Caravanserai [Out of Character; Open to New/Old Members and Applicants]

Started by Flower, July 05, 2018, 08:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SepiaSunfury

Quote from: Elizabeth Ecsed on June 09, 2020, 06:35:36 AM
Yep yep. If I saw that at a rave, I'd follow it around for an hour LOL.

I'd turn around and dance with you if you'd let me.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Heh. Nothing says fun at a rave like dancing with a middle-aged sober lady who enjoys being there, but is also staying away from the speakers because they're really loud, and it's almost midnight and I've already stayed up too late 😁

SepiaSunfury

Quote from: Elizabeth Ecsed on June 09, 2020, 10:43:44 PM
Heh. Nothing says fun at a rave like dancing with a middle-aged sober lady who enjoys being there, but is also staying away from the speakers because they're really loud, and it's almost midnight and I've already stayed up too late 😁

You just exactly described me too!!

Elizabeth Ecsed

Quote from: SepiaSunfury on June 09, 2020, 10:53:26 PM
You just exactly described me too!!

Hahaha, yesss, perfect!!! Middle aged lady squad, handing out water bottles and snacks and yelling at the kids to put in ear plugs and get some sleep!!

SepiaSunfury

Quote from: Elizabeth Ecsed on June 09, 2020, 11:12:10 PM

Hahaha, yesss, perfect!!! Middle aged lady squad, handing out water bottles and snacks and yelling at the kids to put in ear plugs and get some sleep!!

ROFL! Yes! "If you're going to swallow that, Young Missy, you'd better have a designated driver lined up! and hey! drink more water with that!" bangs her cane on the ground.

RedPhoenix

Hey lovely people, I need to take a break from Cara. It's nothing to do with anyone here, y'all's amazingness is why I stuck around so long. Hopefully this is a rejuvenating type break and you'll see me again, but if not it was truly wonderful and I love you all. <3
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Lady Sakura

Take care of yourself Red. I hope to see you around here again soon.

Much much love to you <3

SepiaSunfury

Quote from: RedPhoenix on June 12, 2020, 09:58:06 AM
Hey lovely people, I need to take a break from Cara. It's nothing to do with anyone here, y'all's amazingness is why I stuck around so long. Hopefully this is a rejuvenating type break and you'll see me again, but if not it was truly wonderful and I love you all. <3

Love you, Red! Thank you for making me feel welcome here!

RedPhoenix

LocusVonErich

I miss it too. Been a long time since I got to play Joseph. If we had a set timeline, I’d post up at the bar again. Or maybe the observatory.

Flower

Flower

I am considering reopening Caravanserai (exactly when depends on how much I'm renovating). However, I'd love some feedback from the community about what you thought worked well (or didn't!). If no one has any opinions, that's fine too. I can rake my brain. xD

For starters, I am considering getting rid of the no cars/phones restriction. That seemed to cause a lot of confusion.

Part of me also wonders if an island resort might be a better location.

RedPhoenix

Oooh I like the idea of Cara 2.0 in a different location! We could have like, a free stay offered for loyal customers as a reason to have old characters show up again! It would also give a clean break from the old stuff, although maybe like one historical thread open for anyone who still wanted to right them?

And yeah I did notice like, more than half of folks showed up in a car haha.

I'll think more about what worked and what didn't. I mostly have very happy memories of Cara so saying 'all of it' is probably not helpful. =)

LocusVonErich

Honestly, I liked having it in the Sahara. Though I do like the idea of a historical thread. And maybe a change of venue is a good thing. I just want to get back into some mischief with Joseph.

Peripherie

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Flower

Good morning, starshines! ^^

Yes, I am now divided between an island location or somewhere nice and forest-y. Could be both! It exists.

I love the idea of a free stay. They could receive an email that lets them have whatever amount of days free if they visit the new location.

Peripherie

RedPhoenix

LocusVonErich

If we must move away from the desert resort, I’d rather somewhere warm.

Peripherie

I'm sure it will be outvoted, just had to put it out there. *imagines all the cozy snuggling*

Flower

Been researching islands, and apparently, it snows on the mountain in Hawaii. It isn't as prolific as other places but xD. So totes possible, Peri. <3

RedPhoenix