~*Vampire Rivalries*~ Group Roleplay; Vampire/Modern

Started by AutoTune, April 02, 2013, 04:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoTune

Go Here If you wish to join~

Shadows had already consumed the city when Oliver walked outside on the roof of the disused shoppe building, peering out over the edge to look at the watery looking lights below at the ground level. Pedestrians were scurrying around down there, and the harsh scents of gasoline and car exhaust stung Oliver's nose as he scanned the roads below. A late night breeze tugged at his unkempt hair, and brought the sounds of sirens far away, and the noise of pidgeons roosting some where on a taller building behind this one. Hazey clouds were smudged purple from the night, wreathing the half moon in a slowly churning veil. Rain was on it's way, Oliver could feel it in the air, making his insides queasy. Jennete emerged from the hatch on the roof, and quietly walked up to stand beside him. She was in a woolen white sweater with buttons and knitted designs, and had a turtle neck shirt on beneath that, her curly dark brown hair tied in a loose braid. "Kile and Helana left fifteen minutes ago." She informed him, her amber eyes scanning the urban world below. "We better keep and eye on Rothmel Street, and the Cafe'."
Oliver nodded, "I'll go, keep an eye on Darla will you, if you please?" He asked, glancing at Jennete, who nodded in agreement, "Indeed, make sure Aribelle and her colony have kept their promise." She added as she turned, "The last summer we let them within our stomping grounds, her colony took away Rochella." An edge had escaped her usual calm tone, and Oliver knew how resentful she must feel; Aribelle was keen to take away Omegas from their colonies, and trianing them as her own colony vampires. Friendship was strained between septerate colinies, and Oliver had to admit, he did miss Rochella. "I'll make sure their colony kept their promise." Oliver responded, watching as Jennete walked back toward the hatch and climbed down, and out of sight.
Oliver turned, looking out over the cityscape and taking in a deep breath. He would check Rothmel Street, where a book store and a bread and pastries market stood across from eachother, on a turning road with a lampost. Oliver slid down the far edge of the building, clamouring down with silent ease, then walked out from the dark alley way, which had been rank with the stench of whatever it was the pidgeon building disposed of in the dumpsters back there. Striding out onto the sidewalk, Oliver made his way east, toward the far edge of their stomping grounds, half listening to the noisy music that played on the radios of nearby cars as he walked by them.

Upon arriving, the bookstore was closed for the evening, as was the pastry shop; it was cool, with the neon lights of other buildings blinking in the distance. The air felt thin, yet thick with the scent of the usual city smells, it was normal. But as Oliver approached the lampost, his shoes stepping softly against the rough concrete underfoot, he glanced up, and saw a flicker of movement at the corner of his eye ont he roof of the bookstore. He could hear the beating of a rapid heart, and the sudden halt of somone who knew it had been caught. "I can hear you." Oliver siad outloud, trying his best to hide his rising hostility. "No you can't." The intruding vampire responded, "I'm a figment of your imagination."
Figment of his imagination indeed.
Oliver scaled the building silently, and climbed up over the railing to glare at the intruder sternly, who had jumped in surprise, flaring her fangs in defense, "Jeremy, the moron spotted me!" She alarmed a nearby crate, where a second vampire emerged, following his friend as they fled the building. Dispersal vampires, they must be no older then five years in vampire terms. Olivcer watched them go with unblinking eyes, until they were specs in the gloomy light. Sastisfied the area was safe, Oliver turned, looking to the north west. Time to go to the Cafe'.

Snapespersephone

Barbetta surveyed the darkness of the forest as she planned her trip this night to get a few much need supplies for her well hidden forest home and perhaps meet a few new people. She pulled and twisted her dark curls into a high and fanciful bun before grabbing her long cloaklike jacket and pulling it over her flowing pale pink and white dress. She then took one last look around her home to make sure all of her things were in place before sliding out between the long vines that hide the entrance to her cave like home.

The young girl knew that going into the town was not always the best thing. There were many diffrent Vampiric families and in there eyes she would be an interloper. Marrisa her late vampire mother had warned her of this before that horrible night. they had been out so Barbetta could get a feel for her new life as a vampire and learn the skills Risa had said she would need in her future life as a Beta to her. The whole night had taken a dark and tragic turn when Risa heard the sound of an approaching figure and pushed her into a small crevice in the wall. from her hidden vantage point she watched as Risa had greeted the figure as Aribelle and tried to explain that her omega had yet again be left behind this night and she was just out to grab a few needed supplies. This new figure did not seem convinced and before young Barbetta's very eyes she snapped the older vampires neck and sent her companion to "find the girl". Admittedly Barbetta paniced and made a run for it keeping to the shadows and hidding out in her cave home.

Barbetta snapped out of her memories as she heard the voices and footfall of two approaching figures, so as was her custom she stepped back into the shadows listening to them complain about the moron who had found them as they hurried past her hidding spot. As soon as she deemed the way safe again she hurried for a meal at the Cafe', and any news of the changes in vampires and there territories. She wanted to make sure she would of course be safe in her home and solitude.
A&A: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=191520.new#new updated 12/24/15
Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=168435.0
Ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=177456.msg8429651#msg8429651
Fort: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169154.0
There is something wrong in life when my most dominate side is my muse, and she doesn't listen to me. She skips around doing her own thing and ignoring me.

Timber42

Liam woke with a start as thunder rumbled through the sky. The lights of the city shined brightly below him as he looked out his window, slightly muted by the storm. He loved the vantage point that this apartment gave him.

He had been a loner for a long time and had no intention on changing that fact. In northern Ireland, where he was turned, it was easy for a newborn to slip by unnoticed if he or she really wanted to. The wars had started shortly after he was made and his new "family" had quickly fallen victim. For about the next 5 years he drifted from place to place, never staying anywhere long, and ruthlessly exterminating any who found him. You didn't see what he had seen and survive by being a nice guy.

Liam was pulled out of his revelry by a knock on the door. He quickly donned a pair of black slacks and went to see who it was. When he opened the door a tell, gorgeous brunette was standing there in a black dress. She quirked up one side of her lips, smiling appreciatively at him.

"I see someone forgot about our date," she teased knowing full well that she was early.

"Come on in Becky," he replied, hurrying to finish getting dressed. "Make yourself at home." At that he hopped in the shower and quickly finished getting ready.

Ten minutes later, as they departed his apartment, she looked at him and asked "Where are we going again?"

"The Cafe."
Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.                                 -Lex Luthor

AutoTune

Oliver flinched as the revirberating noise of the thunder far over head buzzed in his sensitive ears, and he glanced up while he walked along the sidewalk. Big tear drops of rain began to fall heavily, pooling in cold, gritty puddles around the concrete and asphalt roads, and around drainage grates that dotted here and there near the bases of the closely clustered buildings. Blinking away the rain, Oliver hurried onward, feeling his jacket grow heavy and uncomfortable as it absorbed the falling streams that fell from the storm above. The sound of cars plowing through puddles on the streets to his left echoed dully in the city, and the hampering patter of the rainfall muffled any noises that would otherwise have been easy to pick up on. A lady using a newspaper as an umbrella walked past Oliver as he hurried on, her business-suit high heels clacking on the concrete sidewalk. The night-owl pedestrians who still roamed the city were hurrying to their assigned locations, suddenly eager to be inside rather then out and about in the storm.

Oliver rounded a corner, and spotted the late night Cafe' that his Colony's had dubbed as their own. It was a place where humans would gather to recite poems and limericks, free of charge, and would then sit to listen to jazz music while having a midnight snack, if the usual band was not allowing another to play in their place, which probably had a small venue fee, Oliver had oftem presumed. It was five blocks down, and he started toward it, but a familiar scent had bathed his senses. Turning, he could see Helana beckoning to him as she slipped into a nearby antique store, across the street. Helana was Kile's vampire, having turned idipendent of Kile's care and her Omega stage a year ago, and was now simply a Subordinate in the colony who had no interest of being in charge, nor leaving it's company.

She was compact and tiny, with dark blonde hair she usually dyed half of neon-red, and sported gray or black graphic tee shirts that had a alternitave rock band's logo over the front, along with a denim jacket and white jeans. Helana was a bit of the oddball in the colony. Oliver glanced up and down the street, before crossing over to the store, and she pulled him in by the sleeve of his jacket, "Helana what are you-"
"I found this at the south-west Boardwalk an hour ago," She told him once inside, "It's not from Aribelle though, Oliver, that's what's weirding me out," Oliver looked down at the folded, crumpled old note that Helana pressed into his hands, and let his eyes wander over it. "It's written all derpy and freaky, too, I wanted to show Jenette, but you were closer." Helana added, a frown creasing her face.

Unfolding it, it read the sentances "For the Vampires; .thgilF fO tuO staB gnihctanS", tagged with the name "Sincirely, The Hawkens Family"
"This is most likely a prank." Oliver reasoned, stuffing the obscure note in his pocket, "Where's Kile?"

Kile was Jenette's vampire, a year after she had claimed Oliver himself. Kile had short black hair, and a hint of Asian origin, but had the accent of a local within England. Kile had no interest in taking in charge either, although, lately he had been hovering around the borderline of contempt when ever Oliver gave a suggestion to start off the nightly routines of vampire life. It would be soon when he left the colony to be a loner, or to start his own colony. Well. Hopefully he would. Oliver pushed the thoughts out of his mind.
"Kile is still at the Boardwalk, he said he wanted to talk to a few friends of his at the other side of town, where our stomping grounds ends." Helana explained, looking uncertain. Oliver shook his head, "Come on, we can sort this out later after we check the cafe'." Tucking Helana in his side, much to her protest, voicing her annoyance by swiping his shoulder playfully, Oliver lead the way back outside in the downpour, squinting in the gloom. He started down the sidewalk, his thoughts wandering.

Snapespersephone

Barbetta rushed through the falling rain towards her destination for something to eat. The rain and thunder made her trek alittle easier as most vampires would be of course looking for cover as well. She slipped into the mutely lite cafe and took a darkened corner seat hoping to go unnoticed as she ate something quick and listened to the music. as soon as she was seated a perky waitress came over to take her order for a sandwich and drink then left her  solitude again. As she waited for her order she decided to take her hair down to give it time to dry on it's own.
As she laid her cloak over the back of the chair and was pulling the last of the pins from her curtain of hair she felt a presence at the door and sinking into the shadows she turned to take a peak. Just as her head was about to turn the perky waitress was back. bubbling about her sandwich and drink and how the man at the bar had kindly paid for it all and had even paid for a desert to come out for her as well. Barbetta glanced and saw the dark haired man they were talking about and with a nod of thanks to him she turned back to her meal.
No sooner had she taken the bite that the same gentleman took the seat in front of her. "Are you new then? I have not seen you around before. Who made you?"
Barbetta smiled, "I was made by Marrisa but she passed soon after I was made. I have no allegiance so if you could kindly hide in the dark as well. I would appreciate that."
"oh that is sad you should try and join a new family then. Are you still an Omega? my leader is always on the look out for Omegas to help."
Barbetta flinched back as the memories of Aribelle filtered through her mind. "Oh no I am not an omega any more. I am just a family of one."
A&A: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=191520.new#new updated 12/24/15
There is something wrong in life when my most dominate side is my muse, and she doesn't listen to me. She skips around doing her own thing and ignoring me.

AutoTune

Oliver peered through the window of the cafe', his eyes narrowing, pupils shrinking to animalian-like slits. The action caused movement to sharpen, and details to stand out, while letting in less light into the eye. There were vampires inside the cafe', there always had been in this part of town. Jennete allowed it, she figured at least one area in their stomping grounds should allow the occasional visitor or two. Oliver had always questioned this gesture of kind-heartedness, and just seeing the vampires inside made his skin tingle with annoyance. Did'nt they have territories of their own to attend, or other colonies to bother? Helana shuved passed him, trying to get a look, "I want to go talk to them." She said brightly, "See what the new gossip is all about."
"Be careful." Oliver warned her as she pried herself away, and walked inside, the bell at the glass door jangling noisily. Oliver swallowed at the nothing in his throat, feeling apprehension buzz in his stomach at the prospect of talking to strangers. Gathering his wits, Oliver followed Helana, walking less enthusiasticly through the door. The warm smells of food cooking, a fireplace burning, and the entrancing rythm of the music washed away the cold, gloomy feelings from the storm outside, wrapping around Oliver's senses like an inviting embrace from a long forgotten security blankie. Making his way over to his usual spot where he often liked to stare at others from, Oliver sat down, a booth with the seating's leather slightl broken, revealing the stuffing inside.

Oliver nodded to the waitress that greeted him, declining the offer for water, "I would like soup, thogh," He amended, "If you please." He liked soup, especially the kind they served here. It had angel hair pasta in it, with real chicken broth, and slices of carrot, and parsley. "Of course." The waitress responed, smiling as she left to a different table. The scents of the stranger vampires mingling with the unbeknowest humans were sliding away into the background of Oliver's priorities as he slipped out the obscure note again, looking at it quisicly while he waited for his food. It was a torn note, written in scribbly handwriting, that bared the smell of fish and the sea. There was also the undertone scent of some kind of normal scent, like a human, but different, in a way.

The approaching bowl of soup roused Oliver from his thoughts, and he smiled appreciatively at the waitress who brought it, "Thank you."
The soup was fantastic. Whilist indulging in the warm, velvety flavours of the soup, Oliver had not noticed the cafe' door's bell jingling as it opened, nor the alarmed look that Helana tried to hide as she stood from the stool she had been sitting on at the bar, and hurried over to sit at Oliver's table. "Hey, get out of soup-land and look up!" Helana hissed, and Oliver glanced up. "What?"
"Marvolone and James are here!" Helana whispered, trying to look like she was having a casual conversation. Descretly looking over while pretending to stretch, Oliver caught sight of them; Marvolone was an obnoxious alpha with curly red hair, with rumours going around that he had allied with Arribele a few years ago. James was formerly Helana's cousin, decades ago; any family bonds they used to have were not shared in vampire life, especially now with James having submitted his loyalties to Marvolone's colony. James had coal back, floppy hair, with a lock of it dyed strange neon green, and a graphic tee and purple hoodie.

"What in the name of everything civil are they doing so deep in our territory?" Oliver hissed resentfully under his breath, trying to avert the curious gazes of the several humans who were up late, eating sandwhiches for an extremely early breakfast. "I thought they lived far away in England?" Oliver could almost feel the burning stare of the two as they swaggered to the bar, as if challenging him to do something about them. "I think they do," Helana murmured, "But one of the other vampires around here were saying somehting about a rondeveu with Arribelle at the boardwalk later this month."
"They are not going to pass though our stomping grounds." Oliver growled quietly; Helana nodded, "I know I know, I just wanted to let you know."
They fell silent, Helana dropping her gaze to her hands, while Oliver dragged his eyes back to his soup, resuming it's consumption. All the while, Marvolone and James browsed the bar and cafe' areas, talking to the waitresses in hushed, interested tones.

Snapespersephone

The stranger smiled and turned his head revealing a streak of green in his hair, "My dear don't worry I would never steal away such a lovely creature I prefer my ladies willing." he reached for her hand but Barbetta pulled it back looking around the room once again.
"I do not wish to join a family as I am much happier on my own." She began to nibble at her sandwich as she plotted a way to escape this man with out seeming rude.
"Come now sweetheart I am harmless I swear. Just give old James a chance now." he reached out to grab her wrist and pull her closer to him.
She let out a slight squeak of pain and tryed to pull her wrist back, "Ow please James you are hurting me so can you kindly remove your hands from my person?" As she pulled she noticed the predatory gleam in his eyes and began to go through what all she had already revealed. She looked around the cafe desperately hoping some nice soul would come to her rescue here.

Talli

Korra had been wandering for days not knowing who she was or what she was. all she remembered was waking up to nothing but lifeless bodies around her. She had been scared ever since, she also felt strange, a roaring pain in her stomach hearing foot steps from miles away like they were a parade in front of her. She had lost track of the time, 'Had it even been days? Maybe it was weeks or maybe just hours.'

She pondered to herself, the rain fell upon her but she felt numb, as though nothing could touch her, or rather maybe like she couldn't touch it. Either way she knew nothing but to keep moving as though stopping would mean he would come back. She couldn't even remember who he was or if she ever knew him. She just kept seeing his face, that was the only thing she could feel even through all the numbness she could be afraid, afraid of his face. The bright green eyes and the silken black hair, no, it wasn't black, it was blue. A perfect midnight blue she remembered.

At that moment she had realized that the dull roar that she had been hearing in the back of her mind wasn't so dull any more as she noticed a little café up ahead her heart skipped a beat. She watched a few people walk in, they looked to be two men, one with a very interesting and brightly colored stripe of green hair. She darted into the alleyway to hide from them where she finally collapsed from the thirst that she hadn't known was weakening her.
For anyone who had been role playing with me before I left...
I'm sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused and I am also sorry that I was gone for such an extended amount of time. Things have been difficult and time has been sparse on my end so there hasn't been any way to get on.

AutoTune

Oliver could'nt help but stare, letting his watchful, scanning gaze rake across the unwanted visitors in the free-to-roam part of his territory. At one point during watching them, Oliver caught the imbecile of a vampire, James, dare touch the hand of one of the loners in the cafe'. Oliver felt singes of indignation and fury race up his spine like lightening, and burn in his chest like a wild fire. Helana had seen it as well, and Oliver could only imagine the long forgotten family strain she must be feeling towards her former cousin. His tolerence slipping away to the brink, regardles of the questioning glances of the humans nearby, and from the presumeably vampiric bar tender at the other edge of the cafe' area, Oliver stood, abandoning is meal, and strided over to the table.

"James," He barked sharply, approaching with a stern glare, "If you please, follow me." Oliver beckoned, letting his harsh gaze wander to the female vampire James had been bothering; Olver's eyes softened to sympathy, briefly. "I'm," Oliver began, "I'm sorry, this had to happen." Oliver dropped eye contact briefly, before turning to James. James had withdrew, his eyes darkening with nearly undisguised contempt toward Oliver. He stared for a few long, uncomfortable heart beats, before James turned with a frustrated grunt, eyeing the female vampire with longing as he ignored Oliver's request and strided back to Marvolone's side at the bar, snarling a few words Oliver could'nt hear to Morvolone.

The red-headed alpha's expression was bored, and he waved James away with annoyance as he stood. Oliver turned to the female vampire, nodding a hastey farewell, "Enjoy your evening." he murmured, appologetic, silver eyes glimmering in the half light of the cafe. Oliver tore his gaze away, hurrying to intercept Morvolone and James, and steering them toward the entrance door of the cafe'. Helana was on his heels, guiding the unwanted vampires with gleaming, unblinking stares, and walking with them outside. The rain had subsided, and clouds were wisping away overhead to reveal the setting moon, the air cold with the dampness of a storms afterglow. Despite this, the aptmesphere between the vampires were electric, and as soon as they were away from prying human eyes, Marvolone whirled on them, "Arribelle will hear about this, you scoundrel," He snarled, his peircing lapis-blue gaze boring into Helana and Oliver like daggers. "We should have the right to adopt who we deem worthy to join to our colony," James put in, lifting his chin in defiance.

Oliver glared, baring his fangs, "You have no right here," He growled, "Not with out consent from our leader."
Morvolone rolled his eyes, "Those are long forgotten traditions no one needs anymore," He dismissed it with a wave of his hand, "You're just dense, like Jennete is."
Helana hissed beside Oliver, who glanced back at her with a meaningful expression. "We may have different ways with the procedures on how we treat our seperate clans," Oliver worded carefully, letting his gaze trail back to the intruders, "But we want our customs respected, and in turn, we might do the same for your own, but for now," Oliver took a step forward, "I would appreciated it if you left."

Oliver held his breath as he waited for an answer, feeling tension thicken like curdling milk around them as Marvolone chewed on his lower lip, thoughtfully. James and Helana were shifting uncomfortably about the side walk and deserted streets, casting wary, untrustworthy glances at eachother while Oliver waited, praying to the stars that Marvolone would just hurry up and answer. The alpha's gaze flicked down to the concrete beneath his feet briefly, before looking up again with a disdainful sneer, "Fine then." He seethed, "But Arribelle will know about this."

Oliver let a small sigh of relief escape him as he watched Marvolone turn away, beckoning to James; they bounded down the street, never looking back as the fled the territory.

Snapespersephone

Barbetta shrunk under the harsh gaze of who she knew was Oliver and couldn't help but let out a shiver at James longing looking and just nodded at Oliver and began to nibble her sandwich again. She was saddened when the stress of meeting James had ruined the taste of an otherwise delicious sandwich. She looked around the bar watching as James went back to his red haired companion and then left with undisguised hostility. Barbetta caught the eye of the man working the bar and nodded when he raised an eye asking to join her.
As soon as he finished his last order he said something to his fellow bartender and then walked to her table and sprawled in front of her. "So little Betta attracting a free meal again? to bad this one was from a creep." he winked at her and patted her hand with a warm smile. "would my sweet little sister like to know what the creepy man said to his friend?" As he waited he took a drink of the soda sitting in front of her.
"Damien don't be an ass of course I want to know. I would hate to think they know where my real home is and wish to ambush me." She watched him drinking her pop and let out a bell like laugh, "hey now keep your hands off my rootbeer. I was going to actually drink it this time."
As the two siblings laughed and talked the waitress walked back over and laying a hand on his shoulder, "Here Betta one free dessert from a creep. I honestly never would have allowed him to pay if I had known he meant to man handle you, but hopefully volcano cake will make it all better and if not well I am sure D will buy his favorite sister something else. We have a great soup today."
The conversation flowed between the two humans and Barbetta until it was time for them both to get back to work. As he stood up Damien leaned forward and kissed her forehead, "run the few errands you have in town, but please return here before heading home. I would feel better if you would let me walk you home. That way if there is a threat waiting for you I can just sidetrack you to Polly and my house for the night...er morning."

Miss Red

It had been many years since Olivia last visited the city - a choice she was now starting to regret.

After Devon had vanished into thin air without so much as a whisper betraying his location, the colony soon followed in the wake of the unsettling event. With no Beta to step up and replace their Alpha as a permanent or temporary proxy, they scattered. Omegas, the young, barely experience vampires, were quickly scooped up by other colonies, and most of the subordinates wasted no times joining them within the ranks of rival groups. The Alphas had no complaints at the sudden flood of vampires in need of protection – and why would they? The clan that had caused them so much trouble and had a hold over much of the surrounding territory was disbanded, leaving the hunting grounds and forces open for picking. However, there were a few, like her, who refused to accept the fact that there beloved – or at the least respected - leader had left them to their own devices. It was foolish, naïve and wishful thinking, but it was impossible that he had just abandoned them. Impossible. There had to be a reason why he couldn't be found, one that she over looked. Hence, she returned to city of Devon's preference, the city that he'd allegedly spent his earlier years in. She had already scoured the obvious places, such as Kara's colony and the territory surrounding, or Ireland, with his former Alpha's clan. Neither had yielded any useful information on his location. His sister, however, despite not making any valiant efforts to reconnect with her brother, had suggested that Olivia should try searching Arborden for any leads.

She doubted that she would find anything. Tugging her duffle coat closer around her, the action out of habit rather then of anything else, her lips pursed into an irritated moue, platinum hair curling around her face as a breeze swooped through the street. Three years was a long time to be searching for someone - someone who might have disappeared of his own free will. It didn't matter that she or anyone else of her kind didn't age; to the older ones, yes, the years might seem brief and the lack of one's presence most likely inconsequential, but there was an eerie and unsettling air about the entire situation. Something was amiss, out of place... something was wrong. The fact that Olivia didn't know what it was only aided in stirring her continuous feelings of disconcert. If she failed to find any signs of her Alpha’s presence here, she’d be forced to return to a second line of inquiry, one that make her lips curl in disgust and the pit of her stomach squeeze with anger: she’d ask about the whereabouts of their former Beta. Former, because the coward of a man fled as soon as it was clear that Devon wasn’t returning, abandoning the duty of sliding into the Alpha’s role, and abandoning their colony to chaos. Julius was someone whom she’d preferred greatly not to meet, but if it came to it, she would. If he had peeled out so quickly, without any questions and without any known cause, then he most likely knew something. Or maybe not. For all she knew, the titian haired male deserted them because he was a weakling, because he was too scared of taking up the position that had so suddenly opened up. She knew nothing about the burdens of a Beta or Alpha, even despite the seniority she used to hold among the other subordinates. But it was clear that Julius was nothing more that a traitor and a deserter. Which was exactly what he was.

The soft soles of her boots made muted noises on the damp sidewalk as she hugged the shadows of the nearby buildings, the smell of rain and dew coating her skin in a clinging vapor. Despite the fact she had no blood pumping through her body to recoil at the chill, Olivia shivered. Even as a human she had never enjoyed storms or the idea that the skies broke open and heaven cried down on those who were unfortunate enough to lack the foresight to bring an umbrella, soaking jackets and clothing to the bone and drenching the hair – but what was the worst thing about it, in her opinion, was the smell. The rank, putrid odor of rain mixing with the pavement and smog hanging over cities like a lethal veil was sharp in her sensitive nose, causing it to wrinkle in revulsion as she struggled to control the growing nausea in her stomach. Snow was much more pleasant. Crisp, white, and new, the season of winter was one she favored above most. What wasn’t to like about it?

So wrapped up in her thoughts was she, the slender vampire only because aware of the pair rushing towards her at the last possible second, narrowly avoiding being rammed into by molding herself to the nearest wall, her back scraping the harsh face of the bricks behind her. Her silver eyes managed to capture only flash of green, black and red as they bounded past, the male shooting a glare and rather offensive oath at her as he ran by. In response, a hiss involuntarily escaped her mouth, white teeth flashing slightly in the dim light that flickered from surrounding streetlamps. Bastard. Did they think she wanted to be here, hunting down the two men who abandon them? No, no, no. Not abandon - only one of them did that. Devon didn't leave them. Wiping her expression free of any surprise and irritation, she send a glance down the street, a small part of her wondering what they were running from in the first place. The feeble gleam illuminating the streets caught on a small group standing on the black asphalt, two striding systematically across the sidewalks while one stood stationary in the middle. Despite the fact that she was in a roaming zone of a vampire’s territory, Olivia felt a tendril of fear slither down her spine, her expression shutting shut into a blank, uncaring look. Being a loner was a disadvantage at times like these. If anyone harmed her, there would be no one to ensure they were punished, no one to assist her in returning the favor. No one to care if she was killed again.

Resisting the urge to revert back to her Omega instincts - ones that were supposed to die out six years ago - she lifted her gaze, hardening it as she briefly met his eyes, their argent tone not unlike hers. Making sure to drop it after several seconds, lest he think she was sniffing around for a fight of some sort, Olivia resumed her path towards the Cafe' that was said to welcome vampires and humans alike. If there was a good place to gather information and eavesdrop on local gossip, surely it would be there. 

"My pessimism extends to the point of even suspecting the sincerity of the pessimists." - Jean Rostand

101 Excuses (A/A)

Talli

Korra awoke to find the rain subsided and an argument that had sounded very loud to her. With her head throbbing already she felt very over whelmed at the thought of an argument. It was then that she realized that she didn't know where she was, or what had happened. She listened to the conversation between the dark haired man and the two who seemed to oppose him. Her body began to shake in fear as he hissed at the red haired man and the one with the green stripe in his hair. They didn't react the way she would assume they would. They didn't seem to be thrown off by his fangs nor his temperament, which scared her even more. Shutting her eyes she pushed herself back in the alley as the two men took their leave.

She was fearful that he would come after her and hoped desperately that the rustle of the trash bags she had been hiding amongst weren't about to give her away. She closed her eyes tighter as her breath came in short quick rasps full of fear. Her ears perked up to listen but all she could hear so far was the leaving foot steps of the still retreating duo that had left moment ago, yet it felt like ages had past since they began their retreat. Then, suddenly, she heard him sigh in relief and opened her eyes to peer out from behind the big black bag full of foul ungodly stench thinking maybe he was leaving, freezing yet again when it rustled against the shifting pressure of the jacket once more.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused and I am also sorry that I was gone for such an extended amount of time. Things have been difficult and time has been sparse on my end so there hasn't been any way to get on.

AutoTune

The clouds were subsiding to whisps in the sky by the time the two were out of sight, and Oliver let his shoulders relax. Helana had been watching them leave, her fierce expression melting to that of a strained, unhappy look. "I wish colonies would just leave our home alone." She muttered resentfully, turning to walk to Oliver's side. He nodded, "It's what colony vampires must deal with day to day," He murmured, "I'm sure in Marvolone's own territory, his colony is probably getting the same harrasment from other loners." He searched Helana for eye contact, but she shook her head, not comforted by his words. Oliver was about to suggest to head back to home base, and report to Jenette, but a scent cought his attention on the wind. It was'nt the harsh gritty stench of the asphalt, and it was'nt the wet, rainy scent of the puddles on the concrete, and nor was it the warm inviting smells of food from inside.

It was the scent of a vampire. "Helana," he motioned to the subordinate, who looked up, alert. She turned her head, listening to the sounds of the far away traffic, and ambient noise in the backgorund of the city. "Hello?" Helana asked the air, trying to sound light and curious. Oliver felt uneasy at the thought of a vampire having heard the arguement, and felt his stomach clinch as he watched Helana take a few steps to a sound Oliver did'nt hear. "Be careful." He told Helana sharply, shifting from foot to foot. She rolled her eyes, uninterested in his advice.

Talli

As the seemingly gentle voice echoed through the alley way Korra let out the slightest whimpering cringe knowing full well she'd been found her luminescent green eyes glued shut as the pink tinged tears streaked down her face. She cursed her self and scolded for being so afraid, and even more she fought the urge to give in to the gentle voice that almost cooed to her sore ears, they washed warmly and almost familiarly against the pounding waved that rushed through her head with every beat of her straining heart.

"P-please d-don't  hurt me, I swear I don't know what you were talking about!" she blurted out in a meek voice, the sound came out scratchy and pitchy through her fear and sore dry throat. She sunk deeper into her spot of hiding wishing that she knew where to go, what to do. She didn't feel there was any where left to run, no where left to wander. So she waited for the cooing girl to find her, to expose her cover and to take what little life she had, or at least the few days of wandering that she had done, from her.

Miss Red

Olivia paused as the male barked a warning at the woman who had just stepped forwards, eyes bright and searching as she spoke.  Was she talking to her? The thought had never truly occurred to her, that an introduction was needed when encroaching on a free roam area. She’d never been asked for one. Unanimously, loners were looked upon as unwanted pests, ambling onto territories and being irritating in general. It wasn’t like she didn’t know where the opinion was coming from; while still with a colony, her contempt for rogues had been no secret. Now that she had become what she had never wanted to be, she didn’t know quite what to think – on one side, she knew that it’d be wise to leave after asking her questions to avoid irritating them, but on the other, a small part of her that was teeming with fatigue and irritation edged her on to stay as long as possible, just to witness their reaction. It was stupid, terribly stupid, but it sounded more promising then wandering off to another city and repeating the dull process. Her silver gaze narrowed as she regarded them, sizing up the small group of people. They weren’t so far away that her vision was at human level, and from this distance, she could see the slight changes as the dark-haired vampire shifted his weight slightly, betraying restless nerves. The movement was so strange that it had taken her a few moments to gather what it was, and what it meant – vampires weren’t quick to take on humane habits such as fidgeting, and any signs were taken as weakness. Clearly, he wasn’t so. Agitated, then? But why…?

The argument.

The platinum haired vampire sent a weary glance at him as their attention was diverted towards a nearby ally, a faint voice emitting from its depths. She had, in all honesty, tuned the conversation out when she approached. She was aware that this was a bad thing, seeing how it was a key factor in the undead’s survival, but it was easier fading out the murmuring around her to a low drone rather then have her mind overrun by multiple conversation from multiple different people. Some of them she couldn’t help overhearing, but this wasn’t one of them; she had no desire to eavesdrop on a exchange between irritated vampires, nor did she have one to know what that exchange contained. Holding a slight hope that they’d simply ignore her and let her enter the warm, glowing Café sending a welcoming luminescence out through its window that illuminated the dark, she tilted her head downwards, metallic eyes shielding by pale tresses, and resumed a brisk walk, stepping unto the black asphalt of the street in order to avoid the alleyway from where the voice had emerged.
"My pessimism extends to the point of even suspecting the sincerity of the pessimists." - Jean Rostand

101 Excuses (A/A)

AutoTune

Oliver caught several different scents on the breeze, while watching Helana carefully as she dropped her voice into a sing-song tone, coaxing what sounded like a young omega, or the likeness of one, out from a hiding place. "I won't hurt you, I promise," Helana had said, smiling brightly, "I just want to know what brought you here, that's all." Oliver turned, ripping his gaze to where he heard boots on asphalt. It's busier then usual at the Café. Oliver murmured, feeling twinges of foreboding coil in his stomach. He turned to Helana again, eyeing the hiding place with a frown. "I'll leave you to deal with this," Oliver said, "I need to report back to Jennete, and make sure Kile came back to the territory."
Helana nodded, not looking at Oliver as she inched closer to the hiding place slowly.Oliver turned on his heels and waked briskly to the main base, leaving the Cafe' and the surrounding cityscape behind, and venturing home to where the colony rested.

The sounds of Oliver's shoes fading away into the distance could be heard among the ambience of the urban world's sounds, as Helana made her way closer, folding down to sit on the abandoned road, cross-legged, not caring her jeans got a little wet from the rain water. "Can I ask what your name is?" She asked quietly.

Talli

Korra listened to the girls gentle voice and her soft steps as she nestled down onto the street. her name, the girl asked her name... But what, what was it? "I- I don't remember." She said to her looking up at the gentle face her glimmering eyes still wet with tears. She had decided that the boy was not coming in and so when he began to walk away his foot steps falling to that of the rest of the restless noise of the city she grew less fearful as though she understood what was happening. As soon as Korra made contact with the woman's beautiful eyes hers fell to the ground with out even a conscious thought on why.

Fidgeting with her hair she went on to explain the awful scenes that had been plaguing her mind and told her from which direction she'd wandered, How she had been wandering for days and how, as odd as it might seem she had almost been drawn to this place, for some reason. "But I guess I probably sound crazy. If something were to happen like that there would of been cops and detectives and... Well I don't know. Maybe I should keep going I guess." She said suddenly feeling as though she'd exposed herself and the uncomfortable feeling of pain was beginning to ebb at her stomach again causing her restless need to wander once more. Sadness and want kept her from running though, as though she needed to stay needed something from this nice woman, but what, what could this woman have that she possibly needed.

Medias

With a final ruffle, Lunar finally managed to dry his brown hair on the ragged piece of cloth he was carrying, a afterthought he had ripped from the clothes of his last meal when the rain had subsided. He tossed the rag of clothing to one side, gazing intently down at the Cafe with his bright blue eyes, from the rooftop across the street. He had been staking the building out for the best part of ten minutes, and had not been disappointed in terms of sightseeing, having witnessed a heated argument, a small discussion by what seemed to be a pair of local clan members and the discovery of what seemed to be an omega...

While not the information he had been seeking, the presence of the one remaining clan member was worth noting, as it could either be a massive help or a humongous hindrance...He folded his arms tightly, his hands balling into fists tightly as he scowled down at her...

You better not cause me any trouble...this contract isn't worth failing. He thought to himself, before finally deciding to approach her. It wasn't worth hiding from the locals and being ejected for it...He gently leaned forward, allowing himself to fall forward from the building's edge, rolling casually in midair so he landed feet first, dropping to one knee to cushion the impact. Now was where things could go horribly wrong.

"Blondie, if this is your clan's territory, then i might need a word with you." He hailed to Helana, walking up to her casually, making the foolish mistake of not dropping his eyes. Having spent two years in mostly human company, he sometimes managed to forget his vampire etiquette...

Snapespersephone

Barbetta slide fluidly from her seat an head for the door after assuring her brother she would not leave without telling him. As she left the safety of the door she pulled her hood up to hide the curtain of hair that she had yet again piled on top of her head with pins until it looked almost like a weird hat made of curled hair. As she was about to head to another business she heard a movement and a voice calling out to a Blondie and slipped back into the shadows hoping to remain unseen and thus unbothered by the clan that ran this territory. She knew Marrisa had been on good terms with some of them but she had never been introduced.

AutoTune

Helena had listened patiently to the omega, nodding as she listened to her story, never commenting, never opposing it as ridicule, only listening, and inching closer every few seconds, trying to make the advance unnoticeable; she was trying to burn the image of this omega into her memory, just in case she would decide to leave, it might help tracking her down, or picking out her identity with in another colony, easier. The rough asphalt road was drying rapidly, and getting warmer with every moment the sun crawled up from the edge of the city, and Helena was feeling that tug to go back to home base. "You can go if you would like," Helena murmured quietly, "We won't stop you, but we would welcome you into the clan, if you-" The sound of someone landing at the other side of the road, and beckoning her attention crumbled Helena's focus, and she had to shove aside a thrill of fear. Scrambling to her feet and whirling around, Helena stared, her hard eyes never leaving the stranger.

"A word with me?" Helena echoed, an edge of hostility in her voice. She gave a small, curt nod to his assumption, suspicion simmering up her spine, "Yes, this is my clan's territory," Helena confirmed, "Why?"
Scenting the air, she cursed herself for not detecting the intruder sooner, wishing to the stars that Oliver was here. What was the deal with all these random vampires traipsing around their home anyway? Why was this season so different from the previous ones? There was so many lately, Helena never remembered it being like this. "And I'm not a Blondie..." She muttered under her breath, half to herself. The nerve of some loners.

Oliver slid up the wall of the apartment building, quiet and agile as he made his way back home. The clans base was where all five vampires lived relatively close together, among the human companions they often conversed with. Swinging up onto the fire escape catwalk, and prying open the rusty, cold window, Oliver squirmed inside the dimly lit apartment that was his own, where he shared living quarters with this years Omega he had been training, Darla. She was with a visitor, Jennette, who so happened to be the colony's alpha. Darla was small with bright, short, spikey red hair, and silver eyes, and was wearing a black tank top and khakis, with tenni shoes. "And to conclude, that was how potatoes were first cultivated," She was babbling to Jennete, who was nodding patiently, but the blank look on the alphas face conveyed exactly how much attention she was utilizing. "Hi Olly!" Darla greeted enthusiasticly when she spotted him, waving from the sofa she shared with Jennete. Oliver chuckled, letting delight blossom with in his chest, "Hello love," He responded, catching the eye of the alpha next to his charge.

Jennete was of average height and weight, and had long, wavey, dark brunette hair, and light green eyes that intensified to pure amber when angry, in need of a meal, or using the full extent of her alpha authority. She usually dressed very simple, with cream or gray knitted sweater vests, sometimes with green plaid designs, usually with a few, faux-metal buttons that had intricate images on them, like a flower or bird; accompanying this was a purple, red or white kind of turtle neck, long sleeved v neck shirt or something like that, and faded blue jeans. She pleaded with her eyes for relief from the Omega, obviously desperate to be on her own, to go and do alpha things. "We were discussing potatoes for the last half hour." Jennete informed him pointedly, "What have you been up too?" She asked.

Medias

Lunar couldn't help grinning at her prickly attitude, admiring her for having the guts to be firm with him even though she was very alone. He stopped his walk around ten paces from her, easily within reach should he need to attack, then held up his hands at chest height as a sign that he wanted no trouble.

"No need for hostility, I think we both stand to gain if you're willing to listen to me." He said, the grin still tugging his lips up and exposing his teeth.

AutoTune

Helana eyed the stranger suspiciously, shifting her weight from foot to foot as she nodded, "Very well," Helana conceded, "I'll hear you out." Helana's gaze trailed away, scanning the area for any more signs of vampire life, and any possible routes to flee if need be to do so ever aroused. Morning bled into the clam-chowder clouds of last nights storm, running through like watery, yellow honey.

The scent of coffee, tea and instant oatmeal was thickening around the apartment buildings and cafe's, and toasted bread with either butter, jam or nutella could be detected near where humans were living with childeren. Today was Tuesday, and people would be going to work, and heading for school soon. Humans had the perfectly normal life, so simple, so routine, yet so productive.

Helana had forgotten all about these aspects of her old life. All she concentrated on now, was staying alive interrogating this stranger, protecting the territory and the colony from this stranger, and hopefully, perhaps later, adopting the nameless Omega that Helana was standing two meters (six feet) in front of, discretely standing between the stranger and the Omega.

Talli

The young omega shifted restlessly as the scents and sounds over whelmed her. The familiarity of everything awakening making her feel strangely out of place. Watching the interaction between the two strangers made her feel as though there was some un forseen danger. "Uhm maybe I uh should go now?" She asked uncertain of weather she was causing distress between the two in front of her. She stood her damp cloths clinging to her thin fragile frame, tugging at the hum of her jacket she brushed off her jeans and looked to the man that the woman, Helena, was confronting. An odd sense of knowing struck her, something reminded her of her past, a blurred vision but a small fragment of her past that she didn't understand or recognize in earnest.

Taking a few steps deeper into the alley she wearily eyed the direction of the horizon where the sun would soon be rising and cowered still fearful of everything around her.