News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Recip E!s with Despickable & Xandi

Started by Autumn52, July 15, 2010, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn52

I made some orange roughy today and it seemed to easy to be good but mmmmm it is delicious.

just salt and pepper and lemon slices.

Salt and pepper the fish fillets and cover them with lemon slices.
Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or 20 depending on how thick your fillets are.

I am serving mine with baked potato, steamed broccoli, and yellow squash cooked with onion and bacon.

YUMMY
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Autumn52

I made some cinnamon rolls today and some crescent rolls.

Here is what they looked like before baking and after baking.

I don't know why that last one is so blurry but oh well. I haven't put the glaze on the cinnamon rolls either. I had to let them cool off a little bit first.

Oh how wonderful the house smells. YUMYUMYUMYUMYUMYUMYUMYUMYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

despickable

Oh They look scrumptious and you are making me hungry now you wicked woman Xandi. I can almost smell the fragrance of them. Thanks for the pics.
I can only get a get a facsimile of them by going to my bakery for some here but wont be the same as yours. I hope everyone enjoyed them as much as I have salivating over them

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Sabby

Peanut butter, chocolate and bacon muffins. Tasted amazing. Just enough saltiness.

Autumn52

Oh my god......Sabby.......I ......Think......I ........Just .........Had.....A ........FOODGASM!!!!!!!!

Those look amazing. Thank you for sharing. If you would like to share your recipe....(hint, hint...with begging and pleading) you are welcome to do so. (clear throat) I love to bake too.

Thanks again. (beams in the afterglow of such great pictures and the Foodgasm they created)

Sabby

It's just this with some fried bacon bits added in, no different to adding the choc chips. I don't have an exact measurement, though. I bought 300 grams of bacon (not cheap fatty stuff, something with a better balance of meat and fat) and diced it into small squares then fried it with butter and dusted lightly with sugar. We left it on some paper towels to get rid of any excess oil and then just stirred it into the mix.

If I had to make a suggestion, 300 grams wasn't enough for us, but we may just be gluttons :P Go 450 and dice them as small as possible. You want them to be about the same size as the chocolate chips after they shrink from the pan. Ours were too big so weren't in every bite.

Edit: Another suggestion is to sprinkle the sugar in while you're frying the bacon.

Autumn52

That sounds delicious, thank you. I will try it out soon and let you know how it comes out.

Do you know why it calls for whole wheat flour verses all purpose?

Sabby

It calls for both, I think. That's what I used, anyway.

Sabby

Next one we're making will be this, so looking forward to sharing how it went.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/fresh-rosemary-muffins-50400000129164/

Thinking of maybe replacing the raisens and currants with chicken, or maybe lamb, and take the sugar out entirely, make it a savoury muffin.

Autumn52

That sounds wonderful, let me know how they turn out please.

I made Cranberry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies today. I got the recipe from the inside the crisco wrapper. I replaced the sugars with splenda and added 1/4 tsp. of baking powder. They are delicious.

Here is the recipe:

Cranberry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies

¾ cup Crisco veg shortening ¾ cup sugar (replaced with Splenda)
¾ cup brown sugar firmly packed (replaced with Splenda brown sugar)
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
2 ¾ cups rolled oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped walnuts

Heat oven to 375*. Lightly coat baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Beat shortening, sugars, in a large bowl at med. speed until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat into shortening mixture until blended. Stir in oats, dried cranberries and walnuts. Drop by rounded tbs. about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes then place on cooling rack to cool completely.

Sabby

I'd like to share a recipe my late mother always used to cook for us when we had sleep overs. She would go through 2 whole loaves of bread for this, but I prefer to buy unsliced bakery loaves and cut it myself.

Tina Bread

Take a shaker bottle and add 6 eggs, 2 packets of cream of chicken soup powder and a spoon or two of powdered chicken stock. Fill the rest with milk and shake until everything is combined. Pour into a bowl or a flat container and then add milk until you have enough mix for all your bread. Heat oil or butter in a pan and then press the bread into the mix, submerge it for several seconds and then gently lay it into the pan. Fry golden brown on both sides and then let it cool.

Euron Greyjoy

Great recipes guys! I just wish you would post the macros for them though.
"The Devil is in the details, and that's where you'll find me."

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

"There is no such thing as status quo when it comes to relationships. You either come closer together or drift further apart."

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=209937.0

Autumn52

Quote from: Euron Greyjoy on July 25, 2014, 12:09:09 AM
Great recipes guys! I just wish you would post the macros for them though.

Thanks. I don't think I understand what you want us to post, macros? I know that is probably important and I should know it but for the life of me I don't.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Hugs

Euron Greyjoy

Quote from: Xandi on July 27, 2014, 07:25:06 AM
Thanks. I don't think I understand what you want us to post, macros? I know that is probably important and I should know it but for the life of me I don't.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Hugs
Macros are the protein, fat, and carbohydrate content of the food as well the calories.
"The Devil is in the details, and that's where you'll find me."

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

"There is no such thing as status quo when it comes to relationships. You either come closer together or drift further apart."

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=209937.0

Autumn52

Ah, right.

I will endeavor to include those the next time I do a recipe. Thanks for the information.

Sabby

Crispy savoury Tina Bread, with real sliced country bread. None of that 1 dollar Home Brand stuff here.

despickable

Quote from: Sabby on July 27, 2014, 04:09:13 PM

Crispy savoury Tina Bread, with real sliced country bread. None of that 1 dollar Home Brand stuff here.

Love this bread and it makes great French toast  too
I also like to put a fried egg on them or scrambled egg it soaks into it and is yummy
Thanks for the contributions Sabby Love them

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Sabby

I'll maybe have pictures for this later, but I just started on a cheap roast.

$15 turkey hindquarter, cut in half so it's a big leg and a slab. I mixed olive oil, grain mustard, thyme, rosemary, fresh crushed garlic and a single egg in a bowl. I rubbed down the turkey with that mixture and put it in the slow cooker. Once the meat is cooked, I'll rub it down with salt and a little more of the basting mix and put it in the oven to finish it off and make it crispy.

What's left of the grain baste was rubbed into bread buns and those were quickly pan fried. A good quality barbecue sauce and organic tomatoes and lettuce go in that with that turkey meat.

Autumn52

I'm always looking for slow cooker recipes. Thanks for the recipe Sabby, it sounds delicious.

Hugs

Sabby

This was after 2 and a half hours in the slow cooker on high. The meat is cooked, and extremely tender, but it's still pale and gooey.

An hour and a half in the oven at 200 degrees celcius later...

Sabby

Time for another slow cooked turkey hindquarter, but I'll be trying an actual marinade this time instead of just winging it.

http://bbq.about.com/od/marinaderecipes/r/bln0328a.htm

I'll be replacing the mustard with whole grain, of course, and the ingredients will all be fresh. No bottled lemon juice here. Getting all fresh herbs may be a bit much for me, though, so I can settle for bottled.

Serephino

Sausage Stroganoff

1 envelope onion soup mix
1 jar mushrooms
Italian sausage
1c sour cream
1/4c parsley
egg noodles

Cook egg noodles according to package directions.

Cook sausage thoroughly.  Mix in remaining ingredients.  Serve over noodles.

Autumn52

Yum....those recipes sound so good.

I will try them soon.

I made some okra and tomato to serve over rice. It is comfort food 101.

All I do is cook some ground turkey with onion and garlic. Once it is done I add a bag of frozen cut okra and two cans of diced tomatoes.
Next add 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock and a palm full of seasoning salt and some black pepper. Mix well and let it cook on medium low heat for about 30 minutes. Serve over steamed white rice. I usually serve some biscuits to get all the juices. It is an easy dish but so comforting.

Autumn52

I made some chocolate chip cookies and an orange cake with glaze today. I had extra batter so I made some cupcakes too.

Here are the pics:

The cake is for my brothers work but the cupcakes I will probably give to some of the neighbor kids.

It taste yum though. I couldn't help it that one cupcake stuck to the pan and thus needed to be eaten. LOL

Autumn52

I had a bunch of banana's about to go bad so I am freezing them. I wasn't sure how to go about doing it but I read a few tips and then devised a method that suited me. So here is what you do:

Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray. Put the peeled bananas on the tray and put them in the freezer for 30 minutes until hard.

Write the date on a plastic freezer bag, the bananas will last 3 or 4 months in the freezer. Next put the bananas in the bags and zip them closed, store in the freezer. I put the exact amount I will use for my muffin recipe in each bag. When you are ready to use them, for baking they must thaw, if for smoothie just pop them in the blender directly out of the freezer.

I have put some pictures and the finished product....

Have a great day.