Skies of Arcadia: Interest Check (2 Females Needed!)

Started by BruceTheCat, July 09, 2012, 10:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

Hey everyone,

I was throwing around the idea of starting a group for a sandbox Skies of Arcadia game. I'm a huge fan of this game, and would love to be able to invent story-lines and adventure around in the world with a flying ship and crew! Let me know in here or by PM if you are interested. Initially my intent is to all play as unique characters, without taking into account the canon of the game itself. So basically Arcadia is in the state that it's in at the beginning of the game.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Laughing Hyena

*Zips on in* Oh sweet god my favorite RPG!

Oreida Wesker

-The mechanic clamours on!- Aye, capt'n, harken to the call of the skies!

EDIT:

General Chart of Charcters, occupation, and magic color.

Male:
Red Lobster - Captain – Red/Fire and Power- Human?
Laughing Hyena – Helmsmen - Human
Dorian Grandale – Task Master- Silver/Dispell - Ligarman

Female:
Oreida Wesker – Engineer -  Green - Half Dwarf
Calison – Look Out – Yellow - Human
StarCry-  Mistress of Lore – Purple- Slime
Hots and Nots

All my devotion betrayed, I'm no longer afriad.

BruceTheCat

Great! I was thinking maybe having 5 or 6 of us? Preferably an equal number of guys to girls if we can manage it. We can always go with 4 though if nobody else seems interested.

Did you guys have any ideas for a character you'd like to play? I don't have any formal sheets or anything yet, but just to throw some ideas around.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Oreida Wesker

Oh, tis always has an idea. I would love to play a engineer again, Oreida 'Clang' Wesker was the whole reason I came to E in the first place, but then Dorian's game went down. Personally I think it was too expansive with so many limited players. Not to mention most of the characters were straight females and there was like only two male characters which didn't fit well with some of chicks looking for a romance story of their own.. >.>

So yeah. 5 if there is an agreed love triangle and 6 if everything would be even. [volunteers for a triangle, though] Clang tends to be a 'Man's galpal', whether trying to hook him up with some cutie pie or doing repairs as a smith or engineer, she always gots your back.

But onto the game ideas! -all excited-

Expedition Ship- Recruited by the Sages to locate and retrieve minerals like precious ores and crystals, harvest herbs for apothcaries and healers, find assortments of animals or hunt them for intended purposes to be cattle, clothing, or food. Sailinggreat distances to find other islands and ports and maybe fight off some buccaneers that buried their gold in the same pleateu the crew was trying to find some boar for their client.

I kinda wanted to stay away from the pirate theme, mostly cause all there is to it is hiding around, fighting, and stealing all the time. The expedition ship could have former pirates that rejoined society, and it would also give them a toe hold in expanding their 'search and locate' business into a little under the radar bounty hunting as well. ^_^

Now, I love Arcadia's rich environment, but as we are keeping the setting, more then the game perhaps[?], are we going to open a bit of our own fantasy in it by allowing other races?

Hots and Nots

Laughing Hyena

I was considering a helmsman. That's as best as I can possibly sum up it because Icarus 'Steele' is perhaps one of the most energetic and adventurous character I have ever played, constantly letting little just stand in his way. Confident and a bit too eager to prove himself in every aspect he considers himself one of the best pilots alive.

Anyway I thought the Black Pirates were the villainous scum and the Blue Rogues were just typical romanticized rebels according to Arcadia's lore. Sides where else will you see seven moons in several different skies?

BruceTheCat

Sounds great Hyena! Helmsman it is.

I love your idea Oreida, I think the group being scavengers for hire would be a great jumping off point to maybe a larger plot. They stumble across an ancient tomb, or buried treasure or something and find an artifact. Maybe we could do a sort of Treasure Island story-line where the group are hunting for some buried weapon of incredible power, all the while so are all of these other evil pirates.

I'm fine with other races, the setting is High Fantasy enough where more than just humans wouldn't really be that weird. As long as of course your race isn't too weird, like a gelatinous blob or something. Haha

Maybe as we progress also, if this RP kinda takes off, we can upgrade to a larger ship and invite more players as the need for more crew increases.
- scribus1000

Kaisude

I know nothing of Skies of Arcadia, but it sounds interesting. Should I know anything? Wait is this a system based game?

BruceTheCat

It's actually based on a Dreamcast RPG game. Think Pirates of the Caribbean, but with flying ships!
- scribus1000

AribethAmkiir

Mark me down for the concept we talked about RL

Kaisude

Can I be a cook or the gunner? I'm totally fine with love triangles and all should that idea come to mind again.

BruceTheCat

That's fine with me Kaisude, you are going to need to do a little bit of outside research on the game world though.
- scribus1000

Kaisude

BruceTheCat

Details about the world, nothing too major but just to give you enough so that your character isn't a total stranger when he looks around.
- scribus1000

Oreida Wesker

There's a Skies of Arcadia Wiki. The world is basicaly a broken planet that scattered islands of wildly unpopulated areas and ports floating around without worry if it's going to tip due ot gravity. Very anime type of game that wishes it was Final Fantasy. :P

I don't think Lobster is using a system, but it's too early to tell just yet. 
Hots and Nots

apostateCourier

I absolutely loved Skies of Arcadia, I used to own both the Dreamcast and GCN versions (I later gave the Dreamcast one away, as I don't actually own a Dreamcast <_<), though I would like confirmation on whether or not any system is going to be used.

I don't want to dive straight into free-form coming from tabletop games, but again, I adored Skies of Arcadia.  I'm certainly interested in playing, say, a gunner?  Or if Kaisude chooses to be the gunner/gunnery chief, I'd love to play as a navigator!

BruceTheCat

Great apostate! Lets wait to hear back on Kaisude as to what he wants to play before you decide.

No there will be no system involved, strictly free-form. I'm also considering not having a post-order either, just letting people post when they want, have their own scenes with another depending who is on, that sort of stuff. Thoughts?
- scribus1000

Oreida Wesker

Suggestive thoughts [giggity]

We could rig up a really simple Action Points for combat and  dice roll for what treasure or loot you get. The way Wiki breaks the game down for understanding, it would be very easy to do and I would love to assist in monster dungeon stuffies. ^_^ I love treasure hunting as much as I love monsters.  Post order would be important unless someone is singled out in battle.

Our normal roleplay [ socializing, sex, networking, haggling, etc] can be freeform.

Post order, yes we can throw out the window, but I would heavily suggest a post limit so people don't have to try and read like ten posts between just two people that couldn't shut up, to put it bluntly. could we all agree on 2-3 posts every 20-ish hours?

Hots and Nots

BruceTheCat

I like the idea of the action point thing Oreida. We can throw something together just to make the game a little more interesting since we won't have a official GM.

I'd like to get one more female 'on-board' for the game before we begin. Aribeth told me she couldn't do more than maybe one post every two days, and I'd like somebody who can do more. Does anybody have any friends who they think would be interested?
- scribus1000

Oreida Wesker

I might, been trying to reach her.
Hots and Nots

BruceTheCat

Let me know what you find out! If we can get her or another female character up for playing, I'd be willing to go ahead and start. Does anyone have any objections to me being the Captain? I'm fine with not being the helmsmen, more like the traditional pirate idea.

Also while we wait for a response, why not throw some character ideas out for ourselves? Go ahead and reply back with your:

QuoteName:
Personality:
Background: (How you became a pirate) If you want your character to start not as a pirate, but on the ship, explain why!
Your Magic Color: (Lets try not to overlap on these)
- scribus1000

Kaisude

i'll play a gunner/cook sound cool? I did some research and understand more now. So cool. I'll just go along with what ever you guys decide to do.

BruceTheCat

Sounds good, go with the gunner and apostate can be the navigator.
- scribus1000

Dorian Grandale

Ah, this sounds very interesting.

How many ships/crews are you thinking of? I could offer two characters. An feline artificer, specializing in weapons, and a draconid heavy warrior. I can offer more details as needed.
"There ain't no sunshine when I'm low, how I'm low.
People tell me life's a game, I'm not playing.
Bitches don't mean shit to me, anymore.
I have taken my blows, I'm still standing.."

BruceTheCat

Unfortunately Dorian we have enough male characters, we are looking to add one or two more females before starting.
- scribus1000