Unknown Lifeform Tactics and Reconnaisance Agency [BESM 3e]

Started by AndyZ, September 24, 2013, 04:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterMischief

Oh I think she will be able to easily manipulate him. 

AndyZ

Sounds good to me.

So far we have a handler, a pop star, a brute, I think Sessha was playing an angel?

Haven't heard anything from Zenpai...
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Muse

I'm still messing with concepts.  A hover board skater girl is one of them... 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Sessha

Yep. I just need to dig her out of moth balls.

Edit: Found her!

Name: Kira Kusanagi
Race: Tenshi
Height: 5'11
Weight: 130
Hair: Black
Eyes: Amythist purple
Pic:

History: To understand Kira's history you have to understand Kira's story doesn't really begin with her, but with her family. You see Kira's is the grandchild of an angel that came through long before the establishment of the U.LT.R.A. branch of the SDF. When he came through he hid what he was so as not to alarm anyone in the human world or alert them to his presence. During his travels he perched himself on a nearby set of stones off of a road. It was here that he was sitting when he met Kira's grandmother, Yoshika. The angel who had taken the guise of a rounin first beheld her. Yoshika was the daughter of a local farmer and thus no one took notice of her, that is until one day she beheld the angel. When she looked at him something stirred inside her as she looked at him she got down on her knees not daring to look at him. This intrigied him. "Woman I am a ronin you owe me nothing." he said to her. She shook her head. "I am sorry I cannont. By the kami I don't know how to explain it but something inside me is telling me you are worthy of my respect." she said still not daring to look at him in the eye. This intrgiued the angel and he decided reveal himself to her. "Your insticts are not wrong my dear woman." he said reaching a hand down and tilting her chin up to face him and when she beheld him her eyes wepted with tears. So together they left and made thier way back to the farm her family tended where she asked her father to higher him and her father consented. After working on the farm for many years they eventually fell in love with each other. Soon enough she concived a child with him and that was Kira's mother Kasumi.

As Kasumi was growing up she began to develope powers like that of her father. She was a nephilim according to what the angel, who was now known as Danerial but Yoshika would always call him by the name Samanosuke. By this time Yoshika's home had blossomed into a full Shinto Shrine with Samanosuke as it's head priest. As Kasumi grew ad her powers grew she to ended up falling in love with a human samurai who she ended up marrying and then soon enough Kira was born. Now Kira's story doesn't really start until she was in her early teens. 

It was about this time that another large quake happened. This had been the one her grandfather had been waiting for, the portal to return to his world to open again. Kira was distraught at his leaving but he told her that it was his time to go, to return to his home. He looked to her mother his daughter. "I leave the shrine to you my daughter and all it's worth." he said looking at Kira. After he left Kira's mother ran the temple as it's head priestess. Soon enough during a crisis in Japan's history a time better known to the world as World War Two Kira's mother went aboard of the country to try and help ease suffering where she could. She left a Then mostly adult Kira in charge of the Shrine. One night while Kira was sleeping she had a dream. In her dream her mother came to her and told her she would not be coming back home. As Kira awoke she saw it was morning and it was then she ran to find out what had happened. When she turned on the news she had found out that the city Hiroshima had been wiped off the map in a matter of seconds little to no survivors. It was then she knew her mother had died in the first use of a nuclear weapon. So after filing the papers with the local government she now owned the shrine and would take care of it.

As she lived and worked in the shirne Kira showed little signs of her age but what she did show was that her powers were becoming easier and easier to use espially when she was saving others or righting wrongs. She just like her mother spent her years traveling Japan helping others in whatever way she could. She was trained in the use of a sword and that was her main way of defending herself from others who would do her harm. It was sometime in the in the early part of 21st century that she was approached by some men who claimed they were part of a new government organization called U.L.T.R.A. After telling her thier mission they offered her a place she could stay, money and a solid job helping them with things that were related to the supernatural. Kira took her time to listen to what they had to say before she made her decsion. There was something burning inside of her when they mentioned what she would be doing.

Kira Kusanagi

Stats:  180
Body   6
Mind   5
Soul   7

HP: 70
EP: 60
Combat Value   6

Attributes: 154

2    8   Armor (Homogenous +4)
2    4   Divine Relationship
3    3   Features: Chipped, Appearance (Yamamoto Nadeshiko), Retracble Wings
2    1   Secondary Weapon Item: Katana (Muscle, Hands)
3    9   Melee Attack: Swords
3    9   Melee Defense: Swords
5    12 Sword of Heaven (Insidious, Hands, Detectable: Holy, Exclusive: Demons)
1    10 Regeneration
1    5   Reincaration: Easy to stop. (Necklace Phylactery) 
2    4   Special Defense: Does not age. 
1    8   Super Strength
1    8   Flight
5    5   Secondary Weapon: Sacred Edge (Linked to Katana, Detectable: Holy)
4    4   Secondary Weapon: Holy Bolt (Detectable: Holy)
4    8   Combat Technique: Blind fighting, Critical Strike, Judge Opponent, Leap Attack
1    2   Tough
1    5   Extra Defences
3    6   Sixth Sense (Magic, Holy, Unholy)
2    7   Healing (Detectable: Holy)
1    6   Telepathy (Universal range +1)
4    7   Exorcism (Detectable: Holy)
2    3   Environmental Influence (Light and Fog) (Detectable: Holy)
3    11 Telekinesis (Air) (Detectable: Holy)
1    2   Special Movement (Zen Direction)
2    4   Resistance
2    4   Supersense (Divine Sight)

Skills: 19 pts.

1       3       Acrobatics: Jumping
3       6       Occualt: Rituals, Witchcraft, Spirits
1       1       Perform: Musical Instrament
2       2       Urban Tracking: Underworld
1       3       Stealth: Silent Movement
1       1       Wilderness Tracking: Mountains
1       1       Poinsons: Natrual

Defects (3)

1   1   Marked: Angelic sigil on shoulder (Half cost due to easily hidden under clothes)
1   1   Unique Defect: Character must remain faithful to the Creator.

XP Gained: 3 
XP Spent:   1
Unspent XP: 2
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

MasterMischief

Brutus Cavanaugh was genetically engineered in the Hegemony's Improved Soldier Initiative (ISIs).  He was engineered with many characteristics of animals: strength, speed, a heightened sense of smell.  The technicians got everything they wanted...physically.  However, they had not anticipated the mental animalistic traits they accidentally turned on.

Brutus was savage and undisciplined.  The trainers spent far too much time just trying to instill simple etiquette.  They did meet with some success, but those in charge decided the effort needed to compensate for this oversight resulted in a net loss.  The program was scrapped and Brutus was handed over to ULTRA for whatever use they could make of him.

Brutus has an uncanny ability to get under people's skin.  He is uncouth, inappropriately honest and possess a talent at uncovering people's secrets.

Stats
80   BODY   8
30   MIND   3
40   SOUL   4

Derived Stats
Base Combat Value 5
Attack Combat Value 7 (Melee 9)
Defense Combat Value 7
Damage Multiplier 5 (Melee 7)
Health Points 85
Energy Points 35
Shock Value 37

Attributes
10   Armor 10
20   Attack Combat Mastery 2
10   Combat Technique (Brutal, Hardboiled 2, Leap Attack, Lethal Blow)
20   Defense Combat Mastery 2
10   Extra Defenses 2
2   Features (Ambidexterity, Well Endowed)
10   Heightened Awareness 5
2   Heightened Senses 1 (Hearing)
6   Jumping 3 (30x distance)
14   Massive Damage 2 (Melee)
6   Melee Attack 2 (Unarmed)
10   Regeneration
2   Sixth Sense (Personal Secrets)
20   Special Defense (Disease, Freezing Cold, Lack of Air, Lack of Food, Lack of Water, Low Pressure, High Pressure, Overheating, Poison, Sleep all 1 slot)
6   Special Movement (Balance, Cat-Like, Wall-Bouncing)
8   Supersense (Scent 2, See in the dark 2)
12   Superspeed
8   SuperStrength (lift 1 ton)
10   Tough 5

Skills
3   Domestic Arts (Cooking) 3
6   Intimidation (Street) 3
2   Seduction (Physical) 1

Niki315

Mysterica

Quote from: AndyZ on September 28, 2013, 04:16:06 AM
Sorry, thought I responded to this.

An idol can certainly work great except that the celebrity status might garner attention everywhere she goes.  She might want a holographic emitter as well in order to be able to hide her status (though that's not the only way to get Alternate Identity and she might not want one.  Might become more work for Pumpkin Seeds' character.  Either way.)

There's always the possibility also that she's not fully human, that she found something that gave her the performance talents, or any number of other ways she might be inherently involved.

I try to leave the basic story pretty open so people have a much easier time finding ways to make sure that their character ideas fit.

Of course she is human, but she attained the powers of a magic girl.

God, beautiful stuff, a game with a pop idol magic girl, an angel, a brute, and a potential skater girl all in the same game...  Now the need for that group to have a handler assigned to our little group, that is ALL too fitting.  That's a lot of mess to clean up...

AndyZ

Quote from: Niki315 on September 29, 2013, 04:06:19 AM
I'm interested.  Is there still room in this?

Sure!  Come on in.

The chars look good at a glance but I want to make sure I'm properly awake and can do math before trying to fix it up.

Sessha, I changed Chipped from a Feature to the default.  You're free to spend another point.  However, since you spent XP and I'm starting this fresh, I'd like you to drop that XP and we'll call it even.  Sound good?

Llama, 150+186+11 is 347 if I can math at the moment.  Are you keeping three points in reserve?  (You can; I just wanted to be clear on it)

Mysterica, magical girl works great for me.  One thing I'll request is not to have all the powers in an Item, unless you're hoping to have that item taken away from time to time and be helpless while the others get it back from you, or worse.  (If you are considering that but only as a rare circumstance, the Equipment restriction works great.)  You may not have even considered that, but figured I'd warn anyway.

Pumpkin Seeds, I'm going to recommend Organizational Ties for Media control if you haven't considered it already.  I see the 20X7 media as practically instantaneous but sufficiently government controlled that you'd be able to set the story, and if you want that in your forte, you can tweak it as you like.  I'll also let you set the urban legends so far with regards to the group, unless individuals want to push for particulars.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

MasterMischief

Quote from: AndyZ on September 29, 2013, 07:23:30 AM
Llama, 150+186+11 is 347 if I can math at the moment.  Are you keeping three points in reserve?  (You can; I just wanted to be clear on it)

That was my calculation as well.  I was considering adding Defects.  Unappealing for his lack of social graces and Easily Distracted for his unrestrained libido.  Both at -1 to get me up to a nice even 5.  Still, I am not sure what I would do with the points.  Maybe another Extra Defense.  I am also hesitant on the Defects because of your dislike of them.  Also, I want Brutus to be annoying to the other characters but not to the other players.  That can be a tricky line to walk.

Somewhat related, would anyone involved so far be put off if I play him as bisexual?  He's just not that discerning when it comes to partners.

AndyZ

I'd say no point to the Defects then.  They tend to be something more for story and having issues come up and keeping the GM making sure that your problems aren't completely solved.

QuoteNeko saw the console counting down.  10...9...8...  Quick as her namesake, she jumped forward towards the device.  If she could just push the big Abort button, the nuke wouldn't detonate.  All she had to do was...wait...was that a ribbon?!

I have zero issue with GLBTQ except that I'm horrendous at M>M and not very good at F>M.  It's an unfortunate side effect of being heterosexual.  I could try to recruit someone to handle NPCs attracted to men, but in most stories I run, the sexual aspect doesn't come up often anyway.  Especially not if we go bondage instead of, say, N/C, where I handle the stuff going on if characters are kidnapped.

I could probably also throw in for "T" that science in 20X7 is easily at the point where changing your sex is a pretty routine surgery, so that isn't likely to come up anyway.

MasterMischief

I was not even thinking about playing any scenarios out.  Just that he hits on just about anyone in really creepy ways.

AndyZ

Ah, fair enough.

Yeah, I figure that ULTRA has about given up on teaching him to quit the sexual harrassment by now and focuses on keeping him from taking words to nonconsensual deeds.

Zaer Darkwail

So you plan use bisexuality as intimidation tool vs heterosexual men? Works fine :D.

Anyways I voice interest, I probably roll up a shifter (a guy who can take whatever shape he wants) or a werewolf who can't turn to human (basically furry but he is natural born lycantrophe; so he originally was a wolf but gained over time human intelligence and able take hybrid form).

Mysterica

Of course not all of her powers will be on an item, but it would definitely be an inconvenience if it gets stolen... at least that is the basic plan.  Don't know for sure how she will wind up.  I'll make her just as a basic human, then go from there and see what happens.

Niki315

What's the universe's status on something like deities and higher beings.  Do they exist? Do they grant power to mortals?  I kind of want to make an anti-divine character, but if that wouldn't make sense in this setting, I'll switch it up a little.

AndyZ

The way I figure it, there are Pure Morality Planes where things like angels and demons exist, and often fight.  They aren't well understood and most of humanity doesn't even know that they exist, but with Tokyo on a fault line, this is one of the places where they'd end up.

With Sessha playing a divine character, playing an anti-divine can either be good or bad.  If you're both going to be trying to kill each other, I'd much rather not allow it.  If there are some trust issues, or if you two have worked past your differences, that can work great by me.

Would the introduction of demonic antagonists work poorly for you if we go that route?

Zaer Darkwail

AndyZ, is there spot for shifter or beefed up werewolf char in the team? I imagine if I go for werewolf route it kinda steps on MasterMischief's char territory in concept wise. While as shifter (who can universally can become anything what he can see and has studied), would have variable applications.

However shifter is harder to build as not sure what power exactly use (as he needs both ability to shift and also power which allows mimic powers of the form to extend; example when turned to bird he gets natural flight similar to that bird).

Niki315

Actually I figured the character would have been sort of trapped in Tokyo at some point, and since it goes against her tenants to destroy mortals, she didn't want to fight against the humans.  Instead, she is often called on by ULTRA to assist with projects since she is quite effective at killing supernatural entities.  I was thinking she might use the nullify-drain and mimic powers (if that's allowed) to overcome supernatural enemies.  She would have very little understanding of actual human affairs since she doesn't really care to learn, but the organization pushes for her to learn proper interactions so she can be used in more discreet ways.

Also, shifting is usually accomplished through Power Flux.  If it's allowed.

AndyZ

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 29, 2013, 02:11:53 PM
AndyZ, is there spot for shifter or beefed up werewolf char in the team? I imagine if I go for werewolf route it kinda steps on MasterMischief's char territory in concept wise. While as shifter (who can universally can become anything what he can see and has studied), would have variable applications.

However shifter is harder to build as not sure what power exactly use (as he needs both ability to shift and also power which allows mimic powers of the form to extend; example when turned to bird he gets natural flight similar to that bird).

Sorry, Zaer, but I think we have enough for right now.

Quote from: Niki315 on September 29, 2013, 02:15:34 PM
Actually I figured the character would have been sort of trapped in Tokyo at some point, and since it goes against her tenants to destroy mortals, she didn't want to fight against the humans.  Instead, she is often called on by ULTRA to assist with projects since she is quite effective at killing supernatural entities.  I was thinking she might use the nullify-drain and mimic powers (if that's allowed) to overcome supernatural enemies.  She would have very little understanding of actual human affairs since she doesn't really care to learn, but the organization pushes for her to learn proper interactions so she can be used in more discreet ways.

Also, shifting is usually accomplished through Power Flux.  If it's allowed.

Checking through Nullify and Mimic, they do seem seriously powerful.  Has anyone ever seen those in action?

Niki315

I've used Nullify in a campaign before, and the fact that there is a resistance roll makes it incredibly difficult to actually use.  However, my character uses draining attacks, so over time it might become easier to use.  Nullify All Drain and Mimic All are set to level 2 for my character which costs about 100 points and will drain an enemy's attributes by 2 if they are powered by a supernatural source (racial and technological wouldn't apply).  Also, my character has severe restrictions when attacking civilians and non-supernatural entities.

AndyZ

Okay, we'll give it a shot ^_^

Would your char have issues fighting other evil forces like demons and such?  I'm going to guess that you and Sessha's char are both from different worlds.

Niki315

Basically I think the character's race was designed to destroy gods or their avatars to reduce their power.  Whatever originally designed the race is not making itself known, or has possibly even died out.  Her race would have no qualms about fighting demons or angels or any supernatural entity, they're just optimized for destroying divine creatures. The character is a young example of this race and hasn't quite developed into a god-slayer yet. 

AndyZ

Sounds simple enough.  Sort of a grand nullifying force that helps maintain the balance and keeps places like the Earth from becoming perpetual battlegrounds?

Niki315