Returning Home (KandyxDarkvamplips)

Started by Kandy, March 03, 2010, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kandy

Mitchel Jones.

Kandy

Mitch stepped off the plane and into the crowded concourse, slinging his little green duffel bag over his shoulder. Keeping his misty green eyes downcast he pushed his way through the hordes of people. Some of them were soldiers like him, returning home after 'The Great War'. Some were just everyday travelers. Mitchle's heavy brown army boots made a muffled clambering on the carpets of the International Airport in his home town as he made his way silently and with out incident for the baggage claim.

Home. Mitchel knew this was his home, but he was not happy to see it. And if he was he certainly wasn't going to admit it. He knew well enough that he should be excited to see his widowed mother and twin sister again after three long years at war. Knew he should be reminiscing to himself as he looked out the windows and saw old familiar sights. Mitch knew coming home was supposed to be a good thing. But he just couldn't bring himself to believe that.

Passing security, Mitchel finally made his way down the escalators that would lead to baggage claim. Sure enough. There were his sister and mother, waiting for him. He recognized them both immediately. He knew his mother's worn face and warm tired eyes like he knew the back of his hand. His sister however had changed quite a bit. She had grown a few inches, and matured. She looked pretty as a picture standing there in anticipation for his return.

This was his home.

darkvamplips

Rebecca had heard stories about the soldiers dieing and she always read the papers for his name to pop up. Even though she was very worried never did she see 'his' name written in the memorial page. She was so happy to see her brother again after 3 years, after not knowing she would ever see him alive again. Even dreams filled her mind at night about his ashes returning home, her best friend returning home but not alive. They were so close and neither wanted to be separated from each other until he was drafted to go to war. She could not help it but when he got out of security she ran to him then threw his arm around him.

(Could you be the mother to please)?
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29818

Kandy

OOC: yeah
BIC: "Rebecca." Mitchel said her name in a flat mono tone as she threw her arms around his neck, throwing all her weight onto him. Mitchel stood firmly on his feet with no problem. He had grown as well and the rigorous training exercises and war tacticles had toned his skinny bean pole figue into a thick hard as rock frame. His arms did not reach around to hug Rebecca back as she clug to him.

"Rebecca please..." He repeated. "Not in public." he told her. He removed her arms from around him only to have them replaced by his mother's

"Oh Mitch, my son! I'm so happy you're home!" she crooned as tears fell from her eyes and dampened his uniform.

"It's good to see you too mom." Mitchel replied and waited for his mother to step back again.

darkvamplips

When he did not hug her back she pulled away wondering why he didn't hug her. Normally he always did but something felt different. Why would he not want to hug her after so long? This was different he did not seem like her twin brother anymore. Now she was driving and she would be the one driving home now. "Let's go get your luggage." She said grumly because he did not make his mother move away from him when she hugged him.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:

Kandy

Mitch carefully untangled his mother's arms from around his neck and took a step back. "Right." he nodded in agreement to his sister and followed her toward the baggage claim. He stared straight ahead as he walked, not looking to either of them. And he was very quiet.

When Mitchel had left for the war he had been a happy, carefree, flamboyant teenager who was always chatting up a storm, especially with Rebecca. Now he was quiet and reserved, and his once bright hazel eyes were now a cold misty green.

darkvamplips

She couldn't help but notice the new look in his eyes something that was from the war probably. Now she stood and waited for him to find his luggage, she missed the carefree brother she once knew and loved. She could not believe how much he changed from just being at war, no laughing and chatting anymore. Maybe he would warm up a bit in a few days.

My request thread:

Kandy

Mitch waited for his lugage silently only moving his eyes to watch the many different suitcases and bags ride around endlessly on the convayor belt. Until he saw his two bags. One was a large army green duffle bag. This is where he kept his uniforms and very few personal items. He took it up off the belt and slung it effortlessly over his shoulder. The second bag was long and thing and made of a hard covering. It was in the recognizable shape of his reiffle. He picked up his gun which was a lot heavier than one might assume and slung that over the same shoulder as his bag.

"Alright. That's it." he informed as he turned back to his family.

darkvamplips

When she saw the green army bag she winced, it only reminded her more and more of him at war. The chances of him coming back as ashes were high and she knew that. A tear slid down her face and she hid it well from him. "I guess we go home. Mom I'm driving again." He knew that she never drove before he went off to war. She turned around and started heading toward their car.

My request thread:

Kandy

"you're driving?" Mitch asked showing a bit of suprise as he followed her out. Mitchle had been taught to drive at the age of fifteen, when he had been drafted for the war. His first vehicle had been a cargo jeep he drove from base to base. When it was destroyed by a roadside bomb. Mitch had moved on to help operate the tanks in battle sometimes or transport soldiers and prisoners to and from enemy territory.

darkvamplips

"Yeah have been since you left." She said hoping he didn't feel or notice that she had been crying. When they were younger they could sense each others pain but hoped he didn't now. When she was near the car she opened the doors and hoped in the drivers seat.

My request thread:

Kandy

Mitch said nothing and gave no other reaction as he started to climb into the back seat.

"No no, Mitch sit up front with your sister." Their mother insisted moving to the back door. Mitch only nodded and after putting his things in the trunk he went up to sit in the passenger seat. But he did not buckle his seatbelt.

darkvamplips

It felt almost awkward to have her brother sit beside her in the front, it had been so long since they sat together. She watched him get in but did not put his seat belt on. "Mitch? Your seat belt." She reminded him politely. Little did she know it was going to start a fight.

(Could the seat belt thing she said to him start a fight)?

My request thread:

Kandy

Mitch looked at the strap of the seat belt and shook his head. "No thanks." he replied coldly. In the military, you never wore seat belts. If you needed to get out of the vehicle in a flash, a seatbelt would slow you down and those couple seconds it would take to unfascin it could cost you your life. Now wearing a seatbelt made Mitch feel restrained and claustrophobic.

darkvamplips

(Are you ok with that)?

"Mitch if we get pulled over you will get a ticket." She said not pulling out of the parking lot and looking back to her mother hoping she would say something. Something was different he always used to put his seat belt on and bugged her to put it on every time they got in the car.

My request thread:

Kandy

Their mother leaned forward a bit pulling her own seatbelt with her. "Come now dear, we're only looking out for your safety."

"I'm not wearing the d*** seatbelt." Mitchel spat without thinking.

OOC: That's fine :)

darkvamplips

She winced when he yelled at her, he never yelled at her before. Not saying another word she pulled slowly out of the parking lot and started heading home.

My request thread:

Kandy

Mitchel kept his eyes on the road. His gaze darting nervously at the passing cars. Not more than five minutes out of the parkinglot and Mitchel was clenching at the door handle and arm rest, his knuckles turning white under the pressure and his muscles stiffening. It wasn't that he was scared of Rebecca's driving. She was actually a ver good driver. It had just become a habit of his. During war time, you never knew if the next jeep you passed a couple hundred miles down the road was a friend of foe. Many times Mitch had been caught in a rain of bullets off the roadside when he crossed paths with the enemy.

darkvamplips

She almost felt the tension in the car and looked over to her brother seeing his knuckles white. "Hey you ok?" Hesitantly she asked hoping to get some kind of response out of him hoping to break the ice. She drove quite slowly meaning she was keeping within the speed limit of the road. After she turned back toward looking out the window and keeping her hands on the steering wheel.

My request thread:

Kandy

OOC: This is actually cool. My dad is active military and my mom is a veteran. My dad is currently overseas. But last time he went overseas and came back with a whole bunch of stories. Most of what I'm using is stuff that he experienced.

BIC: Mitchel nearly jumped out of his skin when his sister spoke. He kept his eyes trained on the road subconsciously searching for signs of hostility from the passing drivers. "M'fine" he mumbled in response.

darkvamplips

(That's really cool I'm glad you can use that in this story. I think I am going to go soon. Will you be on Saturday night? I might be on tomorrow I don't know.)

It was a nice ride home with no problems at all. It was about 15 minutes later before they pulled into the driveway of their home.

My request thread:

Kandy

OOC: Yeah I should be on saturday night.

darkvamplips

My request thread:

Kandy

The house hadn't changed a bit. Mitchel felt himself instantly relax as they pulled into the drive way and his old familiar childhood home came into view. This was probably the one place in the world Mitch felt truely safe.

darkvamplips

The car pulled slowly and safely to a stop then she turned off the car. Next she opened the door and got out wanting to get into the house for some reason.

(ok going bye bye thanks for roleplaying with me.)

My request thread: