Project Wonderland

Started by MissFire, December 12, 2014, 05:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

The year is 2088 and you awaken from a long slumber. You return to consciousness inside of a cold suspended animation tube. The closeness brings about a brief moment of panic as you struggle to move, confused as to where you are. Once you realize your surroundings, you begin to pound against the sturdy, clear front of the tube. Your struggles send waves of pain up your body, the tubes in you pulling this way and that. You keep beating against the cover and the tube suddenly slides open, nearly sending you spilling out onto the floor. The fog in your mind clouds any memory of who you are, where you are, or why you're here. All you know is that you're not alone and there is a sign on the tube across from yours that reads, simply, 'PROJECT WONDERLAND'.

...Who are you?

Alice is a young blonde in her late teens. She has a great destiny ahead of her in the post apocalypse. Alice is a daydreamer, a thinker, and planner. She awakens possessing a wealth of knowledge that she has no idea how she earned. Well-versed in literature, geography, architecture, engineering, chemistry and a multitude of other fields. She has the skill and knowledge of a highly-trained special forces soldier - in the body of a teenager. With so much skill and knowledge she can be a showoff - a trait that doesn't always go over well with her companions. Yet, a mind so full strains to contain so much knowledge and with the stress of her current situation, her sanity could very well break.

The Chershire Cat is a young woman in her early twenties with wildly colored hair and a nearly permanent grin. If Alice's sanity is cracked then hers is already broken. Weather she was already this way before the project or not is unknown. A very mysterious and darkly humorous young woman, she is fond of gallows humor, riddles, and freely admits that the world has gone mad. Unlike the other test subjects, she seems to care little about finding about what happened to the world or her past. Somehow, the Chershire Cat possesses the ability to turn invisible for brief periods at a time.

The Mad Hatter is a charming woman in her early thirties with wild red hair and eyes like emeralds that gleam with a hint of insanity. She is manic, eager, and a little overbearing. She fluctuates between an extremely charming and extremely manic personality quite often and gets restless rather easily. Always moving, always going, always doing something, the Hatter is a woman of action. She believes she is human but, in reality, is actually a sophisticated clockwork automaton. As such, the Hatter is much stronger and more durable than any human.

The March Hare is the last test subject. She is a brunette in her late twenties, spry and athletic, loud and slightly obnoxious. Not as charming as Hatter, not as mysterious as Chershire, and not as knowledgeable as Alice, but equally insane just the same. March has the ability to bend her 'personal time' at will. That is, she can control the flow of time around herself, allowing it to appear that she is moving extremely quickly or extremely slowly.

These four test subjects have awoken to the smoking ruins of what was once the Earth. Can they find out what Project Wonderland is? What caused the apocalypse? Who, exactly, are they? And... are there more test subjects?
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Foxy DeVille

Ooooo... sounds interesting. The March Hare especially has my interest.

Lady Kitsune

I am interested in the Cheshire Cat, please!
I am working on it, I swear!

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.