Buffy 1885 (Buffy RPG, NC-Exotic) - Still Recruiting

Started by Jaded, November 18, 2015, 08:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaded

I will be limiting the package qualities to one, maybe two if it fits the character well, as suggested by page 39 of the core book.  So would need you to modify your sheet(s) to fit that. 

Hmm.  I'd have to look more into the history of China in the 19th century if you want to go that route. 

Deathnote

Character Name: Xin

Character Background:
Xin was initially trained in China to become a watcher ever since he could walk.  When he was thirteen, he was sent to Europe to continue his studies in the Occult and general Watcher training.  Approximately three years later, however, his mentor was killed by a vampire.  Ignoring the Watcher's council, he tracked down the vampire all the way to America, essentially becoming an ex-Watcher in the process.  He cut his queue, let his hair grow out, and cut off all ties with his past life.  He spent the next several years travelling the country, further honing his skills.  All he had to help him on his journey was the journal left behind by his mentor.  Eventually, he was approached by the watcher's council, who offered to reinstate him as a Watcher.  In exchange, he would be assigned to the current Slayer.

Statblock
Character Type: Hero
Life Points 54
Drama Points 10

Attributes (20)
Strength: 5
Dexterity: 5
Constitution: 3 (+1 level from Watcher)
Intelligence: 4 (+1 level from Occult Investigator)
Perception: 1
Willpower: 5 (+1 level from Occult Investigator)

Qualities (20 + 6 from Drawbacks)
Occult Investigator (4)
- Enhanced Attribute [+1 to any two mental attributes]
- Bonus +2 to Occultism
- Bonus +1 to Fear Tests
- If presented with an opportunity to learn something supernatural, they must pass a Willpower test or do it
Watcher (5)
- Enhanced Attribute [+1 to any one physical attribute]
- Bonus +2 to Getting Medieval
- Bonus +2 to any roll related to learning more about a given demon, vampire, or other supernatural creature
Acute Senses (Hearing) (2)
Attractiveness +1 (1)
Fast Reaction Time [+5 to Initiative Rolls] (2)
Hard to Kill 4 [+3 Life Points/level; +1 bonus / level to Survival Tests] (4)
Natural Toughness [4pts armour vs. Blunt attacks] (2)
Occult Library (Minimal) (1)
Sorcery 1 (5)

Drawbacks (up to 10)
Emotional Problems (Loner) (1)
Minority (Chinese) (3)
Obligation Major (Watcher's Council) (2)
Resources -4 (Hurting) (4)

Skills (20 + 4 from Drawbacks)
Acrobatics 3
Art 0
Computers 0
Crime 0
Doctor 0
Driving (Riding) 1
Getting Medieval 7 (+2 levels from Watcher Quality)
Gun Fu 0
Influence 0
Knowledge 0
Kung Fu 5
Languages 2 (English, Cantonese, & Apache)
Mr. Fix-It 0
Notice 3
Occultism 7 (+2 levels from Occult Investigator)
Science 0
Sports 0
Wild Card 0

Maneuvers
Maneuver Name; Bonus 0; Base Damage 0; Notes
Dodge; Bonus 10; Defense action
Parry; Bonus 12; Defense action
Punch; Bonus 10; Base Damage 10; Bash
Kick; Bonus 9; Base Damage 12; Bash
Spin Kick; Bonus 8; Base Damage 14; Bash
Sword; Bonus 12; Base Damage 20; Slash/Stab
Stake; Bonus 12; Base Damage 10; Slash/Stab
- (Through the heart); Bonus 9; Bonus Damage 10; x5 vs vamps
Telekinesis; Bonus 6;

Firebolt!
Quick Cast: Yes
Power Level: 3
Requirements: None
Effect: Inflict Damage of Willpower X 2 per Success Level

Jaded

Hmm, interesting character but Watcher and Occult Investigator kind of feel like they overlap, I'll have to look into them a bit more tomorrow when I'm not so tired. 

Jaded

We are just starting after a delay due to the holidays, and are still recruiting if anyone else is interested. 

Callie Del Noire

Jaded

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Jaded on January 12, 2016, 10:27:42 PM
Ah?  What sort of ideas? :-)

I had this old Buffy character that was an attempt by the Initiative to create their 'very own Slayer'. (Figured it would be something Walsh would have cooked up). Not a big leap to go from 'engineered superhuman' to 'Frankenstein's Monster'.

Ironically named Valerie Hobson.

Jaded

That could be interesting. :-)   Using Robot or some other quality?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Jaded on January 17, 2016, 05:08:14 PM
That could be interesting. :-)   Using Robot or some other quality?

I think it was built in the Angel rule set.

Jaded

Unfortunately I am only allowing the Buffy books.  Could you rework the concept to just use those?

Callie Del Noire

Basically just yank out the Slayer's detect vampires ability an some level of amnesia and that should be it.. (I found all but the core right now.. digging thru my pack out.)

Jaded

Write up a paragraph or so background, and can probably join before things get too far in.  :-)

Callie Del Noire

Alrighty,

The man that Valerie Hobson knew as 'Father' had been a student of Manfred Wallace, who had secured the notes and journals of Victor Frankenstein. In addition to the fallen creator of reanimated life, which he applied to his own experimental procedures. Manfred had an interest in reconstructive actions that put him literally decades ahead of any other medical doctor, such as the rudimentary basics of reconstructive surgery and transplant surgery. He had been experimenting for over a decade when he found Victor's journals in a small bookshop in Dublin, a forgotten part of an estate sale. Victor's copious notes on over coming rejection and mating flesh from multiple sources.
He immediately started experimenting on cadavers, going slow as he honed his understanding of what Frankenstein had done. Slowly he looked for better and better 'donors' to see about making the perfect human as he dove into the darker sciences and then alchemy. Then SHE was brought into his source's morgue. Her brain was dashed in and her trachea was crushed but other than that SHE was a perfect start to his experiment. He made her 'average' looking due to the massive rebuilding of her face and throat, figuring he could work on her appearance over time. The scars where he put in an intact brain (from a murdered girl) and rebuilt the crushed skull were hidden under her hairline and once lightning restored her to living breathing life he introduced her as his 'niece' come to live with him after a terrible train accident had killed her parents and left her without a shred of her old life. That was when things started getting .. odd. Her strength, agility and healing factor were unprecedented and she took to the martial skills of fencing like one born to it.

Very rough, wasn't sure how you'd like it to fit..and how much 'slayerness' she retained.