Of Fire,Water,Earth&Air(Extreme-LGBTQ friendly,POSSIBLE RE-DO!Interest check)

Started by bubby, October 14, 2013, 03:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

>.> Well without the mentors, I suggest making the world much much smaller cause as things were, the elementals were very spread out and there aren't enough characters for everyone to have people to play with, so there would be a lot of sitting around and/or solo posting for people.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Lady Lunarius

Hey would it be a good idea to start with a fresh recruitment thread? Might not scare so many people away if they see like 17 pages worth of interest and the like.  Maybe get all the info into the first couple posts. Be willing to help out a bit if you'd like too. <3
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

bubby

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on February 08, 2015, 04:40:20 PM
Hey would it be a good idea to start with a fresh recruitment thread? Might not scare so many people away if they see like 17 pages worth of interest and the like.  Maybe get all the info into the first couple posts. Be willing to help out a bit if you'd like too. <3

Yeah, I was gunna do that. I can lock the old one myself right? I don't need Purple to do it?

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

bubby

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on February 08, 2015, 04:48:04 PM
Yeah you can lock it yourself. :)

Sweet. Should I change the old header in the locked thread to state something about re-starting ro anything? Or just not worry about it?

Lady Lunarius

Post a link here when you've got the new one up and ready for us to post in. Then lock this thread. <3 It works if you reserve the first two posts for yourself then let us know too. <3 <3 <#
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

consortium11

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on February 08, 2015, 04:33:37 PM
>.> Well without the mentors, I suggest making the world much much smaller cause as things were, the elementals were very spread out and there aren't enough characters for everyone to have people to play with, so there would be a lot of sitting around and/or solo posting for people.

That was probably the biggest "issue" (and I use that term loosely) with the last version of the game; it took a long time for characters to actually start to interact with each other (especially on the "good" side) which meant that at times the game appeared a bit disjointed and I imagine intimidating for anyone looking to join but who's character was seemingly based in one of the less populated regions.

I'd likely suggest (re)kicking-off with some sort of event... perhaps a big tournament/fair/feast/celebration in either the capital or somewhere else (the anniversary of the Queen's, blessed be her name, coronation perhaps?) which all the characters are there for (players can decide why). Have us all do some mingling posts, then have something big happen... the obvious one is the elementals all unleashing their powers (by accident or by design) although it could be an assassination attempt, a rebel scheme etc etc... and thus we all have an obvious thing to draw us together.

Quote from: bubby on February 08, 2015, 04:46:50 PM
Yeah, I was gunna do that. I can lock the old one myself right? I don't need Purple to do it?

Feel free to use my old trailer, rough as it is, or any of the other stuff (MTG cards for example) in any new thread if you think it would help drum up interest/business.

bubby

PrestaDGTation

Quote from: consortium11 on February 08, 2015, 05:18:43 PM
That was probably the biggest "issue" (and I use that term loosely) with the last version of the game; it took a long time for characters to actually start to interact with each other (especially on the "good" side) which meant that at times the game appeared a bit disjointed and I imagine intimidating for anyone looking to join but who's character was seemingly based in one of the less populated regions.

I'd likely suggest (re)kicking-off with some sort of event... perhaps a big tournament/fair/feast/celebration in either the capital or somewhere else (the anniversary of the Queen's, blessed be her name, coronation perhaps?) which all the characters are there for (players can decide why). Have us all do some mingling posts, then have something big happen... the obvious one is the elementals all unleashing their powers (by accident or by design) although it could be an assassination attempt, a rebel scheme etc etc... and thus we all have an obvious thing to draw us together.

Feel free to use my old trailer, rough as it is, or any of the other stuff (MTG cards for example) in any new thread if you think it would help drum up interest/business.

Sounds good!  Hehe, makes for a fun re-tool for Inia!  I'll have to think about exactly how!  I'm curious, even without mentors, can a character still suggest ways to learn new powers?  For example, I had this wonderful scene where Water Mentor Inia was going to teach an Elementalist how to project their perception to clouds by getting wasted and lying in shallow pools as they evaporated, or going spelunking for a sunken ship to teach them how to breathe underwater.  Not so much a mentor thing, but more like a 'village raises the Next Avatar" kind of thing!

Hahahaaa, or the Baron Fioro Eschet might be having a harvest festival is Tiskele! 

Gods, I'm excited!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

bubby

Quote from: PrestaDGTation on February 08, 2015, 05:27:45 PM
  Sounds good!  Hehe, makes for a fun re-tool for Inia!  I'll have to think about exactly how!  I'm curious, even without mentors, can a character still suggest ways to learn new powers?  For example, I had this wonderful scene where Water Mentor Inia was going to teach an Elementalist how to project their perception to clouds by getting wasted and lying in shallow pools as they evaporated, or going spelunking for a sunken ship to teach them how to breathe underwater.  Not so much a mentor thing, but more like a 'village raises the Next Avatar" kind of thing!

Hahahaaa, or the Baron Fioro Eschet might be having a harvest festival is Tiskele! 

Gods, I'm excited!

If you want to keep your fishy lady and have her just be normal but end up friendly with Water that's cool.

bubby