Unknown Armies (always recruiting)

Started by Kythia, August 06, 2013, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kythia

I liked it.

And please don't ever feel pressured in to posting or anything similar.  Post when you can, it's pretty free and easy.  Or at least I hope it is.

Blythe

I like the game--it takes me a bit to catch up, mind you (I'm a slow reader on E, although normally I read very fast when it's a book I can hold in my hands or similar), but no, I don't force posts. It just took me a bit to figure out what I wanted to type. ^^

Demigod1945

And after several days of absence, posted!!!

Kythia

Riveda - I started writing a reply to you (actually spoilered below so I don't lose it) the following but then realised I didn't know if Bran was going to go through with it and then stopped.  Is Bran going to perform the ritual?  Would you rather describe that yourself or do you want me to roll it in with this post.

For reference, I'm using my mighty stick of GM dictate to say you make the roll, as I need to give you this information.  Future times will require it if you do it again, but on this case I roll behind my GM screen and yeah, you pass.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Tuesday 13th August 10:22

Back room of the King's Head Pub

Bran

"Neither.  To the best of our knowledge at least.  It's regular aquarium water and the fish is from a pet shop in Durham actually.  But it works with every fish we've tried.  Although, admittedly, we haven't really studied it in any particular depth.

"You need to make the cut yourself.  It will show you the name and face of anyone who has put a long term effect on you.  If there is noone it shows a female face and some hieroglyphs, we're not sure why.  It does that for newborn as well, so we think its universal.

"And sometimes it doesn't work.  We're not sure why, but then later it will work again with exactly the same conditions."

Rook Seidhr

Bran doesn't know he needs to do it himself. It's one thing to let someone draw your blood, like at a hospital, even if they're using a letter opener to do it; it's another thing to jab yourself until you bleed. But he will go through with it if Rachel hands him the letter opener, and I'll describe him doing it.

Kythia

I'm sure you're all delighted that England have qualified for the World Cup.  At a minimum it means I haven't wasted two years of saving up and can now blow it all on flights, hotels, tickets, etc.  Noone wants a DM in a bad mood.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Kythia on October 16, 2013, 12:39:35 PM
I'm sure you're all delighted that England have qualified for the World Cup.
Woohoo!

Remiel

In one of life's little ironies, Mexico have the U.S. to thank for knocking Panama out of contention in stoppage time to allow their World Cup dreams to live. 

Kythia

Riveda - yeah, you're quite right.  It was arranged when the taxi was booked.  Wanted to try to give this feeling of things happening outside your control, of being dragged along somewhat.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Kythia on October 17, 2013, 02:55:42 AM
Riveda - yeah, you're quite right.  It was arranged when the taxi was booked.  Wanted to try to give this feeling of things happening outside your control, of being dragged along somewhat.
Works for me.

Kythia

Just so everyone knows I'm gonna put together a page on the wiki containing all the information you have about various NPCs and the game world.  I started doing it in the first post but it would have got too big.  I'll throw a link up when its done.

Also, do people think a separate OOC thread is worthwhile?  I'll be honest I've kinda liked using this one as it keeps the advert of "always recruiting" hovering near the top of the forum.

Blythe

Well, if we're always recruiting, having this thread double as an OOC shows anyone interested in the game that we're all around and active, so I'm all for using this one.

Demigod1945

I agree with what Blythe said. It makes no sense to make another thread, when this one would work just fine. Especially when it's a recruitment center, in a manner of speaking.

Remiel

I'm going to third that.  If we had a larger group, a separate thread for OOC would be plausible, but I think this one works just fine for now.

Kythia

Also, forgot to mention this yesterday but in celebration of holding Liverpool to a draw despite being a man down for most of the match, you each get one xp per Newcastle goal scored.  For a total of two.  Updating first post with xp gains now, will then start work on the wiki.

Rook Seidhr

Hello? We seem to have hit a slow patch…

Blythe

Still here--been slow about IC posting lately, but still here!

Kythia

Yeah, I was just giving you guys a chance to chat ICly before moving things along.  Going to watch the football and then post.  Expect Patveer to be either in elation or murderous rage.

Rook Seidhr

Poking the Patveer, poking the Patveer, who'll go a-poking the Patveer with me?

(Edit: A friend contributed, "His ghost can be heard as you walk along the River Tyne, 'Who'll go a-poking the Patveer with me?'")

Remiel

Hey Riveda, I hope you don't mistake Norm's antipathy toward Bran as indicative of us as players.  I'm purposefully playing him as something of an asshole.  :P

Rook Seidhr

And Bran is being a wretched little shit right now, deliberately. :)

Kythia

Demigod1945

Hey sorry for not being on this past week, I've had a rough one and haven't had time to jump on here. Currently I still can't, I'm just letting everyone know that I will be able to post on Monday.

Kythia

Not a problem, Demigod.  Real Life takes precedence (and frankly my week has been crazy as well)

Blythe

Right, sorry for the delay, everyone.  :-[ Rolled my Charm check and sent it your way, Kythia!