[Numenera]Interest Check - Post apocalypse science-fantasy, all players welcome!

Started by Galactic Druid, March 03, 2015, 11:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

No worries, we'll work on your sheet together in PM. Anyone else that's trying to figure out a detail or two, I'm happy to help as well.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Crash

My muse has just died at the moment.  Sorry all I am going to drop.  Enjoy the game!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Galactic Druid

Awwww, I'm really sorry to hear that, Crash. You and Xuin will be missed!

Galactic Druid

Just confirming; Re Z L, pumpkin Seeds, Urbanzorro, and CeruleanSerenity, are you guys still interested?

Urbanzorro

I am, was out for the weekend but I should have a character sheet up sometime Monday.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

CeruleanSerenity

I'm still around... still interested, but still on the fence too. I haven't been able to give this much thought recently...

How many players do you have? I was thinking of staying out since it looked like the game had a lot of interest already, but since some other players are backing out, I'm not so sure anymore.

Galactic Druid

It looks like 3 confirmed so far; Urbanazorro, Aiyanna, and Darkling. There's still room!

Urbanzorro

*Mumbles something about the benefits of being the only guy in a group with 2-3 women. *

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Ok, I think I got the stats down. I'll have the back-story up shortly.

Max(Short forMaximillian)

I am an Exiled Jack who Howls at The Moon.

Damage Track: Hale

Might: 12
Might Edge: 0

Speed: 15
Speed Edge: 1

Intelligence: 11
Int Edge: 0

Armor: Leather Armor(1 Armor Point)

Effort Level: 1

Weapons and Damage:
-Unarmed: 2 Damage
-Axe:4 Damage
-Bow: 4 Damage

Cyphers (Max 2)
-Matter Disruption Detonation: A small handheld sphere that can thrown up to a short range. Explodes in an immediate (10 foot) radius, releasing nanites that rearrage matter in random ways. Inflicts damage equal to cypher level.

Skills and Inabilities:
-Practiced with Light & Medium Weapons
-Trained in all tasks involving sneaking.
-Trained in all tasks involving foraging, hunting, and finding safe places to rest or hide
-Assessing danger, lies, quality, importance, function, or power
-The difficulty of any task involving social interactions is increased by one step.
-Loner (No benefit when helped with a task from another character who is trained or specialized in that task.)

Special Moves, Abilities, and Esoteries:
-Flex Skill(Running)
-Practiced in Armor
-Pierce (1 Speed point - Speed Edge = 0)
-Beast Form
-Connection: One other PC is able to soothe you when you’re in beast form. You’ll never attack them while transformed, and if they spend three consecutive turns using this action to you can revert to your normal form without having to make a roll.

Equipment and items:
-8 Shins
-Clothing
-Explorer’s Pack
-Pack of Light Tools

Artifacts and Oddities:
-GM Assigned Oddity #1
-Accurate Chronometer:(Chronometer artifact that always lets you know when the next transformation is coming)
-Bracelet: Has a tiny bell charm that, when intentionally rung, bellows as loud as a belltower.

Backstory:
Max was a farmer once, an average man living a peacful life. He had his crops, his livestock, his home, and his town. All in all it was a pretty good life, at least he thought so. If you had asked him then where he thought he'd wind up his answer would have probably been that he would soon be married to one of the women of the town, with children of his own to look after. What it would not have been was that he would be an exile from the place of his birth. Forced to flee and never return. But as fate had it, that was to be Max's story.

Things began to turn south one night when Max was awakened from his sleep by the sound of one of his animals crying out in pain. Believing it to be one of the smaller predators that frequented the area Max grabbed his axe and made his way out to either kill the beast or at least scare it off. But, what Max found was something else entirely. Instead of a small creature, ill suited for killing anything as large as a man, Max found himself face to face with a monster. A massive beast of fur, claws, and teeth. A living breathing engine of violence and destruction. It was by some miracle that Max managed to survive the night.  But he did not survive unscathed. The beast left him with a large claw wound across his chest from which to recover.

Max was still not fully recovered by the time that the town's harvest festival arrived, but his fellow townsfolk wouldn't let him sit it out. Much like Max's life in microcosm, things went well at first. Max ate good food, danced with beautiful girls, laughed, and was merry. But as the afternoon grew into night he found himself feeling ill. He started to sweat, he felt a pain in his chest, and finally he felt his stomach cramp. The last thing about that night that he clearly remembers is standing doubled over in the street, with his best friend trying to call for help. Max's next memory is of the morning after, of the destruction, the bodies, the burning houses, and the blood on his hands. He awoke to a hell of his own making, to the bodies of several of his fellow townsfolk ripped apart, to the rest of the town having fled the scene, and to the fact that he was the guilty party.

Since that day Max has lived the life of a exile, hiding in the wilderness for as long as he can, hoping to keep others safe from the beast within him. Very rarely does he travel into populated areas for fear of another catastrophe.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Galactic Druid

Holy shit, Loner is one brutal inability! I'll PM you your Cyphers and Oddities in a bit so you can edit them in. I think I overlooked it though, what gave you the second oddity?

Also...
Quote from: Urbanzorro on March 09, 2015, 07:43:00 PM
*Mumbles something about the benefits of being the only guy in a group with 2-3 women. *
What about me? =P

Urbanzorro

The Jack sheet says I carry two, unless I misunderstood it. Lemme double check.

Whoops lol, mistook "Cypher" for "Oddity" somehow when I was typing up the sheet.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Galactic Druid

Galactic Druid

I'll do the same thing for cyphers I did with Darkling, do you have any preferences for which way the die may roll? Offensive toys? Defensive toys? One shot weapons? Strange utility devices?

Urbanzorro

I'm open for anything really. I enjoy the randomness of the whole 'roll for stuff' aspect of systems.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Galactic Druid

2 randoms it is!

And wow, that first roll was a hell of a roll.

A level 6 Matter Disruption detonation.

A small handheld sphere that can thrown up to a short range. Explodes in an immediate (10 foot) radius, releasing nanites that rearrage matter in random ways. Inflicts damage equal to cypher level.

That catch on that is that it's an Occultic Cypher, meaning it counts as two, and I wouldn't want to start you off with more cyphers than you can carry, triggering a cypher danger roll. So, you can either take that or....

Cypher 1: Memory Lenses
A pair of eyeglasses that, when activated, allow the wearer to mentally record whatever they see for the next 30 seconds, permanently committing it to a photographic long-term memory. Useful for watching someone perform a quick action to dissect later.

Cypher 2: Metal Death Level 3
Synth canister with a pliable hose with an open end. When activated, sprays a foam that coves a 3 foot area, turns any metal it comes into contact with into a substance as brittle as thin glass. Effects penetrate up to 6 inches of metal.

Galactic Druid

For the Oddity....

Huh, this one is interesting.

A bracelet that has a tiny bell charm that, when intentionally rung, bellows as loud as a belltower.

Re Z L

Still interested!  I'll hopefully have something pieced together tomorrow-ish
A&A

Urbanzorro

I shall take the Matter Disruption Detonation, I flipped a coin to decide ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Urbanzorro on March 09, 2015, 09:49:11 PM
I shall take the Matter Disruption Detonation, I flipped a coin to decide ;D

Good choice, that seems like a hell of a toy!

Quote from: Re Z L on March 09, 2015, 09:45:17 PM
Still interested!  I'll hopefully have something pieced together tomorrow-ish

Awesome! If you need any help, feel free to ask.

Galactic Druid

So question; are you guys looking to do grand save the world kinda stuff right out the door, or would you prefer smaller stories that aren't all going to one big grand scheme?

Right now, I have a couple of side stories planned that focus on each character's background and abilities, especially Urbanzorro. I just wanted to be sure you guys were interested in smaller, personal story arcs.

Urbanzorro

Personally, I'd be interested in some smaller side stories. I like the idea of our characters not always being on some grand mission to save the world.

But then again I'm also the person who always gets SUPER distracted from the main quest during rpg games.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Aiyanna

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on March 10, 2015, 12:28:56 PM
So question; are you guys looking to do grand save the world kinda stuff right out the door, or would you prefer smaller stories that aren't all going to one big grand scheme?

Right now, I have a couple of side stories planned that focus on each character's background and abilities, especially Urbanzorro. I just wanted to be sure you guys were interested in smaller, personal story arcs.

Little missions are good. I wanna save the trees before I save the world!

is just kidding about the trees.
When you message me, please use the same message thread every time.
Ideas
O/o's

Galactic Druid

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

ChaoticSky

I too am pro-little missions. I find a segmented epic arc with little personal stuff in between is the best mix. But little things that eventually lead to a big thing is also interesting and underdone.