Looking for Amber diceless roleplay (looking for GM)

Started by Empyrean, January 04, 2018, 04:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empyrean

Hey everyone.

I was going through my old Amber books and I was wondering if there was any interest in getting a group going. We'd need a GM and some players. I was curious to see what was out there as far as this goes.

Bowen

I'm totally interested and willing to play in an Amber game.

Empyrean

Yay! That's one! Any idea what you'd be interested in playing?

Wyatt

I play a fair amount of Amber in forums outside of E.  I GM a fair amount but don't have enough available E time to properly do so here.  I might consider playing depending on the flavor of the game and group.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Bowen

Quote from: Empyrean on January 06, 2018, 05:53:28 PM
Yay! That's one! Any idea what you'd be interested in playing?

I have a few ideas:
1) Half Amberite/Half Dragon (dragons being shape shifters and this one being in human form when they met)
-mostly they'd be human with a flare for magic and shapeshifting in the beginning. Eventually I see him as a high strength, pattern/sorcerer/shapeshifter.

2) Child of a Prince and a Princess of a nearby Shadow (Begma/Kafsha/etc) except she's actually a Lady of Chaos who is a spy.
-My guy wouldn't know about his mom being what she is..she's just mom. I imagine she'd fake her death at some point so she could go back and report in.
She'd most likely not encourage things that could find her out like Sorcery so he'd be more of a warrior type (warfare/pattern) who could eventually discover his dual heritage..or not.

Empyrean

That sounds pretty cool! :)

My thought was for a young Princess of Amber, fresh out of high school. She's a talented musician with a strong will (probably high Psyche). I'm thinking she grew up in Shadow, ignorant of her heritage until her Amberite mother or father came for her and introduced her to the wild and crazy world of Amber and its' politics. She'd have the Pattern, and is just finding her feet with the whole "travel through Shadow" business. As well as having to learn all the courtly arts and how to fight. Lots of potential for her, but lots of learning and growing to do too.

Wyatt

I tend to favor playing children of Gerard, Julian, Caine or Deirdre, usually fairly balanced on stats with a unique skill or artifact here or there.  I have a fair sized closet full of both female and male character ideas, down to earth Arden types, or exotic enough to have a daughter of Bleys with Chaosian Vampiric blood crossed into a red haired, blue eyed Dhampir.  My magical characters tend more towards an elemental sort of magic and away from sorcery and spell casting.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences