Guess that Quote!

Started by Lirliel, September 26, 2007, 01:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollin

Quote from: MusicNeverDies on August 04, 2008, 01:26:08 PM
Totally my next guess.

An easy one for the sake of being too lazy to look up the wording for anything more complex.

Michael Caine from The Prestige!

MusicNeverDies

Hollin

From one of my favorites....

Well the buzz from the bees is that the leopards are in a bit of a spot. And the baboons are going ape over this. Of course, the giraffes are acting like they're above it all... The tick birds are pecking on the elephants. I told the elephants to forget it, but they can't. The cheetahs are hard up, but I always say, cheetahs never prosper...

Bliss

O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Bliss

"All I want to do is graduate from high school, go to Europe, marry Christian Slater, and die. Now it may not sound too great to a sconehead like you, but I think it's swell. And you come along and tell me I'm a member of the hairy mole club so you can *throw* things at me? "
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

HairyHeretic

The original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie I suspect.

If I'm right, i'll toss out an easy one.

"STOP! Will you stop that! Stop it! Now look! No one .. is to stone anyone .. until I blow this whistle, do you understand? Even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say Jehovah."

A scene I can watch over and over without it being one bit less funny  ;D
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

MusicNeverDies

That would be the Life of Brian, would it not?

"The rifle is the first weapon you learn how to use, because it lets you keep your distance from the client. The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. "

HairyHeretic

Yup. And I know the film you're quoting, but cannot for the life of me remember the title of it. Besides, someone else should have a go.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: HairyHeretic on August 15, 2008, 04:09:08 PM
Yup. And I know the film you're quoting, but cannot for the life of me remember the title of it. Besides, someone else should have a go.
Ah, that should be easy- it has like 3 different titles it goes by.

Bliss

Quote from: MusicNeverDies on August 15, 2008, 03:54:56 PM
That would be the Life of Brian, would it not?

"The rifle is the first weapon you learn how to use, because it lets you keep your distance from the client. The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. "

Leon, the Professional.

"I'd throw you into the ocean... shock therapy."
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Trieste

Run Lola Run!

Ahm. I didn't think this out much. I was just sort of "I know it, I know it!" and didn't think about what quote I'd use. Uhhhhhhm...

"They're whores." "I'm in."

Edit: Oh, and it's Lola.

Bliss

That's right, a.k.a. "Lola Rennt" in the original German, or "Die Lola Die" to certain fans... *grin*

Anyway, yours is from the Heart of Gold ep of Firefly, am I right? (I knew the ep title without looking it up. GOD I'm a geek)
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Trieste

Don't recall which ep, but yes, is from Firefly. My DVD player died, so it's been foreeeeever since I've watched them.

Now you! :D

Bliss

Yay me!
...oh crap. um. um.

Hah.

"I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life."
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

MusicNeverDies

Bliss

This is why I <3 my Minion! *blows kiss*
Your turn!
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

MusicNeverDies

<3

"I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you. "

CassandraNova

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: CassandraNova on August 15, 2008, 05:49:14 PM
but of course! My laptop is named Hal. XD

No problems with him....yet.

Your turn!

CassandraNova

Might be a bit tricky, because it was cut from the actual movie:

"You never knew what life was until it ran out in a red gush over your lips."

Trieste

Sounds like Interview with the Vampire... I'd guess Louis.

That line sounds so familiar... *ponder*

CassandraNova

Lestat to Louis, actually.  It was on the trailers, but cut from the actual movie, like I said.  Tom Cruise had just this nanosecond pause in his voice between the words "red" and "gush," and his voice was just so....

oooooh!

*wipes chin*  Your turn.

Trieste

Oh, hey, cool... I got that right. ^_^

Um. Um. Um. Crap.

"There she is, _____. The embodiment of love. Your Venus."

"And how I hate her."

Character name removed, but it's an easy one anyway. ^_^

MusicNeverDies

Knights Tale!! Woo woo!