Where does everyone come ?

Started by Noki, April 10, 2017, 01:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noki

I just hang around on the forums but I found that everyone looks coming from everywhere ! So that's my question, where do you came from ?
For me, I'm from France but live in Dublin since 2 months

Verasaille

It's amazing the diversity here! So many people from around the world.

I am from Washington State in the United States.

I love the fact we can speak to people in other countries and make friends all over.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Nico

I come from Birmingham, United Kingdom. It's the place I was born and lived for a while, but I spent a great deal
growing up in Cambridge. I am not living in the UK anymore, though.

Thesunmaid

Puts on my touqe and grabs a coffee from Tim Horton's."East coast of Canada eh?"
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Beguile's Mistress

Southwestern Pennsylvania in the US; Pittsburgh to be specific - home of the Steelers, (American football), Pirates (baseball), and Penguins (hockey)

FigTree

I'm from Kentucky, in the Southern US, but I've lived in four different states since graduating from undergrad; I'm currently in school in the middle of a cornfield in the Midwest.
.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.
Ons/Offs and Image Inspirations
Current Requests Here
A/As Storytelling

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.

summoner2183

Quote from: Noki on April 10, 2017, 01:18:12 PM
I just hang around on the forums but I found that everyone looks coming from everywhere ! So that's my question, where do you came from ?

Born, raised and live and work in Indonesia... though I did study and live in Singapore for a bit when I am growing up. Nice profile picture of a Kitsune btw.

Jason Hunter

Well my story is a little longer than that.

I was born in South Africa, lived there for 11 years, then moved to Zambia for 4 years, Sierra Leone for 4 years, a year in Malawi, university in Australia for 4 years and now back in South Africa. :)

VonHellsing

Central Indiana in the United States! Though if I ever get the funds to do so and not have to be held down by a career, I'd probably either move out west to Colorado where much of my family used to live, or Ireland.

I look forward to the day where I can say "Hoosier daddy" in an RP in the middle of a heated scene.
The difference between gods and demons largely depends on perspective.

Check out my O/Os!

adventurer

I am from Germany. Travelled in Europe and the GCC countries.

Greetings to all,

Alan
"You can discover more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation."
(Plato)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21715.0

Whowhatwhere

The O's and the A's --- AFK every weekend

Chaosfox

Let's see...... I am currently in South Arkansas. From Central Arkansas....... sounds like a thrilling change of scenery right XD .
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Sierra117

Quote from: Noki on April 10, 2017, 01:18:12 PM
Ah, how are you finding it?

From Dublin myself originally, whenever people who aren't from Ireland here I'm from Ireland, they want to hear the accent. It's both a joy and a curse :P

Shekinah

I grew up in Malaysia but currently am living in the UK

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

The Green One

I was born in France and currently I'm living at Madrid, Spain.

Not available for new stories

AmberStarfire

I was born in Australia, lived in the UK for a short time and now I'm living in the west of Ireland. I've been in Ireland for around 18 years, though I was in Dublin for most of that time.

Pumpkin Seeds

From New Orleans, LA in the United States and been there pretty much all my life.  Living in the northeast part of the US right now.  Kinda thinking of trying to move out to Europe though.  Need to do research.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on May 04, 2017, 02:27:46 PM
From New Orleans, LA in the United States and been there pretty much all my life.  Living in the northeast part of the US right now.  Kinda thinking of trying to move out to Europe though.  Need to do research.

And to escape Trump and his cronies? ;)

I'm from Sweden, and indigenous. Have travelled some around Europe, and in Turkey before it became too unstable down there. Apart from Turkey I haven't been out of this old continent, not yet.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Pumpkin Seeds

Quote from: gaggedLouise on May 05, 2017, 05:58:49 AM

And to escape Trump and his cronies? ;)

I'm from Sweden, and indigenous. Have travelled some around Europe, and in Turkey before it became too unstable down there. Apart from Turkey I haven't been out of this old continent, not yet.

Sweden is actually my top choice right now.

Ana 1360

I come from the east coast USA  so many nice people here

Ana 1360

I lived in Dublin Ireland during University

NightLux

Texas, by way of way too many points in the US to list.

You know what might be cool?  A map or something showing where members come from just to see how widespread Elliquiy is.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
RP Status: Seeking new partners
RL Status: Looking forward to my birthday!
Solo Status: 0 (due) / 3 (total)
In Development: 0
Group Due: 0 (due) / 0 (total)
[/td][/tr][/table]

yobo

Born in Norway, and still living in Norway. The southwest corner at the moment.

RedRose

French. Lived abroad short-term several times.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

DominantPoet

I hail from the Great Northern land that many know as Canuckianville Land. Here, we make great igloos made of what is known here as "snow". We wear great fur coats that are made from the fabrics of fakery, but keep us the warm and toasty! Day after day we trudge through the white valleys of doom on our hilarious looking snow shoes, because they kind of look like tennis racquets tied to our footsies. We also play this game we call "hockey", where people with sticks bat around a rather firm piece of circular rubber and try and knock out everyone else on the ice, in order to shoot the puck into a net.

Or, y'know...I'm from Canada. The less funny response  ::)

Lord Mayerling

I'm from the southwestern US originally, near Santa Fe. Now, fahgedaboudit, I've lived in Brooklyn for more than 15 years.

Sweet Trouble

I was born in the State of Kansas in the US. Since then I have lived in California, Illinois, Virginia, Texas, New Mexico, and currently in Louisiana.

HannibalBarca

I live in a small desert town in California, United States, although my father was military and I've lived in many other places, in the U.S. and abroad.
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

HippolytaSwe

Native Swede here too. Lived in UK, US and Canada for brief times though.

Fenrisulfr

And another Swede  ;D

I've never lived somewhere else (but I grew up in a place with quite some ethnic and cultural diversity, so I actually had cultural clashes with other Swedes for quite some time), and visited a handful of countries.

Sylk

Well, "from" is a relative term.  I have lived in 6 states.  Two I could have done without, not for the state, but for the state of mind of the people there I had experience.

I was born in Ohio, USA.  When i was 11 my parents moved us to Colorado in pursuit of their dreams.  I lived there until just after college.  I went to college in Iowa, USA.  I lived there for 13 years.  I met a guy and moved to New Orleans, LA, USA. Lived there for 3 years.  Moved to Lynchburg, VA, USA. hated it. HATED IT.  moved to Charleston, WV and am still here.  Here I will stay. Unless I pay someone to move us, I am NEVER moving again!

Sylk
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

Annisthyrienne

In the land of Dixie, North Georgia to be more precise, about 40 miles north of Atlanta.

Alhanna

Currently living in central Indiana, and have lived in.... California, Michigan, Kentucky, Vermont, Florida, New Mexico. 37 times. Wishing I could move out of there, but haven't the faintest idea where I would move to.

The Oath of the Drake

She's real, she's deep, she's logical and mystical. She believes in kindness and oneness and romance. She's sensitive and distant, a warrior, a lover. She believes in road trips to the stars and dancing with the universe. She's fearless and gentle, wondrous and brave. She lives in waterfalls and forests and sunsets and galaxies. She's the artist, the thinker, the poem and the dream. - Creig Crippen

Ket

Currently I live in in northwestern Pennsylvania, only a couple of miles from Lake Erie. I was born and raised in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and have travelled to Mexico, Canada, Israel, Turkey, ...and some other sandy places.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

RedRose

So nice, Ket! I LUV traveling. Which countries did you prefer?
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]

Avis habilis

Born in southern Ontario, raised four hours due north of Fargo, currently living in far northern New England.

Malrunar

Born in Seattle, lived in Germany for a stint, and now I'm back in Washington state!

Trigon

Currently in New England, but very well may end up in Europe before the end of the year!

CassieBear

Still in the same house I grew up in over in Western Massachusetts. I've traveled a bit for vacations, but haven't moved much (came back home after moving away about 10 minutes up the road for a couple years).
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 1 of 4

Trigon

Quote from: CassieBear on July 08, 2017, 07:12:21 PM
Still in the same house I grew up in over in Western Massachusetts. I've traveled a bit for vacations, but haven't moved much (came back home after moving away about 10 minutes up the road for a couple years).

I'm in Eastern Mass :D

Giantmutantcrab

Montréal, Québec, Canada.

In case the accents on the e's didn't give it away, I speak zee French, hon hon hon.

"Omelette du fromage" and all that.

PassionateDesire

Denmark here. I have been on a couple of boarding schools but not enough so that I can say that I've 'lived there'.

RedRose

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on July 08, 2017, 10:03:47 PM

"Omelette du fromage" and all that.

Omelette DE fromage ;) is it different in Québec?

Fury Aphrodisia

Everything is different in Quebec. Quebec french is a distinctly different dialect from Parisian french. My teachers used to get so frustrated.

I was born and lived on a Mohawk reservation in Southern Ontario, but my father traveled a lot for work (Steamfitter, which meant working on a lot of pipelines). I got to see most of Ontario and Quebec by living a rather nomadic lifestyle in my early years. I lived in Nova Scotia for a while, but there was a huge amount of native intolerance that made life miserable for me. (To be fair, we lived in an extremely conservative, highly rural, "god fearing" portion just outside New Glasgow).

I'm not living on the res anymore, though we frequent it for family reasons. I'm a small industrial city girl, honestly, living in something straight outta World of Darkness.

But I really wish I were from everywhere. I wish I were from parts of the US, wish I were from the UK or Ireland, wish I were from Germany or Tibet, from Japan or Egypt (well... maybe not RIGHT now...) wish I were from a thousand other places or at least could get there on significantly less money than it would take right now. Maybe one day I'll get out there and visit all you various E-people.

Also, Poet... you crack me up.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

TsukiyomiMoonscar

I live in the Netherlands. I'm currently checking out what my chances are when I move to Brittain or the U.S.
We choose the foolish of the world to astonish the wise.
The weak to embarrass the strong.
Nothing is impossible, we must hope for everything.
You don’t have to understand things for them to be
You just have to believe in the unbelievable...

The Vessel

Born in Arkansas, followed my Air Force mother around the country (including three years in Hawai'i) settled, rather accidentally, in Ohio.

I've also spent a day in Mexico and a week in Australia.

letsxflyy

I'm originally from New York, but moved to San Francisco almost 5 years ago.

Rustic

Montreal, Quebec, though I'm part of the minority of anglophones.

SaturnCeleste

Born in Michigan, moved to Florida, moved to NYC, moved back to Florida, moved to Iowa, moved back to Florida.  As an over the road truck driver, I have been everywhere across Canada except Nova Scotia and everywhere in the 48 except a couple New England states.  I want to go to The Netherlands to visit several of my online friends.  I got a thing for Dutchies.  ;D
To some, steampunk is a catchall term, a concept in search of a visual identity. To me, it’s essentially the intersection of technology and romance. – Jake von Slatt
Saturn Reads Tarot (Free) & E*rotic Readings,
Lickable Limericks, Saturn's Celestial Void, Saturn's Celestial Sojourn

whimsy

Quote from: Thesunmaid on April 16, 2017, 07:25:55 PM
Puts on my touqe and grabs a coffee from Tim Horton's."East coast of Canada eh?"

*waves from the West Coast*
o/o ⊱ ☯ ⊰ a/a

Blackjack

*Sticks head in*

South west of England! Ever seen Hot Fuzz? There.

Covert Revulsion

One of the five boroughs of New York City. ^^

Lilias

I was born and raised in Athens (the original and best); then married an Englishman and transplanted to semi-rural Essex.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

GolGol

Born in Gotland, Sweden. I have travelled a lot but I still live in my home country.
My game ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75040.0

Ons and Offs, the updated list,  and pictures. Updated 29/10: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4506

Discord: Plasmapudding#3339

Chewy

I'm from Maryland in the US. I've moved/lived all over the state but I'm actually back home in Baltimore living with my grandmother. She's getting older and I am afraid of her living on her own and since my split with my ex, I knew I needed the chance to get back on my feet so it's kinda a win-win for me. I can look after my grandmother and get back on my feet.

HoodedStranger

I was born in Ohio, went to college in Kentucky and now live here in Michigan. I've lived Texas and Idaho for seasonal jobs though.

GraveDigger

I'm mostly in the United States somewhere where it is far too dry.

Lady Shadow

Definitely a lot of diversity among these parts!

I am from good old NYC, I am sure some of you have heard of it. :D
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Creed

Northwest United States. I'm from one of the cowboy states.

Szandor

Australia! The land of... frankly odd stereotypes. No, I do not ride a kangaroo to school. Yes, I have been seriously asked that. Twice.
Posting Rate: SLOW

Iniquitous

Born in Germany, moved to the States when I was 5.  Lived in Texas and then Tennessee until I was 18.  Have lived pretty much all over the US since, lived in Ottawa, Canada for a period of time. Now back in Tennessee though I would love to move out of the country... failing that somewhere like Colorado, Oregon, or Washington.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Caelia

Texas, where cold weather doesn't exist and summer is eternal.

Cognitive Brainfart

wow, everyone is from such large countries xD

I was born in Czechoslovakia, which split up when I was three. Now I live in Slovakia, in the far east of the country. From lurking around on the forum and overall on the interwebz, I can tell you that the cultural differences between Slovakia and the more western countries (even other EU countries) are immense in many aspects. I actually wonder what the opinion of Slovak people (or Slavs overall) is out there in the world. From what I hear, nothing good xD

SithLordOfSnark

Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

SablePaladin

Israel originally, moved to the States when I was 3. Now in the Mountain West.
Corrupt.
----------------
O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=116344.0 - Modified 10-24-12.
Feel free to send me PMs with RP ideas!

National Acrobat

Born in Central Virginia, although for the middle school and high school years I lived in SW Florida, and had there been a four year University there like there is now, would likely still be there. Moved back to Central Virginia for college and have stayed.

Scalerender

Belgium,

Land of Fries, beer, chocolate and waffles.

And over complex politics, regional rivalry, useless monarch's and civil unrest.

salope

Austria here (we have no cangaroos)
so be patient with my english ;)

marauder13

Quote from: Szandor on September 17, 2017, 10:00:16 PM
Australia! The land of... frankly odd stereotypes. No, I do not ride a kangaroo to school. Yes, I have been seriously asked that. Twice.

On the subjects of Kangaroos, as I kid I lived in Suburban Sydney, close to some undeveloped areas. One morning, I woke my parents to tell them of the roo in the front yard of the folks across the street. They thought I was joking, until the police turned up to catch it. The funniest 30 minutes I have ever seen live as 6 large men chased the roo around that house before they finally tackled it.

Unlike most, I have not been asked if I ride them (I have been asked if I own one), but when I have been asked if I have been boxing with one, I reply "No, but one has laid me flat after literally kicking my arse."

This little black bandit is an East Coast Australian, who as a teenager moved north from his place of birth to the city where he has been ever since.

Kaspider

Born in Scotland, grew up in South Asia (near India) then came back to UK.
I don't see the future. I don't worry about the past. Now's all I have.

Magicaddict

UK, specifically England.  Born and schooled in Worcestershire, college (twice) in Somerset, and now living in Gloucestershire.
"Sex was never safe.  In sex, you reveal yourself physically and emotionally, and that's fucking dangerous." - Jim Steinman

Current Status: Balancing multiple commitments, but not absent.  Average turnaround ~ 6-7 days.

Frelance

I am living in and from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The land where you can go from -35 C to +10 C in less than 48 hours. I spent highshool in Southern Ontario and most of the family is out there along with some of the less Conservative people. Moved back to Calgary three years ago and slipped back into it feeling like home.

Currently happy with our NDP provincial government and I keep hoping that means that the younger less conservative and more open generation is started to out number the older closed minded portion now lol.

Quote from: Cognitive Brainfart on September 21, 2017, 10:37:37 PM
wow, everyone is from such large countries xD

I was born in Czechoslovakia, which split up when I was three. Now I live in Slovakia, in the far east of the country. From lurking around on the forum and overall on the interwebz, I can tell you that the cultural differences between Slovakia and the more western countries (even other EU countries) are immense in many aspects. I actually wonder what the opinion of Slovak people (or Slavs overall) is out there in the world. From what I hear, nothing good xD

Got to admit that I have not heard much about your country. I have learned some about the warfare in the region but that was our of my own curiosity. Here in Canada our public education systems lack a good history course when it comes to Europe. Which kind of makes sense but learning more about every region would be useful.

On a good note Slovakia seems to be on the rise for Tourism. Most of the videos that popped up when I searched Slovakia on youtube were about Tourism. Best part of the video I clicked on so far is a sign that reads:

In Wine
There is Wisdom

In Beer
There is Freedom

In Water
There is Bacteria

I find that to be a great sign, at least for the first two points. It would suck is bacteria filled water is a problem so I hope its not.
Evolution is an arms race

RedRose

Yeah, Slovakia and all that area generally is on the rise for tourism: cheaper than Western Europe, and some really beautiful places. Not that you can't find cheap places in Western Europe. Bacteria - I am unsure. I'd like to think water is ok in the whole of Europe but depending on time and place I know it isn't always the case, so do look into it before going.

The Lovely Tsaritsa

I now live in Krasnoyarsk, in Russia. I live in Brooklyn, many years before. My life is much different, now. :-)

Hush

Quote from: Szandor on September 17, 2017, 10:00:16 PM

Im Australian living in US, back when I was in Australia I had to giggle at some that, once they get their head around the fact that the southern hemisphere and the northern hemisphere have opposite seasons, and the penny drops that December is actually Summer.....I was seriously asked (twice)..."so when do you have Christmas?"

Victorian

Blythe

State of Oklahoma in the USA.

Albeit reluctantly. <_<

SithLordOfSnark

I don't remember ever answering this, but I'm in Surrey, BC, Canada.
Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

Lithos

I come from Finland, closest city would be Oulu. I live someplace bit more rural nearby though.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

himawari

South East Asia.
Singapore.

^ no we are not in China. we are not China.
we are a country on our own. ENGLISH is what we speak. we have 4 different races living together. malays, chinese, indians and eurasians. we have loads of good food due to the culture and multi-ethnic society.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-most-expensive-cities-in-the-world-in-2017-are-mostly-in-asia/

^ more information about my country.  :P :P
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

Wistful Dream

Dallas area, Texas. Originally from California, lived there, granted all over said state, until graduating from high school. I've lived in Michigan, Alabama and West Virginia as well, but mostly California and Texas. Been to Canada and England though!

Mr Quixotic

Canberra, Australia, in the Australian Capital Territory. It's the only major Australian city not on the coastline and, fully planned, was created after Federation when the Governments of New South Wales and Victoria couldn't agree on which of Sydney and Melbourne respectively should be capital. They eventually decided to just create a new city halfway between them, however then NSW said they'd pull out unless the Territory was located within the boundaries of their State. Still in the middle of nowhere, it ended up much closer to Sydney! Born in South Australia, have lived in Victoria and New South Wales as well.
Request Thread And Story Links          O/O's

Current Status - Actively seeking another story or two. If we've noticed each other but, for som reason never connected, or we've written/plotted before and you'd like to again, please shoot me a PM.

'I, myself, am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.'

Sain

Jyväskylä in Central Finland, though lived some time in Sweden and mostly grew up in Southern Finland. I like it here the best though since the nature is closer.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Giantmutantcrab

Life in Color

I was born in Kentucky, but now I live in Colorado (where the water boils faster).

I’ve lived in the US, Saudi Arabia, and Germany.

And the places I’ve visited are way too numerous to type on my phone.

<3

Wyldeviolet

Middle Earth.... Well, the place used as Middle Earth. Aka: The Central Plateau, New Zealand.
[/url][/center]

persephone325

Representin' little ol' Delaware here! ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

ChicagoOkie

I'm originally from Oklahoma, but have lived in Chicago, Illinois for more than a decade.
Random PM's welcome.
Available for the right story.
O/Os Updated story ideas. May/9/2021
A/As
RP AD
BDSM Test

Caradoc

Born in Texas, have lived in New York, several places in Massachusetts, Washington DC in a few places, and several in Virginia, which is where I am now. Planning on returning to Texas in roughly nine years.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

TerribleTira

Texas... I moved around for a bit right out of highschool, mostly staying in Texas. Later, I lived in New Mexico for about a year... and now I've been stuck back in Texas for a good while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKdcjJoXeEY

RampantDesires

Greetings from Georgia, land of peaches, Coca-Cola, and all those Marvel movies :D

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Aleph

Another Australian here, in the vicinity of Melbourne.

persephone325

Quote from: RampantDesires on April 07, 2018, 05:19:23 PM
Greetings from Georgia, land of peaches, Coca-Cola, and all those Marvel movies :D

*gives dagger eyes* :P
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Captain Maltese

Middle of Norway. Ignore the few industry areas and this place looks like Rohan. Literally. The area my house stands in was a battleground for six countries at the start of WW2 and the central area was bombed and burned to the ground at the time, then was a cultural center for the occupying nazis and the quislings until the end of the war - we still have some nazi statues buried into the ground. A 100 years ago there was a major mudslide that took out a lot of homes, farms and lives. Back in the viking age this was a little kingdom and we had one of the largest viking battles here - the local guys won the battle but lost the war. The earliest signs of civilization in this area go back 7 thousand years; tracks of their iron making, boat building and fishing and hunting can still be found. Sure makes one wonder what will happen here next. There's a discrete NATO storage base nearby with enough gear for a couple of American armored divisions...

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Atucan1983

Southern California, USA. It was 103 degrees here today. :o

Phoenixrisen

I was born in the far northern part of California, raised all over the western US, and finally landed in, and living in Texas. I haven't read all the posts here, but I wouldn't be surprised to see lots of Texas posts, there seem to be lots of Texans in these parts from my experience.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

southerngambler

North Carolina USA. I am a proud Tar Heel!!! We have the ocean and the mountains both about a 6 and a half hour drive away from one another.

Adrasteia

I'm from South Coast England, riiight in the middle, although we get lumped in with South East presumably because we don't sound enough like farmers.

Now I'm living... Well, as far as I'm concerned it's West Country, given the proliferation of cider and people saying 'where's it to' instead of 'where is it', but the Devon and Cornwall lot might beg to differ.

TurtleInTheSheets

Singapore.

Not sure if anyone knows that but yeah, it's a little red dot.

[acronym=Turtle's Doodles and Other Stuff (SFW)][/acronym]
[acronym=Turtle's StoryTelling Cafe][/acronym]
[Acronym=On and Offs][/acronym][acronym=When There's Nothing Hard Under The Sheets (Updated 09/09/2018)][/acronym][acronym=Turtles reserves the rights to change posting rate without prior approval][/acronym]
||  Drawn by TurtleInTheSheets  || 

Ingexthefuryhunter1

Iniquitous

Born in Germany. Live in Tennessee in the south part of the US.  Have lived in Canada briefly, and too many states in the US to list.  Have a dream of either getting out to the Pacific Northwest, the far northeast (Maine), or finally get my arse back over to Europe (ideally Norway or Sweden).
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

gscmar64

Born In Toronto Canada and reside 25 mile west of my birthplace in Mississauga, Ontario!

Vicissitude

The American Southwest!  Warm, sunny Arizona!

fienda

Born in New York, raised in Philadelphia. Lived in Puerto Rico for about 4 years, Virginia for a year, California for about 3 months, Hawaii for about 4 months, and now Alabama for 2 years.

I've been to a few different islands in the Caribbean, a handful of the States in the US and a few ports in Panama (even went through the Panama Canal!). Haven't spent as much time in Europe as I would like, but I did visit Paris and England during high school.
To you nature seems something hostile; you have made devils out of the smiling gods of Greece, and out of me a demon.
For as long as there has been a sea to sail upon, there have been pirates. The heart of piracy is freedom. Freedom from society. Freedom from law. And freedom from conscience.
Posting Speed: On Hiatus

Mechelle

I live in, and am originally from, what is now the hot and dry north of England, in the suburbs of Manchester. I have lived on the south coast in the past.

Kit Cat

Born, bred and denied all knowledge of in Birmingham, England for my sins

GolGol

My game ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75040.0

Ons and Offs, the updated list,  and pictures. Updated 29/10: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4506

Discord: Plasmapudding#3339

Mackenzie101

1st post...

Wellington....Aotearoa, New Zealand

yay

CrownedSun

North Florida, on the First Coast, pretty much. :-)

At least for the past... 8-months or so.. XD

Hob

Western New York.

Which is NOT 'upstate New York', despite what anyone from downstate will tell you.

manlocksol

Why rush to the goal when you can have more fun on the field?

fienda

Quote from: Justric on July 14, 2018, 06:06:10 PM
Western New York.

Which is NOT 'upstate New York', despite what anyone from downstate will tell you.

Lol, coming from Rockaway, I always thought of New York as: the burroughs, upstate, rochester and almostCanada. Never even thought about 'western' new york, not gonna lie.
To you nature seems something hostile; you have made devils out of the smiling gods of Greece, and out of me a demon.
For as long as there has been a sea to sail upon, there have been pirates. The heart of piracy is freedom. Freedom from society. Freedom from law. And freedom from conscience.
Posting Speed: On Hiatus

Hob

Quote from: fienda on July 16, 2018, 06:49:42 PM
Lol, coming from Rockaway, I always thought of New York as: the burroughs, upstate, rochester and almostCanada. Never even thought about 'western' new york, not gonna lie.

*chuckling* Western NY is pretty much anything west of Rochester. We were famous once. Niagara Falls, Buffalo was the 8th largest city in the US, the "Western Door" of the Erie Canal... Now we're famous for bungling a billion dollars.

la dame en noir

Born: Oakland, California
Lived: Chico, California for a year as a child
Raised: Sacramento, California
Lived: Berkeley, California for a few months
Lived: Detroit, Mi for 2 years Ages 23 to 25ish
Currently: Macon, GA and I hate it

Destination: Atlanta, GA or back to California

Dream?: To live in Europe for a number of years.

I'm such an adventurer.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

marauder13

Well, this little black bandit was born and lived my preteen years in Sydney, Australia, then escaped to Brisbane, Australia and been here ever since.

Al Terego

Quote from: marauder13 on July 19, 2018, 09:14:16 PM
Well, this little black bandit was born and lived my preteen years in Sydney, Australia, then escaped to Brisbane, Australia and been here ever since.

So basically you come from a land down under
where beer does flow and men chunder?

Fedalas

Born in a small town way down in South Africa, currently living in Sussex, England.
It is upon the hills and among the meadows that I think of you the most.

AyyNaniMoose

West Virginia.

Yes, I've heard the song,
Yes, I have an incredibly thick accent when I'm not consciously masking it,
and Yes, I'm aware of the myths.
99% of them are true, I assure you.

Nico

Quote from: AyyNaniMoose on August 19, 2018, 09:07:41 PM
West Virginia.

Yes, I've heard the song,
Yes, I have an incredibly thick accent when I'm not consciously masking it,
and Yes, I'm aware of the myths.
99% of them are true, I assure you.

... Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River. Life is old there, older than the trees..

Sorry, I totally did not want to resist. :P Good, old John Denver.

As for moi. Born on the isle. (Yes, that isle. Birmingham to be precise. And yes, I can pull that accent, still.). Grew up mostly in Cambridge, though. Moved to Berlin/Germany when I was 18 to attend Art School. And now I live elsewhere. ;) Still in Europe, however.

RipTide

Born in the Green Mountains; Vermont. No, it's not part of Canada. :)

Currently living in Massachusetts, south of Boston. Close to the cape, close to the city, close to Newport, RI. Not bad at all.

Posting Rate = 1-2 posts/story/week

What Does a Siren Crave? === What Does a Siren Prefer?

Rhael

Coney Island, New York City.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
~~ Current Status: Unavailable (7/7 RPs) || My O/O Thread || 1x1 Wanted Roleplays ~~

car2nage

Wolf O Donnel

A quick cheer for the others living in England WOOP WOOP

I live in Birmingham in England currently.

Nico

Quote from: theron64 on November 09, 2018, 02:56:09 AM
A quick cheer for the others living in England WOOP WOOP

I live in Birmingham in England currently.

Hah! I've been born there! ;D

Wolf O Donnel

Hang on.... Nico.... You've been born more than once? (That's the way it reads to me hehe ) How the hell have you managed that???? Lol

Sorry just my mind and sense of humour xD

Nico

Quote from: theron64 on November 09, 2018, 03:06:05 AM
Hang on.... Nico.... You've been born more than once? (That's the way it reads to me hehe ) How the hell have you managed that???? Lol

Sorry just my mind and sense of humour xD
Like I will spill all my secrets. :P

Wolf O Donnel

Quote from: Nico on November 09, 2018, 03:08:46 AM
Like I will spill all my secrets. :P

Ohhh cheeky, hehe but then again you wouldn't be you if you weren't cheeky

Nico

Quote from: theron64 on November 09, 2018, 03:10:55 AM
Ohhh cheeky, hehe but then again you wouldn't be you if you weren't cheeky

#SorryNotSorry

Wolf O Donnel

I've been out the loop for a while what the hell is #sorrynotsorry??????

Nico

Quote from: theron64 on November 09, 2018, 03:15:07 AM
I've been out the loop for a while what the hell is #sorrynotsorry??????

This. :P

Wajin

Denmark, born and raised. Lived on the mainland for most of it.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Mutt

Was born in Northeast Ohio and lived there for around twenty-three years.

Then I got seduced from someone I met on WoW and moved down to Alabama to live/date with him.
Been just over a year now...I love the weather down here but sometimes I do miss home.

ladybee

England, all of my life. VERY English, by which I mean I'm literally drinking tea as I write this
Just a silly Roleplayer

Captain Maltese

Quote from: ladybee on November 29, 2018, 10:28:03 AM
England, all of my life. VERY English, by which I mean I'm literally drinking tea as I write this

...but is there tweed?

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Tolvo

Illinois, I visit Chicago every now and then. It's quite nice, lived her my whole life. We have lots of good food and sights and nice places. Unfortunately I'm terrible at directions so I can never help people find anything. ^_^;

yobo

I come from Norway.

One thing I really love about this place is that I can meet people from all over the world who share a common interest with me, writing. :-)

Tolvo

I thought I'd get a bit into the state where I live. I live near Chicago, I don't mind saying that because it's not really explicit, since Chicago is so massive you can see it from space.

So here using google maps with satellite images, behold the size of the city of Chicago, the Chicagoland area, Illinois, and the USA.

It takes me over an hour to reach Chicago from where I live, and I live next to it. The population of Chicago itself is about 2.7 million, that's who lives there. Not including people who commute there to work from across the state and from nearby states.

Rhode Island the smallest state in the USA is 1,212 square miles. Chicago is 234 square miles. For reference, Paris is 40 square miles, with a population of 2 million, Grand Paris has a population of 7 million, Chicagoland has a population of 10 million, Illinois has a population of about 13 million. About 10 million people live surrounding and in Chicago, and 3 million live in the rest of the state. Chicagoland is roughly 10,857 square miles.

We have 10 congressional districts in Chicagoland alone of our 18.

Yeti

I'm from the Tulsa area, in Oklahoma. 

Its a lot nicer here than most people think when they hear Oklahoma.  We actually have hills and trees and everything! :)
Current status: Available and looking!
Story ideas page coming soon...I hope!

Yeti-nomicon (O/O), Yeti Calls and Creations (Music and Art), Playful Yeti (Story Ideas), Yeti Tales (Storiytelling), Elusive Yeti (A&A)

Ephemeral

I come from the embarrassing state of Florida. Yes. Florida.

heavensends

I was born in Germany on a military base hospital since my mother was stationed there when she was still in the army, so I’m still an American citizen, and I’ve lived my whole life in Washington state in the US. :>

TheLionKing

Kaernak

Southwestern Virginia in the US

Lady Shadow

Born and raised in NYC. Lived in Brooklyn like Jay-Z, rode the 6 when I lived in the Bronx like JLO.

Truly, there is no city like this and I LOVE it here.

Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~