B-Movie One-shots! Everything Needs Women.

Started by Ajoxer, November 24, 2008, 10:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajoxer

This is a bit of an idea I have. Essentially... one-shot games, based around B-movies, most notably the genre of Mars Needs Women, etcetera.

Characters would be female, by and large, because guys, if they fail, are probably going to die.

Or get turned into women, so, y'know, whatever works for you, I suppose.

For an idea of the kinds of movies that I've got in mind, watch a little MST3K. They're great examples of the sort of movies you're likely to see, though with a bit more bondage, sex, etcetera.

For system... I'm still torn about this. Maybe something freeform, or maybe something else, like, say, GURPS? Maybe BESM, which would perhaps be my favorite choice for this sort of thing, although characters would usually be pretty low-power.

There's a decent chance that people might lose, since these are one-shot games, but hopefully, you can find victory even in defeat- Love Can Blossom, after all.

For the first game, I can come up with an idea right off, but I'd like to hear what people might be interested in. Alien invasion? Get lost in a strange land? Science Fiction Double-Feature? 50s atomic horror? Something spooky? Something kooky? Let's hear about what sounds fun to you guys. The general themes will be that things are a bit on the rubber-masks side, but they can still end up being pretty freaky. It's the sort of game that'd play in black and white.

This is all a little bit scattered, but if anything here sounds at all interesting, please, let me know so, and let me know if you want anything to be specified more.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Ajoxer

Also, as a note, if there's a significant interest in that sort of thing, then there can always be male characters and female monsters, but I'll see what sort of interest we have. There is the long and glorious history of the Green-Skinned Space Babe to think of.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Beatrice Black

I would like to be the first to volunteer to play a dashing and heroic male character.

Who gets turned into a woman.

;D
ON and OFF - RP requests UPDATED JANUARY 2024 and also for chat

A blog, of sorts! - Icon from Morgana. I want to be her when I grow up.

And while you're clicking links, visit GreaterGood and donate to charity for free. :)

Ajoxer

Damn those aliens and their Gender-Bending technology! Or those monsters and their strange poisons! Or... You get the idea.

Older And Wiser

Help!  I been hit by the aliens gender bender technology!   :o 

Which one of these do I look like https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=24044.0#lastPost

Beatrice Black

In rules terms, I'm lazy and would therefore tend to go freeform. GURPS has the advantage of an "Atomic Horror" setting being available, but I don't think it's necessary.

Are you thinking of a 50s setting, or a modern Mars Attacks! riff on the B-Movies? I rather like 50s style...

And while you're clicking links, visit GreaterGood and donate to charity for free. :)

Older And Wiser

Personally I can go either way.  This will riff, no matter what you do, I think

Rune

Quote from: Beatrice Black on November 24, 2008, 11:12:23 PM
I would like to be the first to volunteer to play a dashing and heroic male character.

Who gets turned into a woman.

;D

Me too!!!

Older And Wiser

This is going to trun into a gender bender lesbian game, perhaps?
LOL

Rune

Muse

A pitty none of the ladies have volunteered, but I haven't had many chances to be on the other side of the tentacle lately, and would enjoy playng one o the women whom Mars needs. ^_^ 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Older And Wiser

LOL
nope,  I have been wanting to try a gender bender role for a bit now

Rune

Its still early, we may get more people who are interested.

Ajoxer

I'll probably go with BESM. It'll be a low-power game, as these sorts are wont to be. For an idea of what they'll be like, as mentioned, just check MST3K.

*writes down on pad: The Lesbian Amazons of Doom From Neptune*

Rune

Is this going to be freeform or using a game system lik TFOS?

Ajoxer

At the moment, it looks like BESM. 2e, unless I can get my hands on and figure out 3e very quickly.

The game will be, of course, a one-shot, so it'll be pretty brief, but if it goes well, we might do more.

Rune

Beatrice Black

Ajoxer

Eh, I can probably figure a way around that.

Older And Wiser

Rune

Big Eyes Small Mouth. Its a roleplaying game by Guardians of Order. They went out of business a couple years ago.

Hunter

Ajoxer

Parodying Army of Darkness is far, far too meta.

Tad

Well, at the risk of being the first female to volunteer, I might be interested.  I enjoy impregnation (particularly when the whole process takes hours to days instead of months) as well as transformation.  Either one of those would work for me.  How about for you?
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

Ajoxer

I don't see any particular problems.

I'm still interested in doing this game, though I'll probably be a bit busy for the next couple days- Final papers, all that jazz.