High Fantasy, Adventure, and Romance [ F / F ] [ Various ]

Started by Hemingway, February 02, 2017, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

Hello, and welcome!

In this thread, you'll find my ideas for scenarios that might lead to great adventures. Adventure, and lesbian romance, anyway. While I'm fairly confident sex will enter the mix, too, that's not the main point. And while that sex can get kinky - and I'd absolutely enjoy that - it has to make sense, somehow. Because I want this to be a mostly lighthearted story, there will be no noncon involving monsters, or anything like that. That said, a bit of darkness and drama, used sparingly at the right moments, could be good. In summary, what I'm looking for is . . .

• Romance that is given time to develop on its own.
  • Wondrous, fantastic places described in great detail.
  • Lighthearted adventure and discovery.

With that said, on to my ideas. You'll notice these are less story ideas, more places and settings I think could be interesting. I chose to do this because I'm not really keen on ready-made stories and characters in others' games, and I don't want to tell others what to play in mine. What I'm looking for in general, in terms of characters, are fairly young - for their races, at least - and inexperienced ones. I'm quite open beyond that, both to cheerful, adventurous types, and darker, more reluctant ones. While I have some ideas for characters of my own to bring to the table, it's something I prefer we work out based on each others' preferences.

Quote from: The Ruined Keep of Black Cauldron Lake
At the heart of Black Cauldron Lake is an island, and on that island is the ancient ruin of Cauldron Keep. It is a place wrapped in local legends, and little is known about it except that it has been there for generations beyond recollection. On especially moonlit nights, when fog settles over Black Cauldron Lake, light and distance play tricks on the senses, giving the impression the entire island has simply disappeared. While on clear, windy days, the old ruins moan and groan sorrowfully, the howling wind carried and distorted by the black waters of the lake.

The local fisherfolk avoid the island. In part, it's superstition - half-remembered tales of ghosts and ancient curses told to frighten children - and in part the very real danger presented by the treacherous waters of the lake close to the island. While the waters are known to be full of jagged rocks waiting to sink the unwary, some claim a malevolent spirit haunts those waters.

Despite this, both locals and adventurers from faraway lands are intrigued by the island just waiting for someone to discover its secrets.

Quote from: The Groaning Hollow
On the rain-soaked and windswept Tempest Coast sits a strange mountain. It seems made up entirely of strange, hexagonal pillars of gray rock, too complex to be the work of nature, or humans. While local legends differ on the exact nature of the mountain's creator - be they giants, or some long-forgotten civilization of dwarfs, or even an ancient dragon - they all agree the supernatural is at work.

While the Tempest Coast sees its share of travelers both by ship - often ill-fated - and by land, and the nearby town of Stormspear's tavern is always abuzz with activity, few ever venture near the mountain. Believing the mountain to be the resting place of something ancient best left undisturbed, or a gateway to the realm of the Fae, or even the Underworld, the locals discourage adventurers, insisting there is nothing to be seen. Those few curious or brave enough for a closer look, however, report a network of caverns honeycombing the mountain, leading deeper into the earth. Occasionally, they even tell of noises from the earth - groans, or moans, or even singing, giving it the name of the Groaning Hollow.

Other tales however, of treasures, of eerie crystals the size of a grown man, of strange plants not seen anywhere else, are bound to attract more adventurers.

While these little scribbles are intended to provide some inspiration and some starting points, I'm also open to other suggestions of a similar nature. I'd also be more than willing to create a more fleshed-out story for how our characters come to meet, and why they need to go exploring wherever it is they end up going. I may also end up adding more ideas, or fleshing them out, when and if I get them.

If any of this sounds interesting - or just plain confusing - feel free to send me a PM. Obviously, you're also more than welcome to look over my O/Os. I'll be looking forward to your response!