Equality Denied; seeking players both genders, gay or straight [MUL]

Started by shadowspale, September 09, 2009, 05:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NinaN

Keep this thread active.

Keep working out details in this thread (keeps it bumped). 

Perhaps use this thread for people to place their character backgrounds for the game.  You'll need to come up with a character sheet template with all the info you want to see supplied.

As the game becomes more concrete, modify your first post to include all of the details that have been decided on such as government, location, details of the different groups represented and possible interactions, etc.

shadowspale

NinaN. I think you are becoming my new best friend :P You are giving me loads of information and details I need to think about. Thank you

shadowspale

Setting: Post war earth; twenty years later. All major cities are in ruins; all usable items have been relocated to smaller towns. Game is taken place in America and is centered on two or three placed which have yet to be decided.

Females rule everything

Males have been divided into three different castes(?).
Free males who live outside the cities
Pets who live inside. Basically slaves but treated so much better.
Slave or Grunts are males that have been convicted of crimes. They are all castrated and are more or less beasts of burden

Chips are implanted in the brain stems of all but a few males. These chips are used to control the males with pain. Anywhere from a warning sting to immobilizing agony. The ones without chips number only a handful and these males will lead the resistance groups. (How many is reasonable? A bunch of small groups seems more logical to me)

In females the location of the controlling chip is known only to the individual female. It is located in an area that can be pressed and is thought focused so that it isn't accidentally triggered or targets the wrong male. It has a range of a hundred yards and she has to be able to see the target

Live in the cities hasn't changed that much; money has little value so commerce is based on trades and services. Electricity and indoor plumbing is readily available.

Outside the cities life is harsh as every thing has to be hunted, grown, or made. There is no electricity and the only type of indoor plumbing is old fashion hand pumps. This doesn't render bathtubs or toilets useless; it just means tey have to be filled by hand. I would think there are those who know how to work metal so it makes sense that the weapons used by the males would extend to swords and such.

I am not sure what to do about transportation outside the cities; it doesn't seem logical they would have access to gas but on the other hand I am not sure how it would be consolidated and stored by the females.

The laws governing males are still in the works; I am open to suggestions. 

Here is something I just thought of; If the free males live in groups like small small villages; they could be periodically "rounded up" and placed up for adoption by a mistress. I can't see the females only having one pet. This would allow resistance members inside plus give anyone who wants to be conditioned or anyone who wants to train the chance to do so   

TheVillain

Right, had a couple ideas for character- will consider any and all if you need the men but like I said- I tend to play more along the lines of doms so it could be a bit odd. In my head I call them "Asshole", "Kind-Of-A-Douche", and "Not-An-Asshole"

"Asshole" - The Taxi Cab Rapist

Even in the new age, some things are eternal. Among them being that some people manage to be assholes no matter the surroundings. The identity of the Taxi Cab Rapist remains unknown, but enough victims have come forward that the authorities believe that figured out how he commits his crimes. Appearing to be just another cab driver in one of the larger cities, he seems to have secretly rigged his cab to be air tight in the back seat. When he has selected a potential victim he releases into the back seat a diluted version of a nerve gas used in the war. Victims quickly become incapacitated, their senses dulled, and unable to gather the willpower to activate his control chip, usually but not always losing consciousness for about an hour during which he does what he likes. Victims usually regain motor control naked, dumped in an alley, "HARLOT" written across their breasts with red lipstick, and his semen dripping from their pussies. Criminal Profilers believe he may see himself as someone striking a blow for male rights- but really he's just an asshole.

"Kind-of-a-Douche" - Dom

Some men get all the luck. The man known as Dom keeps his past close, not even revealing his real name, but it appears he may be the most expensive male prostitute active. His niche? Male dominance in a world where he's supposed to be at best a lapdog. Officially owned by a government official who officially gets all the money he makes, it's a front to hide that in private their roles are reversed. Often "rented out" to other women, he may also hold the current record for the most children fathered as he thinks little of impregnating his clients.

"Not-an-Asshole" - The Harlequin (Assuming the group idea isn't accepted)

Little is known about the Harlequin, but in a world of the slavery of an entire gender he seems to be a absurdest romantic anarchist terrorist. Dedicated to revealing the absurdity of the current system, he is only considered a terrorist by high ranking officials- many others see him as a mythic figure of hope and freedom. When acting as The Harlequin he hides his features in a high tech version of a jester's costume.

In civilian clothes he is simple and unassuming Robert Jones, a low level bureaucrat who doesn't seem to completely useless in front of a computer. Of course, he's hiding an IQ of at least 200 and that he's a hacker and planner of nothing short of incredible skill- but expects those kind of traits in a man? Also hiding that he reprogrammed his control chip long ago, instead of pain he just gets a ringing in his ears. Enough to know that he should be faking pain. As Robert his only seeming life goal is romancing the young woman in the next cubicle into a relationship as equals, but as the Harlequin he plans nothing short of a revolution.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Kate

i have a few ideas. The war was not nukes - radiation isnt really an issue
the "megadeaths" were due to nano-technology - clouds (like the day the earth stood still) of whilch which basically reduced all non-nano-techolgoy metal constructions to iron filings

(so resources are plentiful but most standard technology with metal components is not working - so power generators are out etc).

The nanobugs killed all humans on the surface who were not behind strange energy shields  for a few months. Some men however were in submarines, in caves - and yes behind their own shields.

The nano-machines that killed everything then deactivated - what remains are some nano-technology labs which were protected by their energy shields - some submarines - that have been abandoned but they still had some guns and stuff in them - but not a lot of ammo - so they are making crossbows etc.

the lead men are military trained (commanders from submarines) who now adopt a highly efficient nomadic life on land (they have a few snipers etc and kill dear - go through ghost cities trying to find canned food - salvage what they can - most canned food is spoiled as the metal outsides were stripped - but some underground bunkers may have some which they look for - - but they dont have heavy machinery to dig so its hard going.

Satalights still work but nothing on the ground can talk to them.

The woman / some men camps have made universities into forts - and have built walls about most primary universities and slowly trying to get out of a new effective dark age - before the paper books decay - laptops and computers are rare - internet down.

the nanotech labs that are left are very very few - and all known ones are controlled by woman (well as far as the woman know - but are constantly paranoid about any men finding new ones) - the nano-tech labs are powered by solar pannels - but these are not enough to power much more than the labs themselves - perhaps a few extra lights in buildings around it but not much more - no factories exist to make new high tech components - the nano-tech labs can mainly only make nanoings - like medical chips and perform medical procedures themselves - (males can be placed / strapped into a chair that is lowed into a bath of nano-things - and the operators just say what they want via voice recongition - no need for medical knowledge or getting their hands dirty themeslves) then the nano-bots in the "bath" and some robot arms just do everything
- then when its done the chair raises up - and an hour or so later the patient wakes.

Most nano-labs are these circular rooms where the "doctor" is in the middle looking at monitors of progress and these chairs fixed above baths dot the exterior (semi-transpent solar pannels on top - sun can shine though when its not doing anything)
The nano-labs are well made and effectively repair themselves - as long as iron filings or raw materials and regularly given to it the building may as well be self-sufficient.

So no cars - but because a lot of pluming and sewerage are below ground - basic water-needs are still met - agriculture is mainly strange greenhouses in universities and some fields powered by wooden wind mills - but without harvesters - horses and men are used to work the fields.

But boats - wooden sailing boats are used for transportation - horse drawn carts also.

Greek islands would be a spot I would adore to be in - and some of the woman want to rebuild culture like the ancient greeks did - wearing togas etc - ancient Greek architecture - adoption of greek goddesses (and their emulation).

Each of the "matriarchs" have their own vision for rebuilding society - some want forests and gardens everywhere - I may be one of them - some want floating ship towns - ideal for transportation.

TheVillain

By the way, gave it some thought and I'm thinking only the Harlequin could work in this world. The other two don't stand up to internal logic really.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Kate

perhaps the men found a busted nano-tech lab but wired it up to power a dozen green houses in a hydroponic sense instead which they use to fashion some drugs - slowly getting some powerful woman addicted - sending them insane (my character being one of them)  - and effectively getting their own back rotting us from within
while other men plan something more directly confrontational.

shadowspale

Kate; I applaud you as that was very well thought out and reasoned. Not so sure about the nano bots however or the labs because I wasn't seeing things quite so advanced. The leaders being military makes perfect sense and being in subs out of reach is a very plausible explanation for some of the men not having chips. I like the idea of some of the females being given drugs as a means to undermine them and I adore the idea of those higher up the ranks each having their own version of what the world should be; it will place them at each others throats which will further undermine them.

My problem with the nanos is this; if the new world is still relying on it and there are no way at the moment to feed them new metals it would all come to a screeching halt once the ready metals were used. Plus there remains the fact it the technology itself that would give the females the advantage over the males because in a world that advanced you know they would depend on it and once they didn't have they would be sitting ducks.

I could counter part of this by having all those in positions of true power be military themselves which would explain why some women weren't behind the walls but I want the game to rely on the people, not the technology left behind. The reason the females took over in the first place was because of the war; it doesn't make sense to me they would continue to rely on something that was the foundation for that war and something that could fall into enemy hands. 

By the way...welcome aboard the USS Hammer Out; ship of game construction. :P

Kate

i was thinking that cars etc are reduced to iron fillings by the nano-bot things
so finding metal isnt hard - just walk into any place where metal used to be and have a bucket ready. but if nano-bots are not your thing that is ok.

Another idea - a engineered super virus wiped out most of the worlds people.

Those that survived had different genes.

What if the men were controlled - not by technology (advanced technology is more or less lost) but by psychic / mental abilities (which the new breed of women were naturally inclined towards having) ?

But some men, not many, but some, could resist ?

shadowspale

Chemical warfare was the way I was leaning but after second thought I realize its not very rational; it would affect all living creatures; not just humans. So yeah, something Bio is much more fitting.

If the females are evolving in that direction, why wouldn't the men be too? Nature doesn't normally give one gender such an advantage over the other. Female spiders are bigger than their mates and will make a meal out of them if possible but the males have been given ways around this. Wouldn't human males start to develop the means to woo a potential mate; lessening the potential danger?

Chuukun

I'd be interested in joining the rp. Here's a rough outline of my character:

He is in his fourties (or late thirties at best) and a veteran of the war. So, he knows how the world used to be before the war and he has become bitter about it. His reasoning is, while he was fighting, a third force has risen up and taken even the victory he had fought for away. He has become rather misogynistic and is leading something of a guerilla warfare against the woman. Using a large arsenal of the base he was stationed at, he has become known as a ruthless terrorist.

He holds little love for women, and would very much like to see the world reversed, with the women as the slaves, just as he thinks it should be. Since he is chip-free, having run into a forest and barricaded himself in a system of caves there, he still has the liberties to wage war. He openly welcomes any man wishing to join his cause, but makes it perfectly clear that his way to achieve victory is brute force. Also he wants to make sure that any man joining him is chip-less and so not a potential threat.

As the rp starts out, he has control over a very small group of men (I'm thinking a dozen at most, if any wants to join, ya welcome) and he's slowly but surely running out of ammo and weapons. So, he intends to raid either a city or another arsenal (if they still exist) to stock up.

shadowspale

I like. One of the aspects I wanted to bring in was the groups of males raiding each other for supplies as well as stealing from the females. I just can't see the males who aren't involved in the resistance just sitting around talking about how it used to be. A good portion of them would think "I might not be able to prevent what has happened but damn if I am going to just sit here! Oh look! That group of men has nice, fat pigs that will taste good this winter and they have other things we can use! Let's go get it!"

Outside its survival of the fittest. Even a male who is sub will have to have an aggressive streak of some sort or end up dead.

Chuukun

While it is true that there probably would be some Darwinistic streaks in the man, I can't really grasp why they haven't attacked the women. Okay, they may have superior technology and strongholds on their hands, but consider this:

They are in a limited space, smaller cities and colonies maybe. Cities like NY, as you said, are non-existant, so I don't know how big those cities that the women occupy are, number and area-wise.

They are surrounded by the wilderness, aka men. Men would know that, given superior numbers, they could try and lay siege to those cities, one way or the other.

I somehow question why men would suddenly go all feral and onto each others throat when they know they could also just form their own society (you know, that was the result of evolution anyway, the road from tribes to globalization). So, the men would take several steps backwards in just twenty years after a war?

shadowspale

They don't attack openly because they are implanted with chips that can cause immobilizing pain which means they would be caught, castrated and sent to the slave pens.

As for suddenly going feral...its not sudden. Its been at least 20 years. I am not saying all men are of the mind to raid because that would be dictating how a character thinks and I will not cross that line. I am saying some will want to raid to increase what they already have.

The presidents will all be npcs unless I get people that I know well enough to know they won't start just doing things like issuing laws that state all males are to be hunted down and placed in a tracking collar or start a war I didn't intend.

With that said I have three reasons why they are in smaller groups instead of one or two larger ones.

A large group of people in one area means the natural resources such as lumber and wild life are depleted that much faster. They would have to travel further and further to find them.

You put large groups of people together for long periods of time and tempers start to flare; soon they are splitting into like minded groups that are fighting against each other on a regular basis as each strives to come out on top.

Smaller groups scattered out over an large area are not as likely to draw attention nor would they seem as threatening as larger groups of men whom the females know are not happy with how they are living.

Chuukun

Alright, I guess I can accept that. But I don't think all of the men do need to have an aggressive streak. After all, this whole situation out in the wild seems like a prison, so I suppose there will be men who will willingly become 'women' and take care of menial stuff, cooking and everything in order to be protected and survive.

Anyways, as I said earlier, my role would be that of a rebelling veteran who has nothing but anger left when thinking about the women. So, a dominant male who is leading a small band. While he mostly avoids killing other men, he has no qualms doing it when it turns out that those men have no intention to fight, as he thinks they're just as guilty of this situation as the women.

Will there be a seperate thread where we'll post our profiles or should we just use this one?

shadowspale

I was hoping to get more players at the moment we have only two or three females, only two dominate males and only three males outside. Both females are doctors; I am not sure what one person is interested in playing; if she said I have missed it.

My guy is a gay sub who is a member of the resistance; there are three sub males inside the cities. Starting now, although I suppose making up sheets ahead of time couldn't hurt, would mean I would have to be playing at least six characters most of whom would be doms which I am not.

Kate

well for a start with 99 percent of the population wiped out - lets say by a super virus - the usefulness of cities is actually lost. perhaps they crawl with pests like cockroaches - feeding on staggering supplies they find - initial burst from rotting corpses then its own ecosystem appeared - infested by insects ever since (perhaps plague riddin cockroaches) so ventering into a city is a boon for resources but very dangerous and not something you want to walk in with just a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops for.

if it was a super-virus - it may have been unintentional, initially it never really was "woman spontaneously deciding to fight men" ... perhaps the "chip thing" or "psychic" domination some woman have is localised and not widespread. Some groups finding shelter in lush places have an armish style life - with occasional equipment they find they can get working, others are nomadic ?

tes11

This is a very impressive story!
I'm interested in joining as one of the male. I'm fine with either dominant or submissive as I'm relatively new to RP and I would like to explore different types of characters.
My Ons and Offs
Apologies and Absences: -

Chuukun

A question that needs to be adressed is how women could organize themselves so well that they could take up power. Either it happened through a mutation (such as psychic control or whatnot) or during the war, there was an uprise in feminist culture, outright cults starting to form that kept the women in order.

Also, are we allowed to have more than one character? Since you are playing six (!) characters, I thought that maybe I could help you out with one.

Kate

That is a good point.

Psychic vs Chip control has to be chosen by shadowspale now, if she chooses psychic I do have some ideas in which men are not "left behind"

shadowspale

Here was my original concept. The females rose up because a war was in process. At that point there were more females than males in most areas due to the heavy loses. This made it easy to take control but not until a large portion of the populace had died.

Give me time to organize all the details and I will put up a more detailed description. Things have been going so fast here I haven't had the chance.

I don't want to play six characters I had planned on two but if we start now not only am I forced to play more I am forced to play doms. I am not dom, maybe a little aggressive at times but I can't do doms easily. it is a struggle for me and not something I enjoy. Please don't push me into it.

We can always use doms of both genders straight or gay. I am trying my best to accommodate everyone who might want to play while keeping the feeling for the world I saw as well as trying to make it as plausible as possible while incorporating all the ideas that are being handed to me..

Kate

well pale - how about you play the roles you want to - not the ones you feel you should to make others interested happy

i am happy to manage the difference if you like
(you may prefer to play than be the storyteller ? i am happy to manage whatever aspects you dont want to )

shadowspale

I am willing to do many things; I just can't play dom characters. I am sorry but I can't. Doms on both sides are what we need. I can and will fill any needed role but that one. If I have to play six characters to get going, I will but I can't do everything at once, I am only one person although you all are helping hammer out details and flaws.

Something has just been brought to my attention. Are we doing this strictly board, over Im or what?   

Chuukun

I'm perfectly willing to rp also as a dom female, if we are lacking those (and it seems that way).

shadowspale

We are since they are half of the driving force.

I started this group for a chance to play my gay guy and so far he is the only one lol