Tavern of Ghosts

Started by Xillen, June 05, 2009, 11:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhapsody

Well, if it's punishment you're looking to dole out... I've been a baaad girl.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

LadySky

*giggles and begins stalking Rhap with her velvet flogger!*
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Marguerite

-Chuckles and watches-
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Desan

Quote from: Rhapsody on June 25, 2009, 07:45:08 PM
Well, if it's punishment you're looking to dole out... I've been a baaad girl.

Mmm.... *Plots*
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Saku

QuoteUhm, no. This is a thread that I made because the forum moderators wanted me to make one.

Since the living can actually read this thread, you can't talk about anything gamerelated in here.

Sorry for the confusion

OOOOOH! Okay! Woopsie won't do that again xD ^^ hehe

Ooooh yes LadySky you can paddle meeee! :)

EDIT: *gobbles food LadySky puts out*
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Avi

*stalks LadySky with a paddle of his own*
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

LadySky

*wiggles and waggles booty for Avi*

*continues stalking Rhap and now Saku!*
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Xillen

I'm sorry, but this is going to be my last werewolf game I run here.

I'm putting quite a bit of effort in this game, trying to get something fun going on, but apparently, whatever I did was enough for people to ask Valerian to forbid me to join her game.

So seriously, people do NOT like how I run this.

I'll wrap up the current game, but that's it.

I thought this was an adult forum, but the Werewolf game makes me wonder again :/

Autumn Sativus

That sucks. They were fun while they lasted. My tip for next time is to put a cap on the number of players, like everyone else mentioned. 20 is probably a good number. It divides evenly and what not.

Perhaps in the future you can try again. ^^;
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Xillen

Quote from: Saffron on June 26, 2009, 04:09:19 AMMy tip for next time is to put a cap on the number of players, like everyone else mentioned. 20 is probably a good number. It divides evenly and what not.

It was no problem the last time around, so I wasn't going to guess beforehand it would now. I've run games with much more people and they were awesome. I already took the hint and was going to split them up.

Quote from: Saffron on June 26, 2009, 04:09:19 AMPerhaps in the future you can try again. ^^;

Nope, sorry. I'm getting too much shit tossed at me for trying to run this on Elliquiy, unlike any other forum.

Not to mention that I'll be distancing myself from the forums. Staff is doing their best to make me feel unwelcome.

Teno

Why not let us know where you will be holding it, so we can come over if we want? I thought it was a great idea, especially how all the roles keep you on your toes.

Xillen

I'm currently not running it anywhere else in Play by Post form, only in a chatroom.

Usually when I run it in Play by Post form, it's in dutch, so that's not really going to help you.

Rhapsody

Very sorry to hear all that, Xillen.  I enjoyed it while it lasted.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Ryven

Quote from: Xillen on June 26, 2009, 03:56:24 AM
I'm sorry, but this is going to be my last werewolf game I run here.

I'm putting quite a bit of effort in this game, trying to get something fun going on, but apparently, whatever I did was enough for people to ask Valerian to forbid me to join her game.

So seriously, people do NOT like how I run this.

I'll wrap up the current game, but that's it.

I thought this was an adult forum, but the Werewolf game makes me wonder again :/

Seriously?  WTF?

While I admit that I had some concerns about game mechanics and roles (which had nothing to do with Xillen running the game itself), I can't believe they'd do that!

I'm actually quite shocked at that.  I'm sorry, Xil.  I really did enjoy the games while I've been in them.

Xillen

I'm sorry. Apparently I was incorrect, and it was entirely Val's own decision.

I'm clueless about how she links all the problems directly to me, but alas, that's the case.

LadySky

So no more WWs of Miller's Hollow? *plops down and cries* It is one of my daily stress relievers!

Saku

O.O I don't really know what to say, I'm never really good at words ... but I am shocked too. I liked all the games you set up, even though I only was part of 2 of them was it? hehehehe but they were fun while they lasted :)

Thanks Xillen for letting me join! ^^
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Vekseid

Quote from: Xillen on June 26, 2009, 08:14:21 AM
I'm sorry. Apparently I was incorrect, and it was entirely Val's own decision.

I'm clueless about how she links all the problems directly to me, but alas, that's the case.

You repeatedly harassed Valerian over multiple topics and issues, over and over again, even after being told to stop.

I have no idea why you are surprised that she turned you down for her game. It was offensive and inappropriate for you to even ask. She - and most of my female staff - is not comfortable with you.

There's something seriously wrong with that, and not with them. Every member with a white or purple tag is a flesh and blood human being, just like you, with functional tear ducts, just like you. They are not here to be antagonists, they are here to help make Elliquiy a better place.

You seem to have a need to cause damage lately, just for the sake of it. I have no idea what, or why. Just remember rule twelve, please.

Xillen

Then you might be happy to read that I'm just wrapping things up and taking my leave from E.

Apparently, staff has all the rights to be angry at me, but I have no rights to even discuss stuff they say about me.

I'm not going to struggle on day after day to get picked on, so let me wrap up this werewolf game and I'm gone.

Vekseid

A person's game thread is never considered to be an appropriate place for complaints about them. We have an entire forum for negatives. Those deletions were not special. That sort of thing routinely gets reported and addressed.

Some people don't like how you run things. Welcome to the club. There are three forums dedicated to how much I suck. The only reason I never played is PM access is a conflict of interest.

Valerian is not comfortable with you. The least courtesy you could do is respect that and not try to force yourself on her. There's no more reason to her refusal than that. Throwing out assumptions like the above is a big part of why she is not comfortable with you.

Go, or stay, but staff are people too, and they do not need to be forced into playing with people they have no wish to.

Xillen

Quote from: Vekseid on June 26, 2009, 10:49:18 AMThere are three forums dedicated to how much I suck.

I never said you suck, and if I would I'd be lying. You set up an awesome place here.

I'm just disappointed that you failed to at least understand my point of view on some of the issues. But alas, can't have it all.

Quote from: Vekseid on June 26, 2009, 10:49:18 AMValerian is not comfortable with you. The least courtesy you could do is respect that and not try to force yourself on her.

I was sort of aware of that. I do regret the things that did occur.

After the most recent conversations between her and me, I was hoping to be able to show that I could also just be an interesting player in someone else's game. I guess it was an error of judgement on my side, or perhaps too soon.

I understand now that the earlier problems between me and her are the reason she didn't want me to join, and I understand those. It's the reasons that she gave that were sitting rather unhappy with me.

Quote from: Vekseid on June 26, 2009, 10:49:18 AMGo, or stay, but staff are people too, and they do not need to be forced into playing with people they have no wish to.

I'm afraid it's just going to escalate again and again, as neither side is really happy about seeing the other side. I think I'll do both sides a favor by wrapping stuff up.

Vekseid

Quote from: Xillen on June 26, 2009, 11:01:02 AM
I never said you suck, and if I would I'd be lying. You set up an awesome place here.

It was not about what you said, it was a matter of comparison - you cannot please everyone. At this point I just accept that and move on. Even here - I know some people aren't comfortable playing with me. That's fine, there are enough people here : )

QuoteI'm just disappointed that you failed to at least understand my point of view on some of the issues. But alas, can't have it all.

I was sort of aware of that. I do regret the things that did occur.

After the most recent conversations between her and me, I was hoping to be able to show that I could also just be an interesting player in someone else's game. I guess it was an error of judgement on my side, or perhaps too soon.

I understand now that the earlier problems between me and her are the reason she didn't want me to join, and I understand those. It's the reasons that she gave that were sitting rather unhappy with me.

I'm afraid it's just going to escalate again and again, as neither side is really happy about seeing the other side. I think I'll do both sides a favor by wrapping stuff up.

Personally, I think you just assume way too much. That is quite frustrating, because you base your arguments on those assumptions and effort has to be spent backtracking to them.

Really... everyone on staff now is staff because they want to make Elliquiy a better place. Even when making mistakes. There isn't a single person on staff who asked to be there. There's a reason for that policy, it genuinely works well.

Avi

*blinks*  Well, for what it's worth, I enjoyed each game I participated in, especially the second.  It's unfortunate that there are disagreements between Xillen and some other members.  Perhaps a couple of the loyal fans could step up and split the group to run a couple smaller Mafia-esque games in the future?  I'd be more than willing to run a game of plain old Mafia.  *dons his Godfather hat and jacket*
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

LadySky

I really hope that someone will be stepping in to run the game, I really enjoy it. I would be happy to help in any way possible!

Marguerite

-Puts on her chaps-

I have no problem helping to run a few of the games.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You