We Could be Heroes (Sexy High School Superheroes) Recruiting thru Friday Night

Started by assleigh, April 29, 2014, 04:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin of Lust

Quote from: assleigh on May 03, 2014, 02:06:39 AM
I'm officially in "Bad GM" mode...that came across as a perfect safe sex-revenge vs. A bastard ex list...

• Tie (naked) Ex up in sleeping bag, turned ass up
  • Put condom on Tequila bottle, lube generously
  • Use Swiss Army knife to cut hole in S-bag... Insert bottle in arse...
  • make Smores to the beautiful music of suffering bastich

Ouch.  :-X

@Sephora: It's fine, we love the excitement. But we're don't want to see any new/old writers clique/divide in the RP, so we would prefer that the old writers also be involved when fleshing out character connections/relationships. We're looking at no more than 3-5 newcomers right now, but I don't see it as a hard limit, and we can probably be a little flexible.
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

Le List of Lust (My ONs & OFFs)

Loves

Quote from: assleigh on May 03, 2014, 01:28:24 AM
Its another one, for everyone when they've got a good handle on their character... Amended the post, hope it is clearer... The perils of being a Captain of Team No Sleep

Loves- You're a descriptive writer and you breathed life into Maddie... One thing I'd like you to focus on as her flaw is the 'last' one... The generous spirit, giving baker who sucks at it... The other two can be personality quirks (and we have carries with one or the other of those, Foot in Mouth disease and the flirty thing) Or heighten her curiosity to the Nth degree so she keeps going "where Angels fear to tread". Mostly, I'm trying to pick out that which could make her unique in the game and still say 'play the character as you want to'

Make sense?

yup, makes sense.  I can certainly do that. 
ON HIATUS AGAIN

apygoos

Quote from: Sephora on May 03, 2014, 01:58:59 AM
Re earlier discussion: Champion trio!

Maya is captain of the track team, they'd have to at LEAST know each other. 

Why not make a little sporty clique of our own?
thats whats funny. He doesn't see himself as "sporty", just doing something he does
Quote from: JamesSureWould on May 03, 2014, 02:03:24 AM
Well, if you decide to continue with him being in the drama club, He and Cameron would probably know each other. Or rather, they know of each other. Jacob probably knows Cameron as 'that guy that makes us rehearse constantly' whereas Cameron would know Jacob as 'That cute guy who has all of those bit parts'
cute? most interesting, hehe but yea they'd definitely at least know of each other.
Quote from: assleigh on May 03, 2014, 02:04:11 AM
apygoos, connections are the focus of Stage 2 for those invited to participate in it. For now let's focus on your character. I liked the writing prompt and how you shared his thought processes. The Flaw totally misses the mark. All you listed are personality/social quirks but bone serve as an RP hook. In fact, your "No matter what he tries to do it barely gets noticed" is a bar to RP not a way to spark it.

I'm at a bit of a loss to help you with one, mostly cause I'm tired but also... I'm still left wanting to know more. The closest I can see is "Driven to succeed at all costs" ... Not wanting to end up poor like his folks could be why he's stubborn...why he studies so hard and wants to stand out... Maybe he hopes that being a champion will get him an It girlfriend and.help him network with the cool, rich kids... It could make him take aderol and even cheat...

and a WAY picky/bitchy thing..."poor disposition"=mean spirited/pessimistic/grouchy/etc... You should have used "poverty"
all those personality things I listed are subject to change through gameplay. I felt his stubbornness and his need to "run off his problems" would be pretty strong hooks/quirks in themselves. As stated above, hes not on the sports teams cause he's sporty, he just likes to run his problems off. At least on cross country and track, his running is useful.

Batman4560

Well, I just finished the new prompt. It's on my character sheet in the second spoiler.

assleigh

Quote from: apygoos on May 03, 2014, 02:26:26 AM
thats whats funny. He doesn't see himself as "sporty", just doing something he doescute? most interesting, hehe but yea they'd definitely at least know of each other.all those personality things I listed are subject to change through gameplay. I felt his stubbornness and his need to "run off his problems" would be pretty strong hooks/quirks in themselves. As stated above, hes not on the sports teams cause he's sporty, he just likes to run his problems off. At least on cross country and track, his running is useful.

ok, to be a little clearer, you have to edit the sheet and come up with a Flaw as defined by the character sheet. It has to be something that will directly spark RP with your character. The Abition thing I called out was an example of what I'm looking for that I basd off how you presented the character. You don't have to use it but you do have to come up with something of your own.
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

apygoos

I edited the flaw section of my sheet on the previous page more in line with what you were looking for then.

assleigh

apygoos - I see the edit... And am left with the question, "how will that start a scene?"
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

assleigh

Quote from: Batman4560 on May 03, 2014, 02:27:31 AM
Well, I just finished the new prompt. It's on my character sheet in the second spoiler.

Nice job on the post, Batsee... But I am left with the same question for your Flaw... I see how it will complicate his life and disappoint people... But not sure how it will serve to generate RP. Also, it's very close to Nichole's flaw...

My ONs and OFFs

Juggtacular

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Vergil Tanner

Holy hell, I missed a lot.

Late Speedster: Love the idea, and I love the cosmic irony that it would entail, haha.

Maddie: Hey, you took my last name! Lmao. But anyway, Maddie looks pretty good, and I imagine she and Grace would get on like a house on fire. Things burning and people screaming and running for cover would be optional, of course.

Everything else: Bleh, too late to comment.

Anyway, thank you all for the applications, and we'll get back to you once we've made a decision :-) As Assh said, please don't be offended if we decide to reject your application....there are limited slots available, and we've had some trouble in the past with A) taking too many characters on board and B) not screening the players, and those players then causing problems down the line. In one case, two of them were actually the same person. Heh. We just want to make sure the people we take forward not only fit into the dynamic of the game itself, but also fit into the EXTREMELY active OOC chat that we have. If you don't get involved in the OOC, then you're only really experiencing half the game, and obviously have no say in the workings of the game because you're not giving your two cents....so yeah, involvement in the OOC is a huge must. :-)

So, that being said, good luck to all our applicants, and be warned that in Phase 2, I get a bit harsher. If Pally is Simon Cowell, I'm the guy they fired because they already had a Simon Cowell and Cowell was a little nicer. :P
I'm joking, of course. :D :P

Anyway! Good luck! We shall get back to you shortly :D
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Birchleaf

Huh, apparently most of our player base is very much night owls, or maybe in a different timezone, since the action always seems to happen when I am asleep. So much for OOC interactions: hopefully I will be less busy eventually and able to engage in more of it. Oh well, whenever I have a break today I will check in and see what is happening, though with two stellar applications coming in I do not know if I can make the cut anymore.

At any rate, I will try to get that extra bit written as soon as I can get enough time away from chores to do so.

AribethAmkiir

Added the 2nd writing prompt to my character sheet.  Here's a quick link.

apygoos

there are many options to take for a character who's flaw is that they're stubborn/hardheaded. a person like that can find themselves in all kinds of interesting scneario's. If that doesn't qualify a as flaw, I'm not sure what to do. while to others a late speedster may be funny, but that changes the character i have envisioned drastically. pre superspeed, sure you can tally it up to things always happening making him always late. once he has superspeed though, for him to maintain that "expectation" of being late all the time, would imply hes arrogant with his powers and really doesn't care. that defeats the core of the character who's willing to do what he needs to do for success to make his position in life better than the family that barely makes rent and puts food on the table.

Vergil Tanner

I think we were just saying that it would be amusing if things kept happening to make him late. Nobody was saying to change the core of the character. People were just suggesting that him having super speed and still facing scenarios which made him late - for example, roadworks on the highway he would have used, so he had to take a detour that wound up getting him temporarily lost in a forest - could lead to some interesting scenarios. No need to take it so personally, dude.
Regardless, the point of the "Flaw" is to give the character some "hooks" to RP with other people and make it fun to interact with them, so all that was being requested - by my understanding, at least - was to clarify what you meant by your flaw and expand upon how that would present fun and interesting RPing opportunities.

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

apygoos

i expanded on the flaw further, and since its a fan favorite, added a pinch of lateness

Paladin of Lust

@Everyone who has written up the second prompt: Thank you! ^_^ We'll read them soon (if we haven't already)!

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

Loves

If you would like me to change the lady name for Maddie, I am perfectly fine with that.
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Paladin of Lust

Vergil Tanner

Birchleaf

Kaio

Loves

Quote from: Paladin of Lust on May 03, 2014, 10:08:40 AM
@Loves: Why would you do that? No need to. ^_^

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 03, 2014, 10:09:33 AM
Haha, I was joking, Love. :-) I'm fine with it. :P

-totally blushes-

I didn't notice until now you meant your author name. Lol
That will teach me to reach for my iPhone before fully awake

>>
<<

It so totally won't   
But at least I have an excuse :p

:)

I am still on my phone so I can't edit easily, but I was thinking of vulnerabilities and faults for after she becomes a teleporter. I was thinking that she wouldn't be able to teleport into a space that she hadn't at least seen a picture of, but would be stronger in her abilities if she had actually been there.

Say, for example: Maddie decided to test out her powers by teleporting into the school from her home. She would be able to clearly see one of the classrooms in her mind's eye and would therefore be able to be accurate in placing herself in her seat.

However, she would be vulnerable to the present situation that she has no knowledge of. Meaning, the janitor could be cleaning in that room at the exact moment she teleports. Or someone might have actually moved the furniture so instead of arriving in a chair she ends up on top of the teachers desk.

Also, for places she has only seen in a picture, the same uncertainty is there. After all the picture might be years old and what was a garden is now a swimming pool.

If she wanted to break into a bank (just an example) she would be better off going to the bank during working hours to find the best place to "land" and maybe visit the bank over a period of time to cement the image in her mind. 

And that was a lot to type in this itty bitty screen!

:D

-please forgive autocorrect spelling and downright switching of words :p

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Vergil Tanner

Hmmm....sounds like some interesting limitations, but we can work on those if you get through to the next stage. :-) Bear in mind that we do have an application for another teleporter, so if you both get through, we may be asking one of you to alter your powers to avoid doubling up. But we'll cross that bridge if we get to it, eh? :-)

@Kaio: Honestly, that's up to Assh to decide. :-)

Loves

Okay. I shall keep that in my back pocket and wait for further news/instructions.

ON HIATUS AGAIN