Marvel Avengers: A New Generation (Marvel OC's|Year 2037)

Started by Black Howling, August 14, 2023, 10:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Howling

Marvel Avengers [A New Generation]

It's been twenty two years since the Kree Invasion of New York, 2015. Twenty two years since Steve Rogers, then Captain America, gave an impassioned speech uniting all heroes to fight against the threat, a threat they defeated. In honor of that accomplishment, he made them all honorary Avengers, connected by the same resources. With this, we entered a golden era of cooperation. It was not without it's troubles and growing pains, but the heroes worked together to overcome them. Eventually this saw its final conclusion, after many trials and errors, with Galactus visiting earth. By joining forces once again, Earth's mightiest heroes were able to fend off even the world eater, ushering in a long era of relative peace. There were still villains and Crime, but world ending threats backed away for the most part.

Many advancements were made over the years, with Earth's most intelligent doctors forming together at one point to create a vaccine that nearly ended all earthly diseases and illnesses. But the close bonds that were formed after The Kree Invasion drifted, people took varying stances as peace allowed them to focus on their own goals while still keeping skills sharp. Eventually, in the year 2030, one side made a move. The Superhuman Registration Act was passed. With it, the codifying of Superhero and Mutant rights, but also their responsibilities if they were to use their powers for good. Not everyone has registered, of course, and distrustful vigilantes operate to this day, but the majority of heroes consented to this soft approach at accountability.

Incorporating heroes into the official channels allowed for a soft disarmament of the police force, now only equipped with nonlethal weapons, along with a UN sanctioned agreement to not utilize super gifted individuals in military conflicts. For the past seven years this has played out without much issue, but now in the year 2037 the world is seeing a major increase in what can only be called super villain activity. Superscience leading to evil ends has been on the rise, Altered Humans and Fed up mutants coming to force their changes on the world, the remnants of old evils now reignited by their own youths beginning to burn anew.

Heroes will be needed, for the first time in a long time, Heroes will be tested. Standing ready to face this new wave of crime and threats are The Young Avengers and Secret Defenders, two new generations of Earth's Mightiest Heroes!

This game is a fan inspired take on the marvel world, borrowing history and inspiration from a long time big group. While inspired, this game is entirely separate from that one.

A few notes regarding this setting:

1. The year is 2037. The Superhuman Registration act happened seven years ago, and because of it's soft implementation and slow progression, did not start a Civil War.

2. There was never a 'House of M' or 'X-Men vs Avengers' storyline in this setting. We are working off an entirely fan created timeline when it comes to things post 2,000's in the comic world.

3. This game will focus on young heroes, aged 16-21 and their start in the shadow of the heroes that came before them.

4. Many setting breaking characters from the comics did not appear this way in our setting for long. Scarlet witch, for example, was not an all powerful reality warper, and Jean Grey did not possess the phoenix during the fan history of our setting.

5. This game is focused more toward OC children of Canon heroes than canons. The year is 2037, most characters we know are no longer applicable to a young heroes theme. Completely Original Mutant or superhuman concepts are also welcome, but without parentage to base off of, please keep their powerset limited to a general theme.

6. All PCs will possess Avengers/Secret Defender/Xmen Credentials that will allow them access and support from their specific bases and related facilities.

7. Many Canon relations did not go the way they did in the comics. Please see our list below to ensure your concept is compatible with the setting.

8. This is not a sex focused game but we will not discourage such as long as it is being done at the appropriate times and places.

9.  We will have GM ran plots and allow for character/player developed plots as well.

10. While the game is primarily sandbox with portions of GM plots, we want it to be understood that things will not be spoon fed. It will require some initiative and effort on some players parts to keep things moving at an even pace. There is only so much we, as GMs, can do to keep you moving forward. We are always willing to accommodate and assist in player driven plots but we do require players to present any plots of their own to the GMs beforehand for approval.

11. Our posting rate -- we're looking for a post every 7-10 days minimum. If you are involved in a full on plot  (which we run as an option for players, they are not mandatory to attend) that rate will change to 5 - 7 days. If for some reason you can't post on your turn in a plot combat scene , we can always work it out and skip that turn and you could get back in on your next turn. This is purely situational  (as in needing to be away from E during that time because of RL issues) and won't affect how your character is viewed. We always make accommodations and try to make sure everyone  gets some time in the spotlight.

12. If you are going to be gone for a long period of time (2+ months) your character will be closed and tucked away. Please keep in contact with us. We understand life happens but you need to cooperate and show your interest is still there. If the 2+ months stretches to be longer than 4-6 months your character can no longer be held and their parentage will fall back into the available pool.

Game Info
This is a freeform game, but not all characters are created equally.  While there are no stats to speak of and certainly no system or dice, there are three 'tiers' of power that a given character may fall into.

Tier One are the characters closest to what could be called "Street Level".  While they are powerful compared to normal people, they are at the lower end of the superhero spectrum.

Tier Two are the characters that are more powerful than Tier One, but not as powerful as Tier Three.  Most Marvel heroes tend to fall into Tier Two.

Tier Three are the mightiest of the Heroes Earth has to offer.  Note that the list of Tier 3 characters is fairly short. 

For simplicity's sake, every character is considered equal in power to others within his or her tiers.  You can guess, but with almost all characters being OC's, the GMs make the final decision on what a tier a character falls into.

Individual powers and skills may still factor into any RP'd battles.  Common sense should apply.  For example, using classic comic characters, if Spider-Man (a Tier Two hero) is fighting Juggernaut (a Tier Three villain), it would likely end up being a stalemate.  Spider-Man isn't powerful enough to defeat the Juggernaut (very few heroes are), but the Juggernaut likewise probably can't actually hit the amazingly agile Spider-Man.  Spider-Man is smart, so he knows that his best bet would be to try and hold Juggernaut's attention with taunts and stay out of harms way until help can arrive.

Also note that though power levels may factor into superhero fights, the game is not about who's the biggest badass.  You can have as much fun role-playing a Black Widow level hero as you would playing the Hulk level hero.  We can promise you one thing... we will never purposely make your character look weak, foolish or otherwise "bad" unless asked to by the player.  Everyone will have the opportunity to do some badass things.

As well, that players will not be permitted to play a Tier Three characters at this time. These characters are hard to work into plots and often feel limited in playability.

If you see a pairing you want to play a child from on the following lists, please pm the GMs and we will mark it as taken for you. Please note, you DO NOT have to choose from the following list. All Marvel Characters are available as possible parents, even those not listed on this page. And as mentioned before, you can create an entirely OC character, within guidelines.

ALSO... if you do not see a pairing on this list (as in neither character of your desired pairing is listed), reach out to the GMs and we'll likely be ok with creating the pairing in our setting.  You're not limited to heroes for parents, either.  Villianous parents are valid, so long as their offspring is heroic.

Your GMs  for this game will be Lunarsage and Black Howling
Game Rules for play and characters
Game Rules

1: Be Courteous to your fellow writer: People are behind the screens. Be kind, be patient and be respectful.

2: Nothing exceeding Class 50 Strength: Not at the beginning, anyhow. We want characters with room to grow.

2: Nothing exceeding low level Hypersonic Flight: No exceeding Mach 5 in lower atmosphere to start. Same reason as above. Further limitations may be placed on characters with multiple modes of transport or extremely powerful supporting capabilities.

3: Keep age and Experience in mind: Our ages range 16-21 for the most part, and in a time of relative peace. Outside of having advanced learning capabilities, your character should not be expert trained in more than one or two things at most. Keep it reasonable.

4: Groundspeed should not be in the range of High Hypersonic: Below Mach 10 to ensure proper growth potential.

5: It's a game, have fun: This shouldn't be something to stress over. Let's work together to make it that way.

6: All E rules Apply: Obviously.

7: Respect the Setting: Remember that the setting is created with built in responses to disruptions. Heroes, whether Public or secret, have to worry about accountability. Flaunting this too much will see your character turning villainous. Things like flippant use of Lethal force, collateral damage and wide infrastructure destruction will be responded to accordingly.

8: Respect the calendar and Header: We require a header in each post. Please keep to it, and the calendar and dates. We do not want people in two places at once or scenes taking place past the cut off dates. Important for wounds for non healing factor characters as well, dates will help you keep track of how long your character is injured.
Established Family/Parents
Avengers Couples
Thor Odinson
Carol Danvers
2 Slots, 1 Claimed
Tony Stark
Janet Van Dyne-Stark
2 Slots, 2 Claimed
Simon Williams
Barbara "Bobbi" Morse-Williams
2 slots, 2 claimed
Hercules
She-Hulk
1 Slot, 0 Claimed
Adam Brashear
Monica Rambeau
2 Slots, 1 Claimed
Hank Pym
Mary Macpherren
1 Slot, 0 Claimed
Elijah Bradley
Kate Bishop
1 Slot, 1 Claimed
---
---
---
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
X-Men Couples
Morph
Cipher
2 slots, 1 claimed
Logan Howlett
Jubilation Leee-Howlett
3 slots, 3 claimed
Bobby Drake
Kitty Pryde-Drake
3 slots, 1 Claimed
Shiro Yoshida
Angelica Jones-Yoshida
3 slots, 0 Claimed
Scott Summers
Jean Grey-Summers
2 slots, 0 claimed
Kurt Wagner
Cecilia Reyes-Wagner
2 Slots, 1 Claimed
Angel
Husk[/i]
Up to 2 slots, 1 Claimed
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Other Couples
Ben Grimm
Alicia Masters-Grimm
5 Slots, 0 Claimed
Dr. Reed Richards
Dr. Samantha Hurtz-Richards
2 Slots, 1 Claimed
Peter Parker
Mary-Jane Watson-Parker
2 Slots, 1 Claimed
Johnny Storm
Greer Nelson-Storm
2 Slots, 1 Claimed
Ares
Aphrodite
3 kids, 1 Claimed
Madison Jefferies
Heather McNiel
2 Slots, 1 Claimed
Miles Morales
America Chavez
2 Slots, 1 Claimed
Hank McCoy
Susan Storm
1 Slot, 0 Claimed
Peter Quill
Gamora
1 Slot, 0 Claimed
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
2 Slots, 1 Claimed
Tyrone Johnson
Tandy Bowen-Johnson
1 Slots, 1 Claimed

Approved Characters, Face Claims & Players

Active Heroes

Non Player Characters

Retired Characters

Updated On

Pending Sheet Submission
And Approval

Updated On

Character Sheet

[b]Hero Name: [/b](Your Superheroic Identity)

[b]Identity:[/b] (Your Real Name)

[b]Age:[/b] (Your characters age, should range between 16-21)

[b]Secret or Public Identity:[/b] (Is your real identity public knowledge or is it a secret?)

[b]Parentage:[/b] (Your Character's canon parents, if applicable)

[b]Team Affiliations:[/b] (The Super Team affiliations your character has, if any.)

[b]Power Tier:[/b] (One, Two or Three)

[b]Origin of Powers:[/b] (Mutant, Alien, Mystical, Altered Human, Physical Training, High Tech)

[b]Description (Appearance):[/b] (What does your character look like? Face Claim and picture put here if applicable. Please describe the suit if you don't have a picture.)

[center][img height=200]Image 1 here[/img][img height=200]Image 2 here[/img]Img height=200]Image 3 here[/img][/center]

[b]Powers:[/b] (What are your superhuman powers, if any?  The net can help you with this part if you're unfamiliar with the comics, or you can ask Black Howling and LunarSage)

[b]Special Skills and Background Perks:[/b] (Beyond mundane skills like "driving" or cooking", can your character speak multiple languages, invent high tech devices, fight exceptionally well or otherwise?  Is your character wealthy?)

[b]Special Equipment:[/b] (Any equipment beyond mundane things like a car or whatnot goes here.  Black Widow's wrist blaster "Widow's Sting" and Iron Man's various suits of armor would go here.)

[b]Brief History: [/b](No more than a few paragraphs please, but include how your character has viewed the SRA over the last 7 years.)

[b]Played by:[/b] Your Username Goes Here
[b]Faceclaim:[/b] Faceclaim Goes Here

Please PM your character sheet to LunarSage & Black Howling for approval.

List of Important Threads:
Setting Info and Timeline
OOC Chatter
Approved Character Sheets
Game Rules, Dates, Codes

List of Open Threads for Game Play:
Avenger's Mansion
Xavier's Institute
Streets of New York
Residence and Businesses
Outside New York/The Wider World
Space and Beyond
The Switchboard

**THREADS YOU SHOULD READ**

Setting Info and Timeline
Game Rules, Dates, Codes

Support our Game With a little Button for your signature:

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=353171.msg16543064#msg16543064][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/e/e6/AvengersGameButton.png[/img][/url]

[/spoiler]

Join us on Discord! Just ask for the server invite link!

Black Howling

Black Howling

LunarSage

The game has been reopened and we could use some more players.  Come on in! 

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Pumpkin Seeds

LunarSage

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 21, 2024, 10:11:43 AM:: peeks::

OMG Pumpkin Seeds!  Hey hey there!  It's been ages but you are a most welcome sight!

Pumpkin Seeds

Woot! I'll have to take a deep dive when I get a moment.

MetaAugustus

I'm so down for this, will submit a character sheet in a day or two

Black Howling

So excited to see interest! Looking forward to what thoughts or ideas people have. 

Please remember that if you have any questions or need clarifications, Lunar and I are here to assist.

Pumpkin Seeds

I'm over here wondering what a child of Dazzler and Longshot would be like in action.

ticl

Black Howling

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 24, 2024, 01:57:09 AMI'm over here wondering what a child of Dazzler and Longshot would be like in action.
Wild. They would look pretty damn wild in my head,  but not in a bad way. Lunar would prolly be able to spit more ideas than that, I'm sure he's more familiar with longshot than me. 
Quote from: ticl on February 24, 2024, 06:22:41 AMokie dokie

Oh?

ticl

I would totally love to make Jean and Scott's kid. this is too fun

Black Howling

Quote from: ticl on February 24, 2024, 11:46:50 PMI would totally love to make Jean and Scott's kid. this is too fun
That's totally viable and I've been surprised no one has jumped at it yet, to be honest. 

ticl

Quote from: Black Howling on February 25, 2024, 12:01:31 AMThat's totally viable and I've been surprised no one has jumped at it yet, to be honest.
Ahh, coolio! I'll have something fixed up asap

LunarSage

Quote from: ticl on February 25, 2024, 01:22:20 AMAhh, coolio! I'll have something fixed up asap

Look forward to it! 

Remember to PM both Black Howling and myself your sheets or any questions you may have.

LunarSage

We also have a discord that you may join once you have a character concept where any of the group are available for chat and questions.  PM us for the link.

LunarSage

Added a media section along with the Daily Bugle for things that pertain to PCs and even NPCs.  Here's an example of some fun stuff I've done to help teach myself to use the GIMP program.  For Pumpkin Seeds' new character!

LunarSage

Come on in, folks.  The water's fine.  We won't bite unless you want us to.

If you like playing OCs alongside canon Marvel NPCs, this game may just be for you.  Not a whole lot established just yet, so get in on things while the game is still relatively fresh!

We run plots, so not really sandbox. More like semi freeform with some sandbox elements.  Plots are not mandatory either.  Partake in them or just do socializing, it's up to you.

LunarSage

We have three plots going now with more on the way and plenty of more sandbox style social RP going on.  Come on in.

Sasquatch421

*Waves*

Hello everyone long time no see! I might have an idea for a child of Jack Russell and Queen Shiklah. 

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on April 12, 2024, 04:03:20 PM*Waves*

Hello everyone long time no see! I might have an idea for a child of Jack Russell and Queen Shiklah.

Bring it!

LunarSage

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on April 12, 2024, 04:03:20 PM*Waves*

Hey hey!  Welcome!

I must admit I have no idea who Shiklah is.  I'd have to do some research.

LunarSage

Quote from: LunarSage on April 12, 2024, 09:36:57 PMHey hey!  Welcome!

I must admit I have no idea who Shiklah is.  I'd have to do some research.

Ok... so she's sort of a reimagining of Lilith?

Sasquatch421

Quote from: LunarSage on April 13, 2024, 08:10:08 PMOk... so she's sort of a reimagining of Lilith?
I never thought of her that way. I view Shiklah as one of Lilith's extended family myself, because other then a pair of her brothers and a cousin named Jenny, you never meet the rest of her family.