Citadel of Winter [D&D Play By Post]

Started by Karasu, January 29, 2016, 05:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karasu

Dragons abound!

Run by the ever talented Muse, this is a tale about one group of adventurers, in their journey to either save the world, or doom it to dragon lordship. In this tale of Half-dragon girl and her party's journey to defeat or join the Evil Eztazon Boraztrix Blanc, a vicious White Great Wrym lord who seeks to dominate the other dragon clans and enslave other species.

This my lords and ladies, is war for the fate of the world!

Prelude: Citadel of Winter Warning tags: Rape in one section.

Character Creation!
[If you want a prelude to happen, Either myself or Muse might be able to acommodate! Especially if said prelude involves Eztazon's White clan!]
Open to 3 or 4 other players
Lvl 6 (ONLY if you do not take the half-dragon template!)
Pathfinder
Point buy your abilitiy scores: 36
Reroll ones for hit points.
the only Third party allowed is Dreamscarred press Psionics
Half-Dragons are allowed, *though Muse and I would like to have an explanation as to who your character's parents are and how you came to be as this is very uncommon*
Forgotton realms is your setting!

Limitations:
Gunslingers exsist! However by default, you are a member of, or have a contract with, the Church of Gond.

Things not allowed:

OOC Drama! I will not tolerate it!

Basicly this is my return to E after so very long of a Hiatus due to RL Bull Shittery!
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Karasu

Characters:

Kree Silverwing: Half-Silver Dragon Sorcerer (Crossblooded Draconic/Stormborn) - Played by Me!

Iorthir Icesong the Half-Born: Half-elf Viking Fighter - Played by Zaer!

Muse

Thank you Karasu! 

It'll be a great pleasure to revive this plot after a long time away. 

I think Karasu covered the high points.  Please work wtih me to get our stories to fit the setting. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheSithChicken

Color me interested but I have a few questions.

First is that the Half-Dragon template is really potent. Will there be any balancing mechanic with players that don't take that template? Possibility of another template, more potent base race, etc.

Second is what version of the Forgotten Realms are you going with? Pre-Spellplague or post?

Third is what kind of sexual content could I expect? I only ask this because it's Elliquiy.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I apply in with same char concept as I have tried for while now :P. Far too cool concept (for me) to drop off. Anycase your okay with flaws and the background skills (meaning you get extra skill points to spend for 'background' skills like craft, profession etc). Also I know FR lore quite well, there is snow elf lore where Iorthir background will fit in (in regards northern living elves).

Name: Iorthir Icesong the Half-Born
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Figther (Viking archtype) 5
Backstory:
Wall of text warning
Iorthir was born twenty five years ago to a elven warrioress Elestra Icesong, a snow elf. Elestra had been captured by human hunters in Great Glacier while she had been hunting, she was brought as a 'trophy' from the hunt to local human barbarian chieftain who then proceedingly raped her and kept her as prisoner. She was raped over and over again but she remained unbroken, then she was rescued by her tribe from the human tribe, a bloody battle where snow elves decimated the human tribe to last man and child and brought her back home to the north but she was deeply in pregnancy by this point. There was no way safely stop the pregnancy so she had to carry through it. However her harsh treatment by the humans along with pregancy made her body weak and she caught sickness which weakened her body further with fever and she died while giving birth to Iorthir.

Now, Elestra's family saw the half-breed nothing more than disgusting reminder of Elestra's treatment and not part of their tribe, born outsider. So following customs of their people how they treat infants which are born with defects is just carry child into frozen wilds and placed there to die and devoured by whatever happens come across the newborn child. However quirk of fate pack of wolves moved into area and heard cries of newborn baby, in the pack there was female wolf which had lost all pups recently on disease which had infested on their earlier den and mother instincts kicked in and the female wolf then started take care of the half-elf baby and nurse it and rest pack followed in suit and adopted the weird child as their own.

Eight years later a local aged snow elf hunter Jalik 'Strider' Frostbranch heard rumors about a 'wolfman' in the great Glacier, spotted by some local hunters running with pack of wolves. Suspecting a werewolf Jalik started track the wolf pack and seek slay the werewolf before further trouble arises from such. However he was surprised as he tracked the pack and got closer look on the wolfman to see it was a half-elf child....living and communing with wolves like one pack members and hunting alongside with them! Jalik was unusual for snow elf as he had chosen Mielikki as deity which he revers to and thus it made him to make hard decision and decided he has to capture the wolfman, as a half-elf child's natural place is not in the wolfpack. Albeit it's weird miracle itself but he knows this is not natural as child was different species than the wolves around it.

So, Jalik hunted the child but now different purpose, he manages lure child onto trap after a day and then drag child on his cabin and start a very long process taming the child. He himself dislike the term but that very much was it; as child was feral and completely like a wolf. So it took good two years of patience and daily interaction before child was anyway presentable shape to talk, use tools, wear clothes and understand most concepts like other humanoids do than animals. Jalik named child as Iorthir, which is for elven 'wolf born'. However he also asked around had anyone lost half-elven children around the snow elf tribes and so far none came up.....expect until he came across Icesong tribe who told one their own had given birth of one but they had thrown the child into frozen wastelands....which to Jalik was monstrous deed for innocent child but tribe was adamant on their judgement call and it been rigth one. The tribe elder was shocked to learn the child which they had thought dead long gone along with mother had actually survived! In all alone frozen wasteland none the less!

This caused uproar especially amongst Eleste's close family, especially on her brother who swore to kill the bastard but elders forbid it; as customs and signs are clear if child survived on it's own without aid of the tribe in the glaciers as newborn (even if taken care by wolves), the child is considered part of the tribe by sheer act of preservence and sign of the ancestors to accept the child in. So Jalik introduced Iorthir to his relatives....and overall things did not go very well at all as he lived amongst them. As Iorthir was bullied, mistreated and called 'half-born' daily basis. Iorthir was unhappy and wanted live with Jalik than with his people (or back in wolf pack). However Jalik was firm in keeping Iorthir on the tribe where he truly belonged but he promised visit Iorthir regularly to check up on him and take him on hunting trips. Which he did and where Iorthir learned basics of woodsman craft.

Thanks being bullied Iorthir made no friends from the tribe, only elders were neutral but even they viewed him as 'lesser' than pureblood members of the tribe. So not much was expected from him. Iorthir listened and heard about tribal hunters and warriors and he sought mentor for himself but all potential candidates to teach him laughed on him and dismissed him. However warriors of the tribe gained recogniction in the tribe and much respect, naturally tribe's own warriors were highly praised but they gave praises for select few non-elven warriors as well whenever encountered and given honorifics.....so Iorthir saw becoming a warrior only way to gain acceptance in the tribe!

So, without mentor he started to train and work hard, just himself. He stole worn wooden spear and started practice outside tribes den alone, recall how he had hunt with the wolf pack and started adopt their tactics and methods for his movements and attacks which carry a ferocious power. This lasted for several years until he reached age of fiftheen, a age where he could undertake rites of adulthood and considered as adult by tribes standards by joining on hunt with rest of the tribe and devour heart of animal to prove himself. However his request was denied, as he had no parents then only his closest male relative, his uncle, would be able vouch for him to get approval for the hunt. But as uncle still hated the half-breed, hated what humans had done to his precious sister, he spitefully denied Iorthir no chance to get recognized adult and planned him always considered as a child. A worthless child at that.

This angered Iorthir and he ran off, stealing some hide armor, spear and supplies he then set out from the tribe and started travel in the world. To seek prove to his tribe he is something worth to talk about and recognized fully as adult by tribe's standards! Since then he has recklesly ran into conflicts as a hired spear, learning along way from more experienced warriors from other cultures and lands the tricks of the trade, brush up and update his skills (and most of all; learn to read). He grew into a fearsome warrior in battle, learning use brute strenght, fierceness and intimidation as tools to fare in battle. Although he had got little to no acceptance from his own people in youth he found more than plenty acceptance from other races who appreciated his skills with the blade and shield. Along his travels he rescued a dwarven priest of Moradin who was also gifted smith, as reward saving his life he forged Skyfire, a excellent bastard sword which steely surface shines like northern skyfires during coldest of nights in his homeland. A blade worthy of a legend or a good story.

One most peculiar case during his years was that he fell in love for a jeweler, a half-elf called Janessa. Iorthir and Janessa came different backgrounds, Janessa was born to half-elf parents and had lived in cities most of her life while Iorthir came from a fearsome snow elf tribes from middle of frozen wilderness and raised by wolves. But despite differences they connected and she helped him great deal to get accept that him to try become part of a tribe which hates him is not a good idea or that tribe was not worthy of him. She was also one who tempted Iorthir to settle down, live in city with her and become a weaponsmith. Iorthir at first dismissed this thought but over three years dating her, sharing nights of passion and her charm started gnaw the heart of the warrior to consider put down his sword Skyfire on fireplace decoration and become a weaponsmith and give up on his dreams of greatness being a warrior sung across the north.

But seems fate will not have his road go that way, instead after coming from tavern meeting local friends he gets to home where Janessa was living in...her shop broken in and her lay bloodied in floor as whatever broke in had slaugthered her like a sheep with a clawed hands! Iorthir went mad with sadness and mourning and he attended her funeral along with her family, even if not married to her yet he was counted already part of the family by her side. He investigated the crime scene and only thing stolen was peculiar bracelet which she had purchased from shady traveler and he tracked down where traveler had went to; he had got clues where the seller of the bracer had went to and he is tracking him down to beat some answers out from him.....what hell exact for Janessa died!

Eventually Iorthir tracked the shady fellow and learned the shady fellow had been a thief who had looted from dragon's hoard in far north....from hoard of Eztazon Boraztrix Blanc, a white dragon with far too long name for itself and without doubt that dragon's agent had came to retrieve the bracelet! So thus after shanking the thief and tossing body to frozen lake he sets out to hunt the big white itself.....to seek revenge for lost love and give dragon a lesson being too greedy!

Muse

Quote from: DarkPrince on January 29, 2016, 08:30:55 AM

First is that the Half-Dragon template is really potent. Will there be any balancing mechanic with players that don't take that template? Possibility of another template, more potent base race, etc.

Second is what version of the Forgotten Realms are you going with? Pre-Spellplague or post?

Third is what kind of sexual content could I expect? I only ask this because it's Elliquiy.

Only that she gives up two level of sorceress for a little extra muscle.  If she were doing a more physical combat oriented class I'd think it wasn't so well ballanced. 

Spell splage?  What's that?  Oh, you mean the Nightmare?  We all woke up from that and discovered that the gods handn't all been murdered.  (Hundred year long nightmare.  I'd think Shar was laughing her shapely rear off over how much suffering she could squeeze into a single night's sleep, but if she'd really caused the ngihtmare she wouldn't have included herself in the deicide, would she?) 

Sexual content:  Depends on what people will have the most fun with.  There will be NC content in the story--allleady has been with the prelude Karasu and i played out last year--but it doesn't have to happen to a character who's not interested. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheSithChicken

Alright. Soumds good. I am moving today so it might be late tonight or tomorrow before I can get an actual idea to you.

Zaer Darkwail

Muse, is my char background okay? Even if it's bit wordy and is sheet okay as well? I know I made 6th level char to 5th level so there may be transition mistakes here and there :P.

Muse

I like the background a goood deal.  Hadn't read it 'til now.  About to get some sleep. 

Karasu

Quote from: DarkPrince on January 29, 2016, 08:30:55 AM

Quote from: Muse on January 29, 2016, 09:27:24 AM
Only that she gives up two level of sorceress for a little extra muscle.  If she were doing a more physical combat oriented class I'd think it wasn't so well ballanced. 

Spell splage?  What's that?  Oh, you mean the Nightmare?  We all woke up from that and discovered that the gods handn't all been murdered.  (Hundred year long nightmare.  I'd think Shar was laughing her shapely rear off over how much suffering she could squeeze into a single night's sleep, but if she'd really caused the ngihtmare she wouldn't have included herself in the deicide, would she?) 

Sexual content:  Depends on what people will have the most fun with.  There will be NC content in the story--allleady has been with the prelude Karasu and i played out last year--but it doesn't have to happen to a character who's not interested. 

Spell plague seems reallllly familiar..

Yea, Kree has spell muscle, and has some dragon awesomeness to her that's true, but she'll be two levels behidn the rest of you, so Otherwise I think we could balance pretty easily with mobs maybe she can't touch or something like that XD

Karasu

Also nice looking Zaer!

Is he half elf/ half human? Or somethign else flavor text wise? And I am curious if he would be from the same clan Kree's mother was,  or a different clan entirely.. XD

Karasu

New Edit to the rules! Please double check adn make sure your interested still ^^ We still have 2-3 open spots ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Karasu on January 29, 2016, 11:08:48 AM
Also nice looking Zaer!

Is he half elf/ half human? Or somethign else flavor text wise? And I am curious if he would be from the same clan Kree's mother was,  or a different clan entirely.. XD

Thanks :). Iorthir is half-snow elf (so half-elf basically). I did give link in my charsheet post for the snow elf lore but summary is that snow elves are cousins of wild elves found elsewhere but by circumstance in history a group of wild elves were driven to far north to escape genocide and by thanks harshness of their environment they became much more tribal and more savage than regular elves; they use hides, bones and rocks as weapons. They have shamanistic chieftain based tribes who are xenophobic vs everyone else and highly territorial/aggressive vs anyone coming to their territory and also they have no sense for art, dancing or 'hobbies' and focus entirely on survival, only beauty or appreciation to it comes intricated details in their religious rituals.

They are sort hermit sub-group of wild elves which even amongst elves are not known much about and they have their own elven dialects and are mostly at large illiterate (all knowlegde is passed by oral traditions). So Iorthir overall has grown up in very savage place, but he had got lots refinement thanks him leaving his tribe behind and went to outside tribe to get recogniction (as he could not work with other snow elf clans as they are aggressive even to each other). So not sure would he come from same clan or not like your char but I doubt it :P.

Karasu

PPerfectly fine and that's wonderous! So he might have heard fo the White dragon clan perhaps! He could have lost someone to those dragons?

You can hash taht out with Muse XD

Otherwise, WEEEE ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if you read my background the white dragon clan may (or is) involved in killing his beloved half-elf girl which he planned to marry and settle down with. He is pretty much angry about it :P

Karasu

Chulanowa

So at th core this is a rootin' tootin dragon fightin' campaign?  :D

And from the sound of it... set in Forgotten realms? Can I play a completely original character, he's a drow ranger / bloodrager who dual-weilds kukris and is named Drixxy. heh as a very large housecat named gwenstefani and I made this all up myself becuase I'm original and love Forgotten Realms!

...Y'know what, maybe I'll work on somethingelse  ;D

Karasu

awesome ^^ Come up with a character and see if we like it ^^

And yea pretty much XD We can either join the dragons, fight agaisnt them, or join the better dragons :P

Chulanowa

...Someday, someone will run an honest-to-got pathfinderized Dragonlance campaign, and then I'll strip naked and throw all my money at them.

Karasu

meh, not enough dragons in Dragonlance XD

Muse

It pathfinder?  Don't be silly, the dragons are way too tiny to represent the dragons in advanced dungeons and dragons.  :) 

Faeli

Color me interested as well, though my posting schedule is a bit harried at the moment.  How many posts per week might one require?

Karasu

If no one's counting on you to post, I'd say post when you have anything to actually post or when you can. I know scheules can get weird.. XD

Faeli

Alright, I can definately get 2 - 3 out a week, but some games expect like 5 and I boggle.  I will get a character thrown together on Sunday most like.  If you two like it, maybe you can bring me along for the funs?  ^_^

Karasu

If you wanan join go for it! If your not sure of a character yet, or want to play a more minor role, you can always play Braal, the crystal hatchling that Kree saved from the Citadel of Winter. ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Karasu on January 30, 2016, 04:28:05 AM
If you wanan join go for it! If your not sure of a character yet, or want to play a more minor role, you can always play Braal, the crystal hatchling that Kree saved from the Citadel of Winter. ^^

By the way, if you wrote/roleplayed a sort prelude event before this game can we get link for the thread :)

Faeli

Is there more information somewhere on the campaign thus far?  It seems to be in the north... but I know very very little else!

Karasu

I don't see why not.. It'll introduce you to Kree and Eztazon XD

Karasu

Updated in the first post! Muse and I can feild questions if you have. But fair warning. There is rape in that story, so skim over that bit if it makes you icky.

Faeli

Quote from: Karasu on January 30, 2016, 04:35:08 AM
Updated in the first post! Muse and I can feild questions if you have. But fair warning. There is rape in that story, so skim over that bit if it makes you icky.

And repeatedly read it if it makes you horn- wait, what?

Karasu

bahhaa XD Oh yes, It's one of my favorite little stories. The campain starts a bit after thsi if I remember right. Muse can correct if I am wrong.

Zaer Darkwail

Quite nice prelude/background story for your char there Karasu, I think my char and your char can find things in common (in regards desire killing the great white at least and I suspect they may get argument who has more 'right' for the revenge and such). All honestly Iorthir may have less reasons for the revenge than Valtyra/Kree has (but still loosing someone you love is what Iorthir and Valtyra have).

Karasu

Definatly! And I know I want Kree to open up and perhaps realize that Revenge isn't everything. But such things come in time ^^

Muse

Quote from: Faeli on January 30, 2016, 04:24:11 AM
Alright, I can definately get 2 - 3 out a week, but some games expect like 5 and I boggle.  I will get a character thrown together on Sunday most like.  If you two like it, maybe you can bring me along for the funs?  ^_^

2-3 a week sounds perfect, Faeli. 

Perhaps you'll spoil me a little and come out with a girl my baddies can have a hentai good time with if the win?  :) 

Karasu

Autocad

Interest post!

Now to... um... "conduct some research" before finalizing character details. Yup.

Karasu

haha ask any questions if you have them!

Muse

*laughs* 

didnt' realize how much spell checking we still have to do there! 

Let's see.  Where should our story begin.  it should probably involve getting together some dragon bane equipment.  :) 

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my guy has +1 celestial mithril sword, would not mind he goes seek to get add 'bane:dragons' property for it :P.

Karasu

Ya knwo what I think we could do? Pick a hub town, we all start there. Mingle, meet and form the most epic and hottest party evars!

I will also say this. We didn't get to say it in the prelude, but the first town she went to, she kinda froze over after some males tried raping her.. Lets jsut say the ruler of that town didn't take too kindly to that, so she starts with a small bounty on her head.. That can easily be a reason why some seek her out ;)

Muse

*Grins*  I did forget about that part.  :) 

Zaer Darkwail

Well, Iorthir could be after the bounty to get gold to enchant his sword (he has worked as merc in the past but as CN he is not strictly loyal to contracts). If checking FR lore in Great Glacier region there is two settlements; Jukum and Lilinuk. Which have humans in them which live sort like eskimos who are peaceful and welcoming to strangers. However if speak overall inhabitants in region there is frost giants, yetis and arctic dwarves (and arctic dwarves mind their own business usually).

However there is chance there are wandering far northern barbarian tribes or secluded settlements where indeed some rough mannered barbarians thought try take advantage of Karasu's char in sexual manner (as she has no gold/property on her so they thought she is okay sharing furst with them in return for shelter and food), but they made mistake in asking that when she was not emotionally cool headed to accept such trades :P. My own take anyways to the story.

Karasu

She came out of her planar jump near a temperate/desert region. So her Icing over an entire town makes way mroe of an impact.

Autocad

Karasu

honestly any character woudl fit in well. There's stronger ties using a bounty thing.. But you can quite easily just be a random adventurer in the sort of hub city.

Karasu

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Autocad on January 30, 2016, 07:59:22 AM
So would a desert character fit in?

Probably yeah if she wound up somewhere desert regions like Calimport or such (where slavery of women is common thing). With bend Iorthir may be in area as well (he tracked shady dealer to said area and then started seek work and got contract track down Kree for some gold).

Quote from: Karasu on January 30, 2016, 08:04:12 AM
New rule! You may Reroll 1s for HP ^^

Yay! Although I am fine with my HP (did not roll 1 with it but got quite average results).

Karasu

Rule update. You all now have 36 points to spend instead of 30! Zaer, feel free to update your sheet with the new plus 6 ^^

Autocad

36 point buy!!! Is it using the Pathfinder point buy system?

Muse

Correct, pathfinder point buy system.  :) 

Wasn't originaly putting that village near the Great Glacier, Zaer.  It was originaly going ot be in teh Western Heartlands, but now that you menion it, it might be fun to start us in Amn... 

Also note, near the end of that story Kree (Valtyra in the older draft) does some things a sorceress shouldn't be able to do for qutie a good many levels. 

This was an "awakening" affect.  She won't be able to do that again 'tils she can do it by the rules.  :) 

Yes, let's say that the Kree cut loose on with her breath weapon was in Northern Calimshan, and we're now in Amn. 

I'm a bit hesitant about PCs going after her bounty.  ^_^;;  But I'm sure we're all mature enough to handle that delicately.  :) 

Karasu

Way I figure it sweet Muse. She lost control and that put a bounty on her head.. She's sitll young by dragon's standards and that much power is going to force its way out of her somehow.

If PCs go after her bounty. I am certain they might want to understand the story behind it, as the details of it are so vague.

indarkestknight

Question: To what extent are the timeline events surrounding Obould becoming the "Chosen of Gruumsh" and the establishment of Many-Arrows as a kingdom recognized in the North, complete with peace treaties in place, canon, as they are largely pre-Spellplague developments?

I'm entertaining the idea of playing an orcish prince, the first son Obould sired after becoming the Chosen of Gruumsh. (Even though orc stats are absolute rubbish.)

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, I do not intent abuse the bounty with Iorthir (he is CN and if he hears Kree's story he would symphatisize and not give her over for the bounty but rather join forces). But then again Muse can then bring in his NPC bounty guys who give no crap for Kree's story and then Iorthir (and potential rest of the party) joins in. Anycase updating my char now, also I ask as confirm are you okay for background skill rules? Background skill rules in pathfinder just means every level you get 1 skill point which can be spend on craft, K:architecture, K:dungeoneering, linquist or profession (to present past profession/career).

indarkestknight

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 30, 2016, 09:05:47 AM
Yeah, I do not intent abuse the bounty with Iorthir (he is CN and if he hears Kree's story he would symphatisize and not give her over for the bounty but rather join forces). But then again Muse can then bring in his NPC bounty guys who give no crap for Kree's story and then Iorthir (and potential rest of the party) joins in. Anycase updating my char now, also I ask as confirm are you okay for background skill rules? Background skill rules in pathfinder just means every level you get 1 skill point which can be spend on craft, K:architecture, K:dungeoneering, linquist or profession (to present past profession/career).

2 per level. Complete rules on Background Skills.

Karasu

That's up to muse. I've never run with such rules, and he's your DM.. I'm just the flavor text :P

And  also Forgotton realsm isn't a setting I've actually played in too much.. so I'll defer to Muse's knwoledge therein ^^

Muse

Further House Rules and Clarifcations: 

Character's gain their home regions languege for free.  (That's Chondathan in Amn and many places to the north.  Consult Player's Guide to Faerun or ask me for help if needed.) 
Half Dragons are +4 ECL for this game.  Their breath weapons are based on total hit dice, not just racial. 
Campaing Specific Trait: 
   Draconic Lungs: Your half dragon character is strongtly in touch with her draconic ablities.  She may use her breath weapon 2 aditional times a day, but must still wait 1d4 rouns between uses. 

I haven't read the stories with Obold Many ARrows becoming Chosen of Gruumsh, either.  When I've used him in the past, at the climax of the war the Orcish forces were storming Silverymoon and Alustrial made the Moonbrige vanish, plunging Obold and his elite gaurd into the River Rauvin. 

We all know that villains who plumet into icy cold water from a greath height never come back, right?  :) 

Karasu

Muse

I'm tenatively capping this group now with the following: 

Autocad
Dark Prince
Chulanowa
Faeli
In Darkest Knight
Karasu
Kimmy (She spoke to me in about it in skype.) 
Muse
Zaer Darkwail

Chime in if you want a spot on teh waiting list.  Starting OOC type threads now. 

indarkestknight

Fair enough. Back to the drawing board, I suppose.

(I am a little confused, as it appears Zaer's character is ECL 5 and Karasu's is ECL 7).

Per FR rules regarding divine magic, are Oracles required to specify a patron god they receive their divine magic from?

Muse

*blinks* 

Did I leave you off of the list, Darkest?  My bad. 

*Uses the Scorpion move to drag Darkest into the game.*  "Get over here!" 

And again my bad.  ECL 3 for half dragons.  ^_^;; 

Zaer Darkwail

What language Iorthir would have for being native from Great Glacier? Great Glacier is further north than Amn is (but fine if he picked up chondathan as part his merc career as he did merc jobs further south).

Muse

No, Darkest, you're on my list.  It's Autocad who was supposed to be on the list but isn't.  Ack! 

"Get over here!"  *Edits* 

Zaer: Your starting langueges would be Common, Damaran, and Elven. 

indarkestknight

Eheh, yes, I was on the list. I meant back to the drawing board in terms of character concept, since it sounds like an orc prince of Many Arrows wouldn't fit your vision of the political landscape of the North very well.

TheSithChicken

So Amn is where the campaign will begin? And thanks for the backstory! It helped clear up quite a few lingering questioms I had. Now... what to make?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, Kree as our protagonist is sorceress but she has bit muscle and skill to use her spear around (and breath attack), so long run perhaps become hybrid of melee and offensive caster. Iorthir (my char) is figther with shield and big sword and with big attitude/presence also with +16 intimidate checks (and faster than anyone probably with +9 Ini score and he can rage like barbarian so he is solid front line aggressive tank).

Muse

Muse

[url-https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AMDIbMIBQQGcdGafc5oeEc8ZN8yKn7N59C_GTbBmeEI/edit]Risti[/url] is a Psion (a nomad.)  She's mostly a lythe, agile manister right now, but will become more phsycialy formidable as we advance.  (She's to become an ellocator. 

Karasu

Rolls to be filled would be a healing type, supportive casters.. or things liek bards or summoners.. really enjoy yourself and make whatever you feel ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Plus skill monkey albeit with 36 point buy and with background skills (if approved, still waiting Muse to give thumbs up or down for this officially) would have lots skills.

TheSithChicken

I'm considering a Mindchemist Alchemist for artillery/bardic lore type things but I am not sure yet. Part of me still wants to make a Gunslinger since I'm never allowed to do that and other parts just keeping shouting ideas at me like a horde of schizophrenic howler monkies.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Muse on January 30, 2016, 09:51:21 AM
[url-https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AMDIbMIBQQGcdGafc5oeEc8ZN8yKn7N59C_GTbBmeEI/edit]Risti[/url] is a Psion (a nomad.)  She's mostly a lythe, agile manister right now, but will become more phsycialy formidable as we advance.  (She's to become an ellocator.

You're gonna need to give people permission to view that, Muse. As is, we can't see her.  :P

Autocad

Claiming the mounted halfling of Amn spot!

The question remains: paladin or cavalier? Hmm... feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

Zaer Darkwail

I myself would vote for paladin because paladin has lay of hands feature which is very useful means to heal/recover people after and during fights. Also overall class features in paladin appear more juicy/inviting than cavalier. But if want focus pure physical damage and skill as rider then cavalier is better choice.

indarkestknight

I'm leaning toward a summoner, possibly a master summoner. Child of a native of Amn and a Red Wizard of Thay participating in the local enclave & general mercantile enterprise.

Muse

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 30, 2016, 09:54:31 AM
Plus skill monkey albeit with 36 point buy and with background skills (if approved, still waiting Muse to give thumbs up or down for this officially) would have lots skills.

Background skills are officially in the game.  2/level. 

Muse

Quote from: DarkPrince on January 30, 2016, 10:01:52 AM
I'm considering a Mindchemist Alchemist for artillery/bardic lore type things but I am not sure yet. Part of me still wants to make a Gunslinger since I'm never allowed to do that and other parts just keeping shouting ideas at me like a horde of schizophrenic howler monkies.

:)  Honestly, may I sugest a gunslinger character?  Perhaps a temple gaurd in the church of Gond on extended leave?  :) 

Muse

Muse

Oh, yes! 

If Kimmy plays a half dragon cleric and you play a halfling paladin we'll be doing VERY nicely for healing. 

Karasu

oh Kimmy's playing a half-dragon too? ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Risti looks interesting :). Indeed if we got half-dragon cleric and halfling paladin, then we got all healing/cures covered. Also paladin can help share front line with my char (albeit I think paladin is more skirmish short; hit and run with spirit charge while my guy tries hold ground).

Karasu

indarkestknight

That sword dancer domain looks pretty sweet.

TheSithChicken

Quote from: Muse on January 30, 2016, 11:43:27 AM
:)  Honestly, may I sugest a gunslinger character?  Perhaps a temple gaurd in the church of Gond on extended leave?  :)

Let it never be said that I refuse such a generously offered suggestion. ;-)

Karasu

Admit it muse you just wanted to play with some Gun toting hero :P

TheSithChicken

To be fair I was going to be a gun toting alchemist originally. There was always going to be a gun toting hero.

Karasu

Chulanowa

Now I just gotta figure out what I'm gonna do. Hmmm

Muse

Well, a gunsligner should know alchemy.  :)  Helps with the smoek powder. 

TheSithChicken

Still trying to come up with a Gunslinger but let me share the Alchemist I came up with and see if he would fill your needs.

Valentius Basilius Ortalones Beroalde, the First

Thayan, Half-elf, male, 6'3", 145lbs, white shoulder length hair, white skin, red eyes

Alchemist (Mindchemist) 6 with Amateur Gunslinger

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Valentius is the son of an elven slave and a Thayan who's name he bears. Ortalones. He was raised in the gray area between slave and son of Thay. Used as a lab assistant in his transmuter father's laboratory he learned much by observation. Much of alchemy and of cruelty as his father tested alchemical concoctions on him. It was this that robbed him of his color and - eventually - his mother.

And it was this trait that enabled his escape. Switch a chemical while assisting and let the experiment blow up in his father's face. Literally. He did not know the purpose of the experiment - some work with a northern wyrm - but he knew it was volatile and encouraged its nature. The ensuing chaos covered his break.

He drifted from place to place plying his intelligence as a trade. It was in Amn that he met someone who would turn his life around. A priest of Gond named Karalis who took him back to the temple. With the temple's resources at his disposal his fragmented knowledge of alchemy and science became an overriding passion when combined his desire to surpass his father. It was here that he learned his love of mind altering chemicals and gunpowder.

Valentius began adventuring to test his inventions - and to acquire rare ingredients. Then he found his boundless curiosity drove him to new places and to experience new things. Now the tortured once slave is a wild eyed genius with gun and alchemy and an insatiable lust for knowledge. A destructive force of creation on loan from the temple of Gond.

I am sure the world thanks them for their generosity.

Autocad

So here's my character concept:

A halfling ram-rider who patrols the borders of Amn. The youngest child in a large and poor halfling family, she was given up to the temple of Yondalla at a tender age. Energetic and spirited, lacking the patience and wisdom needed of a cleric, she was trained in the martial ways of a paladin instead (the priests also thought that the discipline of that path would do her some good, and they were right).

After coming of age, a little more mature (just a little) and still as lively as ever, she faced a major conundrum: Amn was prosperous and peaceful for the most part, with a notable lack of evil to smite. So she joined up with the border guard, patrolling the borders of Amn on her loyal ram companion and steed.

After hearing about the City Rapid Icing Entity, or CRIE, who had frozen an entire town in northern Calimshan and was now rumoured to be in Amn, she decided to seek CRIE out. It wasn't for the bounty, but rather to find out more about CRIE and prevent a similar icy fate from befalling the homes she watched over.

And did I mention she rides a ram? SO KAWAII!

Karasu

TheSithChicken

Got to agree with the others. The halfling rocks, Autocad.

Zaer Darkwail

I agree also, is the ram called Ramalot?

Autocad

Muse

Quote from: DarkPrince on January 30, 2016, 08:03:10 PM
Still trying to come up with a Gunslinger but let me share the Alchemist I came up with and see if he would fill your needs.

Valentius Basilius Ortalones Beroalde, the First

Thayan, Half-elf, male, 6'3", 145lbs, white shoulder length hair, white skin, red eyes

Alchemist (Mindchemist) 6 with Amateur Gunslinger

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Valentius is the son of an elven slave and a Thayan who's name he bears. Ortalones. He was raised in the gray area between slave and son of Thay. Used as a lab assistant in his transmuter father's laboratory he learned much by observation. Much of alchemy and of cruelty as his father tested alchemical concoctions on him. It was this that robbed him of his color and - eventually - his mother.

And it was this trait that enabled his escape. Switch a chemical while assisting and let the experiment blow up in his father's face. Literally. He did not know the purpose of the experiment - some work with a northern wyrm - but he knew it was volatile and encouraged its nature. The ensuing chaos covered his break.

He drifted from place to place plying his intelligence as a trade. It was in Amn that he met someone who would turn his life around. A priest of Gond named Karalis who took him back to the temple. With the temple's resources at his disposal his fragmented knowledge of alchemy and science became an overriding passion when combined his desire to surpass his father. It was here that he learned his love of mind altering chemicals and gunpowder.

Valentius began adventuring to test his inventions - and to acquire rare ingredients. Then he found his boundless curiosity drove him to new places and to experience new things. Now the tortured once slave is a wild eyed genius with gun and alchemy and an insatiable lust for knowledge. A destructive force of creation on loan from the temple of Gond.

I am sure the world thanks them for their generosity.

I think he'd work pretty well, Prince.  :) 

Muse

Quote from: Autocad on January 30, 2016, 08:31:00 PM
So here's my character concept:

A halfling ram-rider who patrols the borders of Amn. The youngest child in a large and poor halfling family, she was given up to the temple of Yondalla at a tender age. Energetic and spirited, lacking the patience and wisdom needed of a cleric, she was trained in the martial ways of a paladin instead (the priests also thought that the discipline of that path would do her some good, and they were right).

After coming of age, a little more mature (just a little) and still as lively as ever, she faced a major conundrum: Amn was prosperous and peaceful for the most part, with a notable lack of evil to smite. So she joined up with the border guard, patrolling the borders of Amn on her loyal ram companion and steed.

After hearing about the City Rapid Icing Entity, or CRIE, who had frozen an entire town in northern Calimshan and was now rumoured to be in Amn, she decided to seek CRIE out. It wasn't for the bounty, but rather to find out more about CRIE and prevent a similar icy fate from befalling the homes she watched over.

And did I mention she rides a ram? SO KAWAII!

*aplauds* 

I love her all to death!  She's perfect!  :) 

Faeli

I also has a concept!

Mallory Sind
Human Witch

Growing up amid an isolated Coven within the Snakewood, Mallory grew up with very little understanding of civilization.  For the first sixteen years of her life, this was absolutely fine as Mallory didn't ever venture outside of the woods and had no need of understanding civilization.  Unfortunately, shortly after her sixteenth birthday, Mallory caught her boyfriend under the willowbark with Sabrina Ambertongue and stormed out of the Sacred Grove.

She hadn't really meant to leave, but by the time she finished being mad, she realized she had little-to-know idea precisely where she was and even less of an idea how to get back to the Coven.  She sat in confusion for some time, but eventually hunger pangs drove her to seek out people.  She hadn't ever really talked to non-witches before, but she soon found out that the magically inept populace proved surprisingly amiable to charm incantations and, once charmed, were equally amiable to giving her tasty things.

This went on for quite awhile until, in her travels, she unknowingly passed the borders of Amn and, once she did, very quickly found herself accosted by the Cowled Wizards for unsanctioned use of magic and, equally quickly, found herself in a room with a door that didn't seem to work very well.  This was an awfully confusing time, with words like "tried" being tossed around, but without anyone apparently interested in letting her keep trying, but eventually the secretive jurors agreed that the fledgling witch could make someone a better apprentice than a cell-ornament and Mallory found herself wisked away from Spellhold and planted in indentured servitude.

The apprenticeship wasn't all that bad.  Master Gavlin didn't beat her all that often and did a whole lot to refine her craft.  Unfortunately, while the experience could have been significantly worse, it also wasn't all that good.  Master Gavlin was a wizard and simply couldn't understand how to train a witch.  He was consistently frustrated by her inability to read magic and bamboozled by many of the more esoteric parts of her craft.  After several months of abortive tutorship, eventually the two of them mutually began ignoring one another, with Gavlin's only standing order was that she "Dress like a witch" so no one would confuse her with someone actually learned in anything relevant.

And that was her life until very recently.  Whenever news of the abrupt and explainationless freeze in one of the nearby towns, Gavlin immediately decided they needed to investigate and so the duo immediately set out across the arid expanse.  They made good time but, unfortunately, the mass exodus from the frozen city had attracted more than a few Bandits and it wasn't too far outside of town that the two were stopped by a trio of unsavory men.  Gavlin scoffed at their boorish attempts to rob him.  Then Gavlin reduced them to ash.  Then Gavlin rather remarkably sprouted several arrows.  Then Gavlin began causing all the nearby foliage to alight.  Then Mallory wasn't sure what was happening because she was too busy running away.

In the end, Mallory made it to the city in question.  She thought about simply wandering off to find her own adventure but she was worried the Cowled Wizards might come after her again if she didn't do what Gavlin had told her to do... all she could really hope for was to find someone who had a better idea of what was going on than she did and just follow their lead until she had a better understanding of how things worked when you weren't an involuntary servant.

TheSithChicken

Quote from: Muse on January 31, 2016, 03:09:04 AM
I think he'd work pretty well, Prince.  :)

Good to know. I'll work him up tomorrow then. I tried to give him something you could use to tie him into the overall plot (his father's work with the northern wyrm) and build in a why he would go investigating without being a bounty hunter (the whole boundless curiosity thing). I was also wondering how you feel about him being Chaotic Neutral? Now I don't use CN as carte blanche to do whatever I want or to betray the party. CN does not mean friendless asshole in my book. It's meant more to represent his heedless experimentation and arrogance. He's a mad scientist.

But if you are a GM who isn't fond of CN I will fully understand and shift him seemlessly towards easier to deal with alignments. He just seems CN to me.

Muse

Quote from: DarkPrince on January 31, 2016, 03:30:06 AM
Good to know. I'll work him up tomorrow then. I tried to give him something you could use to tie him into the overall plot (his father's work with the northern wyrm) and build in a why he would go investigating without being a bounty hunter (the whole boundless curiosity thing). I was also wondering how you feel about him being Chaotic Neutral? Now I don't use CN as carte blanche to do whatever I want or to betray the party. CN does not mean friendless asshole in my book. It's meant more to represent his heedless experimentation and arrogance. He's a mad scientist.

But if you are a GM who isn't fond of CN I will fully understand and shift him seemlessly towards easier to deal with alignments. He just seems CN to me.

I'm not particularly fond of chaotic neutral, no.  ^_^;; 

But given the concept, maybe you could say, "Chaotic Neutral with Good Tendencies?" 

Faeli:  I love the concept.  (And she's so deliciously inocent.) 

Maybe instead of having the whole world cross the border and descend in mass upon a village where a few young thugs were frozen into blocks of ice, Theodred could just show up and buy your indenture?  :) 

Autocad

TheSithChicken

Quote from: Muse on January 31, 2016, 03:36:10 AM
  I'm not particularly fond of chaotic neutral, no.  ^_^;; 

But given the concept, maybe you could say, "Chaotic Neutral with Good Tendencies?" 

Of course. Then we could play out him growing into actual being a good man. Sort of the Sherlock Holmes "I believe he is a great man and some day I hope he may even be a good one" kind of thing. That's always a strong thread for a character. Make some friends, grow up, blow up several acres of Faerun playing hero... good times.

Faeli

Quote from: Muse on January 31, 2016, 03:36:10 AM
  Faeli:  I love the concept.  (And she's so deliciously inocent.) 

Maybe instead of having the whole world cross the border and descend in mass upon a village where a few young thugs were frozen into blocks of ice, Theodred could just show up and buy your indenture?  :)

Works for me! 

Muse

Wootness all around.  :) 

Did everyone get the OOC and Game Info thread? 

indarkestknight

How regularly should we expect downtime for crafting? Will retraining be allowed?

Part of why I'm curious is that I'm considering taking Summon Guardian Spirit but what may be a strong choice for a Guardian Spirit at this level may not be such a good choice later on.

Muse

Quote from: Autocad on January 31, 2016, 03:55:43 AM
Bump?

Sorry, 2 traits is correct. 

With up to 2 more from flaws.  (is it standard to allow 2 flaws?) 

Faeli

Quote from: Muse on January 31, 2016, 03:53:39 AM
Wootness all around.  :) 

Did everyone get the OOC and Game Info thread?
I didn't, and I just reviewed the last two pages and STILL didn't see it.  Halp!  Blinds!

Muse

Quote from: indarkestknight on January 31, 2016, 04:00:30 AM
How regularly should we expect downtime for crafting? Will retraining be allowed?

Part of why I'm curious is that I'm considering taking Summon Guardian Spirit but what may be a strong choice for a Guardian Spirit at this level may not be such a good choice later on.

A certain degree of down time for crafting and retraining should be avaialble. 

It looks like you don't actualy have to use the retraining mechanc to upgrade that feat?  But it still takes some time. 

Quote from: Faeli on January 31, 2016, 04:12:30 AM
I didn't, and I just reviewed the last two pages and STILL didn't see it.  Halp!  Blinds!

let me find those links:

Muse

TheSithChicken

Question: Are racial substitutions allowed?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: DarkPrince on January 31, 2016, 04:18:33 AM

I think they are so long they are not from the banned source.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Muse on January 31, 2016, 04:14:43 AM
A certain degree of down time for crafting and retraining should be avaialble. 

It looks like you don't actualy have to use the retraining mechanc to upgrade that feat?  But it still takes some time. 

I mean, say, switching from a guardian spirit earth elemental to a guardian spirit air mephit.

Karasu

I think that'd take soem time but be possible maybe?

Muse

Quote from: DarkPrince on January 31, 2016, 04:18:33 AM

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 31, 2016, 04:35:09 AM
I think they are so long they are not from the banned source.

Exactly.  :)

Chulanowa

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 31, 2016, 06:15:40 AM
..>What's the banned source?

Check the first post :P

But truth told it's just that only allowed third party material is from Dreamscarred press Psionics, so in short all racial substitutes from there and from core is allowed.

Muse

Precisely. 

And if you propose a custom trait to me--especialy one justified by Forgotten Reams lore, you'll likelty get my okay on it.

indarkestknight

It may be worth pointing out to anyone still undecided on what they'd like to play that presently we have a total and complete lack of trapfinding.cough rogue cough nudge rogue nudge  :P

More seriously, our straits aren't that dire, considering my summoner could always send one of his minions ahead to scout...

Muse

I'm not sure what trap finding does in pathfinder besides givie a nice bonus?  If our alchemist chooses to max Disable DEvice and Percpetion, acn'at he handle it? 

Edit:  PArdon my spelling.  The sun just rose.  it's time to get some sleep.

Karasu

He more means that rogues get Trapfinding as a special ability. And remember, one can always dip into such things.