Citadel of Winter [D&D Play By Post]

Started by Karasu, January 29, 2016, 05:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karasu

Dragons abound!

Run by the ever talented Muse, this is a tale about one group of adventurers, in their journey to either save the world, or doom it to dragon lordship. In this tale of Half-dragon girl and her party's journey to defeat or join the Evil Eztazon Boraztrix Blanc, a vicious White Great Wrym lord who seeks to dominate the other dragon clans and enslave other species.

This my lords and ladies, is war for the fate of the world!

Prelude: Citadel of Winter Warning tags: Rape in one section.

Character Creation!
[If you want a prelude to happen, Either myself or Muse might be able to acommodate! Especially if said prelude involves Eztazon's White clan!]
Open to 3 or 4 other players
Lvl 6 (ONLY if you do not take the half-dragon template!)
Pathfinder
Point buy your abilitiy scores: 36
Reroll ones for hit points.
the only Third party allowed is Dreamscarred press Psionics
Half-Dragons are allowed, *though Muse and I would like to have an explanation as to who your character's parents are and how you came to be as this is very uncommon*
Forgotton realms is your setting!

Limitations:
Gunslingers exsist! However by default, you are a member of, or have a contract with, the Church of Gond.

Things not allowed:

OOC Drama! I will not tolerate it!

Basicly this is my return to E after so very long of a Hiatus due to RL Bull Shittery!
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Karasu

Characters:

Kree Silverwing: Half-Silver Dragon Sorcerer (Crossblooded Draconic/Stormborn) - Played by Me!

Iorthir Icesong the Half-Born: Half-elf Viking Fighter - Played by Zaer!

Muse

Thank you Karasu! 

It'll be a great pleasure to revive this plot after a long time away. 

I think Karasu covered the high points.  Please work wtih me to get our stories to fit the setting. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheSithChicken

Color me interested but I have a few questions.

First is that the Half-Dragon template is really potent. Will there be any balancing mechanic with players that don't take that template? Possibility of another template, more potent base race, etc.

Second is what version of the Forgotten Realms are you going with? Pre-Spellplague or post?

Third is what kind of sexual content could I expect? I only ask this because it's Elliquiy.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I apply in with same char concept as I have tried for while now :P. Far too cool concept (for me) to drop off. Anycase your okay with flaws and the background skills (meaning you get extra skill points to spend for 'background' skills like craft, profession etc). Also I know FR lore quite well, there is snow elf lore where Iorthir background will fit in (in regards northern living elves).

Name: Iorthir Icesong the Half-Born
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Figther (Viking archtype) 5
Backstory:
Wall of text warning
Iorthir was born twenty five years ago to a elven warrioress Elestra Icesong, a snow elf. Elestra had been captured by human hunters in Great Glacier while she had been hunting, she was brought as a 'trophy' from the hunt to local human barbarian chieftain who then proceedingly raped her and kept her as prisoner. She was raped over and over again but she remained unbroken, then she was rescued by her tribe from the human tribe, a bloody battle where snow elves decimated the human tribe to last man and child and brought her back home to the north but she was deeply in pregnancy by this point. There was no way safely stop the pregnancy so she had to carry through it. However her harsh treatment by the humans along with pregancy made her body weak and she caught sickness which weakened her body further with fever and she died while giving birth to Iorthir.

Now, Elestra's family saw the half-breed nothing more than disgusting reminder of Elestra's treatment and not part of their tribe, born outsider. So following customs of their people how they treat infants which are born with defects is just carry child into frozen wilds and placed there to die and devoured by whatever happens come across the newborn child. However quirk of fate pack of wolves moved into area and heard cries of newborn baby, in the pack there was female wolf which had lost all pups recently on disease which had infested on their earlier den and mother instincts kicked in and the female wolf then started take care of the half-elf baby and nurse it and rest pack followed in suit and adopted the weird child as their own.

Eight years later a local aged snow elf hunter Jalik 'Strider' Frostbranch heard rumors about a 'wolfman' in the great Glacier, spotted by some local hunters running with pack of wolves. Suspecting a werewolf Jalik started track the wolf pack and seek slay the werewolf before further trouble arises from such. However he was surprised as he tracked the pack and got closer look on the wolfman to see it was a half-elf child....living and communing with wolves like one pack members and hunting alongside with them! Jalik was unusual for snow elf as he had chosen Mielikki as deity which he revers to and thus it made him to make hard decision and decided he has to capture the wolfman, as a half-elf child's natural place is not in the wolfpack. Albeit it's weird miracle itself but he knows this is not natural as child was different species than the wolves around it.

So, Jalik hunted the child but now different purpose, he manages lure child onto trap after a day and then drag child on his cabin and start a very long process taming the child. He himself dislike the term but that very much was it; as child was feral and completely like a wolf. So it took good two years of patience and daily interaction before child was anyway presentable shape to talk, use tools, wear clothes and understand most concepts like other humanoids do than animals. Jalik named child as Iorthir, which is for elven 'wolf born'. However he also asked around had anyone lost half-elven children around the snow elf tribes and so far none came up.....expect until he came across Icesong tribe who told one their own had given birth of one but they had thrown the child into frozen wastelands....which to Jalik was monstrous deed for innocent child but tribe was adamant on their judgement call and it been rigth one. The tribe elder was shocked to learn the child which they had thought dead long gone along with mother had actually survived! In all alone frozen wasteland none the less!

This caused uproar especially amongst Eleste's close family, especially on her brother who swore to kill the bastard but elders forbid it; as customs and signs are clear if child survived on it's own without aid of the tribe in the glaciers as newborn (even if taken care by wolves), the child is considered part of the tribe by sheer act of preservence and sign of the ancestors to accept the child in. So Jalik introduced Iorthir to his relatives....and overall things did not go very well at all as he lived amongst them. As Iorthir was bullied, mistreated and called 'half-born' daily basis. Iorthir was unhappy and wanted live with Jalik than with his people (or back in wolf pack). However Jalik was firm in keeping Iorthir on the tribe where he truly belonged but he promised visit Iorthir regularly to check up on him and take him on hunting trips. Which he did and where Iorthir learned basics of woodsman craft.

Thanks being bullied Iorthir made no friends from the tribe, only elders were neutral but even they viewed him as 'lesser' than pureblood members of the tribe. So not much was expected from him. Iorthir listened and heard about tribal hunters and warriors and he sought mentor for himself but all potential candidates to teach him laughed on him and dismissed him. However warriors of the tribe gained recogniction in the tribe and much respect, naturally tribe's own warriors were highly praised but they gave praises for select few non-elven warriors as well whenever encountered and given honorifics.....so Iorthir saw becoming a warrior only way to gain acceptance in the tribe!

So, without mentor he started to train and work hard, just himself. He stole worn wooden spear and started practice outside tribes den alone, recall how he had hunt with the wolf pack and started adopt their tactics and methods for his movements and attacks which carry a ferocious power. This lasted for several years until he reached age of fiftheen, a age where he could undertake rites of adulthood and considered as adult by tribes standards by joining on hunt with rest of the tribe and devour heart of animal to prove himself. However his request was denied, as he had no parents then only his closest male relative, his uncle, would be able vouch for him to get approval for the hunt. But as uncle still hated the half-breed, hated what humans had done to his precious sister, he spitefully denied Iorthir no chance to get recognized adult and planned him always considered as a child. A worthless child at that.

This angered Iorthir and he ran off, stealing some hide armor, spear and supplies he then set out from the tribe and started travel in the world. To seek prove to his tribe he is something worth to talk about and recognized fully as adult by tribe's standards! Since then he has recklesly ran into conflicts as a hired spear, learning along way from more experienced warriors from other cultures and lands the tricks of the trade, brush up and update his skills (and most of all; learn to read). He grew into a fearsome warrior in battle, learning use brute strenght, fierceness and intimidation as tools to fare in battle. Although he had got little to no acceptance from his own people in youth he found more than plenty acceptance from other races who appreciated his skills with the blade and shield. Along his travels he rescued a dwarven priest of Moradin who was also gifted smith, as reward saving his life he forged Skyfire, a excellent bastard sword which steely surface shines like northern skyfires during coldest of nights in his homeland. A blade worthy of a legend or a good story.

One most peculiar case during his years was that he fell in love for a jeweler, a half-elf called Janessa. Iorthir and Janessa came different backgrounds, Janessa was born to half-elf parents and had lived in cities most of her life while Iorthir came from a fearsome snow elf tribes from middle of frozen wilderness and raised by wolves. But despite differences they connected and she helped him great deal to get accept that him to try become part of a tribe which hates him is not a good idea or that tribe was not worthy of him. She was also one who tempted Iorthir to settle down, live in city with her and become a weaponsmith. Iorthir at first dismissed this thought but over three years dating her, sharing nights of passion and her charm started gnaw the heart of the warrior to consider put down his sword Skyfire on fireplace decoration and become a weaponsmith and give up on his dreams of greatness being a warrior sung across the north.

But seems fate will not have his road go that way, instead after coming from tavern meeting local friends he gets to home where Janessa was living in...her shop broken in and her lay bloodied in floor as whatever broke in had slaugthered her like a sheep with a clawed hands! Iorthir went mad with sadness and mourning and he attended her funeral along with her family, even if not married to her yet he was counted already part of the family by her side. He investigated the crime scene and only thing stolen was peculiar bracelet which she had purchased from shady traveler and he tracked down where traveler had went to; he had got clues where the seller of the bracer had went to and he is tracking him down to beat some answers out from him.....what hell exact for Janessa died!

Eventually Iorthir tracked the shady fellow and learned the shady fellow had been a thief who had looted from dragon's hoard in far north....from hoard of Eztazon Boraztrix Blanc, a white dragon with far too long name for itself and without doubt that dragon's agent had came to retrieve the bracelet! So thus after shanking the thief and tossing body to frozen lake he sets out to hunt the big white itself.....to seek revenge for lost love and give dragon a lesson being too greedy!

Muse

Quote from: DarkPrince on January 29, 2016, 08:30:55 AM

First is that the Half-Dragon template is really potent. Will there be any balancing mechanic with players that don't take that template? Possibility of another template, more potent base race, etc.

Second is what version of the Forgotten Realms are you going with? Pre-Spellplague or post?

Third is what kind of sexual content could I expect? I only ask this because it's Elliquiy.

Only that she gives up two level of sorceress for a little extra muscle.  If she were doing a more physical combat oriented class I'd think it wasn't so well ballanced. 

Spell splage?  What's that?  Oh, you mean the Nightmare?  We all woke up from that and discovered that the gods handn't all been murdered.  (Hundred year long nightmare.  I'd think Shar was laughing her shapely rear off over how much suffering she could squeeze into a single night's sleep, but if she'd really caused the ngihtmare she wouldn't have included herself in the deicide, would she?) 

Sexual content:  Depends on what people will have the most fun with.  There will be NC content in the story--allleady has been with the prelude Karasu and i played out last year--but it doesn't have to happen to a character who's not interested. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheSithChicken

Alright. Soumds good. I am moving today so it might be late tonight or tomorrow before I can get an actual idea to you.

Zaer Darkwail

Muse, is my char background okay? Even if it's bit wordy and is sheet okay as well? I know I made 6th level char to 5th level so there may be transition mistakes here and there :P.

Muse

I like the background a goood deal.  Hadn't read it 'til now.  About to get some sleep. 

Karasu

Quote from: DarkPrince on January 29, 2016, 08:30:55 AM

Quote from: Muse on January 29, 2016, 09:27:24 AM
Only that she gives up two level of sorceress for a little extra muscle.  If she were doing a more physical combat oriented class I'd think it wasn't so well ballanced. 

Spell splage?  What's that?  Oh, you mean the Nightmare?  We all woke up from that and discovered that the gods handn't all been murdered.  (Hundred year long nightmare.  I'd think Shar was laughing her shapely rear off over how much suffering she could squeeze into a single night's sleep, but if she'd really caused the ngihtmare she wouldn't have included herself in the deicide, would she?) 

Sexual content:  Depends on what people will have the most fun with.  There will be NC content in the story--allleady has been with the prelude Karasu and i played out last year--but it doesn't have to happen to a character who's not interested. 

Spell plague seems reallllly familiar..

Yea, Kree has spell muscle, and has some dragon awesomeness to her that's true, but she'll be two levels behidn the rest of you, so Otherwise I think we could balance pretty easily with mobs maybe she can't touch or something like that XD

Karasu

Also nice looking Zaer!

Is he half elf/ half human? Or somethign else flavor text wise? And I am curious if he would be from the same clan Kree's mother was,  or a different clan entirely.. XD

Karasu

New Edit to the rules! Please double check adn make sure your interested still ^^ We still have 2-3 open spots ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Karasu on January 29, 2016, 11:08:48 AM
Also nice looking Zaer!

Is he half elf/ half human? Or somethign else flavor text wise? And I am curious if he would be from the same clan Kree's mother was,  or a different clan entirely.. XD

Thanks :). Iorthir is half-snow elf (so half-elf basically). I did give link in my charsheet post for the snow elf lore but summary is that snow elves are cousins of wild elves found elsewhere but by circumstance in history a group of wild elves were driven to far north to escape genocide and by thanks harshness of their environment they became much more tribal and more savage than regular elves; they use hides, bones and rocks as weapons. They have shamanistic chieftain based tribes who are xenophobic vs everyone else and highly territorial/aggressive vs anyone coming to their territory and also they have no sense for art, dancing or 'hobbies' and focus entirely on survival, only beauty or appreciation to it comes intricated details in their religious rituals.

They are sort hermit sub-group of wild elves which even amongst elves are not known much about and they have their own elven dialects and are mostly at large illiterate (all knowlegde is passed by oral traditions). So Iorthir overall has grown up in very savage place, but he had got lots refinement thanks him leaving his tribe behind and went to outside tribe to get recogniction (as he could not work with other snow elf clans as they are aggressive even to each other). So not sure would he come from same clan or not like your char but I doubt it :P.

Karasu

PPerfectly fine and that's wonderous! So he might have heard fo the White dragon clan perhaps! He could have lost someone to those dragons?

You can hash taht out with Muse XD

Otherwise, WEEEE ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if you read my background the white dragon clan may (or is) involved in killing his beloved half-elf girl which he planned to marry and settle down with. He is pretty much angry about it :P

Karasu

Chulanowa

So at th core this is a rootin' tootin dragon fightin' campaign?  :D

And from the sound of it... set in Forgotten realms? Can I play a completely original character, he's a drow ranger / bloodrager who dual-weilds kukris and is named Drixxy. heh as a very large housecat named gwenstefani and I made this all up myself becuase I'm original and love Forgotten Realms!

...Y'know what, maybe I'll work on somethingelse  ;D

Karasu

awesome ^^ Come up with a character and see if we like it ^^

And yea pretty much XD We can either join the dragons, fight agaisnt them, or join the better dragons :P

Chulanowa

...Someday, someone will run an honest-to-got pathfinderized Dragonlance campaign, and then I'll strip naked and throw all my money at them.

Karasu

meh, not enough dragons in Dragonlance XD

Muse

It pathfinder?  Don't be silly, the dragons are way too tiny to represent the dragons in advanced dungeons and dragons.  :) 

Faeli

Color me interested as well, though my posting schedule is a bit harried at the moment.  How many posts per week might one require?

Karasu

If no one's counting on you to post, I'd say post when you have anything to actually post or when you can. I know scheules can get weird.. XD

Faeli

Alright, I can definately get 2 - 3 out a week, but some games expect like 5 and I boggle.  I will get a character thrown together on Sunday most like.  If you two like it, maybe you can bring me along for the funs?  ^_^

Karasu

If you wanan join go for it! If your not sure of a character yet, or want to play a more minor role, you can always play Braal, the crystal hatchling that Kree saved from the Citadel of Winter. ^^