Flight of the Broken-Winged Crane [Exalted 2.5 GSPs & More - Recruitment Thread]

Started by Cessali, September 01, 2013, 12:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

There aren't too many high essence TAW charms, and no elder essence charms for them. Mostly, for me, it's just a boost in my essence pool.

I do need to get the first strength excellency for a damage boost though.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Jarick on September 01, 2013, 12:52:48 AM
CURRENT SIGNUPS
* Wheresmycow - Sanger the Dawn Charger, Dawn Caste
* Anon315 - Elias the Forked Tongue, Fiend Caste
* Zaer Darkwail - Chorgath the Clarity Forge, Defiler Caste
* ShadowFox69 - Cail(ana) the Ever-Shifting Enchanter, Changing Moon Caste
* Darkling - Dreams of Dust, Ecstatic God Queen of the Red Sands, Malefactor Caste
* Rajah - Red-Drenched Maw of the Unbounded Monastery, Artist in Ichor and Antimony, Defiler Caste
* [Player], [Character Name] the [Descriptive Epithet], [Caste]
* [Player], [Descriptive Epithet] [Character Name] [Descriptive Epithet], [Caste]

This looks like the current setup. Mostly infernals at this point.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Also general question; would it be in Chorgath's ability to have hearthstone amulet without background dot devoted for it? As it's fairly simple device and he can craft it himself with his given resources. I just wondered how he could socket the hearthstone from the manse.

ShadowFox89

Alright, got all my XP spent, now I need to work up a background....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Thorn14

I never played Infernals, so I guess I might not be able to join into this.

Rajah

Quote from: Thorn14 on September 06, 2013, 06:00:09 PM

Solars, Abyssals, Lunars (Terrifying Argent Witch variant, all available freely online) and "possibly a lone Sidereal" are also available. We have one Dawn and one Changing Moon already.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Wheresmycow

Quote from: Thorn14 on September 06, 2013, 06:00:09 PM
Be a Solar, for the love of god, be a Solar with me!

I'm so... alone...
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Thorn14

Well how exactly would this party work? I've always been weary of mixed parties because of conflicting goals.

ShadowFox89

Remember, the Reclamation failed. So the warlock's have a goal of whatever it is the individual warlock has a goal of. Cail(ana)'s goal is to get his memories back (or her, the character has no idea what their original gender even is xD)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Idea is that all non-infernals are infernal friendly as char concept. If you want more specified ideas how make a char compatible with infernals, check infernals charsheets and their intimacies etc. Mine is quite a lot incomplete but just waiting Jarick give thumbs up regarding XP spending. But also yeah; no reclamation and so warlocks driven by their own desires.

Thorn14

I"ll have to think about it. The party size also has me worried. I'm not sure how well Exalted handles large parties. So just don't mind me for the time being. (Unless you decide to split things up)

I'll just brainstorm on my own a few ideas.

ChaoticSky

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Jarick, what sort of forms could I start out with? I'd like to get the basic animal forms (like small birds, cat is going to be her totemic form, fish, dog, snake, etc)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Another question;

How functional is Dreaming Pearl style? ive heard things...

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Rajah

Quote from: Darkling on September 06, 2013, 09:32:08 PM
Another question;

How functional is Dreaming Pearl style? ive heard things...

Almost totally functional. Martial Arts, unfortunately, is a horrible trap for Solar-tier Exalted, because Celestial MA are explicitly worse than your actual Charms. Without the Enhanced keyword, Styles are only worth it if they do something cool you can't normally do yourself. Otherwise you're better off inventing Native MA Charms.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Rajah on September 06, 2013, 10:16:02 PM
Almost totally functional. Martial Arts, unfortunately, is a horrible trap for Solar-tier Exalted, because Celestial MA are explicitly worse than your actual Charms. Without the Enhanced keyword, Styles are only worth it if they do something cool you can't normally do yourself. Otherwise you're better off inventing Native MA Charms.
Black Claw seems to do some really useful things, how is it for solaroids?

Rajah

Quote from: Darkling on September 06, 2013, 10:30:09 PM
Black Claw seems to do some really useful things, how is it for solaroids?

Thematically it's fantastic and a lot of fun, and the *way* you pull it off is something you can't do as a Solar. It's functional, VERY well-designed (within the boundaries of a Celestial MA), and 100% serviceable. It's just not Solar level. How much that matters is up to you, really.

Cessali

"They've got the same number and kind of letters they must be the same word herp derp" fixed the Antinomian thing.

@Zaer - You will need to pay the XP to get the hearthstone amulet.  Yes, he does have the abilities to make one of his own without too much trouble; however, as per the Directed Crafting revision, anything that a character forges must be paid for from the new owner's experience tab.  The sorcery sacrifices will work, if your heart is set on them; I was thinking more along the lines of The Station of Choice rather than the station of "I hamstring myself for my future working of High Magic."

@Thorn - With how the characters I've got are, the game is likely to have both a nomadic component (finding and mending strange things, people, and worlds) and a Creation-must-rise-and-unite aspect to it.  This is one of the reasons I'm emphasizing people try to create characters that are not only inclined to but also interested in working together to accomplish their interests, objectives, and ideals.  The primary reason I'm endeavoring to start with eight is that I do suspect there will be some player attrition; life has a way of getting in the way of things.  The world will be moving on regardless of what PCs do; what they get involved in, and what they work to set in motion, will be the make or break of how things turn out.

@Shadow - We'll say pick ten forms for every Charm Cali has that lets her eat a form.  Everything has to be within the bounds of her ability to take those forms.

ShadowFox89

You mean for every charm she has that adds/modifies her mutation library?

And I suppose... you could consider Cail/ana the Wolverine of the group. Willing to work with others, but just as willing to go off alone and raise hell.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Hmm, ive got two pictures i cant decide between, what do you guys think, more mature/evil looking or younger/cuter?  >:)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Jarick on September 07, 2013, 01:29:17 AM
@Zaer - You will need to pay the XP to get the hearthstone amulet.  Yes, he does have the abilities to make one of his own without too much trouble; however, as per the Directed Crafting revision, anything that a character forges must be paid for from the new owner's experience tab.  The sorcery sacrifices will work, if your heart is set on them; I was thinking more along the lines of The Station of Choice rather than the station of "I hamstring myself for my future working of High Magic."

Aha, when take that approach, I edited both my sorcery initiations and my charsheet background to add more 'meat' to it. However 'others paying XP get artifacts from crafter' is quite bit harsh and counter productive; it means no PC ever asks me craft stuff for them unless they can pay it in XP and then why they would need me at all as they can get stuff 'for free' just asking ST give the artifact some point and do some quest or such to get the item they paid for XP.

Crafting is already harsh career with demands on workshops, materials (and background dots for resource, manses etc) and lots downtime needing build them and for artifacts often you need to get extravagant exotic components (which can be quest itself). There is alchemy ritual to turn gold into orihalcum and right there you got the raw materials for artifact (normally anyways). Also there is charm in SWILIH tree which allows turn people into gold, jade or anything you want for crafting purpose.

Also as question; are flaws and merits allowed? Take flaws to get extra XP?

Quote from: Darkling on September 07, 2013, 09:56:01 AM
Hmm, ive got two pictures i cant decide between, what do you guys think, more mature/evil looking or younger/cuter?  >:)

Mature/Evil :).