For The Crown (A Game of Conquest)[Prince, Nobles and Warriors needed]

Started by LimitlessNikkie, August 01, 2012, 06:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LimitlessNikkie

*hugs* Hi Flower! The posting rate is going to be slow. This game is not geared to be an everyday post. I'm looking at something more like ever week or so.

Hi Lumasan! That's great I'm so excited to see what you come up with!

bubby

THANK you! It seriously took me like a week to find the pic that sang to me, 30 minutes to fill out the info..lol!

Flower

-huggless Nikkie!-

Oh yea! I've been on the fence for fear of a quick quick game. Hehehhe, now with that out the way, I plan to make a character. I was looking at the princess position, but I have a question or two. Does age matter? I see that the queen is thirty while the heir is twenty-three so she would have had him at age seven.

bubby

..shit....

*facepalm* someone needs to change age.. I can change mine... but the King will then be VERY much younger

Flower

It was not my intent to have anyone change their ages. I was just wondering. :-(

bubby

kckolbe

Bubby, your Queen is amazing.  I want to join just because of her even though I have no idea what to play.  Just...wow.  ~hugs the shit outta Bubby~

Will any type of system be in effect in case of combat?  Will there be any GM-injected plots?  Lastly, I saw the link of characters from what I guessed was the last attempt at the game.  Are all of those characters in this version as well?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

bubby

*Blushes profusely and hugs Kc*

Wow, thank you! I'm flattered!

LimitlessNikkie

Age is a bit of an issue I've noticed but honestly I planned to address that once all the bios were in to get it all addressed in one shot. The princesses and Princes should range from 16 to 25 making the kings and queens ages 34-40 or greater to give enough age that they weren't child monarchs.

The honor system is in effect for battle. If there is to be in IC battle you need to declare who will win before hand in the OOC and the two players are expect to work together to make the fight realistic and cohesive.

I'll be playing a role that will be in a position to influence the other characters as well as a host of NPC that will be able to effect story but this will mostly be character driven.

The link to character in this thread is current. It's the list of accepted characters and the NPC's I'll be using as the game progresses.

bubby

I have changed my Queens age to 39. That should jive much better! Sess can leave his King's age the same I figure.

Flower

Thank you, Nikkie. Attempting a character sheet now. <3

kckolbe

Hm.  I might be able to do up a guard type for Aserit.  I'm thinking the offspring of a lesser noble family, doing his time for the sake of upholding the family image and warrior tradition of his family.  He, personally, would not be a particularly solid warrior, perhaps a decent archer.  I'm more than a touch curious as to how monogamous Bubby's char would be, and how she treats those beneath her...
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

bubby

*Cocks a grin*

Well it seems that the dear husband occasionally strays...  >:)

kckolbe

Hmm, does he now?  Perhaps I could instead play the smith whose arms are forged for the royal family.  I would love to measure the queen for a new set of armor, and I imagine that a skilled smith would hold some sway in Aserit.

Intro Thread

Flower

Let me know if anything needs to be edited or added. :)

The Basics
Name: Kaniene Loracaryn Maxisus
Sex: Female
Orientation: Heterosexual
Role: Princess of Aserit
Player: Dancing Flower

The Look
Height: 5'7
Weight: 130
Hair: Dark brown with lighter tips
Eyes: Light Brown
Skin: Caramel complexion
Anything else: Has a few scars over her body from years of training and battle

The story
Likes: weapons, training, horseback riding, obedience, control, power, leadership roles
Dislikes: uselessness, laziness, inactivity, lectures, simpletons, betrayal, fear, whiners, surprises
Personality: Kaniene is an early riser due to not wishing to waste time with something as trivial but necessary like sleep.  Even though she shows promise toward being a military strategist, she prefers being at the front lines of battle with her people rather than working out plans. During times of battle, Kaniene becomes an unrelenting force with a mind that focuses on nothing other than to spray the ground with her enemy's blood. She has no remorse for women or children. Some have whispered of her being possibly insane due to some of her methods of torture to gain information for the benefit of the kingdom. Nothing annoys her more than when foreigners underestimate her skill due to her sex and small stature. When in the castle, Kainene cane be found the library reading up on different fighting techniques. Her competitive nature does not die on the battleground. She is not a sore loser but it often makes her train harder until she has mastered whatever ability was used to defeat her. Kaniene does not enjoy what she views as silly conversation. It is often said that one should tread carefully when she's smiling.
Habits: Battle cry after a good fight has ended in a kill, sleeping with a weapon
Skills: Kaniene has mastered up close combat with a variety of swords and other hand held weapons. She has come to prefer her twin blades and dagger. Due to constant education growing up, she is not merely a deadly physically but mentally as well. It is fairly easy for her to adapt or creating a plan without moments notice. She is also a skilled horse rider.
History: Kaniene was born during battle hence her love for it even as a young woman. She was never one to feel at home without some type of weapon in her hand. From an early age, she watched the soldiers train with keen interest rather than stay in her room with a tutor. Her training began with an actual sword to teach her the value of being ever careful of injury. Before she was allowed to ride out with her mother and father to actual battle, Kaniene grew restless of not being able to complete the process spoken about throughout the corridors. She was not allowed to kill those who were trying to teach her. It annoyed her more than ever to the point where she had to practice restraint not to end the lives of those who lost to her, but that did not mean she spared them the humiliation or evidence of her anger. Her first battle is a treasured memory though it ended far too quickly for her taste. The young man who christened her sword with his blood is always carried around with her since she ripped his hair from his skull as a token. Due to her mercilessness, Kaniene has been gifted the nickname of The Fury. 

kckolbe

Dancing Flower, I like the trophy, very nice touch, and another character I would love to personally fit for armor, though I suspect my character would be more cautious about enjoying it too much.  Well done.

Intro Thread

Flower

Lol, I love crazy chicks. Yea, if he values his fingers, he better not enjoy it too much.  >:)

LimitlessNikkie

Bubby thank you for the age change *hugs*

kc if your interested in playing a smith I suggest you read The Meritocracy of the Aserit That is part of the wiki. It explains some of the significance of the smiths in the Aserit culture.

Flower your bio looks amazing I can't wait to see how she interacts with everyone else. I'll add it to the character thread.

Flower

kckolbe

I read the section, and while it did not say who crafted armor specifically for the royal family, I suppose the Master Smith could do so.  Admittedly, I had not planned on being the "best," but perhaps the Master Smith's goods go to those who see battle more often (much like captains in the Navy have better lodging than Admirals), and his best apprentice has the honor of serving the royal family. 

This would allow me to play a younger, slightly more mundane character while still hopefully fitting the culture.

Intro Thread

LimitlessNikkie

If you want to play the apprentice to the Master Smith I'd say it's reasonable that you under his authority are the one to craft the armor for the royal family.

Lumasan

I want to get a go ahead with the idea of the queen I have. Considering the actual princess is 25. I was hoping to play a younger queen, not much older than the princess, who was chosen as the second wife after the original died? Is this possible? I was thinking around the age of 30-32, still relatively young to be a queen, but yeah. :/
My Ons and Offs/My Current Cravings 1x1's

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

LimitlessNikkie

If you want to play a second queen that's fine obviously then you can play a younger queen.

There are special circumstances with being a second wife. Your rank as a queen is lowered because any of your children would not be direct heirs but would have to wait behind the children from his first wife. Your rank as a second wife and queen would be about the same as one of the princess just in politic power and say so.

Alot of how that will play out in RP would depend on what kind of relationship you have with the king (does he dot on her or is it a marriage of convenience?) and if the Theirian prince and princesses like her.

kasper

Guys I would just keep in mind the ages of characters already accepted. The aserit heir is 23 so the mother and fathers age should be a reasonable age for that. Right now the queen would have been seven years old when she gave birth to Omar. Lol

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

Flower