Interest Check: NWOD Circle of Leaders (At Capacity)

Started by Downfall347, June 29, 2012, 05:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

I think you mean as awesome as it sounds. Link? I googled it and came up with nothing.

EDIT: Okay, that sounds good for a baseline to aim for. I think I'm going to recycle the character I made for my local Geist MET venue that never got off the ground, a Forgotten Reaper from a wealthy family, targeting and killing other rich people who use their wealth/power to abuse those of lesser station.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Downfall347

Really? O_O I was worried the xp was too little

ShadowFox89

I always have a hard time figuring out what to buy with my XP. It's something I always spend a lot of time figuring out.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Downfall347 on July 02, 2012, 11:39:04 PM
Really? O_O I was worried the xp was too little

well, 250 XP is a lot of spend, but the scaling pricing means it goes away really fast when you start spending it. :D

Downfall347

I just never believed the charts they have in the book. 120xp is nowhere near a "Lord of all you survey". Especially considering the simple Swat Team member out of the back of the blue book, when broken down to his base points, is a 230xp character!

TheGlyphstone

Yeah, those sample characters can be kinda awful, though point costs can change dramatically depending on what you buy with starting dots.

Not that I'll complain if you increase the 'effective XP'... :D

BTW, since I didn't see it before, CammieMind's Eye Society member and proud. ;D

Senti

Well i have the pic and some of the background now the character sheet.

TheGlyphstone

I have the character sheet and most of the background, but probably no picture.

Name: Maxwell Stavrikos
Apparent Age: 29
Description: Short, almost barrel-shaped with a wrestler's build. Olive skin, black hair and eyes. Always dresses in tailored suits with tasteful jewelry.
General Personality: Smooth and charming in social situations, bound to a strong sense of 'noblesse oblige' with regards to those in unfortunate economic circumstances. Utterly merciless to enemies or opponents in a fight.
Notable Quirks or Features Noticed: His skin is always hot to the touch, as if he has a fever, though he displays a normal body temperature to thermometers/heat sensors.
Attitudes about the Council: The best of a bunch of bad options. The various things that go bump in the night (particularly vampires) have a nasty habit of leaving ghosts in their wake, meaning more work for the city's Sin-Eaters. At least this is a way to minimize the damage and keep a tab on the 'others'.
If you are a leader or an elected official: Elected official

ShadowFox89

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on July 03, 2012, 08:21:57 AM
well, 250 XP is a lot of spend, but the scaling pricing means it goes away really fast when you start spending it. :D

True, I could probably put 2 dots in all Axioms and use most of my XP that way.

In case anyone is familiar with Genius, Tes is an Artificer. :D
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Senti

here is the pic

not a redhead but can change that as in written discription

Does this work as an image?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

ShadowFox89

Well, Tes will have a fair bit of Inspiration. But most of her Mania will be going into Wonders, yes.

I mean.. there's two wonders she's gotta have active almost all the time...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Downfall347

Your still going to have to explain a good chunk of how Mania and Wonders work O_O Why have I never heard of this game before, I am typically more obsessive than that :P

BruceTheCat

I'll try to have my character sheet up by the end of the day.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Downfall347 on July 04, 2012, 10:57:08 AM
Your still going to have to explain a good chunk of how Mania and Wonders work O_O Why have I never heard of this game before, I am typically more obsessive than that :P

Mania is the Genius's energy, the equivalent to Vitae/Mana/Plasm/Werewolf Energy. They can use it to heal and a few other things, but its primary use is fueling Wonders.

Wonders are Mad SCIENCE! inventions. Geniuses don't spend their Mania on-the-spot like a Vampire would spend blood to power their disciplines, they build inventions (determined by their Axioms (Disciplines equvialents)) then invest their Mania to power said devices. As long as Mania is invested in a Wonder, the Wonder operates, but the Genius's maximum Mania pool is reduced by the amount said Wonder needs for fuel.

ShadowFox89

Glyph said it better than I could. A Genius can use Mania to pwer mundane tech or power their machines. Either way, they regain mania very slowly as far as I understand. One point a day, plus a point under specific conditions.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on July 04, 2012, 02:22:28 PM
Glyph said it better than I could. A Genius can use Mania to pwer mundane tech or power their machines. Either way, they regain mania very slowly as far as I understand. One point a day, plus a point under specific conditions.

Of course, those 'specific conditions' can include having someone unwillingly restrained while you rant at them... ;D

Senti

ok i am rubbish can someone send me the link for a site fer a werewolf sheet online?

AndyZ

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/wtf.html

You'll probably want one of the Interactive ones.

Make sure you save it on your computer first, or print it out, since it doesn't usually save right if you edit it straight from the site and try to save it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Senti on July 04, 2012, 03:02:05 PM
ok i am rubbish can someone send me the link for a site fer a werewolf sheet online?

here's a downloadable, interactive PDF sheet.
http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/WtF/Forsaken2-Page_Editable.pdf

You can re-upload it to the E-Wiki for storage, and edit it from there.

Ninja'd by Andy.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on July 04, 2012, 02:52:00 PM
Of course, those 'specific conditions' can include having someone unwillingly restrained while you rant at them... ;D

I could also grab the merit that let's me drain someone's energy and transfer it to mania :P

Besides, Tes enjoys being the restrained much more....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Downfall347

Alright, a quick note regarding the integration of the Genius template. I downloaded the book and have been reading all morning. Now this game takes place in the Greater Chicago area, which comprises about 9.5 million people. A genius happens every 1/5,000 people. With 60% never becoming aware of what they are, and only 35% of that remaining number belonging to the PC Peerage. This still results in a total number of 266 Geniuses in the Chicago area, which when compared to the other venues is INSANE. But, I don't want to push it down to one Genius and make it so far from cannon that its nonsensical. So would you be willing to work with the idea of having Tes represent a Collaboration of Genius's that are about 9 strong (her making member 10) who have claimed Chicago as their testing ground and hence have managed to push out other Geniuses? That way we can appropriately represent the character type without overloading the game with mad scientists.

ShadowFox89

That's fine with me. I actually think Tes's 'dark secret' would be rather well known, it isn't that big a thing.
Call me Shadow
My A/A