM game requests based off O/O or ooc chatting.

Elvi

It may be a thing to think about when we do the upgrade, as the site becomes bigger, then it would be more worthwhile....
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Vekseid

Quote from: Sherona on June 06, 2008, 05:31:34 PM
OH was that what she was talking about? I didn't quite understand her wording.

That would clutter up the boards wouldnt it? Its always worked well with just posting in your game ads if you prefer male players to play Male players or female players to play female. For aestetic reasons I would think that it would look more organized if we just kept it the way it was....especially since many many tend to just PM game requests based off O/O or ooc chatting.

It would replace the current Wanted boards... so there would probably be three or four wanted forums instead of the current ones.

Not so much cluttered, but someone would go into the boards knowing that they are being looked for.

Amberghylles

I tend to start games based on PM messages myself, but here's my thoughts on the matter:

Males Wanted, Females Wanted and so on does beg the issue of character gender vs player gender.  And there are ideas that are open to either, which would need somewhere to go.

Now, the current breakdown does have a few holes where games don't always fit, but I think that's just going to happen that some game ideas don't have a good home to fit in.

And I do know that one section absolutely won't work, as too many ideas would get buried and lost. 

I think what we've got works, and I don't see a new arrangement offering much improvement if any.  Add in that some folks are still not settled in from recent changes and the fact that all of the game ads would have to be re-written and I just don't think it's worth the hassle.  Though, as Elvi suggested, when the board changes during the upgrade there's going to be disruption anyway.  And that would be the sort of time frame where you could warn folks to get anything they want to keep backed up and just clear the want ads and start the new ones fresh. 

Vekseid

Yeah, I'm rather loathe to make such a change right this moment.

The idea though, is to have a more direct 'we want YOU' approach to the ad forums.

NightBird

It doesn't sound like a bad approach to me at all. It would be easier, I think to find players, and that is rather the point of the Wanted boards...

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Vekseid on June 06, 2008, 05:17:31 PM

Lord Seeks Lady (MF)
Lady Seek Lord  (FM)
Lord Seeks Lord (MM)
Lady Seeks Lady (FF)
Polyamorous Desires (MFF... or FMM...)
Groups and Gatherings (MM...FF...)

If we even want to go there.

Happy an Nice

Quote from: Sherona on June 06, 2008, 04:28:59 PM
We currently do not offer a section for Real Life hook ups. If this is what yuor asking, its kind of confusing the way you are phrasing it.

If your talking about RP wise, 1. people can do stories with more then one person so even if there really were only 3 hetero men who did hetero RP on the forums there would still be likely to find a RP partner. 2. Lords On/Off section and Ladies On/OfF section seperates by Gender what each one likes/dislikes in their RP.

Oh my Gosh, Sherona.

I meant as a role playing search. Eek. I love being anonymous here. I don't want to bring my real life here or vice versa. That's part of what I enjoy so much. I can get away from being the one who has to take care of everything all the time and shoulder every responsibility.

I don't expect the forum to change for me. I'm sure I'll figure it out in time. I went through the On's/Off's a bit but wasn't doing too good. I just thought there might be a link that organized them differently. There sort of is with the categories, I found (and lost, lol) a page that listed the headers and that helped me understand the organization a bit.

What I thought I was saying was that the title Lords is fine in looking for a male rp partner but same sex stuff would be harder. I am (fill in blank_________)  seemed less direct than saying I was looking for a (fill in blank:_______) and I thought it might be here already. With so many different terms used for tastes, switching, etc. I guess it would make it hard.

I'm new to this and am still working out how to search the boards. I'd rather be in an rp that felt just right than take what I found fumbling around. (*hints that maybe I need to re-do my On's/Off's better).

Thanks for posting. Sorry for the confusion.

Suppose the neutral angels were able to talk Yahweh and Lucifer- God and Satan, into settling out of court. Specifically, how would they divide the assets of their earthly kingdom? Would God be satisfied to take loaves and fishes .. allowing Satan the red-eye gravy, eighteen ounce New York steak, and buckets of chilled champagne? Would God really accept twice-a-month lovemaking for procreative purposes and give Satan the all-night, no-holds-barred, nasty "can't-get-enough-of-you," hot as hell fucks? Well? Would he?

Xillen

I can see what Happy is aiming at. It's not hard locatingsomeone with the gender of your interest, but then your gender has to match that person's interest as well, of course. For straight situations, this is the case more often than not, so you can just check out a few people and usually come in luck. For gay situations this is much less often the case. (Especially for males? Females seem to dig it both ways more often than males do, but that's just my perception, could be incorrect.)

But seperating it over so many boards seems to be getting cluttered. If someone's looking for a male, does that mean male character, male player, both? For story ideas I think putting tags in like (Looking for male player) or (Looking for female character) would be somewhat effective without being overly clutterive.

Besides the story ideas, it might help to have a list of members with not only their own gender, but also the gender they're interested in. Though if you'd add that, you might as well add if people are interested in dom/neutral/sub, freeform/system, solo/group, etc... Not really feasable on this forum without resorting to new plugins, but from what I heared about Vekseid's plans with ons/offs built into profile, etc, it might be feasable after the upgrade.

Trieste

Blergh. Trieste hate clutter. Clutter bad. Trieste SMASH clutter. :P

In all seriousness, if someone really, really wanted to specify what gender they want for the other player, they could tag the title just like they do already for subject (and I'm still not conversant with all the tags, which bothers me). But honestly ...

Why?

Perhaps I somehow grew some patience along the way (which would be like whoa) but I enjoy reading through ideas. I read 1v1 and players wanted even when I was so full on threads that I would have been in severe trouble if anyone had decided to come back from hiatus... I enjoy reading through what sort of stories people are coming up with, and what inspires people. When I'm actually looking for a story myself, I still enjoy reading ideas that are not necessarily written with me in mind. Half the time, they make something click in my brain with whatever's percolating through there, and a story idea of my own snaps into place. I like it that we inspire each other here...

That said, if the categories are divided up, it's no real skin off my nose since I keep most of the forums collapsed unless I'm looking in one specifically anyway (yes, I really do go through every 'posts unread since last visit' page and check out what's going on... even when school is in session). But I don't like the idea of such a division, all the same.