Bodies of dead babies found by river near hospital in China...

Started by Muninn, March 31, 2010, 01:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muninn

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/03/30/china.babies.bodies/index.html?hpt=P1

:/ terrible..... and my (Chinese) co-worker just told me that he saw a dead baby on the side of the road when he was younger.

Sabby

QuoteEight of the bodies had tabs with clinic code numbers attached to their feet, China's state-run Xinhua news agency reported. The tabs showed the bodies came from the Jining hospital.

Not very clever, are they? :/

Bottles Broken

How heart-wrenching...! I very much pity the poor man who discovered them. What a nightmarish scene. :(

The Exiled

This is nothing less than an outrage, and its been going on in China for decades. If only they would try to set up an international adoption program in these hospitals...

Sabby

Quote from: The Exiled on April 01, 2010, 05:58:51 AM
This is nothing less than an outrage, and its been going on in China for decades. If only they would try to set up an international adoption program in these hospitals...

Adoption? The way the article reads, this was improper disposal of remains, not throwing unwanted infants into mass graves. They were already dead, they just cut corners and tried to make a dishonest profit.

The Exiled

I get so upset when I'm reminded how many infants are just... dead. Unwanted. Are humans really this barbaric?

Sabby

Well, its been made kind of clear right now that this place isn't exactly professional, so you can't rule out negligence here, but at least a portion of those babies died from sadly natural events. Stillborn, the flu... best hospital in the world can't save everyone. Its hardly barbaric, just a sad fact.

In this particular case, however... probably best you NOT devote much thinking time to the negligence/natural causes ratio.