A Satellite's View of the Storm

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2011, 09:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

From NASA

2010 was the wettest year on record and 2011 will probably only get wetter.

Wyrd

Is this storm going to his southern Ontario any time soon? I has hoping for some snow, but so far nadda :P
Ragtime Dandies!

DudelRok

I keep hearing about this "freakish weather" and still can't help but think this. I know that's absurd (absurdest thinking is what I do best) but it just me wanna say: "Science fiction turning science fact!" XD

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Vekseid

Calling that movie 'science fiction' is an insult to everyone who tried to incorporate science in their science fiction >_>

DudelRok

Quote from: Vekseid on February 02, 2011, 12:38:13 AM
Calling that movie 'science fiction' is an insult to everyone who tried to incorporate science in their science fiction >_>

I've nothing wrong with Soft science fiction. :p

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Oniya

I think I'm somewhere in the giant Nike swoop.  (That's based on what little I can see of the Great Lakes, not on the weather outside.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wyrd

Quote from: Vekseid on February 02, 2011, 12:38:13 AM

I thought the movie was pretty good
Ragtime Dandies!

Alika Luminos

*soft, muffled noises can be heard coming from a monstrous snowdrift somewhere in the vicinity where Alika was last seen*

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Aurora Wayland

I live in florida, so im all cozy down here.

DobbyDevotchka

I can't imagine it getting any wetter!  It's not necessarily wet here in Alberta, but I recently came across an interesting photo blog of the Brisbane flood in Australia that showed before and after pictures of how the water pooled in the residential and metropolitan areas.  Crazyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I have to try and find that link!

despickable

It's been raining for four days here in Melbourne Australia.The Brisbane floods were freaky although it is monsoon season at the time they struck just a little worse than normal. If it keeps raining here any longer, I might have to invest in building and Ark

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Vekseid

The Mississippi is already reaching record flood levels, while there is a record drought in Texas.

gaggedLouise

Bah, around here the sea freezes up for  months every winter, for miles off the shore. The northern Baltic is packed solid with ice some years, literally from Sweden to Finland. Lenin escaped out of Russia by walking on foot across the Baltic, about 150 miles, in 1908 (Finland being part of Russia back then) and the winter of 2009/10 had almost that kind of ice cover.

http://www.canstockphoto.com/frozen-sea-0227283.html

Around the time when the second image was snapped from space I read in the newspaper that a large military icebreaker that, in the past, had gone on scientific expeditions in the high Arctic, had been defeated by the ice of the northern Baltic - it was that thick, and trains were getting slowed down by the snow and ice all over Scandinavia.
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/view.php?id=43042&src=nha

(posting url's instead of reloading images because I've had trouble getting IMG hotlinks to show up on this site, though they work fine elsewhere)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Leta97

We (in England) had a really gorgeous April, one of the hottest and least wet we have ever seen and now two weeks into May we are getting all the April showers... i have to think that our summer has already been and gone and i never soaked up as much as i should have!

Oniya

We're getting a lot here in Ohio as well - I just wish it would be sunny long enough to get my seedlings out into the garden so that they can take advantage of it!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17