Interest check: One Piece themed RP?

Started by Wolfy, August 22, 2021, 11:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Adventure on the high seas? Friends and enemies in equal measure? A thousand places to go and explore?

....I figured I'd just put out there if anyone was interested in running one.  :-)

Green Goo Theory

Can't run one but I'm here to see where this goes as a player. 
Coming soon...

Avernale

No interest in running one, myself, but I do have a concept for a custom Devil Fruit user.  (If that sort of thing ultimately isn't allowed, I suppose I could modify it to not be from a Devil Fruit)

TFcommando

I too am interested in playing, ideally with a system.  Have a variety of ideas… a Chinese medicine doctor and martial artist for one.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Green Goo Theory

What syste would even work for One Piece? 
Coming soon...

TFcommando

Quote from: Green Goo Theory on August 31, 2021, 08:34:47 PM
What syste would even work for One Piece? 

I’ve been in a few with Mutants and Masterminds, which can handle people with simply great skill or with weird powers.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TFcommando

An example!

One Piece Captain Duchess of the Duchess Pirates

A noblewoman who ate a devil fruit at an engagement party, the Bump Bump fruit that lets her absorb and emit kinetic energy.  A toppling table charged her up and her clothes blew off in front of everyone.  She and her maid took a trip to escap,e the scandal and she ended up accidentally liberating a prison ship full of women bound for the slave markets, gaining a ship, crew and bounty. 

Ship Name: Dutchess’ Booty

PL 8 120 points 120
Attributes 34 PP
Strength 0
Agility 0
Fighting 0
Awareness 8
Stamina 4/8
Dexterity 0
Intellect 5
Presence 0

Defenses 12 PP
6 Dodge 6
6 Parry 6
- Fort 8
- Tough. 10
- Will 8

Skills: 17 PP 34 points

Close Combat Unarmed 8/+8
Deception 5/+5
Expertise: Noble Society 3/+8
Expertise: All Other 0/+5
Insight 2/+10
Intimidation 4/+4
Perception 0/+8
Persuasion 12/+12

Advantages 12 CP

1 Assessment
2 Attractive 2
1 Eidetic Memory
5 Equipment 5 - Ship Dutchess’ Booty
1 Fascinate - Persuasion
1 Power Attack
1 Well-informed

Powers 46 CP

Bump Bump Fruit

11 Thick Body - Protection 2, Enhanced stamina 4, Feature 1 Insulating Thickness, (as Fur)

Kinetic Energy Absorption
10 Immunity 20 - Bludgeoning - half effect
5 Immunity 20 - Bludgeoning - buy off half effect, Unreliable

2 Absorption
*Close Move Object 4 linked to Buster, Away only, Fades, limited to half rank of absorbed attack
*Close Move Object 4 linked to Thruster, Away only, Fades, limited to half rank of absorbed attack

13 Stored kinetic energy
-Duchess Buster one hand Close Damage 8 (Str-based) (bludgeoning), Close Move Object 2, Away only, linked 1 cp 9 cp
-Duchess Stomp one foot Cone Area Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Prone), Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Limited to targets on the ground, Incurable 9 cp
-Thruster both hands or feet  Close Move Object 8, Away only Enhanced Skill Ranged Combat Throwing 8, Throwing mastery 1
-Double Stomp Shockwave Close Area Burst Damage 8 targets must be on ground, Penetrating 1, 9 CP
-arms crossed Close Deflect Reflect 8, only vs solid attacks, accurate 4 on reflection, Improved Defense

4 Bump-Bump Jump - Leaping 4

Duchess’s Booty 25 EP
Size: Gargantuan; STR 13 DEF 4 TOU 11
water speed 4
Features living quarters, Personnel

13 six-pounder long guns
Roundshot: Ranged Damage 8 (4 w/Burst Area 1)  standard action with crew  to reload • 12 points
-Grapeshot: Cone 2 Close Damage 5  standard action to reload • 10 points

Ship Complications
Wind powered

Complications -
Motivation - Find the Wild Isle
Quirk - Noblesse Oblige
Power Loss - Salt Water
Can’t swim, sinks.  Incapacitated if submerged in the ocean.
Power Loss Out of energy.  Her reserves are deep, but not limitless.  May run out of energy.
Striking Appearance
Enemy -Navy
Family - she does still care for many of them.
Accident - Kinetic energy can break a lot of things.
Quirk Formerly Repressed She’s discovered she has an exhibitionistic and hedonistic streak that is wide and deep.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Marie Reynolds

I would potentially be interested in this as a player, if you don't mind a newbie at mutants and masterminds if we go with that system. I have always wanted to try M&M.

Green Goo Theory

Some of these might fall under the "wait for the DM" type of questions but what levels of smut is everyone thinking of here?  And who has a preference for system vs freeform?  Would we all be leaning more towards OP in a different time period, AU type of setting, or what? 
Coming soon...

Marie Reynolds

I would prefer a system, Cause trying to guess at balancing and keep things fair with the crazy nature of one piece would be a nightmare at least to me. I could be up for a 50/50 mix of plot and smut. As far as setting I am pretty flexible and time period i am flexible with. Though I will be  honest I will have to do a lot of research as  I am only in the  first season of  one piece.

TFcommando

The One Piece world seems tailor made for an RPG.  The Straw Hats’ journey following the log pose was only one rout of a number.  A crew of PCs could encounter different islands, friends and foes.  The log pose itself is an excellent reason to have to find adventure, you’re stuck on an island for a while while it resets.

My pref is to have a mix of story and smut, and even more fansevicr than the manga! 😀.  Someone like Sanji might be more successful in bedding women, say.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Green Goo Theory

I mostly agree about the RPG elements of One Piece.  I mostly wanted to ask because the difference between a system game and non-system game has been a deal breaker in some recruitment threads and I thought I'd at least get that potential issue aired out.  I'm mostly indifferent as long as the system used can accurately represent the setting.  Which, I'm pretty sure a d20 one as open as M&M could do it. 
Coming soon...

TFcommando

The tricky part will be finding someone who is interested in GMing, likes Mutants and Masterminds and likes One Piece.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in