You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 27, 2021, 12:02:18 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Tails of Monkey - Hey Adventure is still waiting  (Read 10938 times)

Offline CatherineTopic starter

• Legate
  • Enchanted
  • Just a pixie flitting about, don’t worry mwhaha!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Tails of Monkey - Hey Adventure is still waiting
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2021, 07:48:05 am »
Getting to the bottom of the spiral staircase and I considered my options. Climbing them and getting dizzy or climbing them and not getting dizzy or staying at the bottom and calling it quits, stairs and myself have a weird relationship. I need to use them and there is always more than I want to walk up or down. A good number likes six is good, I could do six. Especially after the ruins of madness and the bazillion I had to go up and down there. My feet cried, cried! No please not another, why are there so many. This doesn't make sense. Are we on a stair step machine? I heard that they turned in a complaint later to the designer of the ruins and said 'No!' There were some other words, most I  can't repeat. Not because they are dirty or anything I just can't remember what was written. I do remember the second letter that was sent saying something about doing calculations and if the numbers are right and even if they aren't, do a tunnel!

I look up at the stairs as they disappear and look down at my feet and apologize. "Who are you talking to?" Mouse asked.

"My feet," I answered honestly.

Mouse shook its head and started to climb the steps, "I should have known better."

"What?" I asked as I followed behind, "after what I put them though at the ruins of madness, I thought it was best to apologize now. Who knows how many stairs are above us, it spirals so I can only see so many of them. Just being proactive so there isn't any complaints later."

"Of course..." Mouse growled. I thought it was best to not mention anything about my feet complaining or as my grandpa used to say 'dogs barking'. Which if I heard dogs barking might be kind of hard, really hard if they are chasing us.

"Mouse..."

"What?"

"Mouse..." Point back to dogs running quickly towards us barking.

"What?"

Point frantically at dogs as I poked Mouse's back as I am being showered by slobber.

"Why didn't you say anything about those? I was concentrating on one thing in front of me and didn't hear the dogs barking ."

"I thought you might get angry," I answer as I POOF and take off running.

"Well I am not too happy now," I heard Mouse growl, somewhere behind me.

Up the stairs we went, I kept it interesting by going from the outside wall where the stairs were bigger to the inside wall where the stairs were smaller. Which was a challenge, I cold barely get my toes on the stairs sometimes.  Thankfully my tail helped me, If she wasn't there I think I would have fallen back down the stairs and grumbled as I walked back up them.

I did fight off the temptation of running up the stairs, doing the math in my head which included geometry. Stay in school kids and pay attention in class, what they are teaching you will be used someday maybe. Well except for that one class, that will never be used unless you get into a situation where you have to sit there and let your head fall backwards as drool flows out of your open mouth. I figured out that dizziness quotient would be exceedingly high. To the point of the world would be spinning around me so fast that everything would be a blur and I would urp. So instead of running I walked and my stomach thanked me by not having me URP.

Up and up and up and a lot more ups we went. Every so often we passed a window and I would look outside. At first it was cool and then it was 'wow this is high' to 'I think I can see my house from here' and finally to 'I thought you needed a rocket to get this high. " on we climbed and I swear I thought we passed the moon as I looked out the window once. This was getting ridiculously high, just why and if there was a hidden elevator I would be upset. One of those kind of upsets where I just point.

"Are we the..." I start to say but Mouse swings a hand up telling me to stop and pointed with its other hand to a door.

"Yes..."

"Thank monkey", I said, catching myself as I lean back before  accidentally cartwheeling back down the stairs. Which wouldn't have been good. Maybe fun. Maybe record setting. Just not good.

((Hmmmm...))

• Legate
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2021, 08:29:15 am »
Mouse edged to the door, one foot sliding across the floor followed by the other. "Is something wrong?" I ask seeing how cautious Mouse was being. Everything I knew about Mouse didn't yell cautious more pull sword out as it kicked the door down screaming and spitting, definitely spitting.

"Why is it spitting for, it has a sword!?! It burns the eyes!!!!"

If the door is locked, I would imagine Mouse would just chop through it with its sword and then push its head through, "Here is Mousie!" Scaring anyone and everyone on the other side.

So the cautious thing sort of was scary. Alarms, bells and whistles went off in my head. If if Mouse was being careful there was a reason and it must be a big reason. One possibly with scales and teeth, there so better be a dragon on the other side if this door, especially with the amount of stairs that were climbed. Anything else would be disappointing.

Really a chimera that breathes fire and burps acid, is that all? Do you see the number of stairs I climbed, come here look. Those are a lot. Chimeras are maybe first floor stuff. Okay the fire but maybe lets you have a quarter of the stairs to climb, I will give you that. The acid is just gross and sounds like it needs a breath mint. Look at the stairs again, does the chimera look comparable to the amount of stairs? No, so disappointing, you should maybe consider closing this down until you can get a dragon so there is no embarrassing comments on the Internet.

Walked tons of stairs and saw a chimera. Expected more of an experience and got some multi headed thing. The only thing that saved the visit was the gift shop and the shirt I bought, 'I walked stairs and saw three heads and bought this shirt woooo!' The shirt is very soft.

"Why are you being cautious for?" I whispered over Mouse's shoulder which made it jump, hitting me under the chin. Which made me bite my tongue and sent me stumbling backwards.  Before I could ask about dragons, "Youf arb jumbee."

Mouse shot me a look that said it all and then some. "Sarbee, Jub seathin whyb bending caubtentous." Mouse took another step towards the door, "Isn't strange we haven't run into anything in the castle. It should be teeming with things."

I stopped all movement and just listened, "Ib wibered bat tub. Butb thall itb wab callb itb ib haund."

For a moment I thought Mouse was going to smack me, telling me the place isn't haunted for the umpteenth time. I think I saw its hand pull back a little in fact, "it isn't haunted." Mouse growled silently.

"Howb dub yub expwain..." I start to poorly say.

"I dint know, don't care. There should have been monsters hanging around but there is none. That means something is wrong,"

"Wong ibnt gowd."

"Get ready," mouse said reaching for the doorknob. I nod and reach into my bag for my staff.  Not like it will do any good against the dragon that is on the other side of the door. Other than use it for a toothpick, dental hygiene is good though.

((I am not so sure about this...))

• Legate
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #127 on: Yesterday at 07:16:26 am »
I started to glisten as Mouse's hand slowly went for the doorknob. Any slower and I don't think it would be moving, well at least to human eyes. Nervously I look at mouse then at mouse's hand then whisper, "Are you going to move any faster."

Mouse jerked its hand away, when it heard my voice and gave me a look that burned through the stone behind me. Then slowly started reaching for the doorknob again.

"You need to hurry, the dragon might be getting hungry. Hungry dragons aren't nice dragons."

Mouse jerked its hand back again, it's gaze burning another two holes into the wall behind me before motioning for me to be quiet. Of course I nodded, mouse has the sword which trumps staff anytime. Especially with the size of mouse's sword, that it one time size does matter. Big sword, no huge sword, no humongous sword beats everything. It is one of those, speak to the sword moments.

"What did you say? SCHWING"

"Oh um I said um yeah okay this and that okay and um..."

"That is what I thought. Reverse SCHWING"

You think I would have learned from the first two times, nope I am stubborn like that. The only thing that learned a lesson was the wall to be honest. It could have been crying stone tears, "why do you keep doing that?"

"What type of dragon do you think is on the other side of the door?" Which got me the look again and if the walls could try they would. Maybe even dance around going ow ow ow ow and try to put out the burning feeling. I could go so commercially right now but I won't, don't need to have the censors going, what is she referring to? Do you know? Do you think she is referring to spilling hot coffee in her lap? If so, the safety top was on pretty good, she just had it at just the right angle and SPLASH!

Mouse growled and I gave it the power sign of be quite, one finger in the vertical position and "Shh...... There might be a dragon on the other side of the door." Which got me another look and possibly the walls behind me crying even more. If I looked back would I see twin streams of water running done the wall? I start to turn to look, hey curiosity got the better of me, when suddenly I felt something grab me by the front of my neck and pull me close enough to smell Mouse's breath, "Don't speak another word until I tell you, okay?"

I nodded slowly, it was a mixture of saying okay, will do and trying to find clean air. That last part was kind of important since the area in front of my mouth now smelled uber overripe. Like a lactose intolerant skunk got ahold of milk,and well.....Phpt! 'I will stay quiet, I said, with a smile, holding back a cough.

Quickly I take a step back, "you really need to open it so we can see." Which Mouse answered with a growl and a loud sneeze.

((Remember Guys sweat and girls glisten.))