News:

Main Menu

Anime

Started by Null, December 15, 2013, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haruki

Speaking of FMA: Brotherhood, if you want to own to watch it again, better do so soon. Aniplex owns both FMA and FMA: Brotherhood (and all spin-off movies related to them) and are taking at least FMA: Brotherhood back.  If they re-issue it themselves, it'll most likely be at a higher price.  They've always owned the license, FUNimation just was contracted to dub and distribute it back when Aniplex didn't have a U.S. subsidiary.  Well now they do, so.....bye bye to any sub-licenses held by other distributors.  Baccano was also amongst these.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

mellowdude

Quote from: Fabs on February 04, 2016, 02:09:22 PM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I have to admit that when I first watched his death in the original series, it made me cry (I feel slightly ashamed, but couldn't really help it. I'm a bit sensitive I guess. On the other hand, when I saw the same scene in the Brotherhood series, it didn't affect me that much. That might have been because I had already watched it in the original series though. But I agree, they might have dedicated more time to it in the first series than in Brotherhood if I recall it correctly.
Yeah, expecting it to happen could've factored into it the second time. I was likewise devastated when it happened when I first saw it. Hughs was my favorite character and yeah, I'm fairly certain he got a lot more screen time in the first anime.

The first anime had a lot of nice moments and I'm glad I watched it even though Brotherhood was out at the time as well and I liked that one better overall.

Quote from: Haruki on February 04, 2016, 02:22:22 PM
Speaking of FMA: Brotherhood, if you want to own to watch it again, better do so soon. Aniplex owns both FMA and FMA: Brotherhood (and all spin-off movies related to them) and are taking at least FMA: Brotherhood back.  If they re-issue it themselves, it'll most likely be at a higher price.  They've always owned the license, FUNimation just was contracted to dub and distribute it back when Aniplex didn't have a U.S. subsidiary.  Well now they do, so.....bye bye to any sub-licenses held by other distributors.  Baccano was also amongst these.
Good to know. Thanks :)

Eternal Eternity

Quote from: Haruki on February 04, 2016, 02:22:22 PM

Thank you for the heads-up Haruki! Now you mentioned Baccano, I just remembered how awesome that anime was as well...I have to watch it again :3

Quote from: mellowdude on February 04, 2016, 02:36:13 PM
Yeah, expecting it to happen could've factored into it the second time. I was likewise devastated when it happened when I first saw it. Hughs was my favorite character and yeah, I'm fairly certain he got a lot more screen time in the first anime.

The first anime had a lot of nice moments and I'm glad I watched it even though Brotherhood was out at the time as well and I liked that one better overall.
Good to know. Thanks :)

People normally prefer Brotherhood over FMA as well. So I think I'm kind of weird in that aspect -.-' As I stated before though, both are totally awesome. Even the manga (I usually prefer anime) looks great to me :3

ChefofDreams

Has any one picked up seven deadly sins yet? Its pretty good story wise but the characters are to young for me.
Slowly it burns.

Sasquatch421

Let's see... At the moment I finished rewatching Witchblade and Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory. Now I'll probably get recaught up on Dragonball Super and Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans, before deciding what to watch next. Maybe it time for my annual Slayers marathon or perhaps it'll be Ranma 1/2?

Haruki

Quote from: ChefofDreams on February 10, 2016, 01:59:23 PM
Has any one picked up seven deadly sins yet? Its pretty good story wise but the characters are to young for me.

This is something that's been bugging me with anime for a good decade now.

There's a lot of good storylines out there and good characters in writing.

The character 'design' though........leaves so much to be desired.

If only the character designers weren't so fixated on making the characters look 'childish'.  At least in the 1970s-1990s, there was some variety to character design, and characters in their 20s/30s somewhat looked their age.

It's about the faces and eyes mainly.  I get it, anime is fantasy, and one can't push reality into fantasy too much.  But I look at characters in, say, Miyazaki or things by contemporaries like Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children, Summer Wars, etc), or more niche series based off light novels (Twelve Kingdoms, Saiunkoku, Spice & Wolf, etc), and they look at least somewhat believable and the characters connect better with a slightly older (late teens onward) audience, not just the tween to mid-teen set.

But DAMN, the round-ness, especially with males, .....I speak of their faces and the big 'doe eyes'.  I think that's perhaps the negative thing CLAMP brought to the anime table.  It works on child characters, but it's been seen too much even on characters in their teens / early 20s over the last decade.  It doesn't work anymore.  Maybe it does in Japan, but not here.

Then again, what do I know?  Guess I'm just a cranky old-fart of an anime fan.
=====
My Introduction
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====

kasper

Yo! What's up? I'm Kasper, reporting in for some anime chats!

It's hard to choose a favorite anime but FLCL held a special place in my heart and I really enjoyed Samurai Champloo. I'm a sucker for good music too and both series had phenomenal music!

Right now I'm re-watching Paranoia Agent and Gundam Wing.

I plan to start watching Tokyo Ghoul and finish watching Ping Pong the Animation and Durarara!!

I can't list everything I've watched but some that come to mind:
-Attack on Titan
-Puella Magi Madoka Magica
-Black Butler
-Big O
-Cowboy Bebop
-All Miyazaki films
-Pandora Hearts
-Kill La Kill
-Tekkonkinkreet
-Pyscho-Pass
-Space Dandy
-Does 50% Off count? It's hilarious!

I would like to watch some stuff with more horror or darker psychological themes. If anybody has any suggestions you should let me know!!!

thanks
kasper!

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

Sabby

A Netflix original, huh? Well, not really an anime fan, but Netflix Originals do tend to kick major ass.

Watched the whole season in one sitting. Really loved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAS2248t1HM

kasper

I love Ajin! I read the manga in like the span of two days and started watching the anime. Good stuff. Love the 'black ghosts' they're really neat.

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

Sabby

It's nice to something a little more grounded. Not a fan of crazy, overdesigned stuff with a main character screeching their head off. Actually, you don't see many sociopathic main characters, now that I think of it. They're usually villains.

TotesRider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU3ZDxkIi1Y

I'm a big fan of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Although when it comes to the anime I don't watch it a whole lot since I've read the manga all the way to the beginning of Steel Ball Run. But so far Diamond is Unbreakable looks to be a good adaptation. Kinda butthurt that they didn't use their usual Godlike CG in the OP, but the song is super catchy.

Outside of that i'm generally a fan of Shounen stuff. Like Toriko, LOVE One Piece and heard good things about Seven Deadly Sins. But my all time favorite anime is FLCL

Yukina

Quote from: TotesRider on April 15, 2016, 07:51:08 PM

I'm a big fan of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Although when it comes to the anime I don't watch it a whole lot since I've read the manga all the way to the beginning of Steel Ball Run. But so far Diamond is Unbreakable looks to be a good adaptation. Kinda butthurt that they didn't use their usual Godlike CG in the OP, but the song is super catchy.

Outside of that i'm generally a fan of Shounen stuff. Like Toriko, LOVE One Piece and heard good things about Seven Deadly Sins. But my all time favorite anime is FLCL

I presume you're looking forward to seasons 2 and 3 of FLCL as well? :)

TotesRider

Iiii dunno what to think... I wanna be excited...
I guess my feeling is Cautiously Optimistic

Yukina

Quote from: TotesRider on April 15, 2016, 08:28:30 PM
Iiii dunno what to think... I wanna be excited...
I guess my feeling is Cautiously Optimistic

Same here. At least, despite it being produced by a different company, the same writer and director are still at the reins. :)

Assassini

Recently watched KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! I've put a link there because I have absolutely no idea if it has made any major waves in the anime community.

I know that a LOT of people on the imageboard I frequent enjoyed it (hence why I watched it) but I don't know if that translates over into the rest of the world of people who regularly enjoy anime.

It was actually really quite amusing, definitely pretty funny to see some of the standard tropes of fantasy being teased a little bit. As always, Japanese humour tends mostly to fall flat for me, but there were a few good moments. I also think I'd agree that it can be pretty favourably compared to Sword Art Online, in that it has a vaguely similar premise but doesn't get derailed by a retarded romance plot. Definitely worth a watch in my opinion, especially as there are only a few episodes in the season.

Quote from: TotesRider on April 15, 2016, 07:51:08 PM

Can someone inform me if there is a specific order to watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

Like, I am about half-a-dozen episodes into the first series involving Jonathen Joestar and Dio Brando but when I had a look at the Wikipedia page I also saw that there was 6 OVAs, which I think predate the series. Should one go and watch them as well?

NicciKotor

Kuma Miko is the best thing this season. Basically a talking bear shares a shrine with a 14 year old shrine priestess since the village signed a contract with bears in the region. In exchange for not eating people the bears can talk and be bears without getting shot.

The premise is hilarious because the shrine priestess hates her life and the bear has the sort of street smarts a 60 year old sage has about the world. Where she wants to go to high school in the city and be "normal", but her only friend is a talking bear and she has literally no experience of the outside world. In one episode she spends the entire time trying to get to a clothings store as a quest from the bear, and she barely manages to pull it off. She is so technologically illiterate that she cannot operate a rice cooker while the bear is up to speed with technology.

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Revelation

Quote from: Assassini on April 17, 2016, 10:19:26 AM
Recently watched KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! I've put a link there because I have absolutely no idea if it has made any major waves in the anime community.

I know that a LOT of people on the imageboard I frequent enjoyed it (hence why I watched it) but I don't know if that translates over into the rest of the world of people who regularly enjoy anime.

It was actually really quite amusing, definitely pretty funny to see some of the standard tropes of fantasy being teased a little bit. As always, Japanese humour tends mostly to fall flat for me, but there were a few good moments. I also think I'd agree that it can be pretty favourably compared to Sword Art Online, in that it has a vaguely similar premise but doesn't get derailed by a retarded romance plot. Definitely worth a watch in my opinion, especially as there are only a few episodes in the season.

Can someone inform me if there is a specific order to watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

Like, I am about half-a-dozen episodes into the first series involving Jonathen Joestar and Dio Brando but when I had a look at the Wikipedia page I also saw that there was 6 OVAs, which I think predate the series. Should one go and watch them as well?

The OVA's are a prior adaptation of Part 3, stardust crusaders.

In short, the timeline for Jojo goes part 1>2>3>4>5>6, then there's a reboot of sorts where part 7 is the new beginning, leading into part 8.

The anime is only on to part 4, which is Diamond is unbreakable. Ignore the OVA's, the anime series does a better adaptation of part 3. I'd recommend the manga over either but if you're not into the manga, the anime is okay.

Nicci: Looks good, I think i'll check it out.

Haruki

Let's see what I've gotten through in the last few months.....reality has kept me away from here for a while, so pardon the long post.

As for TV series, I did a few re-watches, took in a new(er) series that started last October and wrapped in March, and finally got to watch a show in its English format whose first season I streamed back in 2012.  I also rewatched a few in the Ghibli filmography and got all caught up in general with their works.

As it's probably known here by now, I typically (both out of need and preference) watch anime with the English track on.  So I was ecstatic when a show that got little attention (frankly the animation of Season 1 killed it due to its odd 3d cel-shaded look, but it has a good story rooted in real-world history) during its streaming period, Kingdom, was going to be put out in full...both Seasons (2nd never got an official streamed broadcast), and a dub to boot.

The dub for that show though, I could tell it was done by perhaps the most well-known studio notorious for some of the most ear-bleedingly AWFUL dubs in anime.  FUNimation didn't use their own talent, instead farming it up north to Canada and their Blue Water Studios.  Now I'll grant, the reasons are obvious....it's a very niche show, it's nowhere the popularity of a Shonen Jump blockbuster, so corners had to be cut, and they DID give us the 2nd season on home video, which I didn't think would ever happen.  To be fair as well, not all the voices are bad.  Xin, Diao, the narrator, and some others whose names escape me, were just fine to me, but ugh, I was reminded how hard studios used to try to match lip-flap by compressing / stretching the recorded track, or shortening / lengthening silence....and how oftentimes it came out subpar and stiff.  One of the lead males in the series (in fact, a very important character), Zheng Ying (Ei Sei in Japanese)'s actor came off as unemtional and very stiff.  A crying shame!  :(  Yes he's a serious character with a serious job (unification of the states into the country of China), but that doesn't mean 'so stoic to the point of monotony with no emotive inflections in the voice'.  All I can suggest to anyone wanting to watch this one, just stick with the Japanese.  The last time I've had to 'thumbs down' a dub was with 'Crest of the Stars', and I'm quite a connoisseur with English recordings for anime.  Again just a shame, but I probably had my bar set way too high with this one.

Still a good show though and it got me to read up and watch some Youtube vids on the history of China, leading up to the Warring States period in which Kingdom is based around.

I then did a weeks' marathon (one or two a night) of some of the Ghibli catalog.  I did watch all the newer movies from 2006 onwards that I hadn't watched yet.  Tales from Earthsea, Arrietty, From Up on Poppy Hill, The Wind Rises (Miyazaki's last film as director), and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya (Isao Takahata's last as director).  The latter four were 'very' good films, both in the plots, direction and animation.  Kaguya used an animation style that at first, I thought I was going to hate.  Then as it told the old 'Bamboo Princess' Japanese folk tale, it completely made sense, and made it enjoyable.  Can't recommend that one enough.  Arrietty set itself up for 'sequels'....it's based off The Borrowers series of children's stories, but only the first one (of about four books I believe).  Too bad the studio is basically 'inactive' for now, unless they've started.  Poppy Hill I believe is going to wind up becoming a bit underrated / unnoticed.  It's a bit more modern (Set in early 1960s Japan prior to them hosting the Summer Olympics) and nowhere rooted in fantasy like other Ghibli Studio output.

The only story that seemed disjointed was Earthsea.  I love fantasy with a medieval bent, but even the author of the books was disappointed with the end result, so that tells you something.

All these movies have top-notch English tracks to them.  They were well mixed, even those that weren't released through Disney/Touchstone (they passed on a few, handing them to GKids / Universal-Comcast for theatrical release).

I have one left, When Marnie Was There.  Should get around to that at some point.

I've been streaming Utawarerumono: The False Faces on Crunchyroll (I have 3-4 episodes left), and also bought the Utawarerumono OAV series, which basically is just the 'break between arc' episodes that would have been part of the run in the original 2006 anime series if it were scheduled past its 26 episode run.  Basically filler that one would slot into the final 13 episodes.  Fanservice abound in those episodes, but it was a hoot watching old favorite characters (and their VAs, save for one) reprising their old roles nearly 8 years after the original run of DVDs, which I still own.

As for the new show, which already is licensed and sure to get a bilingual release (Sentai has the rights), this is an odd twist.  The characters 'look' younger, and where the first series was quite full of fantasy (both medieval-ish and sci-fi) twists and a colorful, enjoyable cast of characters, this new one though.....they throw on 8-10 episodes of fanservice during the character introducing arc here.  Thank goodness things start to get interesting into the latter half or I would have probably dropped this one like a lead rock into the Pacific.  I won't spoil things, but in short, the show's set itself up for a 'Season 2', due to all the buildup spent in The False Faces.  From what I've read online, there is a 3rd game to come out in the fall, so I guess it remains to be seen.

In the last week, I ran through an old favorite, Chobits, and I've started on its 'sort of tie in' prequel series, Angelic Layer...both part of the same story universe/locale.  Amazing how the former still holds up and is eerily relevant today, what with people falling more in love with their mobile devices rather than interacting with real people.  I'm sure that was not CLAMP's intent what with its fictional slant, but because the show is set (like so many anime set in Japan) in a modern-day Tokyo suburb, and does get into some serious plot material about love, loss, relationships and all their intricacies, my mind can't help but draw logical real-world parallels.  Scary stuff.  Thank goodness, Angelic Layer is a more positive, lighter-hearted show...it's CLAMPs try of the whole 'battling something-or-other' shows of the early '00s that were so popular.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Assassini

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 18, 2016, 04:12:43 AM
The OVA's are a prior adaptation of Part 3, stardust crusaders.

In short, the timeline for Jojo goes part 1>2>3>4>5>6, then there's a reboot of sorts where part 7 is the new beginning, leading into part 8.

The anime is only on to part 4, which is Diamond is unbreakable. Ignore the OVA's, the anime series does a better adaptation of part 3. I'd recommend the manga over either but if you're not into the manga, the anime is okay.

Yeah, that's basically what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be missing anything by not watching the OVAs. I actually think I saw somewhere that said they weren't very good anyway.

Also the parts are numbered in order huh... Who knew? :P

But yes, I'll only watch the anime. I don't really have an opinion on manga (you young folks and your mangos...) because I've never actually read any. However, I don't really gave any inclination to start reading them, seeing that I've never even got into English comic books it seems ridiculous to even try Japanese ones.

Quote from: Haruki on April 19, 2016, 05:45:24 PM
I then did a weeks' marathon (one or two a night) of some of the Ghibli catalog.  I did watch all the newer movies from 2006 onwards that I hadn't watched yet.  Tales from Earthsea, Arrietty, From Up on Poppy Hill, The Wind Rises (Miyazaki's last film as director), and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya (Isao Takahata's last as director).  The latter four were 'very' good films, both in the plots, direction and animation.  Kaguya used an animation style that at first, I thought I was going to hate.  Then as it told the old 'Bamboo Princess' Japanese folk tale, it completely made sense, and made it enjoyable.  Can't recommend that one enough.  Arrietty set itself up for 'sequels'....it's based off The Borrowers series of children's stories, but only the first one (of about four books I believe).  Too bad the studio is basically 'inactive' for now, unless they've started.  Poppy Hill I believe is going to wind up becoming a bit underrated / unnoticed.  It's a bit more modern (Set in early 1960s Japan prior to them hosting the Summer Olympics) and nowhere rooted in fantasy like other Ghibli Studio output.

The only story that seemed disjointed was Earthsea.  I love fantasy with a medieval bent, but even the author of the books was disappointed with the end result, so that tells you something.

All these movies have top-notch English tracks to them.  They were well mixed, even those that weren't released through Disney/Touchstone (they passed on a few, handing them to GKids / Universal-Comcast for theatrical release).

I actually legit have only ever seen two of those and hadn't even heard of Tales from Earthsea. I've seen The Wind Rises and thought it was actually fairly average as films go, and therefore one of the worse examples of Studio Ghibli's work. It just felt kind of boring and slow and honestly a little bit airy-fairy... And that's coming from someone who liked Spirited Away. I just felt that the slight fantastical elements were so put of place in a film primarily about engineering. Arrietty also felt entirely forgettable, I think because they really did absolutely nothing new with the Borrowers formula except animate it. It's a film I felt might have been well served by showing more of the stuff after they leave at the end.

The one I haven't seen, Princess Kaguya, I've also just not watched because I didn't like the look of the animation/art style. But is it quote good then?

OT: I recently watched the two series of RWBY available on Netflix. They're available as basically two long films, instead of split into episodes, and overall, I rather enjoyed both. The second season was definitely better than the first because they seemed to commit more to being silly, and so it was just funnier. The fight scenes are quote cool though. I feel that they're rather limited by the 8-minute episode format though because they really only had time for 3 small story arcs across the whole second season.

It's also irritated me in a small way by refusing to define what it's limits are. Like there is a scene in season 2 where a main character, Yang, gets all straight-up pulverised by a giant mech. But then they immediately play it off saying "oh she's fine, getting hit just allows her to hit harder". Talk about immediately removing ANY sense of danger or threat.

Jaune is best character by the way. I hope he finally fucking gets with the redhead at some point.

Yukina

Quote from: Sabby on April 15, 2016, 03:58:22 PM
A Netflix original, huh? Well, not really an anime fan, but Netflix Originals do tend to kick major ass.

Watched the whole season in one sitting. Really loved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAS2248t1HM

Just finished this a while ago. It was awesome! :)

Haruki

Quote from: Assassini on April 20, 2016, 06:11:06 AMI've seen The Wind Rises and thought it was actually fairly average as films go, and therefore one of the worse examples of Studio Ghibli's work. It just felt kind of boring and slow and honestly a little bit airy-fairy... And that's coming from someone who liked Spirited Away. I just felt that the slight fantastical elements were so put of place in a film primarily about engineering. Arrietty also felt entirely forgettable, I think because they really did absolutely nothing new with the Borrowers formula except animate it. It's a film I felt might have been well served by showing more of the stuff after they leave at the end.

I'll grant, maybe it's just my jadedness towards Ghibli's stuff that got in the way there.  Ehehe.  ^^;;;  To be frankly honest, and I agree with anyone who says so, Spirited Away was that studio's pinnacle.  Animation was spot on, it had the right amount of fantasy to it without it feeling out of place, and the story didn't feel rushed.  The characters are also memorable.

No question, the animation / background work done on latter movies like The Wind Rises and Arrietty is still Ghibli's team at its best.  The stories drawn from their source material though, now that you got me to reflect back on what I had watched a few weeks ago, it's hard to argue against those points.  Arrietty could use a sequel (or two) to flesh out that story....I mean, if you're going to do a movie based off a written work, see that the rest, not just the first, are seen to fruition.  Right now as it stands, it's just an animated take on a written fictional work....one that "I" enjoyed for what it was, but others' mileage will vary.  It feels glaringly unfinished, and that's a shame.

At least if nothing else, it's something I wouldn't mind showing to young children if I had any, over most of the other anime I own.

QuoteThe one I haven't seen, Princess Kaguya, I've also just not watched because I didn't like the look of the animation/art style. But is it quote good then?

As I put forth above, I too was at first a bit off-put by the animation style they chose with that film.  The movie is literally a telling of the old Japanese folktale The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter (竹取物語 Taketori Monogatari).  I think what they were shooting for was a 'watercolor/painted/calligraphy-ish' sort of look...the artstyle of Japan back in the 10th-11th century.  If you've ever played the game Okami, it's literally the same exact stylistically (and I thought I'd be put off by that game due to it).  When looking at it from that angle, the choice of animation style made perfect sense, and thus, I grew to appreciate it as the film went on.  It's just not a style one thinks of when one thinks of 'anime'.  But that was exactly why they did it that way.  It's probably one of the more well-known folktales outside of Japan.  I think it's a great lesson too, in what overt materialism can do to someone.  Some are just happy with the simple things in life.

Story-wise, it's simplistic, another thing I could show the kids without hesitation, if I had them.  I enjoyed it because it was relaxing.  But if that's not what you seek in entertainment, or just aren't into Japanese folklore you may not enjoy it.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Sain

Finally a season with stuff to watch :-)

Kuma Miko, Sakamoto desu ga and Flying Witch are great relaxing comedy and there's even bunch of more serious series that look promising thus far.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Haruki

Flying Witch and (for those of you who go by the translated titles) Haven't You Heard, I'm Sakamoto seem to be getting pushed a lot.  I'll have to check those out.

I also got wind on my newsfeed earlier today that (while not anime, but who knows....it may get one), it looks like CLAMP is going to continue their hit series Cardcaptor Sakura with a new sequel manga, starting at Sakura's first year in Jr. High.

That one worries me slightly, as I was at one time, a big fan of the original CCS.  (Yes, this guy loves him some fluffy magical girl stuff).  If they just use details for backstory, that's fine, but if they go retconning past events to fit the new narrative, that's going to be disappointing.  With the characters are a little older, hopefully it doesn't fall into the usual tired tropes one sees these days and stays true to the original's spirit.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Lustful Bride

I had initially been hesitant to give Kantai Collection a try after learning some of the implications that the show might have been implying a revisionist history with the monstrous abysal fleet being the allied forces. But after learning they were disproving that theory by adding in the Iowa, I was much more willing to try it.

This show is okay, and it feels like its tossing the Yuri shipping bait to everyone :P  I like it for just being some nice fun to put on when I need something different. Something lighter to add ot my viewing list. (Especially now that The Punisher is getting a series,)

Excelsior

Quote from: Assassini on April 17, 2016, 10:19:26 AM

I just finished KonoSuba and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. I felt like it was short but I believe there's a second season coming out.  I'm opposite of you, as I totally get Japanese humor but that's most likely due to the fact that I have indulged on anime so much in the past four years (it's like 99% of what I watch).  I feel like it's the humor that makes it more consistently enjoyable than Sword Art, and the show pokes fun at itself all during the process of detailing this guy's journey through his afterlife, which is him being reincarnated in a fantasy world. I love how either though he dragged a goddess with him to serve as his handicap, she's useless majority of the time, and everyone who joins up with him is mostly useless majority of the time, but he's useless too so it's entertaining that they're supposed to finally defeat the devil god.

But yeah, it definitely benefits from not getting derailed by a piss poor romantic plot (or plots because SAO wants to flirt with the line of a harem).