News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

(WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?

Started by LunarSage, July 04, 2011, 07:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anjasa

Quote from: Silverfyre on August 02, 2011, 07:46:26 PM
Wait, really? You played his blood elf lover or something in that vein? Was the name the same as your E handle, because it does look really familiar.

Yep, Anjasa Vilelight, lover of hedonism and monstrous men.

Silverfyre

Oh, that's too much!  Small virtual world, eh?  I remember roleplaying with you guys a few times back in the day.  I also played the guild leader of Dawnhaven, Almarath.  I doubt it rings a bell as we were focused more on RP out in Ratchet than anywhere else.

Fieryone

Krysia

Quote from: Aiden on August 02, 2011, 07:25:33 PM
Krysia gets it!

For the Horde!

Quote from: Saerra on August 02, 2011, 07:27:53 PM
*waves a little Horde flag* For the Horde, damn it!

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 02, 2011, 07:41:14 PM
Hey, Malfurion was my home realm back when I was playing!

You guys are all welcome to come take part in Alliance bashing in my guild "Deception" on Malfurion if you want! Just look for the most bad ass of Cows on the server, Chickfilla!

Saerrael

Quote from: Krysia on August 02, 2011, 07:58:46 PM

You guys are all welcome to come take part in Alliance bashing in my guild "Deception" on Malfurion if you want!

Ehm, yeah... I play on The Sha'tar, which would be an European realm ::)

Krysia

Quote from: Saerra on August 02, 2011, 08:00:01 PM
Ehm, yeah... I play on The Sha'tar, which would be an European realm ::)

We'll save a seat for you if you decide to come over to Malfurion!

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Krysia on August 02, 2011, 07:58:46 PM

You guys are all welcome to come take part in Alliance bashing in my guild "Deception" on Malfurion if you want! Just look for the most bad ass of Cows on the server, Chickfilla!

Even if I started playing again...I dunno. All my existing friends (and my primary ex-guild) are Alliance, I wouldn't feel right betraying them like that. :-\

EDIt: Not the playing Horde, but the bashing.

Aiden

I'm on Velen- US

No plans for a new character any time soon.

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Aiden

Krysia

Quote from: LunarSage on August 02, 2011, 08:04:29 PM
Because someone has to say it...

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!

Only thing I have to say is "Hellscream's eyes are always upon you!"

And as for the Horde being the "bad guys", one name Arthas Menethil. What was he? HUMAN! There for Alliance = Bad guys. :D

Jin

Quote from: Krysia on August 02, 2011, 08:40:15 PM

Only thing I have to say is "Hellscream's eyes are always upon you!"

And as for the Horde being the "bad guys", one name Arthas Menethil. What was he? HUMAN! There for Alliance = Bad guys. :D

Expanding on Krysia's statement, Arthas torched Stratholme BEFORE he was taken over by Frostmourne.

Illidan Stormrage was a night elf.

Seriously the Alliance has produced way more bad guys than the horde.

Krysia

Quote from: Jin on August 02, 2011, 08:49:30 PM

Expanding on Krysia's statement, Arthas torched Stratholme BEFORE he was taken over by Frostmourne.

Illidan Stormrage was a night elf.

Seriously the Alliance has produced way more bad guys than the horde.

Or we can just go really stupid Alliance NPCs....... Maximillian of Northshire <-- Bat shit insane npc quest string starter in Un'goro Crater.

Jin

Quote from: Krysia on August 02, 2011, 08:56:33 PM
Or we can just go really stupid Alliance NPCs....... Maximillian of Northshire <-- Bat shit insane npc quest string starter in Un'goro Crater.

Oh my god did I hate that guy. "I'm here to save you damsel" *Kicks said damsel off a cliff!* There you go that's the Alliance for ya!

TheGlyphstone

Well, if we're blaming the Alliance for Arthas, it's fair to point out that Ner'zul, the original Lich King, was an Orc of the Old Horde. Gul'Dan and Cho'Gall were both Horde leaders before (and for a time after) their corruption by the Legion/Old Gods. Blackhand wasn't exactly a nice dude either. Then we get into the current generation with Sylvanus (already discussed) and Mavra Grimtotem...a majority of the prominent bad guys from the lore (as opposed to the active game raids/instances) are ex-Horde.

The Alliance may have more douchebaggy evil/stupid people in its leadership (as well as a penchant for ending up as expansion end-bosses), but it seems like being a high-ranking Horde member is basically strapping a giant neon sign to your head that lights up "Corrupt Me!" I'm kinda worried for Garrosh, honestly.

Fieryone

Garrosh already looks like a Fel Orc with the Red skin and yellow eyes.

TheGlyphstone

I think that's just the lighting inside his chamber - he's got brown skin in sunlight, being a mag'har.

Aiden

Being a hardcore warsong clan supporter since day 1, I was one of the people who hated the idea of Garrosh becoming warchief but the books and the story line in Vanicall-cata zones has changed my mind.

He will never be as bad ass as Grom, but it will do.

Krysia

Aiden

I might third that, once I get through the new book. Twilight of the Aspects.

TheGlyphstone

Yeah - Garrosh is still a bit of a dumbass, but he's not evil, and probably the (second*)best leader the Horde will have with Thrall gone. On the flipside, the Alliance could do a hell of a lot better than Varian, but a lot worse as well; I don't know how his storyline has evolved in Cataclysm, but I went from "good god why is this moron the leader of my faction" to "eh, he's not all bad" after the bit with him and Deathbringer/Overlord Saurfang in Icecrown Citadel.

*Saurfang would still be the best, of course.PleasedontCleaveme.

Saerrael

Aiden

LunarSage

The Alliance also had (before he left) the purest, most badass guy to ever kick the Lich King's sorry ass.

My personal favorite... Tirion.  Humans for the freaking win.  ;D

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫