The Caves of Mineral Springs (NC-Exotic, Mystery, Horror, Modern)

Started by OldSchoolGamer, January 31, 2009, 08:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duchess

i think you can still join and i do like the depressed dude idea

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Thaleia on February 04, 2009, 12:51:43 PM
i want to join but cant make up my mind yet in what character i want to play *pouting*

Maybe a rising actress after she was seen drinking and clubbing to much and was advised to make a choice in going to treatment or lose her job, she had to find a hiding place to make the paparatsy believe she chose treatment but her assistant found the flyer off the place and they decide that it’s perfect for her weekend hiding.

:nods:

That would be acceptable.  Really, I'm pretty open when it comes to character types.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Imogen on February 04, 2009, 01:34:30 PM
I'd be interested in joining.

The character I have in mind is one of the students, not as pyshically buff as most of the spelunking enthusiasts but determined to succeed. She would be the editor of the School's newspaper and is known for her insatiable curiosity, one of the reasons she has signed up for this trip. This reporter-to-be considers everything an opportunity and hopes for her big break with one story or the other.

That would actually dovetail rather neatly with the mystery aspect of the game, so go for it.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Asmodeus on February 04, 2009, 01:50:29 PM
Ah shit, I missed the bus!

*stands in the road with puppy eyes*  :(

I wanted to play Bbbob's camping buddy - a younger, more straight-laced hiker.

Bah!  Never mind.

How about a guy who's come to the lake to commit suicide (for reasons to be revealed).  He then gets caught up in the mine-trip and decides to put his suicide plans on hold.  ;)

I was gonna cap it at five, but what the fuck...go ahead and join up.  :-)

Duchess

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Thaleia on February 04, 2009, 05:15:27 PM
where should we post the character sheet?

Here, for now.  If you have any details you'd prefer not to be in the public domain, PM them to me.

Duchess

Click Image to Enlarge Image Hosting

Name: Taylor Barton
Characters Age: 21
Eye color: light brown
Hair color: dark brown, change hair color occasionally
Physical Description: Taylor is a 5.5 beauty with natural tan skin. Her light brown hair crowning her oval shaped face enhanced by her almond shape light brown eyes... Always changing her hair color barely leaves a trace of her natural dark brown color. Taylor has the perfect hourglass shape because of her dance background giving her a graceful and alluring presence.
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual
Personality: Outgoing, Intelligent, Confident, A bit naïve
Strengths: strong minded and passionate, extrovert  and outspoken
Weaknesses: Can be extremely rude, impatient, a people pleaser
Bio: Taylor grow up acting because of her charming and sweet childlike face, she fits perfectly with the other children her age that were working that time. only working and no time for fun, as a teenager her rebel side started to show up but they could still tone her down but by that time her family started enjoying her money more than her not allowing her to quit acting and have e a normal live. When she hit adult she broke free from her ties and completely went crazy and rebellious. Party until next day, reaching work late and there was rumors about extreme drinking and some drug abuse, who knows. Deep inside she was depressed and used her rage against everybody getting to close to her. However, the paparazzi tagged her as a spoiled brat and did everything possible to get good shots on her. Her private life destroyed got her drinking more to forget about whom she is and pretended to be a normal adult.

Imogen

Name: Daniela (Danny) Rogers
Characters Age: 18
Eye color: hazel
Hair color: chestnut, dyed with a purplish shine
Physical Description: A pretty girl, standing at an average 5’7” with hazel eyes -often obscured by glasses- and a wealth of loose, purplish dark curls. Although she likes hiking and nature, Danny prefers to spend her day behind her laptop, or hunting for news and stories. As a result, her body leans to curvaceous instead of slender.
Personality: Friendly, Curious, Interested
Strengths: Intelligent, Determined, Ambitious, Genuinely interested in people and places
Weaknesses: Introvert, Nerdy, near-sighted
Bio: Danny had been a tomboy from her early days, playing with the boys on an equal level well into highschool. She was the girl next door, offering the boys advice and giving them a jab on the shoulder and an Xbox challenge to cheer them up. Being a natural snoop, Danny learned much from boys, especially in the way they viewed girls, sports and a ton of other subjects. Considering their views onesided however, she embarked on her first mission and wrote a passionate article for the school paper “Girls in sports”, detailing the lives of several fan girls and their all consuming passion. The article was well received, and after that first taste of writing, success and stories, there was no stopping the young reporter. She chose stories others had not thought of, and has a gift of making the mundane seem glamorous and interesting. This old mining town is her latest project, and she comes armed with a small digital camera, a laptop and pen and paper, ready to record the group’s experiences and turn a standard spelunking trip into a breath taking adventure.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

OldSchoolGamer

Last call for characters...openings may arise later, but if you want in at the ground floor, now's the time.

OldSchoolGamer

Katiemac

Shoot, I just joined Elliquiy, and this is the first game that's tweaked my interest.  Can I hop on as the Intrepid female government geologist who was minding her own business, re-examining old sites for new mineral deposits?

BigBuckBob

We haven't entered the cave, so it probably just depends on what Ty thinks about the pace of the game so far.

Might save time if you make up a character sheet while you wait for him.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Katiemac on February 12, 2009, 02:49:04 AM
Shoot, I just joined Elliquiy, and this is the first game that's tweaked my interest.  Can I hop on as the Intrepid female government geologist who was minding her own business, re-examining old sites for new mineral deposits?

Sure, I think there's a role for a character like that.  Welcome aboard!

Lorelei

Hi!  I'm sure the game is all full by now but if you need a substitute or stand in, please keep me in mind. 

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Lorelei on February 15, 2009, 05:32:31 PM
Hi!  I'm sure the game is all full by now but if you need a substitute or stand in, please keep me in mind. 

Go ahead and submit a character.

Lorelei

Thanks!

Name: Sera O'Connell
Characters Age: 22
Eye color: auburn
Hair color:  green
Physical Description: Sera is an exquisitely lovely young Caucasian woman in her early 20's with smooth fair skin, thick auburn hair and intense green eyes.  At 5ft 7in, she is lithe and athletic yet delightfully feminine in all respects.
Sexual Preference: Bisexual
Personality:  Adventurous, Compassionate, Curious, Activist
Strengths:  Fit, Bold, Likable
Weaknesses: Soft-hearted, Pacifist, Easily Seducible
Bio: Born and raised by ex-hippie parents in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sera is a New Age girl with a 21st century sensibility.  Since starting college, she has dabbled with everything from veganism, wicca, psychodelic drugs and bisexuality.  A lover of the outdoors, she has hiked and biked all over the West and has been to Burning Man four years in a row but up until now, she has never been spelunking....

Tad

Please keep me in mind as well if there's any new openings.  I'm more than happy to play a character that runs into a nasty in the dark and ends up carrying its spawn... just thought I'd throw that in there. 
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

Tad

Name: Jennifer "Jen" Boyle
Characters Age: 27
Eye color: Blue
Hair color:  Dirty Blonde
Physical Description: At first glance, Jen seems to be just another academic.  Her face is almost always a bit dirty from her most recent dig, and she has a tendency to drift off into her own thoughts.  But if a person takes the time to look closer they'll notice the fine sculpting of her form that years of physical work has given her.  Her eyes are a bright blue, and they look deeply into whatever hold their attention.  Her hair is generally braided to keep it out of the way, and her clothing is sensible and keeps her cool in the desert sun.
Personality:  Inquisitive, Knowledgeable, Independent, Strong-Willed
Strengths:  Educated, Physically fit, Logical
Weaknesses: Stubborn, Absent minded, Trouble believing in the supernatural
Bio:  Jen worked on her archeological degree out on the east coast, but discovered that her major love in the field was the Wild West.  She loved the interactions between so many different cultures, the way that they each adjusted to the others.  Taking a post at UCLA, she worked in their history department for two years before learning that she'd been regulated to a desk job.  She'd never again be able to dig up relics or find the lost bits of information that she loved so much about her field.  In disgust she quit her post and decided to take some time to do free-lance archeology.  Liquidating her savings gave her the money to get set up, and a few months ago she set out backpacking to ghost towns along the Sierra Nevadas.  She had just reached one such town when she realized it wasn't abandoned... a group of college kids seemed to be visiting.
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

OldSchoolGamer

Excellent addition...I'll try and post an opener for her in a couple hours.