Werewolves of Miller's Hollow - Game Thread [Town wins!]

Started by Trieste, December 06, 2017, 12:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

Welcome to Miller's Hollow!

Chances are good that you've lived here all your life. You've known your neighbors since you were in diapers, and they may well have helped raise you. Everything is familiar, comforting. Every day is like the last, and the village is content (if not a little dull). Little do the villagers know that they are about to experience some dreaded excitement! Horror! Death! Murder! Betrayal!

Wolves!

Sleepy little Miller's Hollow is about to wake up!

A review of the rules (for myself as well as y'all):

1. Make sure to include Trieste on any game-related PMs that go back and forth. If you notice that someone forgot to include me, no sweat, just add my name to the thread and quote the previous PMs. Easy-peasy.

2. You have no friends. Okay, not really. xD But if your bestie and you end up on different teams, please do play your team in good faith. That makes it more fun for everyone.

3. Dead men tell no tales. If you've died in-game, you're absolutely welcome to use the OOC chatter and such, but please refrain from discussing the game. That helps keep it fun!

4. Hold the copypasta, please. With the exception of rule #1 up above, there's no copy/pasting or using the quote function in PMs. Everything is hearsay and you have to decide whether you trust the person conveying the info!

5. Have fun! This is one of my favorite party games and I'm super stoked to be playing it again with y'all! Squee!

The original MH GM, Xillen, wrote out an awesome post on the rules here if you'd like to refresh yourself.

Because we have so few players, I'm going to reveal the wolves to one another right away. You'll all be getting your role PMs shortly. The roles in this game are as follows:

Villager
Seer
Watcher
Jailer
Hunter
Vigilante
Big Bad Wolf
Teen Wolf
Sheepy Wolf [Wolf in Sheep's Clothing]

An explanation of each role can be found both in my initial interest post and also in the thread I linked that Xillen wrote. So, without further ado, on with the show! PM me your questions or post them in the OOC thread, please, if you have them. I'll be opening the voting for Sheriff once I get role PMs sent out.

Trieste

Okay, everyone should have their roles now. If you didn't get a PM telling you your role, please let me know ASAP so I can get it to you.

That said, voting is now open for Sheriff. (Some games might have called it the Mayor in the past, but whatevs, I have a thing for Westerns.) The Sheriff is the tiebreaker in case of an even vote. If the Sheriff dies, a new one is elected before anything further is voted on or happens.

Your choices, in alphabetical order, are:

Blythe
Caeli
Imogen
Kazyth
Ket
Madame Professor
Mintprincess
persephone325
Remiel
Rummy Tum Tum
Scott
yugi006

Blythe

Blythe, nothing but a simple villager, declares, "Hmmmm. I shall vote for Scott for Sheriff. Because I like alliteration." 

Scott

"Although I appreciate the nomination for such an honorable position, as well as the new word I just learned. I must recluse myself on the basis that saying "Sheriff Rummy Tum Tum" is just a lot more fun than saying a simple... Scott. "

*Goes about the town, and after finding a small house that doesn't need too much work, begins the task of making the yard and house nicer to live in. 

Madame Professor

“How are we supposed to put so much trust in any one person right now?” The Professor shook her head. “This is madness.”

The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Imogen

Imogen nodded at the Professor. "It feels wrong to favor one over another, but a town must have a Sheriff. I will put my faith in Scott, for now."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

yugi006

"I would like to place my vote for Imogen." He was hoping he had made the right choice.

Remiel

"I trust Ket to make a sane and/or logical choice," said Remiel, the town pirate.

Madame Professor

“Well, I guess I’m gonna vote for Remiel. With the imagine of a western in my head now (<3 Trieste) I want picture the pirate in a cowboy hat saying something like...” in her best half pirate/half country accent, “arg, there be werewoofs in this here town needing gettin’, mateys!”
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Madame Professor

Quote from: Remiel on December 06, 2017, 12:58:54 PM
"Do ye be feelin' lucky, matey?  Well, do ye?  Arrrrr."

Annnnnnnnd now you are Clint Eastwood, with a hook for a hand.

Caeli

"It is tempting to vote a pirate into the role of sheriff," Caeli pondered.  "I think Remiel would make a fine choice - and he would look quite dashing in a sheriff's hat!"
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Rummy Tum Tum

"I vote Blythe, cuz he was the first person I saw today!" Rummy declared, quite confidently.

Blythe

Blythe beams, "I have no objection to being Sheriff, so thanks for your vote Rummy! Though I probably don't have the job requirements for it. Is a brilliant personality but no proficiency with firearms good enough? I'd want to keep people safe, but the result might be me hugging the werewolves away. Or having a sharp word with their mothers. Or bribing them with delicious non-people flavored snacks, like pudding, the keep them away."

Rummy Tum Tum

"There's nothin' better than a sheriff who cares!" Rummy insisted, "'Specially one who cares enough to put himself in harms way to befriend a vicious creature and keep it far away from me!"

Madame Professor

Quote from: Blythe on December 06, 2017, 02:15:40 PM
Blythe beams, "I have no objection to being Sheriff, so thanks for your vote Rummy! Though I probably don't have the job requirements for it. Is a brilliant personality but no proficiency with firearms good enough? I'd want to keep people safe, but the result might be me hugging the werewolves away. Or having a sharp word with their mothers. Or bribing them with delicious non-people flavored snacks, like pudding, the keep them away."

Lol!

Sheriff Blythe: “But I have pudding!”

Werewolves: *growls* “It’s tapioca...”

Sheriff Blythe: I can get chocolate! Down boy! *throws pudding cups in defense*

Mintprincess

Mint seriously has no idea who would make a good sheriff this go around! She’s never played with most of you!

“I suppose I’ll go with the pirate as well, Remiel....”

Trieste

Sheriff tally so far:

Remiel - 4
Scott - 3
Imogen - 1
Blythe - 1
Ket - 1
Rummy Tum Tum - 1

Yet to vote:
persephone325

Kazyth

Kaz scratches his chin thoughtfully, glancing from candidate to candidate, before scrawling the name "Remiel" on a piece of paper and tossing it into the hat.

If there is no hat, he uses his own hat.  Don't worry, he has more!
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Ket

*imagines the possibility of a knock down, drag out fight to the pistolas for the sheriff's badge* With only one vote left but mine, it's so dang possible there could be a tie and we could get a helluva show on our hands! *giggles and holds up a sign that says Scott for Sheriff!*
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

persephone325

"Ket. Because I think a beautiful lady would do well in such a position of power!" Persephone nodded sagely.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Imogen

Imogen raises a brow and takes a long, hard look at Persephone. "Surely it has not escaped your notice that your vote is the last? Surely, you also noticed that only Remiel and Scott have a chance at becoming Sheriff at this point?"

She spreads out her hands questioningly. "I am at a loss to understand why you'd vote for Ket in that situation? Oh, you expressed your admiration for her but wouldn't it be more logical to support her vote in that case, knowing that Ket will not become Sheriff, at least not with the votes being as they are?"

"You not only did not support her choice, but by voting for her with charming words and compliments, you ensured that her choice doesn't become Sheriff - which means that, rather than being her ally as your words suggest, you place yourself opposite her? I do not know which choice is right, but I find the mismatch between what you preach and what you practice rather alarming."

"You see... In your position, your only choices are Remiel and Scott as any vote that doesn't force the tie will put Remiel in power," she explained. "As far as we know, Remiel and Scott are equal in their potential of being a good choice, which is why I am surprised that you voted for your choice in the one manner that suggests - when we look solely at the voting and not the circumstances - that you had no hand in the outcome." 
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mintprincess

“And yet guarantees Remiel without actually having to vote for him looks mighty shady for you both.” Mint adds, finding Imogen’s comments very on point.

persephone325

"It honestly does not matter who I voted for, since I was last. As Madame noted earlier, how can we put so much trust in one person when knowing so little? It was a random vote, just as I take yours to be. I chose to vote for who I wanted to vote for, as did you. I did not realize I needed to vote for one of two people, when there are a handful of others I could choose from." She shrugs.

Quote from: Mintprincess on December 07, 2017, 10:40:33 AM
“And yet guarantees Remiel without actually having to vote for him looks mighty shady for you both.” Mint adds, finding Imogen’s comments very on point.

"Says the woman who voted for him." She sighs and shakes her head. "Such madness already..." She says sadly.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Kazyth

Kazyth slips on a cowboy had, tucks his thumbs into his belt, and puts a little twang into his voice.  "Obviously, the best choice here is to elect a man of unchallenged authority, masculinity, and possessed of a keen analytical mind.  But you'll probably just have to settle for me tossin' my hat in the ring for a re-vote."

A bunch of "Kazyth For Sheriff" buttons are produced, some sashes, signs, and a petition for a second round of voting are all placed on a table.

Mintprincess

“Her point was your vote DID matter.   You could have chosen Scott and forced a tie.  So you did in effect vote for remiel without voting for him.  Yes i voted for him.  Because when I voted he already had a few votes and I am impatient and would rather we pick one and go, thus I picked someone who had a chance of winning and not a random other person.

“Imogens point was that choosing someone who had no chance was pretty pointless.”

persephone325

"Forcing a tie and a re-vote wouldn't help much, since we have no information to go on. You voted out of impatience, and because he had votes already, yet you don't see me jumping on you for that. You could have voted for anyone, yourself." Persephone shakes her head.

"Apparently, dammed if I do and dammed if I don't." With that, she sighs and returns to her home for the night; making sure to lock the door behind her.
I don't know.

Trieste

Current tally:

Remiel - 4
Scott - 3
Ket - 2
Imogen - 1
Blythe - 1
Rummy Tum Tum - 1

Last call for votes. I'll call it closed at midnight (it's currently 6:10pm here).

Ket

"My goodness! All this hullaballoo over a single vote. I'm flattered that Persephone chose to vote for me, even if it meant there was no tie. Obviously the majority wanted Remiel to win, and whatever reasons Persephone had to not vote for Scott and make it a tie are her choices. Instead of arguing, why don't we celebrate Remiel's win and bring out the champagne and charcuterie?" Ket declared, trying to keep everything calm. 
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Remiel

Yeah, honestly...the Sheriff vote typically doesn't mean anything.  It's like the first round or two of voting in Secret Hitler.  Nobody really knows anything about anybody at this point.

Scott

Ket

Sets out the champagne and charcuterie. "Party!" Because Ket can't resist a reason to celebrate.

Trieste

Night 1: Wherein Our Storyteller Breathes a Sigh of Relief That There Was No Tie

After a raucous celebration in favor of the shiny new Sheriff Remiel - which, incidentally, involve using 'Kazyth for Sheriff' banners as handy lassos - the town settles in for sleep. Time for all night roles to PM me their dirty work so I can make it so.

Trieste

Day Two: The Red Wedding

At the beginning of the new day, the sleepy villagers stumble out and to their pre-coffee horror, they find quite a scene!

Mintprincess lay sprawled in the courtyard, a Hunter's axe in her hand.
Madame Professor lay askew in the courtyard, half-transformed in a way that reveals her as the Teen Wolf.
persephone325 lay propped by a door, her lovely Villager bonnet askew.

The town comes together to decide on who will pay for the deaths of last night!

Remaining townsfolk:
Blythe
Caeli
Imogen
Kazyth
Ket
Remiel*
Rummy Tum Tum
Scott
yugi006

Ket

Sleepy eyed, Ket pulled back the curtains of her cabin's windows and was greeted to a scene of pure horror. She ran outside, screaming out accusations. "Imogen was confrontational with Persephone yesterday during the sheriff vote. She must have became enraged and took it out on poor Persephone and Mintprincess. Oh, this is so horrible!"

Rummy Tum Tum

"Much as I love accusin' people," Rummy said, straw resting fashionably between his lips as he stared grimly at the macabre scene, "How do you explain Lil Miss Teen Wolf's death?  Looks to me like she attacked poor MintPrincess, and she took her down with 'er."

Ket

"Obviously Imogen took out the teen wolf to try and deflect people's suspicion. She just went on a rampage." Ket huffed.

Imogen

"I killed all three?" Imogen blinked. "What kind of wolf can do that?"

"I am sorry, Ket, but you aren't making sense. Snap out of it, and help us think?"

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

yugi006

"There are several possibilities here":

Scenario 1: The wolves targeted Mintprincess and she killed Persephone as a result while the Vigilante killed Madame Professor.

Scenario 2: The wolves targeted Persephone while the Vigilante killed Mintprincess and in return killed Madame Professor.

Scenario 3: The wolves targeted Mintprincess and she in turned killed Madame Professor while the Vigilante killed Persephone.

Also wolves can't target each other.

Imogen

She nodded at Yugi, agreeing with his summary.

"That sounds logical. And I am leaning towards the first of your scenarios. We know that MintPrincess suspected Persephoné. If she was ambushed, Persephoné would have been her first suspect, while the Professor was already under suspicion due to her manner of speech during the Sheriffs vote. A vigilante may have taken it upon themselves to slay this beast. That means that this killer, at least, is on our side."

"I also believe that MintPrincess is the more logical target for the wolves. It was only a matter of time before she and I would have voted against Persephoné. With her death, the wolves put another bulls eye on Persephone's back. MintPrincess crossed their plans."

She scrunches up her nose. "I do feel insulted that they thought to use me, as I have no doubt that it was their intention that I would persist in my accusations and crusade against Persephoné to see her hanged."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Kazyth

Kazyth stumbled out of his cabin, still sadly hung with "Kazyth for Sherrif" banners, kicking aside drifts of buttons and blinking blearily at the mess.  With a sigh he began to putter about, gathering sheets to wrap the victims in, loading up bodies, and hauling them off to be buried with dignity.  Except for Madame Professor, whose corpse goes onto a bonfire.

"Seems to me that we're still fairly in the dark here.  But we're down at least one wolf.  And that wolf voted for Remiel, I think it bears noting."

Blythe

Blythe ponders and says, "Our Sheriff breaks ties...I don't think a wolf would want to be Sheriff, because as soon as a tie were broken, they would be immediately revealed if an innocent were killed. Remiel seemed fairly ambivalent about being Sheriff, so I think he might be innocent. Personally, I'm conflicted. I had contact with persephone only just yesterday via a private missive sent to her cottage, which she replied back to with surprisingly alacrity! I sent it because I was curious if there was any reason to suspect her, but there was little information I gathered that I couldn't have already surmised from the talks here in the town square in public. And she suspected Imogen and Mintprincess because they were so quick to accuse her with so little evidence--but Mint turned out to be the brave Hunter. If persephone could be wrong about Mint, could she have been wrong about Imogen? I admit I am more suspicious of people who voted for Remiel as Sheriff than Remiel himself since that was how Madame voted--the wolves likely picked him to be Sheriff, so there's a higher chance of voting for another werewolf by picking someone who voted for him, I think. So I am voting for Caeli. I am open to changing my vote if need be; it is hard to figure out who to vote for at this stage."

Remiel

"Hrm.  I can't really fault Kazyth for his logic, as literally the only thing we know about Madame Professor is that she voted for me for Sheriff.  However, as I pointed out earlier, the Sheriff vote typically means nothing, and I can certainly attest that I am no lycanthrope.

My gut tells me that either Ket or Imogen is up to no good, as both have been acting suspiciously, although my gut is often wrong at this stage of the game."

Rummy Tum Tum

"I vote Ket, for her suspicious accusations"

Ket

"How are my accusations suspicious?" Ket grumped.

"Let's break it down here. Persephone was the last vote for sheriff, and chose to vote in a manner that would guarantee Remiel's win. Imogen wasn't exactly happy about that. She may very well have wanted to given Scott another chance to win, as that is who she voted for. They both could be wolves, and why wouldn't one wolf want another as sheriff? She very well could have convinced all the other wolves to see things her way and vote to kill Persephone, all because Scott didn't have the chance to become sheriff.

Also, Imogen said that 'we know Mintprincess suspected Persephone'. Which, in a way is true, but she also voted for Remiel for sheriff, while both Persephone and I did not. So, if Imogen had really wanted Scott to win, there is also an explanation for her convincing the wolves to take out Mintprincess. Neither Persephone nor Mintprincess voted the same as she, which could very well have rankled her ire.

Yugi006's scenarios two and three could both be a fit for Imogen's guilt in this terrible tragedy."

Imogen

Imogen blinked. "Wow, Ket... First I killed both MintPrincess and Persephone out of spite, and you 'forgot' the dead wolf on site until Rummy Tum Tum pointed it out."

"Then you adjusted and claimed I killed all three until Yugi pointed out there is no way that could have happened either."

"And this time I supposedly orchestrated MintPrincess' death over the Sheriff votes? Has it escaped you that MintPrincess and I agreed on Persephoné's manner of voting? If I had been so avid about swaying the vote, all I had to do was to ask MintPrincess to change hers. As I could not be certain that Scott was a better choice than Remiel, I did not ask. And I still am not convinced of either's innocence or guilt."

"This is starting to get silly."

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

yugi006

"Anyone could be guilty at this point. There is not enough information to determine who the wolves are. My vote will be for Ket."

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Ket

"Vote for me all you want, but all you'll be doing is putting yourself in more danger, as these deaths will not be avenged by killing off a mere villager. Plus, no more parties."

Scott

Looking at how the only proven wolf at our door voted, and knowing the power of that public office I have to believe Remiel is her accomplice. My vote is for Remiel.

Trieste

Lynch vote:

Ket - 3
Remiel - 2
Imogen - 1
Caeli - 1

Yet to vote:
Remiel
Caeli

Caeli

Caeli pointed at herself when she was accused, flabbergasted. "As a villager, the first vote for the sheriff is just about blind - would you accuse everyone who voted for Remiel to be a wolf?  Wouldn't it make more sense that the wolves scattered their votes to keep their alliances hidden?"

She didn't think it was likely that the wolves had voted for one of their own as sheriff, either, but there was so little to go on. "Honestly, I have no idea who out of the people left could be the last wolf.  I feel like Yugi and Imogen's arguments make sense, though, so I'll cast my lot behind them and vote for Ket."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Ket

"After I throw a lovely party for everyone, and point out to you how certain people could be involved in the murder one of our own last night, you're still going to send me to the gallows." Ket spoke softly. "Well, your choice. I do plan on finishing this bottle of wine first. By. My. Self. You're only hurting yourselves by sending me to my death. I have but a few words left for you."

Dishonor!

yugi006

"I would like to point out that I have no evidence for Ket being a wolf so I'm voting blindly right now. The reason for my choice is that Ket and Imogen are the ones trying to convince everyone else that the other is a wolf. There is the possibility that they could both be wolves trying to protect themselves by sacrificing the other tone lynched but highly improbable. The two possibilities that make sense are either one of them is a wolf or both are villagers. Of course if Ket turns out to be a villager then Imogen might be next."

Trieste

And so, with trepidation, the village strings Ket up by her toes and tickles her until she suffocates to death. A search thereafter of her effects reveals naught but indications of a Villager.

Night 2 - Wherein Fewer People Might Die (Maybe)

Scott

*Saddened by the loss of such a pure innocent soul, and sick to his stomach at the horrible way in which she passed. After attending the solemn burial, and draping a white sheet over the grave to signify innocence. Walking slowly back to his house softly talking under his breath about some things being exactly what they seem, as his eyes blade toward Remiel. "When you're choosing which villager to devour tonight make quick work of it, we've had enough torment in this village for one day. " he spouts off before closing the door.

Kazyth

He hadn't wanted to do it.  That wasn't the way it was supposed to happen, but the will of the mob had spoken.  Poor Ket joined the other innocent victims in the graveyard, and they still had werewolves out there to deal with.  With a heavy heart he tore down the banners, swept up the mess, and went back to his cabin.  He couldn't bear to look at the other villagers, couldn't stand to see the knowledge of what they had done reflected in their eyes.

Sleep... sleep didn't seem likely.

Trieste

Having learned to caffeinate before going out their doors this time, the villagers step out to find a slightly less sceney scene than the day before!

Day 2: The Dayening

yugi006 sits in a pool of his own blood, and it's definitely the amount of blood that a Villager would have!

Who pays for the crime?

Remaining players:
Blythe
Caeli
Imogen
Kazyth
Rummy Tum Tum
Remiel*
Scott

Kazyth

A sad but unsurprised sigh escaped him as Kaz opened his door and looked out upon another dead body.  Once more he gathered up the corpse, carted it out to the cemetery and gave the last rites, before laying yet another innocent body to rest.

"I think we can all see what is happening here.  We're dying by inches, and every inch seems to make the role of Sherrif that much more important.  All I know is that one of the werewolves voted for Remiel, and only a lucky throw of an axe revealed that much to us.  I honestly don't have any better leads on this, I have to go with my gut, and my gut points to our current Sherrif."

Scott

Remiel

Remiel squinted right at Scott.  "Are you sure?  You'd better be sure.  Because by my reckoning, we started with eight villagers and four wolves.  We lost two villagers and a wolf the first night, that brings us down to six and three.  Many of you voted to lynch Ket, and unless she was a wolf in sheep's clothing, that makes us five and three.  With Yugi gone, we're now down to four and three.  So if we guess wrong--and if you lynch me, you will guess wrong--that's it.  Game over, man, game over.  Werewolves win.  So I guess you gotta ask yourself..."

He sidled up, his face right in Scott's face, his mouth contorted into a nasty grimace.  " 'Do I feel lucky?'  Well, do ya, punk?"

Imogen

Imogen ponders Kazyth's words and then nods. "That makes sense. The Sheriff's position is about to become crucial and the werewolves chose to kill Yugi instead of vacating the position. My vote goes to Remiel as well."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Trieste

Due to personal stuff, Blythe can't post right now but he PMed me his vote earlier. I'll chunk it in here now.

Current standings:
Remiel - 3
Caeli - 1

Yet to vote:
Rummy Tum Tum
Caeli
Remiel

Caeli

Caeli pondered for a moment.  "Actually, I think we only started with three wolves - so if one is dead, doesn't that mean there are only two of the wolves left versus five of us villagers?  I think that still gives us some room to maneuver here, and figure out whether Remiel was in league with the wolves, or against them.  Once we see that I think it will help clarify who the wolves might be."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Remiel

"All right.  Since momentum seems to be shifting against me, and not entirely without reason, it seems that I have no choice but to reveal that I am not only the pirate-sheriff, but also the town's Seer.  Unfortunately, the only thing I know is that Scott is probably (80% likely) on Team Village.  I didn't get to use my ability on the first night, because I spent the night in the drunk tank."

On cue, he pulls a flask of whiskey from the inner coat pocket of his duster and takes a swig.  "Don't judge me."

Remiel

(And by the by, Caeli's right.  I miscounted the number of wolves at the beginning.)

Imogen

Imogen stares at Caeli, and then rubs her eyes.

"I was under the same impression as Remiel..."

"I thought there were four wolves at the beginning which is why I considered the last few votes for the Sheriff position highly important. After all, with four of them versus eight of us, it would take only two days before they'd have a majority - IF - the Sheriff was on their side. You can see why the Sheriff's position would have been a highly coveted asset in their eyes. IF MintPrincess or the vigilante had not killed The Professor, we HAD to get out first guess right, or gain a full consensus on the second day. Most of my suspicion regarding Remiel is/was based on that logic, with his making light of the voting's importance not helping either."

"If there really are only two wolves left, that completely throws that logic out of the window.... I will withdraw my vote for now, until I've had a chance to consider the new situation."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Imogen

Imogen frowned and ticked the new information off at her fingers.

1. Since there haven't been cries of outrage at Remiel's claim of being the seer, I will go ahead and accept his claim as true.

2. With there being fewer werewolves than we feared, there is less incentive to grab the Sheriff's position, which means that the weight of those votes devaluated, and looking at who voted for who with regard to the Sheriff's position is less likely to help us.

3. The seer (accepted as true until contested) claims Scott is most likely innocent.

And that means that I can't make heads or tails of the entire situation. I still think the reasons for suspecting Ket were pretty solid, even if the conclusion turned out to be wrong. Unfortunately, that vote is pretty much the only thing we have to go on, combined with the current voting, where Remiel voiced his understanding of the suspicions. This makes it even harder to determine who did what for which reasons....

As I have to vote, I will vote for Caeli, and hope for the best. The only reason I have to vote for her is that she has supported the misguided votes, but only after others are already voted for them and as a result is keeping a very low profile. It isn't much, but I'm grasping at straws.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Kazyth

Imogen presents a compelling case.  I will have to change my vote as well, this time to Rummy Tum Tum, who has been curiously quiet through much of these proceedings.  That seems like biding time, if you ask me.

Trieste

Remiel - 2
Caeli - 2
Rummy Tum Tum - 1

Yet to vote:
Remiel*
Rummy Tum Tum

Y'all have 5 hours (until 10pm mountain time) to finish voting. ;)

Caeli

"Well, I'm not going to vote for myself and now that Remiel has revealed himself as the seer, I'm changing my vote as well to Rummy Tum Tum."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Remiel

So I think our werewolves are Caeli and Kazyth.  Here's my logic:

1. Both the Jailer and the Watcher should have known I was innocent, since I told the Jailer who I was and the Watcher would have seen me visit Scott the night before.  Since Blythe and Rummy were the only two who did not vote for me, I deduce that they are those two roles.

2.  That leaves Scott, Imogen, Caeli, and Kazyth.  Imogen voted for me, but she actually had respectable reasons for doing so, and has been trying hard to persuade me why she voted the way she did.  Either she is actually innocent, or she is trying like hell to win, and I have to applaud the effort.  Furthermore, since she was so suspicious of Persephone at the start of the game, I believe she is actually the Vigilante.

3.  When I scryed Scott, he came up as clean.  It is entirely possible that Scott could be the Sheepy Wolf; however, I always bet in favor with the odds and there is an 80% chance he is on team village.  Thus I'll remove him from the suspect pool.  For now.

4. That leaves only Caeli and Kazyth, and as far as we know, there are two werewolves left.  QED.

Kazyth

Don't you throw that evil on me!  Why would I believe anything that you said?  Especially when you mentioned cosmic interference!

You could have been lying to me.

... if I was the jailer, that is.  I'm not saying I am.

Kazyth

Yes.  I withdraw my vote for Tummy, and throw said vote on for lynching Scott.  Let's just get this horrible business over with.

Scott

Might as well vote for me, I shot my wad the very first night (for the good of humanity of course.) I am changing my vote though because Remiel is making sense and he'll most likely be dead in the morning. Kazyth should beat him to the grave. *Pulling Remiel's name out of the hat for my vote and replacing it.

Hey big bad wolves, I got one of you on my own. nanny nanny boo boo.

Remiel

...you know, you guys are shooting my theories all to hell.   >:(  I was so proud of myself for working it out, too.

Trieste

Scott - 2
Caeli - 2
Kazyth - 1
Rummy - 1

Yet to vote/change their vote 5 times:
Rummy Tum Tum

Rummy Tum Tum

"Pirate, sheriff, and seer. So multitalented!" Rummy commended his fellow rum loving ragamuffin. "In seriousness, I been suspicious of that Kazyth fella for awhile now. But if I'm to be a tie breaker, I will vote Caeli."

Trieste

Wheee!

Caeli - 3
Scott - 2
Kazyth - 1
Rummy - 1

30 minutes!

Imogen

I am removing my vote from Caeli and change it to Rummy Tum Tum. If my estimate is correct one of these two is guilty, and with this voting, the odds now lean towards Rummy. i am willing to explain my reasoning further upon request.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Imogen

i also would like the Sheriff/Seer to look over the votes before a final decision is made. At this stage, I rather have the seer decide the tie breaker than someone of us whose innocence is less certain.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Rummy Tum Tum

"I obviously want to request your reasonin'." Rummy said, aghast at this sudden change of heart.

Imogen

Of course, that is understandable, Rummy, and I am glad you asked. First of all, let me assure you that I am not 100% convinced of your guilt or I'd have voted for you earlier.

I have taken a look at the remaining suspects and listed the pros/cons for everyone. This gave me the following results:

Blythe - used the word 'werewolf' before the Teen Wolf was identified. Might be an innocent mistake, might be an attempt of the sheepy wolf to buy the Teen Wolf some time as it would be risk free for them to do so, and might actually have the seer label them 'possibly innocent' if screened. Is highly suspect at this point.

Caeli - has given me little to go on. The voting for Ket can be reasoned towards guilt as well as innocence.

Kazyth - unknown, but seems to have convinced the seer he is innocent. Since Remiel may have information I don't have, I'll accept his innocence. For now.

Rummy Tum Tum - given me very little to go on. Pointed out Ket's mistake, but as she was innocent it'd have cost him nothing if he is a wolf.

Remiel* - innocent (seer)

Scott - probably innocent (seer screened him, although that's not 100% conclusive, also potential vigilante - not hearing anyone claim him a liar, so I'll accept the claim until it's contested)

In my eyes, that leaves Caeli, Rummy TumTum and Blythe as potential suspects.

This yields the following potential wolf combinations:

Caeli/Blythe
Caeli/Rummy
Blythe/Rummy

With Caeli voting for Rummy at a time where other options were open and potentially sending him to the gallows, and Rummy voting for Caeli, I will remove that combination for now.

That leaves us with:

Blythe/Rummy
Blythe/Caeli

That should identify Blythe as a wolf, and whether the second one is Caeli or Rummy, - as callous as it sounds- it seems we will find out shortly. 

In that light, you'll understand why I prefer the seer to choose, and not you, Rummy? Also, I would very much like to have the others check my reasoning for flaws before a decision falls in this round.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Trieste

Votes closed, y'all.

Final tally:
Rummy - 2
Scott - 2
Caeli - 2
Kazyth - 1

Since there's a tie, Remiel please break it for us.

Remiel

All right.  I believe that Kazyth and Scott are innocent, because no one has stepped forward to challenge their assertions.   I also believe Imogen is innocent, for this reason--

Like me, she assumed there were four werewolves, not three.  A werewolf would not have had this confusion, because they would know how many werewolves there were.  So either Imogen is innocent, or she is an extremely good actress, in which case she deserves to win.

So that leaves Rummy Tum Tum, Caeli, and Blythe.  Out of these three, two of them are werewolves, by process of elimination.  Since I cannot pick Blythe, that basically leaves it between Caeli and Rummy.

Caeli did vote for me for Sheriff, although, and I cannot stress this enough, the Sheriff vote means nothing.  On Day One, Blythe was very keen to get rid of Caeli, while Caeli and Rummy both wanted Ket out. 

Blythe voted again for Caeli on Day Two.  Since Blythe would probably not try to lynch a fellow werewolf so consistently, so early in the game, that means our wolves are either Blythe/Rummy, or Caeli/Rummy.  I do find it very interesting that Caeli and Rummy are now pointing the finger at each other, but perhaps that is a strategy borne of desperation.

Either way, Rummy Tum Tum is certainly a werewolf, and must dance the hemp fandango.  Quite Easily Dead.

Rummy Tum Tum

"And here I thought I'd die at night." Rummy stated rather casually. "I have only one last thing to say: If you are a werewolf, Imogen, you're a damn good one. Got 'em eating out of the palm of your hand."

Trieste

With the Sheriff's pronouncement, Rummy Tum Tum is led to the gallows and hung by the whiskers until dead. Once he is taken down, a search of his effects reveals a Villager.

Time for

Night 3: Wolfennacht

Night roles, please send me the things.

Remiel

"What the...?  How?  But...my logic!" cried Remiel, when it was revealed that they had chosen poorly.

"All right, you fellows.  Which one of you is playing silly buggers?"

He stomped home, and spent the rest of the night writing his last will and testament.

Blythe

Blythe grieves for the loss of yet another villager and says, "I should have tried to be Sheriff. Perhaps my 'bribe them with hugs and pudding' tactic would have worked after all."

Scott

Quote from: Blythe on December 12, 2017, 07:03:12 PM
Blythe grieves for the loss of yet another villager and says, "I should have tried to be Sheriff. Perhaps my 'bribe them with hugs and pudding' tactic would have worked after all."

Maybe belly rubs would have worked, all dogs like that.

Trieste

Day 3: The Bellyrub Club

The townsfolk awake to find a surprisingly clear courtyard! No matter how they search, no carnage seems to have occurred!

But we're gonna lynch somebody anyway because that's how we rollllll.

Remaining peeps:
Blythe
Caeli
Imogen
Kazyth
Remiel*
Scott

Blythe

Blythe says stubbornly, "I strongly believe either Caeli or Imogen are wolves. I'm sticking to my Caeli vote."

Imogen

Imogen frowns, going over her notes once again. "Since Rummy was not the remaining wolf, that leaves Caeli as Blythe's partner in crime."

"No one contested any of the claims made, so I'll accept those as true and that means my earlier logic stands. I believe Scott and Remiel are innocent, and the same, very likely, goes for Kazyth. From my point of view, that leaves Caeli and Blythe.

My vote goes to Caeli.

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Blythe

Blythe says, "My voting record speaks for itself. I have not once yet voted in a way that helped kill an innocent villager--dumb luck, but it fairly clearly speaks to my innocent. Yours, on the other hand, is suspect, Imogen, given what occurred with Ket. I'm far too paranoid at this stage of the game to vote the same way as someone who I suspect is a werewolf, so I am changing my vote to Imogen, especially given Rummy seemed to think Imogen was guilty."

Imogen

She looks up from her notes, glancing over to Blythe. "Ah, I wondered when you'd change it. Sooner than I thought."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Blythe

Blythe says, "Your vote for Caeli was fairly predictable; it's clearly meant as a way to mislead & misdirect. But the fact of the matter remains that you voted for Ket and Rummy. That looks incredibly incriminating."

Remiel

Welp, for what it's worth, Imogen appears to be innocent.

Come on, Villagers.  Cards on the table now.  Keeping what you know to yourself isn't going to help us win this.

Kazyth

Ok folks, cards on the table here, even though I'm probably going to die tonight.

I jailed Caeli, who gave me incomprehensible gibberish as her reply to all of my questions.  But that's fine, the questions aren't important.

We have two scenarios, only one of them really possible.

Either Caeli is a wolf, and the other wolf tried to kill her and failed, which I don't think is a thing.  Or the more likely scenario is that Caeli isn't a wolf, and the wolves tried to kill her, which means that with Remiel, Myself, and Imogen off the table (assuming Remiel is the Seer, which I have no reason to doubt) and Caeli not being a wolf, the only remaining possibilites wolves would be Blythe and Scott.

My vote for now is going to land on Blythe.

Please feel free to check my logic.

Remiel

Yeah, just to reiterate, Scott implied that he was the Vigilante.  Since no one stepped forward to dispute his implication, I took it on faith he was telling the truth.

If the real Vigilante is still among us, now's your chance to speak up, or take your secrets to the grave.

Imogen

Imogen rubs her eyes tiredly and turns the pages of her notes. "If what Kazyth says is true - and I have no reason to doubt him - then Caeli cannot be a wolf. There is more than one wolf still around, so even if she'd been a wolf, the other one would have been free to strike. Since no one died, Kazyth's deduction that she was the intended victim seems correct, and that would leave Blythe and Scott as the remaining wolves."

"I too will change my vote to Blythe."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Blythe

Blythe shrugs and says, "A vote for me will ensure Team Villager loses. I'm a Villager with no special powers. As I said, my voting record is good, and I'm innocent. I can't prove it, and because I have had no communication with literally anyone in private since persephone perished and no special powers, I have no information to offer. I've been in relative isolation, which unfortunately makes me a ridiculously easy target for the wolves."

Imogen

"Blythe, my dear., or not so dear, wolf," she sighed patiently. "There are no villagers with no special powers left...The seer, watcher, jailer and vigilante are the only ones unaccounted for, and two wolves."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Blythe

Blythe says flatly, "Yes. There is at least one left. And it's me."

Remiel

Imogen is right, you know. I'm sorry, Blythe, but you fail the Turing test.

Trieste

Blythe - 3
Imogen - 1

Yet to vote:
Caeli
Scott

Caeli

Caeli listened to the back and forth uneasily. "All I know is that I seem to have bad luck with my votes, and I was jailed last night and it was cold.  It doesn't make sense that the wolves would choose NOT to target someone given the opportunity. If they targeted me while I was jailed - that would explain why no one died."

"I did indeed answer the jailer's questions with a bunch of gibberish - so I confirm Kazyth is the Jailer.  At this point, I think it makes the most sense that Blythe might be a wolf."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Scott

I had but one bullet, and killed Madam Professor, I don't have a clue anymore, so let's hang Blythe.

Trieste

I’mma give y’all an hour to change your mind if you’re gonna.

Blythe - 5
Imogen - 1

Blythe

Blythe's face takes on a certain mien, perhaps comparable to a famous detective, at the thought of the terrible mistake the villagers were making and the consequences it would have for the town.

"I only hope that you will all find the true wolves in time after I hang from the gallows," he says sadly.

Trieste

And so the village decided that Blythe should be cast into the river, and he did not float like a duck, so Blythe drowned. And since he did not float, it was determined that he was, in fact, a Villager.

Sleep well, everyone!

Night 4: Baby Strikes Back!

Kazyth

“Goddamnit! My reasoning was sound! Logically, it had to be Blythe.” Kaz glares at the hanging corpse for a moment, the storms to his hit and slams the door behind him, certain now that the village was doomed.

Kazyth

Kaz pokes his head out the door just long enough to yell, “Unless Blythe was one ‘o them Stealth Wolves! Can’t even trust werewolves to be honest in death these days!”

Remiel

Yeah, ah well.  At least we can conclude we still got the Stealth Super Camouflaged Wolf, even if it wasn't Blythe.

Blythe, if you were innocent--sorry old chap, you were a victim of faulty assumptions.

Trieste

Day 4: Not Bellyrubbed Enough

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below,
When, what to the townsfolk's wondering eyes should appear

But a dead Kazyth and his Jailer keys.

Remaining:
Scott
Remiel*
Imogen
Caeli

Scott

*After filing his toothbrush into the key to open the cell since the jailer didn't show up to let him out, he finally breaks free and announces "Remiel can not breathe another breath", and goes to digging the hole for the innocent Kaz... somehow burying him is a strangely satisfying after he locked me up. 

Caeli

Caeli helped Scott with the digging of the newest grave. "Honestly at this point, isn't it Imogen who's the most suspicious one?  I admit Imogen has played a clever game with us all, but Blythe was convinced of their guilt at the end."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Scott

The road of life is filled with flattened bun buns who couldn't make a decision, so I shall stick with mine...

Imogen

Imogen shook her head at Scott. "I don't believe in Remiel's guilt" she reasoned.

"Firstly, because the night Caeli was in jail, no one died, and secondly, because..." She pointed at Scott, "Vigilante." Then to Remiel, "Seer". And lastly to herself. "Watcher".

"That means we were right when we suspected Caeli the first time."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Scott

Remiel

"Hey guys guess what. Caeli is the last werewolf.

And I strongly suspect Rummy Tum Tum was the super stealthy ninja wolf after all.  It makes sense.  When Kaz locked Caeli up, there were no deaths that night.  Why?  Either someone tried to attack Caeli and was foiled, or, more likely, Caeli was the last living wolf at that point and was role-blocked from killing anybody.  Blythe was innocent after all, because we had gotten the sheepy wolf the night before and didn't even know it.

Anyway, Caeli."

Caeli

"Well, I guess there's no use denying it at this point - I knew it was dangerous to keep Remiel alive, but..."

Caeli shrugs and smiles. "At least I can happily say I took out four five villagers all by my lonesome?"

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Scott

I almost shot Blythe the first night for saying werewolf.