{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anon

Ally blinked at his smile before returning it with one of her own. "That depends entirely on the definition of great distance. I've been around the world though." She grinned. "That is probably distance enough." She tilted her head, bells swinging against dark hair. "So, what is it that you see, fortune teller?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

Priest

Damien nodded as he tried to understand the subtle distinction in her statement; clearly there was something there “I thought as much; I can see from the form of the number the dice has given me  that your journey has come a long way.  The n..n..umber 8 represents the two worlds; the mat..t..erial and the spiritual.” 

He began to toy with the dice, his nerves were starting to get the better of him.  He had enough experience of the dice to know the direction they pointed in but he was conflicted with how much he should tell her.

Damien tried to think and lifted one of the chocolate balls from the plate; bringing it to his lips he took a bite.  He felt the thin and perfectly formed chocolate shell break and flood his mouth with a smooth liquid that felt a rich and as luxurious as anything he had ever tasted yet poured down his throat like liquid fire, no doubt aided by the dusting of red pepper on the surface that now mixed with the liquor.  He blinked hard as the fullness of the taste hit him.

anon

The briefest of frowns crossed Ally's lips before she smiled again. "Spiritual and the material, huh? Aren't those always the choices." She murmured, watching him as he took the first bite of the chocolate. They were said more as a statement rather than a question. "You still haven't told me my fortune though. I know my past." She grinned. "It's the future that I'm looking for." Not that she really believed in the mumbo-jumbo. It was too strange and frightening for even Ally to accept that her life could be that much out of her control. "And how are you liking the chocolates?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi softly crept into Corner Sweets, making sure to not disrupt Ally and the customer that she was with. The first thing that she noticed was that Ally's newest creation, sugar chicks, were making a ruckus. She went over to the case and used her powers to quiet and soothe them. "Hush" She said sternly, glancing over at Ally to make sure that she was occupied before releasing her powers to quiet them. She started making coffee, she occupied herself  with the coffee and making a fresh batch of hot chocolate.

anon

The suddenly silence was shocking. Ally spun about and turned to the counter to see Aoi behind it. "Oh thank heavens you know how to make the coffee...they've banned me from the machine." She wrinkled her nose. "And the trick is to add a bit of milk into the chocolate. " She winked at the girl. "Where's your beau?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled, "I'll remember about the milk in the chocolate. I'm sure he is around somewhere, probably out on a job assignment." She giggled, blushing.

anon

"Job assignment?" Ally's eyebrows shot toward her hairline, wondering exactly what kind of job the man would hold. Her smile turned mischievous. The fact that Aoi had not dispute her claim wasn't lost on her. "So I have no need to make any sugar sculptures for you two, do I?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed, "Oh I'm sure that you would make it if you wanted to. But you don't need to. Rex and I, I guess you could say that we grew up together. When he comes back in, you will see the difference." She said, twirling.

anon

Ally blinked at the changes in Aoi's demeanor before her smile widening. She remembered the quiet girl's first appearance. Clearly the guy had done much to bring the girl out of her shell. "I look forward to seeing him again then." She grinned. "Provided that the wasabi truffles didn't scare him off."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

“The chocolates are r..r..eally quite;” he tried to grasp for a suitable word.  “Exhilarating.”  With a cursory glance at the dice he spoke again.  “It appeared that the d..d..dice were right about me feeling adventurous.”

He turned as she did and watched the exchange between Ally and the newcomer whose name he didn’t know, the exchange allowed him to gather his thoughts and ponder on the meaning of the dice; He gave them a glare, an almost unforgiving look and then; as though a whisper floated through the air he lifted his face to his jacket and cast an accusatory look at it.  “Don’t think I don’t know your behind this.” he whispered whilst the two talked; hoping his moment of oddity had gone unnoticed.

anon

"So those are a success." Ally grinned triumphantly as she looked back to him. Her eyebrow arched a little at the whisper, but then, she herself was prone to little eccentricities. She would have dismissed it, but her curiosity prompted her question to be voiced. "Who's behind what? Oh and by the way," she held out her hand, "I'm Ally."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

For a fraction of a second his face dropped; she had heard him chastise him[/h] “That is the O..original owner of the dice.” He relaxed his face and prayed that didn’t sound as creepy to her as it suddenly did to him; but it was too late.  The words had left his mouth and he couldn’t retract them now

His eyes met her hand and a little hesitantly Damien bought his hand to her; firstly discreetly wiping it on his jeans as his palms were becoming a little clammy with the nervousness that held him.  “Goo..ood d..d..day to you A..Ally.  I am D..Damien.” he smiled as best he could.

anon

"Damien." She let the name roll off of her tongue with a smile. "Nice to meet you." Her slim fingers closed about his hand briefly, her eyes meeting his. Curiosity continued to show on her face. Ally was never very good at concealing her feelings. She released his hand and braced against the table again. "Well that answered the who. What's the what?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

Damien struck a fine balance between a genuine smile and looking uncomfortable at Ally’s curiosity.  His eyes darted from her to his jacket and then to the dice.  He picked them up and with them resting in his open hand he gave her the chance to take a closer look.

“I…I.. have v…very little recollection exactly h..how I came across them.  I cannot re..remember much beyond two months ago; but for an occasional flash.  I d..do know that for whatever reason these are of importance to me.  He is behind these.  I have the feeling he hasn’t forgiven m..me; but I can’t remember for what.”

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed, "Oh, I'm sure that he would be thrilled to try another one of your surprises." She smiled, watching Ally and Damien interact. There was something very intriguing about this man. She wanted to ask him questions but she held back her natural curiosity. She busied herself with drawings and ideas for new sugar creations.

anon

Ally raised an eyebrow. What's up with all of the amnesic people coming in here? She lifted her fingers and brushed against the cool surface of the dice before drawing her fingers back sharply. A flash of frown across her face before her smile return again in all its brilliance. After all, she wasn't exactly the prime example of normalcy herself. To each their own quirks, she supposed. "Whoever it is is behind the dice that you have in your hands? Are you saying that he controls your fate?"

She leaned back, pushing herself away from the table. "That can be a scary thing, to have another force controlling your life. And," she rapped her knuckles on the table, "it is often easier for others to forgive you than for you to forgive yourself." Her fingers fluttering, she flashed him another smile. "I best let you get back to your food."

She left him behind and headed back to the counter, heels of her shoes snapping against the floor. She smiled at Aoi. "Oh, he asked for it. I did give him ample warning." She peered over her shoulder. "What are you doing?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed, "Oh really? Well, then, he might just ask for more..." She looked at her drawings of chocolates and sugar creations. "I'm just thinking of ideas that you could try out or that I am interested in trying my hand at." She replied, showing Ally the drawings of icy truffles filed with cold creams and hot truffles filled with fire liquor. "What do you think?"

anon

"Hm." Ally studied the drawings, concentration on her face. Gone was the teasing looks, in its stead, that of a thoughtful artist. "That's interesting. It's been done though, so why not reverse it though? Contrasts makes things more interesting, brings out the flavors more." She blinked at the drawings. "You know how to handle sugar and chocolate?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi blushed and scuffed her shoe a bit. "I can handle sugar, chocolate, and I can make all sorts of pastries. I can also create sweet healthy things for pregnant women." She said sheepishly, twirling her fingers in embarrassment. She studied the drawings.

anon

Ally grinned. "Talk to Eva if you get the chance? I think she'll happily employ you. We're always looking for an extra pair of hands here...I think. And definitely pitch the whole healthy bit at her." Ally giggled, bells shaking. "I'm not quite the nutritionist. Taste over health, thank you very much."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi nodded, "I will definitely talk to Eva, when I see her. I used to be a midwife before I came here. I can usually make everything taste good, you could too. You have the skills and the passion." She said, thinking about how along Eva was and if she could help her in her last months.

anon

"I can, but I won't." Ally giggled as she made her way back to the counter, thinking about the times her experiments had been deemed as too hazardous to the customer's health for even a trial run. She poked at the quieted chicks. They peeped but remained quiet as she arranged them in small groups on the tray. She smiled at Aoi. "Where's the fun in that?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled as Ally rearranged the chicks, "You could make more creatures, like fire-breathing dragons that breathed sugar flames of different colors. Wouldn't you like that?" She asked, looking at her new friend.

Priest

Damien nodded; she was quirky and insightful and despite his stuttering and stammering; this had been the most relaxed he had felt in company for a long time.  “It could be that it is my burden to bear. I am unsure; but I feel that at one time I controlled his fate so maybe it is only right that the favour is returned.” 

He smiled as she rose to return to the counter.  “Thank you.  It was nice to have your company.” It was only as she was walking away that he realised he hadn’t stammered in the last exchange between them.  He picked up the sugar dice and rolled them around in his hand before glancing across at his jacket with a grin.  He sent them skittling across the plate:

Roll Result: Priest rolled: 2d6
Comment: An unspoken question
Result: 2, 6,
Total: 8

His concentration intensified.  The number 8 was reoccurring and this was disconcerting.  He glanced around the rest of the shop and watched events for a moment in the way he so often viewed life; as an outsider.  Then he scooped up the sugar dice and popped them into his mouth.

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi watched the man with interest. She was curious about his dice that he had been throwing with Ally. She turned and whispered to Ally, "Who is that man and what is up with those dice of his?" She was burning with curiosity but not brave enough to approach the man.