News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Ziggs walks around with explosives and get shot by ADCs.  Why doesn't he blow up in one shot?  Jax uses a lantern post to beat people, and it is lit, why no one lighting on fire?  Shouldn't Anivia melt if Annie throws fire at her?

I think those are better questions than why does Garen swing his sword with one hand.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Shjade

Quote from: Ryven on May 27, 2013, 10:30:24 AM
Ever heard of fencing?

Logic or not, what Garen does is so not fencing. He just whacks things. He might as well be carrying a 2x4.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on May 27, 2013, 01:17:12 PM
Logic or not, what Garen does is so not fencing. He just whacks things. He might as well be carrying a 2x4.

Construction Worker Garen.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Ryven on May 27, 2013, 10:30:24 AM
Ever heard of fencing?
Before it was turned into an ineffectual sport, the term fencing meant the same thing as swordsmanship, which included sword and shield, two handed sword and later two sword fighting.

So yes, I have heard of fencing and what Garen does is fencing.  As is Trandemere.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

But neither of them has any swordsmanship. They just swing. There's no technique. >.>

I mean hell, Garen spins in circles with his sword out. Show me where they taught that at swordsmanship academy.

Calling what those guys do "fencing" is like saying I'm an athlete because I like to sprint up my driveway.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Does all this really honestly matter?

The Golden Touch

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Ryven

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 27, 2013, 01:47:37 AM
Logic nothing, I just don't like one hand weapon, no off hand.  Either give him a bloody shield or use that sword in two hands!

;)

Next time you should have them consult you when they create a sword using champion.  ;)

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 27, 2013, 04:10:54 PM

No.  No it does not, but I find it humorous that such a conversation even started and that it has lasted this long.

SinXAzgard21

apygoos

they have an amazing fan skin concept on the NA forums, Boom Boom Vi

Chris Brady

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 27, 2013, 04:10:54 PM
Not sure why people are all upset that I'd like a different animation set for Garen, honestly.  It's a personal opinion, not right, not wrong, just is.  That's all.

I would LIKE to see him use his sword like he did in that pretty cool video.  And yes, I would like to see more of the 'great sword' swinging guys to do the same, but it won't stop me from playing.  Once I get over this bitter taste of constant losses.  In ARAM.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Ryven

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 27, 2013, 05:19:59 PM
Not sure why people are all upset that I'd like a different animation set for Garen, honestly.  It's a personal opinion, not right, not wrong, just is.  That's all.

I would LIKE to see him use his sword like he did in that pretty cool video.  And yes, I would like to see more of the 'great sword' swinging guys to do the same, but it won't stop me from playing.  Once I get over this bitter taste of constant losses.  In ARAM.

You're assuming people are actually upset.  That isn't the case for me, at least.

Jennifer swallows

Little late to this whole discussion, *looks to the number of pages currently sitting at 61. * OK, so I'm a LOT late to this discussion. But Ive recently gotten into the whole moba game's and dabbled in LoL, along with dota 2. I'm not great, but I've been able to win a few 4 on 4 dota  matches against the AI set to hard difficulty. Not sure if that's something to be boasting about, but I've had a lot of fun..

Just a day or so ago, i decided to give LoL a  shot and had just as much fun, even if it feels just a little different. so, long story short, I thought I would stop in and say hi, and hopefully join in on the discussion. ^_^

Valterre

Ahri wrecks faces.

That is all.

apygoos

Panduhmoanium

Ryven

I like how the one time in a series of games (mostly loses) that I get a champion I'm halfway decent at, someone on the opposing team decides to leave and reset the whole damn thing.

Shjade

Yeah. It happens less often now that they made a matchmaker version, but...yeah, you just kinda get used to that happening in ARAM lobbies. :|
◕/◕'s

Aestas

I actually had my most awesome ARAM game ever, with sona. xD  My team had a ton of poke, but it was all AD, my sona was the only AP and she was just melting face.  <3 <3 <3

Panduhmoanium

After weeks of not having a blow out game...

Here it is.

Drenlai

I played a few AP (lichbane) Gankplank games myself and works pretty well, but requires a team with high CC to make enemy lock down in an area.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Panduhmoanium on May 28, 2013, 06:14:12 PM

After weeks of not having a blow out game...

Here it is.

black out your summoner name.

Chris Brady

Shjade

I have to admit, 90% of the time I see someone build a Hurricane I ask myself, "Why did they build that instead of something more impactful?" 70% attack speed is nice, but the split damage is reduced and only matters at all if they bunch up (which, given their lineup, was possible but shouldn't have been happening much), so why go with a Hurricane instead of, say, Ruined King for the active slow and the chunks of damage on Jarvan and Irelia's extra health along with some more lifesteal, or Mallet for kiting/chasing and survivability, or heck, even a Shiv for some crit to go with your occasional AE bursts.

Why a Hurricane?
◕/◕'s

apygoos

a hurricane is good for some solid wave clear, and combined with his ulti, its amazing on Varus in team fights, given you have at least a BT or BOTRK to give some damage. the split shots may do less damage, but 1)they can crit [iirc] and 2)they apply on hit effects, so your life steal goes through the roof. you can also combine it with spellblading, or icy passive.
all intents and purposes though, its rather situational. in all honesty the only two ADCs id actually get it on are Varus, koggy, and Ashe