Circle of Shadows- Sandobx/Action, Mild Horror (LGBT friendly!)

Started by Roen, October 16, 2014, 06:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roen

THE TEASE

The young man walked into the dark room, an office in which most objects were black: furniture, office supplies and items of vanity. Even the rare white here and there was tastefully placed to complement the black. The man named Dorian immediately felt calm, relaxed and safe in the warm arms of the darkness.
his eyes lazily surveyed the room, resting for a moment on a statue that stood there, in front of his desk. It was a strikingly detailed statue of a tall man in a business suit and a long trench coat, its form was a thing of oddity in the room, as if misplaced completely- since it was carved entirely out of dusty gray marble.  The young man cocked a sarcastic smile and gracefully made his way towards his desk.

Getting in front of the statue, he turned his back on it and gently caressed the glass surface of the table, activating the LED lights embedded underneath it. There was a newspaper spread open on the table in front of him, a couple of sections were circled with a marker and there were notes as well.
"This must be important, for you to deface your form like that." Dorian whispered into the void of the room, all the while studying the notes in front of him. His smile deepened as he sensed the other man shifting behind him.
"Vanity is not one of my sins, Master Gray." The man answered
Dorian scoffed and traced a line of marker across the sheet, "Still- Let others pride themselves about how many pages they have written-"
"-I'd rather boast about the ones I've read." The man finished the sentence. "Borges suits you very well."
"The man was a pompous womanizing scoundrel, I can respect that." Dorian indulged himself in nostalgia for a moment, and then turned his attention back to the newspaper. "I don't see it."

"You needn't but look closely, Master Gray."
"-At what?" The young man became impatient, "All you've circled are the wanted section and some deluded politician's speech about how he single-handedly managed to lower the state-wide rates of unemployment, what am I to defer from that rubbish?"
"Not deluded, just self-involved." The shadowy figure corrected, "Unemployment rates have gone down, especially in the bounds of the city's jurisdiction. In fact, it has been the lowest recorded around these parts for the last fifty years, by a milestone of 12%."
Dorian frowned and leaned in to closely study the article. "That cannot be…"
"And, while unemployment is at an all-time low, job offerings are as high as ever- Actually, higher- which means-"
"People have gone missing…" Dorian raised his grey eyes from the finely printed sheet. "Twelve percent… That's…"
"An estimated number, I expect they didn't account for a large number of street kids, gang members and the dead-"
"-They rarely do…" The young male mumbled, his eyes glossed over as his mind was doing the impossible calculations. "We might need some help."
"Direly." The man in the shadows agreed.

"Start scouting." Dorian said and turned around to face the motionless statue. Turning the lights off, the youthful man frowned and turned away, swiftly making his way to the door. "I have property that requires liquidating. Email me the CVs on the shadow network."
"Master Gray-" The reanimated statue began.
"Hmm?"
"-Regarding my memo…"
Dorian breathed deeply, "Not that again."
"I must insist."
"Oh, for heavens'-- Fine, what was it you said? No devil worshipers, no marrow feeders-" The young man rolled his eyes as he counted the conditions on his ring-heavy fingers, "-No necromancers and- what was it, again?"
"No child molesters or killers." The shadowy man answered grimly.

"You know, you're strangely judgmental, for someone that exists solely on the living energy of humans." Dorian teased.
I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited. The man responded.
"Borges again? Honestly, it's like a broken record with you today."
"In all fairness, he did plagiarize that one from me." The man said pensively, "It was a nasty habit of his, walking around with a pen and a pocket-ledger, quickly pulling it out anytime someone said something remotely clever. It could drive lesser men to drastic measures-"
"-William." Dorian stared directly into the darkness, his gaze uncharacteristically sharp and grave. "I will do my best to adhere to your preferences, but you'd do well to remember who and what we are."
"We are the saviors of this world." The man answered, stern yet softly, as if he thought the younger male needed to be reminded of that.

Dorian weighed the words offered. "Perhaps so." He finally replied, "But we are also not the good guys." With that, he turned around and left the angel alone in the dark.

A soft rustle could be heard from the depths of the room, as the newspaper was picked and folded carefully.

AND so it BEGINS

A simple introduction: This is Circle of Shadows, it's a game that revolves around a private shadow company, owned and maintained by people of unique skills and attributes; Or, in another word: Monsters. These are not your typical horror-movie monsters, but sentient monsters, similar in a way to the classic Victorian style, humans touched by monstrosities or monsters touched by humanity. That's you, this is what you'd be playing, your very own custom-made and modernized versions of a monster. The company is situated in a huge metropolis of a city, and its designated purpose is to locate, investigate and eliminate potential supernatural threats.

This game will be GMed by Caela and myself.

This game will be Freeform, all substantial decisions made by the GMs, adhering to common sense and reason.

WHAT is this GAME ABOUT?

This game will have several layers of activity:

The Recruitment. Some of you might choose to start as newly recruited members of The Company, but some might like to be recruited at the beginning of the IC. We're going to design it in a way that some missions' objectives would actually be the recruitment of a new agent, if the agent's own background story is interesting enough and if it offers a challenge substantial enough to call for a mission. YES, an entire mission that revolves around your character!

In-House Dynamics. There will be a great complex to the company, which will include several training facilities, recreational rooms, living quarters (dens customizable by the players, adhering to their monsters' needs), work spaces and utility rooms. That is where your characters will be getting their R&Rs between missions, interacting with one another, having training sessions, either solo or cooperative, discussing past missions and being briefed for the next ones. This here will be the sandbox aspect of the game, the heart of it, where you can really put your characters' diversities and conflicts with one another (or one-selves) to use. Do you have some beef to resolve with your teammate about the last mission? Do you have a problem with The Company's regulations or do you want to bargain for a better contract/more convenient working conditions? This is where it happens. GM events will include briefings, debriefings, staff meetings, group training sessions, personal evaluations etc.

The Missions. These will be the manifestations of the plot in the game. The action aspect of the Snadbox/Action theme. The missions are going to be GM events along the game, which will include assigned agents of The Company, and they will be sent out- either to investigate a potential threat, deal with one, and/or retrieve a desirable objective (be it an item or a person). The missions are going to be random in content, the threats are going to be seemingly unrelated to one another, just a collection of eclectic incidents, but there is a major scheme in play and in the grand plot- The Company's final goal is to identify the great forces working behind the scenes and stop them. This part of the game will be the thing that keeps all the other parts moving, a way to progress time, plot and character dynamics all together. Missions will usually be designed for a functioning team, each time with a different setup and under different leadership (as your characters prove themselves, they will be eligible for mission leader roles).

THE CHARACTERS

At this stage, each player is allowed one main character.

What can you play? You can play any type of monster you'd like. Take whatever monster you know, from folk stories, legends, books, comics, movies, TV-shows, and create a passably humanoid and modernized version of it. They don't have to be from the city itself, The Company's reach is long and wealthy of resources, but they do have to be interesting. We can't stress this enough, we'd like you to dig deep and create complex and rich backgrounds to your characters, interesting personalities, substantial set of values and ideals, something we could work with. This game thrives on character dynamics, we can create fascinating plots and heart-pumping missions, but it won't be half as entertaining without some solid group interactions.

That said, you may also play humans, but they need to have some very special qualifications to draw the eye of the Company, be it abilities, skills mental capacities or even personality traits. A man among monsters, it might be fun to play.

As said by Dorian in the teaser, we are not the good guys. The Company's intentions might be noble, but it consists of monster-men. The morals are going to be blurred and shoddy, grey at best, some of the means won't be acceptable to some of the characters, possibly downright monstrous to most human beings, and that's perfectly fine, because we are in the business of monsters. Sometimes, monsters just don't know any better. However, unless your character sheet is fantastically good, and gives a compelling reason for it, we won't be having any characters that are completely insidious. You don't have to be kind-hearted or even 'good', it might work for one or two characters, but not for them all. I want characters that live in the grey. To test and challenge the various definitions of 'good' and 'bad'.

When it comes to power ratings, be reasonable. We're going to talk to you about your powers, if need be, establish limitation where we see fit; but when you envision your character's strengths and abilities, steer clear of the epic, even the low-epic. Think Penny Dreadful level of abilities, think Lord of the Rings or Buffy the Vampire Slayer' level of powers, rather than the demon from Silent Hill, the magic from Harry Potter or the powers from Exalted. 

Good news, everyone! I got my lazy ass to work out a functioning character sheet format!

Just a couple of pointers to keep in mind before you dive in:

For your character pictures, please use pictures of real life models only! Realistic looking video game rendering is ok too. It's easier for people to relate to and it makes us take your character more seriously. If there isn't a real-life picture that matches the monster-effect you wanted to make, you can include a link/spoiler for the artwork/concept art below, in the Appearance section.

Character sheets will be posted in this thread, but if you'd like to keep some of the information a secret, just use a -CLASSIFIED- tag in the corresponding section.
For example:

Name: Dylan Sharp
Sex: Male
Race: -CLASSIFIED-
Keep in mind that you will have to PM me the fully disclosed character sheet, you can't use the tag just to avoid writing a section down  ::)

Keep your pictures safe for work. If your picture is NSFW- put it in a spoiler with a proper warning. Some of our players are logging in from work or joined work spaces.

All characters should be at the age of 18 or above. we might make exceptions (down to 16), but we'd expect a compelling reason for it. That includes how your character looks like, using a 10,000 years old ghost that's trapped in the body of a 15 year old won't work (and it's against the site's rules).

The explanations are marked with stars (**). They are for your information, you should edit them out from the finished character sheets. Just putting it out there. 

THE CHARACTER SHEET:

[float=right][img height=350 padding=7]*Your Character picture's url here!*[/img][/float]
[b][u]Name: [/u][/b]
[b][u]Age:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Sex:[/u][/b]*In case the picture hasn't made it obvious*
[b][u]Race: [/u][/b] *General Classification. Is it a human? An undead? A demonling/demon touched?*
[b][u]Type:[/u][/b]*A more specific classification, what kind of a monster is your character? What type of monster is it based on?*
[b][u]Origin:[/u][/b]*Where did you get the monster from? What book/movie/franchise/mythology?*
[b][u]Notable Abilities/Skills:[/u][/b] *Make sure to list them all*
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[b][u]Notable Equipment:[/u][/b] *If there's anything special in your character's possession, that exceeds the reasonable everyday property- be it weapons, special tech, enchanted artifacts, list it here.*
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[b][u]Role:[/u][/b] *What role do you envision for your character to take in the company/the operational squad? Keep in mind, The Company might have different plans for your character*
[b][u]Recruitment Status:[/u][/b] Recruited/Yet to be recruited. *If you want to play out your recruitment process, mark the 'yet to be recruitment' one. Doing so would mean that you (and I) will have to think of a reason to make a mini-plot out of your character's recruitment process. Also, bear in mind that it would mean a bit of a waiting time before your character can get into the thick of things.*
[b][u]Employment History:[/u][/b] *No need for a list of previous jobs, but if your character has been recruited- how did it come to the employment of The Company?*
[b][u]Appearance:[/u][/b] *If there's anything not shown in your picture that you'd like to mention (such as eye color, hair, any missing details), you can write it down here or link/spoiler a corresponding picture/concept art.*
[b][u]Sexuality:[/u][/b] *Your character's sexual orientation. You can also include sexual role (top/bottom/switch/dom/sub etc.) this game isn't a smut kind of game, but just to let people know what kind of pairings your character is available for.*
[b][u]On/Off:[/u][/b]*Link your on/off list here. If your character has any additional limitations that don't correlate with yours put them here as well*
[b][u]Personality: [/u][/b] *Personalities will be widely explored during the game, just put a general description here*
[b][u]Background:[/u][/b] *Your character's story, its history.*
[b][u]Merits:[/u][/b] *Your character's strengths. Not to be confused with abilities. You need to have at least 2 and it should match the number of your character's Shortcomings.*
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[b][u]Shortcomings:[/u][/b] *Your character's weaknesses. You need to have at least 2, and it should match the number of your character's Merits.*
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[b][u]Hobbies: [/u][/b] *Yeah, why not?*
[b][u]Face Claim:[/u][/b] *If you know who's the cutie in your picture, we'd like to know that too. For… Research purposes…*
[b][u]How did YOU Find Us?[/u][/b] *This might be odd, it's for my own information. I sometimes advertise through different channels and ways, I'd like to know what works and what doesn't. Thanks in advance.*

GM CHARACTERS!
The Boss-
Dorian Gray (Roen)
Name: Dorian Gray
Race: Human
Type: Immortal Human
Origin: "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde.
Notable Abilities/Skills:

• Fast Regeneration. He's not just immortal, he heals pretty damn fast.
  • Keen Sense for Business. He knows a good deal when he sees it, he doesn't just know how to get what he wants, he knows when to back off or be flexible as well.
  • Personal Charm. He can be pretty damn suave when he puts his mind to it.
Notable Equipment:

• Money. He can get whatever equipment he damn well pleases to.
  • A Self Portrait.
Role: The Boss. Yes, he is. He's the boss and owner of The Company.
Recruitment Status: Depends  on the day.
Employment History: Dorian has founded The Company almost half a decade ago. It was a holding and investment company at first, but soon enough he got bored with making money. Plus, he discovered that doing good deeds is good for your skin.
Appearance: Pretty much what you see in the picture.
Oh, and…

Sexuality: "Yes, please." (He's into anything, but I'd prefer mXm. Willing to make exceptions, depending on his mood.)
On/Off: Click Here
Personality: Dorian can be extremely moody at times, but it somehow seems forced when he's anything but indifferent. He gets bored quickly, and side-tracked quite often. He is nothing if not reasonable most of the time, not to be confused with responsibility, there's a good reason why he has two angels in his employ.
Background:
Who doesn't know the infamous short story by Oscar Wilde, 'The Picture of Dorian Gray'? Well, there is a story behind every fiction and there is a reason behind every superstition. Dorian became painfully aware of that at a very early stage of his life. Born to a wealthy aristocratic family of the late 19 century, at the peak of the Victorian age, Dorian Gray never wanted for anything- but that certainly didn't stop him from making demands. He was the very definition of indulgence and hedonism. His striking beauty, lazy charm and entitlement, combined with his impulsive nature and tendency to get bored have turned him into a social adventurer at an alarmingly early age. It didn't take long for him to be tired with proper society conventions, and he soon became obsessed with the strange, the deprived and the exotic.

Dorian would have become an explorer had he either the patience or motivation for traveling.  No, he seek the enticing thrill of the peculiar closer to home- in the company of women, men, blue collared beasts, carnival folk, the dispossessed, the insane, artists and even gypsies. The last two were his downfall. Dorian's curse didn't start at a party, painted by some celebrated artist among the empire's aristocratic finest, that absurd notion was conceived out of Wilde's feverish mind; Mainly because the real story was so utterly cheesy and worn out, it was practically a cliché, but also because it was too socially unacceptable, even for Wilde's taste. Dorian's portrait was the work of a lover, a gypsy wildling of a man of true gypsy blood. They were the hardy and –evidently- proud Romani. That beast of a man called himself Shandor.

Shandor was a passionate lover, and a lame poet- to Dorian's surprised discovery- they have spent many nights together, both being insatiable male specimens at their prime. Shandor had such a temper that Dorian has never seen before in all his traveling and dubious adventures, witnessing one of his furious fits was truly a magnificent experience, breathtakingly awe inspiring and enticingly frightening . What's more, the man seemed to be strangely immune to Dorian's melodramatic mood swings and thorny sense of humor, shrugging the young man's worst lashings with a quirk smirk and a nudge towards the bed. Their relationship was both excitingly forbidden and strangely comforting, and for a while- it almost seemed as if Dorian has finally found his peace.

Things started taking a turn for the worse when Shandor shared with Dorian the story of his younger sister- a painter as talented as any of the empire's finest. He claimed that she was so talented, in fact, that she was forbidden from drawing any living subjects, because her powers would trap a sliver of the subject's soul inside the painting, and that sometimes the paintings or changed in the dead of night. Shandor could immediately see the mistake he has made, by Dorian's excited expression, therefore he went on and clarified that his young sister's talent has brought nothing but grief and misfortune upon his sister and their troupe. He insisted that Dorian would swear to never tell the story of his sister to anyone else, and that he would never act upon it. Anyone that truly knew Dorian could tell: being told such a fascinating and exotic story, and soon after being forbidden from further investigating it was too much of a temptation for the young man to resist.

Shandor's younger sister, Mirela, wasn't hard to find, and she was even easier to seduce. She was such a gullible young thing, so delicate and naïve, Dorian almost felt guilty for trapping her in his web of lies. Almost, but not enough to resist. Apparently, she had no knowledge of Dorian's association with her older brother, which made it so much easier to seduce her into sharing her body and her talent with him. It didn't take long before he saw how good she truly was, and although he didn't fully believe Shandor's stories about the dire consequences of her unusual talent, Dorian thought it would sure make for a riveting theme-party. So, he gathered all of his notorious and hedonistic friends, and invited them all to an evening of fine dining, pleasurable exchanges and the introduction of his gypsy witch of a prodigy. Six portraits were painted that night, at least until an uninvited guest arrived.

Shandor's fury was truly astonishing that night, and Dorian would have enjoyed it- if he wasn't the subject of the man's inhibited violence. The guests fled the house without looking back as the gypsy man was pounding again and again into the bleeding form that was once so beautiful and spotless; breaking his ribs, breaking his nose, his left hand, rapturing his spleen and bowels, by the time Shandor's fury subsided, Dorian's skull has already caved in. Seeing his past lover bleeding on the floor, in a pool of blood that was soon to be his death bed, Shandor knew that his rushed actions have doomed not only his fate, but his sister's and his entire troupe's as well. With the lesser of the two evils in mind, he turned to his sister and asked –nay, BEGGED- her to paint one last portrait.

Dorian woke up the next morning, in his bed, as healthy and as handsome as he ever was. Seated on a chair next to his bed was a perfect recreation of his features in oil, blood and some Romani tears. The rest of his story was as Wilde has told it. Over the years, Dorian was a swindler, a thief, an adulterer, a murderer and a conspirer, all to protect his secrets and survive in the new condition. One lie after another got him to spiral down a dark path of becoming a monster. The thing that ended up saving him was Wilde's story and later on novel, he discovered that becoming a well-known fiction was the best way to hide in plain sight.
Merits:

• Wealth. As specified above. Over the years, Dorian has done exceptionally well for himself. Investing wisely and feeling untouchable can get a man very far in this world.
  • Portrait. He's not just immortal, he's indestructible. You could chop him down to small pieces if you can stomach it, and he'd still assemble back into himself.
  • The Boss. If you want to get to him, there's a whole line of talented (and sometimes scary) people you'd have to go through.
Shortcomings:

• Wealth. He's lazy and spoiled, sometimes downright unreliable.
  • Portrait. You destroy the painting, you kill the man once and for all. You'd have to find and get to the painting first, though.
  • Dependency. He's not self-sufficient at all. He always had someone to take care of him.
Hobbies: Anything recreational (Gambling, Drinking, Fornicating, Substance Abusing, Indulging in all sorts of depravities).
Face Claim: Rupert Friend.
How did YOU Find Us? What you mean, how I found you? I MADE YOU! :P

The Adviser-
William (Roen)
Name: William, "The Newspaper Guy"
Race: Appears human
Type: A Weeping Angel.
Origin: Doctor Who.

• Dematerialization. He's fast, faster than you can believe. That's not just a line, whenever nobody looks at him, William's speed can almost be considered as teleportation.
  • Quantum Locked. Whenever in trouble, he can turn into stone… And you can't kill a stone.
  • A Scholar of Philosophy. All the greatest authors- he has read, all the most celebrated thinkers- he had met, he is an never-ending fountain of wisdom and advice, even when you're not asking for it.
Notable Equipment:

• Newspaper. William always carries a newspaper with him, and he usually hides behind it. He considers the newspaper a part of his face, of his form.
  • Bandages. In order to allow himself the breathing room, not being constantly turned into stone whenever somebody is looking at him, William has covered his entire body in shrouds. They are tightly wrapped around each and every part of his body, he almost never takes them off.
Role: Mr. Gray's personal advisor, The Company's scout/recruiter, martial arts trainer.
Recruitment Status: A veteran employee.
Employment History: -CLASSIFIED-
Appearance: Pretty much what you see in the picture, a thin and tall man holding a newspaper. When the newspaper is removed, you see a tall man in a suit and sunglasses, his body wrapped in bandages from head to toe.
For Example…

Sexuality: If you like the touch of bandages, he'd take you.
Personality: William holds his moral standards extremely high. However, being not of the human race, he has his own unique views on 'right' and 'wrong', but when you finally reach them- it's like hitting a brick wall. That said, he is mostly pleasant company, although somewhat tiring at times, since he likes turning anything into a philosophical debate.
Background:
No one knows how it was that William came to be on this planet, or even when. He seems to be knowledgeable in history of most ages, though he'd only confess to the written ones. For all Dorian knows, William might be as old as time itself, since the Angel never felt comfortable enough discussing his past and origins with his employer. Have you ever tried interrogating a statue?
Merits:

• Master of Martial Arts. Even with his materialization to slow him down, William is a skilled fighter of most schools and techniques.
  • Scholar As said above, William is an avid collector of philosophies, a grand part of his collection is dedicated to the art of war and leadership.
  • Advisor. He is probably the closest guy to the big boss, so far he has been the only one to make him see reason.
Shortcomings:

• Quantum Locked If his disguise is compromised and there's a lookout, there's little he can do to stop from being trapped as a statue. The lookout better not blink, though.
  • Idealistic. It's extremely hard for William to compromise on his values and judgment, that might turn him into a liability in the field.
  • Newspaper. His insistence on constantly holding his newspaper up front leaves his hands usually occupied. He is pretty damn good fighting with his feet, though.
Hobbies: Reading, anything and anytime. Mostly his newspaper.
Face Claim: None.
How did YOU Find Us? Irrelevant.

The Personal Assitant-
Lorelai Alexia Thorne-Thompson (Caela)

Name: Lorelai Alexia Thorne-Thompson
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Type: N/A
Origin: N/A
Role: Secretary || Dorian's Personal Assistant
Recruitment Status: Recruited

Notable Abilities/Skills: Being human, Alexia's notable skill is her mind. She has a photographic memory, remembering everything she hears, sees, smells, feels, with perfect clarity. Along with this "gift" also came the ability to see connections, to find correlations and see consequences so many steps down the line that it would border on precognition...if she believed in such a thing.

Working for the Company this has some very practical applications; she never forgets an appointment she's scheduled, she never forgets where a report is filed, or what was in it if the physical copy needs to be destroyed. She can also sit in, quietly, on a meeting and look as if she's taking notes, and then repeat back, verbatim, not just what everyone said, but every suspicious, or telling, glance that passed between the players as well.

Notable Equipment: N/A unless power suits are notable.

Appearance: At work, Alexia is all business, tailored suits, hair neat and tidy, minimal make-up, without making herself look like a nun. She is well aware of her looks and knows how to look professional but still play to her physical assets as well. Outside of work she is more relaxed and "let's her hair down" both literally and metaphorically. Her clothing becomes more casual but is still tailored and still plays up her figure without being trashy.

Sexuality: Heterosexual
On/Off: Ons: Alexia enjoys a bit of S/M with her sex but only in the bedroom. She's a light masochist and enjoys some bondage, a bit of pain to spice her pleasure, and power play.

**Outside the bedroom however, she considers herself the equal of anyone she encounters and won't stand for being treated as less.

Offs: Bathroom play, bestiality, maiming, underage

Personality: Often caught up in her own mind, Alexia can come off as cold or indifferent on a first (or seventh) meeting. If a person takes the time to crack through the brainiac shell, however, and learn how to pull her out of her own thoughts, they will find a sensual, kind, loyal, passionate woman with a love of books, music, dancing, good food, movies, almost anything that can get her out of her head for awhile.

Background: Born Lorelai Alexia Thorne-Thompson, she quickly got used to going by her middle name when she started school. Lorelai, though she found it pretty, did nothing but get her teased, and with her already odd (even at a young age) demeanor, and ability to breeze through even the most difficult of subjects, the last thing she needed was to give cruel children any more ammunition for teasing her. Luckily for her, one of her teachers recognized just how gifted the young Alexia was and knew of a special school for children like her, prodigies of various stripes and interests. It would have been expensive under normal circumstances, but with her test scores, and her (single) mother's lack of resources, she qualified for both an a scholarship that covered her tuition as well as room and board.

Being sent to a boarding school, away from her family, didn't really thrill her initially but once there, in a place that nurtured her, among other children with their own mental talents (though none quite like hers) and interests, she had to admit, that it was probably the best idea her mother had ever agreed to. She'd never have been able to get the proper support and education she needed from the public school system and would, most likely, have fallen through the cracks.

Employment History: Alexia hasn't worked anywhere but for the Company. She hasn't bothered to dig deep enough into personnel files to determine just when her particular gift brought her to their attention, it doesn't really bother her. After her graduation two agents showed up and made her a job offer she couldn't refuse. For her wasn't the promise of money (which sounded formidable to a freshly graduated young woman) but the promise that she would never be bored that clinched her saying yes in barely a heartbeat. She's been with them since and will admit that those agents weren't wrong...she's never had reason to complain of boredom.

Merits:

• Generosity - Most people don't realize just how generous Alexia is, but a portion of her pay goes back to the school that educated, and another goes to her Mother. She also helps people in need when she thinks no one will find out it was her doing.
  • Integrity - You won't find someone more honest than Alexia...of course it's mostly because she doesn't usually see the point in lying more than from any inborn altruism.
Shortcomings:

• Temper - Alexia becomes easily frustrate, or angry, when others don't listen to the cool logic and reason that she offers.
  • Overly Intellectual - With a mind like hers, it's easy to get lost in her own thoughts and miss out on actually living her life.

Hobbies: Alexia loves being physical, it reminds her to get out of her head. Running, rock climbing, horseback riding, dancing, swimming, tennis; you name it, she's willing to try it!

Face Claim: Scarlett Johansson
How did YOU Find Us? The Group Roleplays Wanted board on E.

The Gopher-
Mikael Milkbone(Roen)
Name: Mikael Milkbone (yep). Also Mika (mai-ka), Mikey and "Here, Boy!"
Race: Humanoid.
Type: An Angelic-Possessed Canine.
Origin: Original.

• Keen Senses. Smell, Hearing, Sensing Vibrations, his senses are as heightened as any other common canine.
  • Hugging. Mikael is a really good hugger. Fantastically great hugger.
  • Canine Transformation. Simply put, he can turn into a remarkably large golden retriever.
  • Angelic Powers. This one is pure guesswork. Mikael has never used his angelic powers since he made himself available for Dorian's service. But he's bound to have some… Right?
Notable Equipment:

• Collar. He has one.
Role:Delivery boy, heavy-lifting, The Company's mascot and house pet, a gopher of sorts. He doesn't mind, he loves fetching things.
Employment History: William and Mikael go way back. When William joined The Company to stand by Dorian's side, he brought Mika along with him, and the large man quickly grew on everyone, including Dorian.
Appearance: His humanoid form is what you see in the picture, although perhaps more heavily built and wide jawed. As for his dog form-
Who's a good boy?

Sexuality: He'd hump anything. Be gentle, though.
Personality: Mikael is the nicest guy you'd ever meet. He gets along with anyone, which might pose as a problem for those who aren't comfortable with physical affection. He'd hug you when you first meet him, as if you've been a long lost friend. When you walk into a room, he'd be very excited to see you- even if you saw him just an hour ago. Mikael is the perfect cure for depression, but he can be a bit overbearing if you just want to have a moment to yourself. He's very fuzzy on boundaries; keep your shoes under lock and key. 
Background:
Mikael, at least the one that we know today, is the result of an accident and a poorly aimed descending to earth. The angel that was Mikael was tasked with a heavenly mission, and was sent down to earth in order to complete it. His kin cannot truly manifest flash in the material world, they are forced to inhabit recently deceased bodies. The rest you can probably imagine, can't you? There was a car accident at an interstate road one night, a 45 tons delivery truck slid on the frosty road and practically crushed into a family car containing two mature adults and four of their children, The truck itself was derailed into a ditch.

There were plenty of bodies to choose from. Unfortunately for Mikael, his angel accidentally landed inside the truck driver's trusty dog. The angel tried to get out of the wrong body, but the flesh-healing process has already started and he was stuck. During his last conscious moments, the angel desperately sacrificed the remainder of his energy to give the dog a capable human form. That was how Mikael was created, without any meaningful knowledge of his formal existence, of the mission he was sent down to earth with or where he was headed. He knew his mission was of crucial importance, but he couldn't remember what it was. Mikael was lost.

Fortunately for him, lost things usually find their way into the hands of a collector, and after aimlessly wandering across Europe, Mikael found a gentle owner to take him in. William was so kind and patient with him, that he immediately earned Mikael fierce loyalty and devotion.

Merits:

• Physical Strength. When the angel gave the dog a capable human form, he wasn't kidding about the 'capable' part. Mikael has an extraordinary upper body strength, he's not much of a fighter, but when raw strength is needed- Mikael comes running.
  • Loyalty. Mikael is fiercely loyal, he would do anything for his friends. He would (and has) take a bullet to protect any of them, putting his own safety aside.
Shortcomings:

• Naïve. Mikael is too quick to trust, even when he clearly shouldn't.
  • Social Ignorance. Social subtleties are lost on him, he can't be taken into covert assignment, unless you want to present him as your 'simple' cousin from the country-side. That wouldn't be nice, though, shame on you for even considering that!
Hobbies: Playing, Cuddling, Running, Jumping, Yelling at the mailman and relentlessly searching for a neighborhood cat that would play with him (bunch of jerks).
Face Claim: Dimitris Papadakis.

The Computer/Tech Guy-
Leopold Sharp (Roen)
Name: Leopold Sharp (NEVER Leo!)
Race: "Human".
Type: -CLASSIFIED-
Origin: N/A

• Banging Computer Wiz. You know how some hackers would boast about breaking to the CIA internal network and hacking the government? Well, Leopold once replaced the CIA network, they never were the wiser. It was a particularly boring afternoon. He later deconstructed the stolen network and rebuilt it as The Company's shadow network.
  • Mathematical Genius. Honest, he's practically autistic.
  • Technical Engineering. Everyone needs a hobby, right?
Notable Equipment:

• His laptop, his tablet, his smartphone. Touch any of those, and you're dead.
Role: Hacker, Tech Guy, Resident IT department.
Employment History: Dorian once called technical support about a faulty router. He didn't actually own a router, but he was tipped about a certain IT rep. Within the first 3 minutes of the call, Leopold managed to hack into the Company's expense account and Dorian's offshore savings account, transferring a ridiculous portion of it into 570 different charity funds. He was hired on the spot.
Appearance: Same as the picture above. Additional information is -CLASSIFIED-.
Sexuality: -CLASSIFIED-.
Personality: For those who have just met Leopold, the young man seem dry and uncaring. There is a flat tone to his voice that can drive a monk into a furious rampage. He either isn't able or isn't interested in diction; his monotonic vocal demeanor is almost alarming. Those that have known him for a while could tell you that he's also a prickly jerk.   
Background:
Hi, it's me.

Who the bloody hell do you think you are, trying to access my personal files?
Piss off.

Ahem…
-CLASSIFIED-

L.
Merits:

• "Beautiful Minds" type of intelligent. He's a genius, pure and simple.
  • Agile Mentality. He might not be much in the way of physical strength and agility, but he can recognize, decipher and solve logical and technical problems faster than it would take you to unlock your phone.
Shortcomings:

• Dickhead.He's not easy to work with, which is why he usually stays in his lab.
  • Social Ignorance. Much like Mikael, he's clueless about how to carry himself around people. Not because he's an angelic possessed dog, mostly because he thinks everybody else is profoundly stupid.
Hobbies: Deconstructing complex software and high-end tech, playing video games and creating a couple at a novice level.
Face Claim: Burn Gorman.

WHAT am I LOOKING for?

First and foremost- I'm looking for a co-GM. This is going to be a very demanding game to manage, so if you're excited about the idea and have the time to put into this, I'd like your help! I'm talking about an equal partnership in the managing of the game, I'm talking about building the settings, doing the required research, handling the GM events with me and brainstorming together to make this game truly fantastic. PM ME if interested!

Players wise- at this preliminary stage, I'm thinking about a small group of 5-6 players. That depends on how many Co-GMs I get to help me with this. If I'm on my own, I'm only going to be able to handle the one small group. This also depends on how well the game and the plot goes, how many interested parties are found and how smoothly the game goes in the wet run.

Posting Rate- Every game has its preliminary stage of excitement and hype, when the posting rate is pretty crazy. Once it settles down, though, I think we're looking at 1-2 posts per a week, depending on how action-packed the game is at that week.
Posting Length- I really couldn't care less how long your posts are. I like the meat of the post, the actual thing people are supposed to react to. Commentaries can be so cool and fascinating, but only if you actually have something to comment about. I'd rather that you post a 1-2 paragraphs' post and not feel the need to pad your posts up for the word count. Be comfortable with your inspiration, write as much as it feels natural to you at that moment. Not every post has to be a work of art.

This isn't going to be a first-come-first-served kind of deal. I apologize in advance, group dynamics and group setup are very important to me at this stage, so I will bide my time with the approving process on some cases. In other cases, I might see a character that is exactly what I'm looking for, and then the process will be faster.

In terms of roles that I'm looking for, they vary, but there are also a few specific slots that require filling:

Secretary- Don't laugh, this is a company; it's important that there is someone to answer the phones, correlate the interactions, set up meetings and make sure that everything ticks. I might make the secretary into the Boss', Dorian's, personal assistant, his trusted confidant and bearer of announcements/summons. That largely depends on the character submitted, the personality and qualifications.

Weapons Specialist- A handler/developer of weapons/explosives.

Tech/Computer Guy- I might have a hacker of my own, but I want to see yours first.

A Scientist/Research and Development Manager- Someone to run the lab, I'm probably not going to accept the generic Dr. Frankenstein type of characters, unless they are extremely well-conceived.

*New!*

LINKS

GM NOTES

• The Game has Begun!
  • Recruitment is CLOSED.
  • IC-HQ thread CREATED!
  • OOC-GamePlay thread created!
  • Caela has joined the GM staff!
  • looking for more co-GMs!

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

wander

Here to show my interest, though I worry how high the bar is gonna be come the writing and if I'll be good enough... Still, depending on how things go, I'd like to play :)

Roen

Quote from: Blinkin on October 16, 2014, 07:08:47 AM
Interesting, but I'm not sure that I can hit the bar to actually get in if things are too picky about compatability with other characters. *shrugs* I create team players, but when no one knows what the team is made of... well... hard to do.

I was thinking about some sort of historian, quasi-human, but that's as far as I've gotten at this point
Oh boy. It might have come out a bit more intomidating than I intended it to be. Don't worry about compatibility, just be true to your vision and make something that you could have fun with! I'm taking down the compatibility remark. Sorry.

A historian character sounds interesting! I'm curious to see where you might take it.

Quote from: wander on October 16, 2014, 07:34:25 AM
Here to show my interest, though I worry how high the bar is gonna be come the writing and if I'll be good enough... Still, depending on how things go, I'd like to play :)
I'm sure you'd do just great, and I'll be happy to have you!

-Nathan Alterman.

MrAlanNH

Color me curious.  Need to think on a character concept and determine whether or not I can reasonably fit it into my schedule.

What are the current posting expectations? Once or twice a week?  Every day?

Roen

Quote from: MrAlanNH on October 16, 2014, 07:45:47 AM
Color me curious.  Need to think on a character concept and determine whether or not I can reasonably fit it into my schedule.
What are the current posting expectations? Once or twice a week?  Every day?
Well, to my experience, there is a sort of rush at the beginning of a game, because of the excitement. However, once that settles down, I expect the pace to be an average of  1-2 posts a week, depanding on the situation.

-Nathan Alterman.

Lockepick

Posting interest, but that probably won't fruit into anything useful until Monday!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Caela

This look like an interesting concept. Would love to make up a sheet for the Secretary position. First thought on it is a human woman with some interesting mental capabilities.

Roen

Quote from: lockepick on October 16, 2014, 09:00:18 AM
Posting interest, but that probably won't fruit into anything useful until Monday!
Would love to have you again! Take all the time that you need.

Quote from: Caela on October 16, 2014, 11:50:39 AM
This look like an interesting concept. Would love to make up a sheet for the Secretary position. First thought on it is a human woman with some interesting mental capabilities.
I was hoping someone would go for that role. You, madam, have a great taste. *grins*

-Nathan Alterman.

Caela

Quote from: Roen on October 16, 2014, 12:06:14 PM
Would love to have you again! Take all the time that you need.

I was hoping someone would go for that role. You, madam, have a great taste. *grins*

Why thank you! Let's see if you still say that after I make her! ~smirks impishly~

wander

Secretaries is one of big ons... My interest has grown :)

I've had a hankering for playing Geist:The Sin-Eaters for a while, so I'm thinking of a ghost-based monster, I'm wondering if some kind of possessed person or someone risen from the dead could count as a monster? I'm also faltering around a Lovecraftian take on the Fae (Satyr or tentacles hidden under clothing, perhaps both?)...

What do people think sounds good or would prefer?

CShades

I just want to say I fell in love with the introduction. I'll keep an eye on this and see if I can pick only one monster at some point :D

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

Nowherewoman

Tentative interest.  thinking about a gargoyle combat specialist. *chuckle* 6'9" stone-fleshed hot winged chick FTW!
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Roen

First of, I'd like to say how flattered and blessed I feel to see these votes of interest, it tells me that you have faith in my vision, and that means a lot.

I'd also like to thank all of the people that have PMed me with character ideas. I'm sorry for not getting back to you yet, I just feel like it wouldn't be fair for me to judge your character sheets before having posted my format and letting you know what I expect from characters in this game. The approval process might take a couple of days, as said above, and I'd be grateful for your patience.

Also, I want to put it out there that I'm still looking for a co-GM on this. If you think you can get excited about this idea and work on it with me, don't be shy! I might bite, but you might like it.  ::)

Quote from: CShades on October 16, 2014, 01:46:12 PM
I just want to say I fell in love with the introduction. I'll keep an eye on this and see if I can pick only one monster at some point :D
Thank you, that's so sweet of you. I liked the introduction myself.

Quote from: Nowherewoman on October 16, 2014, 02:46:58 PM
Tentative interest.  thinking about a gargoyle combat specialist. *chuckle* 6'9" stone-fleshed hot winged chick FTW!
Hey, that's a good idea, but I hope she won't be too much like my man, William (from the teaser). He's not a gargoyle, but he's something close. :P

Quote from: wander on October 16, 2014, 01:05:02 PM
I've had a hankering for playing Geist:The Sin-Eaters for a while, so I'm thinking of a ghost-based monster, I'm wondering if some kind of possessed person or someone risen from the dead could count as a monster? I'm also faltering around a Lovecraftian take on the Fae (Satyr or tentacles hidden under clothing, perhaps both?)...
What do people think sounds good or would prefer?
Wander, your ideas sound great. I like both of them, lots of promise and potential on both. I like the tentacle under suit idea, and I just LOVE Lovecraft. However, Lovecraft has a tendency to dehumanize his monsters, his thing is to make them as alienated as possible- just make sure you don't do that, cause that's what separates the good guys from the bad guys in this game.

-Nathan Alterman.

Nowherewoman

I expect she'd be far rougher in personality, for one thing ;D I could come up with another idea, that was jsut the first thing that jumped to mind.  Could also do a serpent-woman sort of gorgony thing or the like.
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

wander

Thanks for the reply Roen :)

Oh for sure I'm not one of those people who *sits in the corner and waits* in rps and neither would I say I could really be happy playing someone quite dehumanised to essentially be a baddy. So the Lovecraftian Satyr as a member of the Fae is something fairly well developed... I'd like to have the ghost-linked idea as a strong second one, just incase...
Mainly because I think if I nail the high concept, it can have alot of potential. I'm thinking death-spirits, various haunting tropes, day of the dead regalia, ghost-whispering, perhaps something more akin to a Grim Reaper? If in modern day, imagine someone wearing a black hoodie and is essentially a perky goth boy that sees the dead due to himself being some kind of death spirit? Just kind of brain-spewing now, but essentially thems my two ideas I'd like to work going in and to see who people like more or could suggest something to add to them or inspire me a bit :)

Roen

Wander, I love the the thought process! I'm sure it would turn out great.

and now, for a  GM UPDATE:

The Character Sheet Format is up! Take note to the guidelines I've added above it before you get into writing.  ::)

-Nathan Alterman.

wander

Looks like my homework for tomorrow is finding a cool character pic! :)

I'm a little intimidated by the sheet, as I'm sure people will be writing mini-essays for their backstory etc... I'm going to hang back and see what kind of sheets come in before I get mine up, if noone minds. I need a good pic to base the character around anyway, as I feel once I solidify a portrait, I'll be more inspired and the character should flow better :)

Roen

Quote from: wander on October 16, 2014, 06:16:42 PM
Looks like my homework for tomorrow is finding a cool character pic! :)
I'm a little intimidated by the sheet, as I'm sure people will be writing mini-essays for their backstory etc... I'm going to hang back and see what kind of sheets come in before I get mine up, if noone minds. I need a good pic to base the character around anyway, as I feel once I solidify a portrait, I'll be more inspired and the character should flow better :)

There's no need to feel intimidated. The format is fairly detailed, yes, but I find that having multiple sections to a character sheet actually makes it easier to fill it out, all the information that you have on your character is broken down to separate sections, and most of them require a word or two at most. As for the background section... I found that if one is excited enough about a character, they can write on and on with no end. However, it's not necessary! If you get your point across in 2-3 paragraphs- that's fine by me.

Our aim is to have fun  ;D
Have fun with your character, and don't worry about making the sheet look good.

Also, if you need any help with it. I'm usually around to answer your PMs.

-Nathan Alterman.

wander

Caela

Caehlim

Name: Jude (Judas Iscariot)
Age: 2,018 (Physically appears late twenties-early thirties)
Race: Immortal Human
Type: Human cursed with immortality
Origin: Extrapolated from heavily reinterpreted Christian mythology. (My own ideas though).

• World-languages: Having travelled the world for the past 2000 years, Jude speaks a lot of languages many of them currently dead languages.
  • World-history: He's lived through history from the classical period to modern day, combined with a lot of keen reading he has a good knowledge of world history.
  • Geography: He's been practically everywhere on the planet at one point or another and knows his way around, albeit much of this knowledge is out of date.
  • Accomplished liar: With a lot of experience with people comes a keen knowledge of manipulation, combined with practice at keeping his extraordinary past secret.
  • Experienced Swordsman: He learned to fight back when swords were a common instrument of war and has an edge over most modern fencers to whom it's just a plaything. Combined with centuries of practice, he's quite handy with a blade.
  • Aware of the Supernatural: He's bumped into plenty of things just as strange as himself over the years. While he doesn't know the specifics of the supernatural creatures that haunt the night, he's aware that they exist. Largely though he's never had much interest in them.
  • Generic skills: While not experienced with the science and technology of today, he's learned the basics of just about everything else while waiting out a boring decade or two. He knows how to do just about anything that a person can master in a lifetime, although he's rarely up to date with any of them.
Notable Equipment:

• Extremely wealthy: Thirty silver coins adds up to a lot of interest over two millennia.
  • Historical collection: He has a lot of "lost" works of arts and books within his private collections.
  • Church contacts: The Vatican has been aware of his existence for a long time, ever since he tried reaching out to his old friend Peter. His relationship with the church has explored a vast range of possibilities over the last two thousands years, but now they've settled into a strangely comfortable co-existence. There are a few senior members of the church who know exactly who he is, although it's a secret from the general laity. These days they help him out with keeping his secret and keep an eye on him. Occasionally he gets visits from priests who want to hear about his time as a disciple, although they've come to realize that he usually just messes with them when they do.
Appearance: As pictured.
Sexuality: Adventurous and bored. Things like people's gender doesn't register for him anymore. He avoids romance, being uncomfortable watching loved ones die of old age, however the sheer physical fun of sex can still interest him when he's in the mood.
On/Off: Click here
Personality: Coping with his immortality has rendered him somewhat manic-depressive, while not suffering from the clinical disorder itself, the human mind isn't built to live forever and so his mood tends to swing a bit between extremes. At times he has trouble going on for another damn year, while at other times he's as excited as a kid experiencing the new wonders the world occasionally provides him with.
Background: Born in 4 BCE, Judas was raised within a wealthy well-educated orthodox family in Galilee. The youngest child of the family, his parents had a hard time disciplining him and he was something of a minor rebel often bored with the small town life that he knew. He took up traveling, whenever he could find the excuse, and often shirked the responsibilities of home to travel around experimenting with whatever scandalous new schools of thought were around. It wasn't surprising that he sought out the rogue Rabbi that everyone was talking about, eventually tracking down and befriending Yeshua of Nazareth.

Along with eleven close friends, he traveled with this controversial figure as he taught a new interpretation of the faith, challenging some of the orthodox teachings and confronting the established temple hierarchy. It was a good time for the young man, who felt that he was doing something important with his life and serving a cause. Over and over again he would ask Yeshua if there wasn't something more that he could do, but it was always answered with a sad smile and a reply of "not yet". When the request came, it was something he'd never expected or imagined he could do. It was the hardest choice he'd ever made in his life, but he followed his friend's request, betraying him to the authorities to fulfill what he was told would be the divine plan.

He saw the torture and murder of his best friend, knowing that he was responsible. All his old friends turned away from him. He was left holding a cash bribe in silver that he had never wanted while he seemed to have lost everything else in his life. So he went to his field and hung himself. That was when he found out what his friend meant went he said there would be another, more extraordinary price to pay. He could not die. He has traveled the Earth now for two millennia, alternatively embracing his dark reputation and seeking redemption. Over the years he's struggled with coming to terms with his actions and immortality, still not quite managing it despite countless human lifetimes.

Some call him the worst human to ever live and there are times in the dark of the night, remembering what happened to his best friend that he agrees with them. Other times he wonders whether he could deserve the fate that has been assigned to him. Perhaps Judas Iscariot only needs to find the right place where he can help. Perhaps another struggling immortal can set him on the right track. Those are his hopes, two thousand years later when he joins young Dorian Grey's new organization.

Merits:

• Cannot die: By divine decree, he simply can't die. Despite searching for the last two millennia he's never found anything that can permanently kill him. As the most extreme example he once managed to use some contacts to get himself on the Trinity test site at ground zero for the first atomic bomb, woke up naked nearby a few days later. As an immortal though, he appears to have lost the mortal ability to create new life and is completely infertile.
  • Cannot experience permanent injury: His body naturally heals until it is perfectly mended and faster than an ordinary human would without scarring or side-effects. However it's not wolverine fast. A broken limb might take a day or two, a broken spine could take a few weeks. It still hurts and incapacitates him just as much, although he does have a lot of experience with handling injuries and pain. He still occasionally gets sick, although his immune system is used to most illnesses now, always recovers eventually and rids the disease from his system.
  • Familiar with divine energies: After his time as a disciple and being the recipient of a divine curse, he's quite sensitive to the presence of divine energy. He can recognize angels or demons when he encounters them in the mortal world or other phenomena that are part of the judeo-christian spectrums of the supernatural.
  • Immutable: The same divine curse that keeps him perpetually alive, also prevents magic from changing him in any way. Although he can still be physically affected by magics, being thrown about by telekinesis or set on fire with magical flames, he can not be altered or changed through magic.
Shortcomings:

• Mark of Cain: He has been supernaturally marked as part of his divine curse. Anyone sensitive to the existence of the supernatural can sense a powerful force has worked upon him. Those sensitive to the judeo-christian spectrum of supernatural energies (angels, demons, gnostic mystics, qabala practitioners, etc) can recognize it as a divine curse.
  • Non-magical: Jude is no longer part of the mortal realm and is unable to use or employ magics of any sort.
  • Anachronistic: While he's learned to fit in and change with the times, things like computers and phones are still very recent inventions to him. He understands that they exist and roughly how they work, but he's not going to be setting up a twitter account any time soon.
  • Vulnerable to depression: His years of life weigh heavily upon him, and he tends to be self-destructive and fall victim to depression and ennui. Often he is his own worst enemy.
  • Merely human: While not a shortcoming per se, I'm adding this to the list as an extra item so that it's mentioned. Beyond his immortality and experience he has no extraordinary abilities whatsoever. He isn't super-strong, any faster than a regular human, he's clever and experienced but not a genius, etc.
Hobbies: Art: A field in which Jude has absolutely no natural talent. Thousands of years of practice has achieved theoretical mastery and technical precision. He can sketch a person with the detail of a photograph, but whatever creative spark true artists possess was never given to him. His work tends to be flawless, but uninspired and lacking in creativity.
Chess: A game that has been around almost as long as he has, he's played it extensively over the years. He can beat most people through sheer experience, and yet again he's found plenty of people more talented than he who can still beat him. Despite an extensive past, he's just not that good at seeing ahead for all possible outcomes.
Reading: Jude always loved to read, beginning with Greek and Aramaic texts from the classical world as a child but now ranging to everything from Harry Potter and cosmopolitan magazines to obscure philosophical or religious texts.
Chemical Abuse: When existing is becoming too difficult, the closest thing to non-existence he's discovered is the relief of losing himself to a variety of chemical vices, starting with alcohol and going a lot stronger. Fortunately his body doesn't appear capable of physiological addiction or dependence, however when sufficiently distressed he can find himself having a psychological need.
Face Claim: Hampus Luck
How did YOU Find Us? Through you :P

Role: Librarian and book-based researcher. Also willing to accompany the team out into the field, using his skills to translate, guide or where required die for the team.
Recruitment Status: Recruited.
Employment History: Jude is independently wealthy and hasn't had to work much in recent history. His referral to the company came through a secret order of the Vatican church. Some of the priests who visit him are secretly tasked with being his undercover shrink, and after a complaint that he was bored they found out about the company through some inquisition demon hunters who had been approached for recruitment. When the priests tried to talk him into it, he acted as though he was completely uninterested and had no desire to join, however the moment they left he was on the phone to Dorian Grey's company to arrange an interview. He's a volunteer and has no desire to be paid, just looking for a challenge and a way to help people.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Caela

A google of the specific image says he's a model named Hampus Luck.

Caehlim

Quote from: Caela on October 16, 2014, 11:19:37 PM
A google of the specific image says he's a model named Hampus Luck.

Thanks! That looks like him. I've added it into the post above.

Your google-fu is strong it seems. (I tried doing that but must have done something wrong, couldn't find it).

Caela

Quote from: Caehlim on October 16, 2014, 11:29:39 PM
Thanks! That looks like him. I've added it into the post above.

Your google-fu is strong it seems. (I tried doing that but must have done something wrong, couldn't find it).

Hehehe...sorry it sounded a bit abrupt. I am fairly decent at finding pictures though, have had to try to hunt down too many names not to have picked up a few skills. :D

Caehlim

I'm seeing Jude as being possibly an onsite librarian for the group, as well as being happy to go on field missions since while he's not terribly potent in a confrontation he has no fear of death and is quite happy to die for the group as many times as is needed. He might work with the research team, covering the book-research while they do the high-tech science type stuff.

Quote from: Caela on October 16, 2014, 11:41:38 PM
Hehehe...sorry it sounded a bit abrupt. I am fairly decent at finding pictures though, have had to try to hunt down too many names not to have picked up a few skills. :D

Perfectly fine, I can see that your information skills will make you an excellent secretary. :P