News:

Main Menu

Denial Vs Silence

Started by Nadir, April 25, 2009, 10:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadir

I, like practically everyone on the planet, come up against accusations daily. Some things are innocent, some not so much. I have learned from the Bard that denial, however honestly done, always makes the person saying it sound irrefutably guilty. Instead, I've adopted the 'just stick to neutrality' mantra of several generations of solicitor's advice.

It has varying success. More against the more childish attacks, but then that's exactly what most of them are, no matter which quarter they come from.

I just curious about different drives and impulses of people. Share what you think makes someone more guilty and what you do when verbally cornered, if you want to.

Greenthorn

If I am guilty of something and am confronted...I admit to it.  If I am not guilty, I tend to prove it with facts, records, and witnesses heh.

Azazer

If I'm guilty of something, I usually admit to it. Sucky thing is, I feel guilty even when I didn't do anything. I get nervous if I have to recount something that happened. Guess I'm just paranoid, or something. \:

Ridcully

If i did something wrong, I admit it. There's no sense in denying, it will come out in the end and only make things worse. Second, I personally consider it to be the right thing to admit it.

When confronted with something I haven done, I used to get really angry and all emotional, becase I was oversensitive on these matters. Now, i just try to stay calm. First of all, showing a wild range of emotions just heatens the other up. Staying calm can do the same, but the other will cool down much sooner if you stay calm. Short sentences, no long explanations, but overall staying calm.

ShrowdedPoet

When it comes to childish attacks I like to play mind games...  Worked well in school, freaks people out, and never ceases to bring me great amusement.  Such as, "You're crazy, worship satan, a terrorist, and gonna come to school one day and kill us all!". RESPONSE:*conspiratual smile*  *pull out extremely sharp knife beginning to play with it*  *smile gets more intense*  *continues playing with knife while eyeing my now visibly frightened accuser* 

As for guilt, I never worry about the conclusions people draw about my guilt or innocense, I know the truth and that's all that matters.
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs