The Next Avatar

Started by apygoos, September 22, 2014, 12:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zergmuncher

Name: Shen Tsan

Nationality: Fire Nation

Bending arts/sub bending style [if applicable]: Fire Bending, Lightning Bending

Personality traits: Shen is a real ladies man and knows exactly what to say and do to win their hearts. He's also quite the risk taker and most of his decisions have stacked odds against him. His greatest plus is also his greatest negative as his risk taking sometimes leads him into extremely difficult situations. Shen is what most call an adrenaline junkie and he accepts it. As a talented fire and lightning bender Shen used it almost as much as people eat and drink. This makes Shen extremely dependent on his bending.

History: Shen never really knew his parents, nor did he know if he had any siblings. Shen grew up on the streets stealing the food he needed to stay alive as well as food for others in his same unfortunate circumstance. Even at the young age of 10 Shen knew that he was meant for something greater. He would take risky shortcuts and it would more than often aid his escape. Capital City was his playground, and he wasn't about to stop. Later on when he grew to the age of 18 he started working as a performer that end up making him quite famous. He was stunt devil and loved living on the edge. Kept him feeling alive is what he would tell reporters that asked him why he did what he did. Shen is a fire bender and uses it in all of his stunts.

Connections: Met the Avatar at a play on Ember Island. Afterwards joined the avatar's company and has been traveling with him since.

Character Images:

catherinehellfire

Aw dang it, I knew I should've tried harder to check in yesterday.  Oh well, hope you guys have fun.
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

Saiyuri

Quote from: catherinehellfire on September 30, 2014, 04:20:42 PM
Aw dang it, I knew I should've tried harder to check in yesterday.  Oh well, hope you guys have fun.

We haven't started anything/ been approved yet so I'm sure you can still post something! :)

catherinehellfire

well yeah, but I don't really know what I could add to the party besides possibly a chi-blocker or a swordsman/woman.  Though I guess if you guys are open to either I could possibly think of something.

Juggtacular

Both Team Avatar's have had the non-bender in the group. No reason why ours shouldn't.

MaiMizzu

Originally my character was gonna be a chi blocker. If you wanna RP with us, we want you to rp what you want! Make a bender if you want, it doesn't matter that there are some on it now. There's no status quo for us to follow, we're writing our own story!! I mean don't make another Avatar or anything heh but do what you want!!
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

catherinehellfire

Hmm... I think I'll make a swordsmen, but don't be expecting a boomerang from me.  I guess I more of assumed you'd be full about now.

catherinehellfire

Name: Selsi Yulang

Nationality: Water Tribe

Bending arts/sub bending style [if applicable]: non

Personality traits: Selsi is fun loving and loyal, but also a bit rebellious against authority.  She loves to fight and roughhouse, which consequently doesn't make her too many friends among the other girls.  She has trouble showing her feelings sometimes.  She can act very calm and collected, but her cool breaks a bit around guys she likes, unsure of how to react to the feeling she can get shy and sometimes act like an idiot.  In a battle she stays focused on her enemies and is pretty good at thinking up plans.

History: Selsi is a member of the Southern water tribe, which is somethings she could not be more thankful for.  She was born to Kanna(mother) and Seksu.  As she grew up she developed a tomboyish attitude, wanting more to fight and run around.  She watched the warriors of the tribe train every chance she got as she grew up.  Her father supported her want to be a warrior, though the women of the tribe usually aren't, and even taught her some minor things.  When she was 12, her father went out on a scouting mission and never returned.  The search parties only managed to find his armor and weapons and returned them to the household.  After that day she began to go out to practice with her father's weapons, even skipping school at times.  She soon became quite the expert at the water tribe arsenal of weapons and by 18 was a prominent warrior, though she doesn't usually go out on scouting or do guard duty, she does go hunting from time to time, usually wearing her father's armor.

Connections: Unknown for now

Arsonel: Whale tooth scimitar, jawblade (what Sokka used to tell where enemies are), machete.

Character Images:

catherinehellfire

zergmuncher

She looks pretty good. She'll get along well hopefully with Shen since he's the action loving dare devil type.

apygoos

these all look pretty great, just some smaller concerns i want to address
Jugg: All three subsets of earthbending seem's a little..much. While the Avatar can do all subsets, it's [i think] only in the avatar state beyond subsets known by the current body. As a Beifong, metalbending is your legacy so thats an obvious choice. From there I may say pick one other that can perhaps be discovered at a later time down the road.

Sai: What was exactly stopping Mei from going and joining the airbending culture if she was so into it? this isnt a problem, just curious, as it could be part of backstory. It may be easier to say That the Earthkingdom based people in generalal started traveling together at the same time. Perhaps they were born and raised in Zaofu. This way Mei, Lu Ten and <currently unnamed avatar> couldve started traveling together when he found out that he was the Avatar to begin with. where Mei is concerned, if he knew her, he might have told her "why not come with? I'm going to the air temples eventually" so the these three at base would've been on the full seven year journey thus far.

From there we get to the Fire nation, where it took only the first year of seven for him to completely master firebending and linger around the fire nation a bit. At some point They went to Ember island and met Shen. It was after this that six years go by as Team Avatar travels with him to the air temples and around the world with the jedi-like air nomads, so they're actually going and doing stuff, not just sitting in temples for six years. i chose six years because Some avatars take a long time to master their opposite element. It also has to do with me wanting to have an incident during his airbending instruction. Some serious incident happened that may have endangered himself or the others, forcing the avatar state onto him. This large confrontation ended up with a mountainside in rubble after he was done among other things >.> so staying that long in air training also involved some spiritual aspects. Despite training he can not go in and out of the avatar state at will yet, though thankfully there have been no auto triggered incidents since that first time...yet.

Perhaps the air nomads they were with at the "conclusion" of his instruction were already in the southern water tribe, or around that area, so Team Avatar opted to stay as he had to learn water bending anyway. This way everyone present can be around at the start of the story.

Saiyuri

Mei never ended up leaving the orphanage and stayed there to teach instead of going to the temple. The whole selfless thing of staying where she's needed instead of pursuing her dreams.

But I'm fine with joining up with you guys and leaving on an adventure. She could have had a vision of something similar happening while meditating or something? That could have pushed her to go and thinking its fate leading her with them? :3

Thoughts?

I like the idea of where you're going with the story. So just to clarify, we would have been with you those 6 years or am I reading that wrong?

apygoos

His avatar journey would've been seven years so far in total
so she would've been actually been eleven when they left together if that's the route we were going to go. I also though want you to be able to play what you ultimately wanted/as close to it as possible. This is where a lot of back story and setting take place, as i said in previous post, its a collaborative writing project so we're constructing this together, and it's our story.

Juggtacular

I figured if anyone could learn all the Earthbending disciplines, it'd be a Beifong prodigy who has literally trained his entire life under Toph, Suyin, and Lin. Toph invented Metalbending and learned sandbending not long after their visit to Wan Shi Tong's library.

And if Lavabending was actually a thing in the show back when she was active, she'd have probably learned that too. Because as far as I know there's nothing in canon that says a person can't learn all the bending sub-sets for one Element. Like Katara for instance could heal, Plantbend and Bloodbend, which are all sub-sets of Waterbending, and that was when she was only 15 I believe.

But if he can only have one sub-set aside from Metalbending I'll use Lava.

apygoos

Quote from: Juggtacular on October 01, 2014, 01:11:28 PM
I figured if anyone could learn all the Earthbending disciplines, it'd be a Beifong prodigy who has literally trained his entire life under Toph, Suyin, and Lin. Toph invented Metalbending and learned sandbending not long after their visit to Wan Shi Tong's library.

And if Lavabending was actually a thing in the show back when she was active, she'd have probably learned that too. Because as far as I know there's nothing in canon that says a person can't learn all the bending sub-sets for one Element. Like Katara for instance could heal, Plantbend and Bloodbend, which are all sub-sets of Waterbending, and that was when she was only 15 I believe.

But if he can only have one sub-set aside from Metalbending I'll use Lava.
fair and valid point, you can have them, but perhaps entertain the thought of leaving at least one of them undiscovered? I don't quite mind either way. it was just thought/mild concern, i myself had never looked at healing as a subset, and some subsets as i understand it, you need to be born into, and cant just be learned. i.e. Bolin couldnt metalbend, but discovered he was a  magmabender [though i wonder if that's to change because we see Bolin in the same uniform as the metal clan apparent soldiers were in, in the trailer]

Now when it comes to Lu Ten like I said, it's plausible that Zaofu is where these earth nation kids are from.  The Avatar and Lu Ten could have a friendly rivalry when it comes to their earth bending

Juggtacular

That works for me. All the Beifong's being in Zaofu would make sense since it is their city. And it's pretty fun to be able to manipulate pretty much the entire super structure of a city for training, lol.

Saiyuri

Quote from: apygoos on October 01, 2014, 11:12:26 AM
His avatar journey would've been seven years so far in total
so she would've been actually been eleven when they left together if that's the route we were going to go. I also though want you to be able to play what you ultimately wanted/as close to it as possible. This is where a lot of back story and setting take place, as i said in previous post, its a collaborative writing project so we're constructing this together, and it's our story.

I'm fine with that storyline  :-)

ZephySempai

*Poking around*

So many familiar faces. I think I know pretty much everyone here :D

Totally interested in an Avatar game ^_^ Gonna port my guy from a previous game and make some small adjustments to fit this one. Hope thats fine.

apygoos

you may be the last addition Zephy, so make it good~

Saiyuri

ZephySempai

Quote from: apygoos on October 01, 2014, 08:13:12 PM
you may be the last addition Zephy, so make it good~

But totally no pressure, right?

lol

Saiyuri

ZephySempai

Booyah!

Name: Krad Zephyros

Nationality: Earth Kingdom (Currently Traveling)

Bending arts/sub bending style [if applicable]: Air Bending

Personality traits: Though he may be a grown man, Krad can sometimes act like he’s still a young teenager. He attempts to maintain his cool all the time and be as calm as can be, but he still has feelings and emotions that like to rear up every now and then. On a normal day, he’s pretty cocky. Nothing ever scares or challenges him. Its not much a bravery as much as it’s just sheer arrogance and overwhelming self-confidence. He’s not the type to shy away from a challenge and believes strongly that he is the best and the baddest at everything, but because of this, he rarely gloats or flaunts his skills.

Krad isn’t an idiot, despite how he may act at certain times. He knows that the more he shows off the more people will want to challenge him. Even though he has an overwhelming confidence in himself and rarely turns down a challenge, it gets tiresome having to deal with people every single day telling him he can’t do something he know he can. Eventually, he just got bored with such things and stopped showing off as much as he used too. Instead, he maintains his cool and is very relaxed for the majority of the time. Going with the flow, as most affiliated with the air do.

History: Born to a family of bandit raiders in the harsh deserts within the Earth Nation, the life of Krad Zephyros has always been far from the norm. His mother was a whore, but respectfully so. She hadn't much to offer the world in terms of skill, so she made a living off her body. Eventually she settled in with a group of bandits who treated her quite well and offered her shelter and protection for her services. The leader of these bandits was the one who claimed the woman for his own after several passionate nights in her embrace. She became a permanent part of the gang, and had a son by the leader.

From a young age, Krad had always been taught that things would never be given to him without a catch. If you wanted something, you had to take it. Otherwise others would take things from you. Though his life being raised by bandits would be questionable in the eyes of others, he had everything a child really needed: Two loving parents who cared about him, and an extensive family that protected and provided for him. They taught him many things from living off the land, to living off the pennies pinched from wealthy pockets. What Krad longed for, however, was going on his first raid.

The young Krad saw nothing wrong with this. His parents had taught him all life eventually dies and gives back to the earth. Krad took part in many raids; growing stronger and more ruthless as the years went by. Eventually, he began to develop his own ideas. His own tactics that differed from his father. As proud as the bandit leader was, this ideal lifestyle soon changed with soldiers from the Earth Kingdom raided their camp. Being benders, they easily overpowered most of the bandits, but they had an impossible time containing the ferocious young Krad, who killed a Dai Li Agent accompanying the raid squad. Eventually, Krad and the others were captured.

They were all sentenced to execution, but Krad fought back tooth-and-nail, eventually breaking from his bonds and fighting back. Eventually, he was brought to his knees by the Dai Li, but instead of executing him, they decided to make him one of them. He showed limitless potential, but his spirit proved to be unbreakable no matter what type of torture he underwent. Eventually, both parties came to an agreement. Krad was trained in the ways of silent assassinations and would be allowed to fight to his heart's content so long as he only killed who the Earth Kingdom ordered. He joined a squad of Elite Earth Kingdom assassins and earned the nickname "Azure".

He'd served the kingdom for nearly five years when suddenly, it seemed his latent Air Bending awakened. Without a moment's hesitation, Krad realized he now had the upper-hand over his companions of 5 years and initiated a surprise attack. He was able to wipe out the 4 other members of his squad in the blink of an eye, and disappeared without a trace. Krad now spends his days avoiding Dai Li agents and supporting himself by participating in mercenary work.

Connections: Knows of Lu Ten Beifong (Since he's kinda famous in the Earth Nation) as well as the Avatar.

Character Images:

Some questions about the world:

1) Are there still spirits running around?

2) [for plot purposes] Could the ancient Lion Turtles (who originally gave the elements to the first Avatar) still exist?

Juggtacular

I'm not sure what Apy plans to do with the spirits, but the Lion Turtles were hunted to extinction basically over the course of a few thousand years. The one that gave Aang Spiritbending was the last one left.

ZephySempai

Poor Lion Turtles... :( (Must have been some epic turtle soup...)