MGAP Roleplay Recruiting: Need Magical Girls & Monsters.

Started by Nazora, December 10, 2010, 11:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

Heheh, some nice lines in it. "There's two things in life that piss me off. One is when toast falls butter-side down and the other is being called '-chan'!"

EDIT: Ooh, BTW, while I'm here... question for Nazora - do our Magical Girls turn back into guys when they are not being, well, magical?

DKDBSD

Quote from: Haibane on December 21, 2010, 01:26:35 PM
Heheh, some nice lines in it. "There's two things in life that piss me off. One is when toast falls butter-side down and the other is being called '-chan'!"

EDIT: Ooh, BTW, while I'm here... question for Nazora - do our Magical Girls turn back into guys when they are not being, well, magical?

It doesn't seem like it I think the characters are stuck in their female forms. That just makes it even more funny.

bend

Everything seem to indicate they're female forever.

Not that it matters to Reiko, since she's been turned female from monsters before becoming magical...
- A&A - On & Offs -

DKDBSD

Quote from: bend on December 21, 2010, 01:40:36 PM
Everything seem to indicate they're female forever.

Not that it matters to Reiko, since she's been turned female from monsters before becoming magical...

I wonder how many of the girls will become gay or actually start liking men.

pendarious

i wonder about that too actually.

and hyena i don't mind you using the name it's fine.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Nazora

I got busy on some unexpected RL work today and couldn't progress on the location threads. Since it is unanimous about having the location in an isolated location with access to a large town and forests I liked Haibaine's idea about having the location on the island of Hokkaido. I want to do some research and hopefully I'll have a thread or two ready by tomorrow night and am researching the island a bit tonight to get a better a feel for where to put the university and to know more about local geography, culture, and customs. in answer to a question, once a boy takes a wand and fights the first monster he gradually starts changing.

The more the monster is beaten, the greater degree of the change. Once the monster is beaten, the change is complete. If the monster runs away the boy will be a girl by the next dawn. If the monster defeats the boy, then it is assumed he wasn't meant to be a magical girl and he remains a regular human boy, though he can always try to defeat another monster! Once a girl, it is permanent and irreversible even if she quits fighting monsters or passes on her powers to the next person.

Kampher is a fun anime and manga!

Hyena, I'll get back to you later, have to take a pass tonight.

Okay, that's my status, I really want to get a few threads up so people can start role playing soon.
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Haibane

Thanks for clarifying. So several (all?) of our MGAPS will begin the game as guys then? Yes?

bend

Just to know, Nazora, did you receive my PMs? Is the incubus character OK?
- A&A - On & Offs -

Videospirit

Here you are.

Name: Edogawa Jun
Appearance:
Personality: If you could sum Jun up with one word, that word would probably be Oblivious. He's Honest... but he's completely incapable of telling when others are lying. He's considered brave, but he has no clue when a situation may be dangerous and casually walks right into trouble. He always looks for the good in others, and fails to see the bad in the process. He works towards his goals in as straightforward a manner as possible, but could do with a little more tact. Despite this he has a sort of natural magnetism that's elevated him in the eyes of his peers and he's seen as the goto guy when you're bored and have nothing to do, as he's constantly up to date on whatever activities, festivals, and the like are taking place nearby. He's also got a bit of a knight complex, women are considered sacred and no man should ever cause one harm and should strive to protect them etc. Typically this causes him to become captured or controlled by the Monster of the week after failing to do any significant harm to them.
History: Jun and Aaron were fellow students in the way of the sword, usually friends, but sometimes rivals as well. Jun never once won a match against Aaron in all the time they knew each other, although no one else they knew could beat Jun, Jun seemingly an eternal second best. When Aaron had his fateful encounter that turned him into Eirin, Jun was hospitalized with pneumonia he'd caught while training underneath a waterfall in another gambit to "power up" and defeat Aaron once and for all so he could finally take his place and win the interhigh, it being his last chance before he graduated highschool.  When he got out, he couldn't find Aaron anywhere. It took him several weeks to learn that Eerin was Aaron's cousin, despite being in the same class and having his teacher mention it casually on her first day. With Aaron "transferred away" Jun was able to win the interhigh in his place, but it was a hollow victory, and he's never stopped pestering Eerin about Aaron's new address. Wanting to have a conclusive rematch with his rival once and for all, he's even taken it so far as to follow her after she graduated high school, as she is his only tie to Aaron's whereabouts.

Crovonovin

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays!  I'll try and get my own Dean proposal up later in the week once the excitement has died down a little.

Laughing Hyena

Haibane

Given that there could be slack times between playing an annoying sex-mad teddy and playing an annoying sex-mad blob I am thinking of playing a student. What do you need most Nazora? Love interest to a MGAP? Rival? A more general friend?

I have something more sneaky up my sleeve as something she does on the side but I wanted to fill one of the roles that really need filling initially then see if my idea can be worked in.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Haibane on December 27, 2010, 04:51:51 AM
Given that there could be slack times between playing an annoying sex-mad teddy and playing an annoying sex-mad blob I am thinking of playing a student. What do you need most Nazora? Love interest to a MGAP? Rival? A more general friend?

I have something more sneaky up my sleeve as something she does on the side but I wanted to fill one of the roles that really need filling initially then see if my idea can be worked in.

It looks like we need the love interest  or a best friend character.

Haibane

*Nods* I was thinking maybe bend or pendarious' characters want/need another character to bounce scenes off. Those two are a bit friendless at the moment. Maybe a girl they BOTH had crushes on before they transformed...? Presumably now they've transformed they are still heterosexuals and thus still attracted to girls...if they had a crush on the same student that makes them rivals which could open up some fun...

How soon after the game begins will these other two guys transform in MGAPs?

DKDBSD

Quote from: Haibane on December 27, 2010, 05:47:23 AM
*Nods* I was thinking maybe bend or pendarious' characters want/need another character to bounce scenes off. Those two are a bit friendless at the moment. Maybe a girl they BOTH had crushes on before they transformed...? Presumably now they've transformed they are still heterosexuals and thus still attracted to girls...if they had a crush on the same student that makes them rivals which could open up some fun...

How soon after the game begins will these other two guys transform in MGAPs?

Well vid created his best friend character for Pendarious.

Haibane

Oh, I thought he had created him for you?

EDIT: I was going by the characters as set out/assigned roles in the first post of this thread.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Haibane on December 27, 2010, 06:34:34 AM
Oh, I thought he had created him for you?

EDIT: I was going by the characters as set out/assigned roles in the first post of this thread.

No he went by who created there character first. It's in this post

Quote from: Videospirit on December 21, 2010, 12:57:20 AM
Was busy with early christmas stuff for the last few days but I've got a moment to plot out a character now. Going to go with Pendarius since he posted his character first. Have the character done but running it past Pendarius to see if he wants any adjustments, I'm writing my character into his characters backstory afterall. As for location... northern Honshu sounds ideal. Most of the characters have an asian, especially japanese feel anyway(Well... it is anime inspired after all). Maybe the school itself can be on a hilltop near the edge of a city, overlooking it from quite a ways above.

And as for the Dean... how about the one we don't choose gets reworked to be a bitter about it second in command looking to usurp the dean's position?

Haibane

DKDBSD

Quote from: Haibane on December 27, 2010, 07:44:00 AM
It looks like Nazora's post is wrong then :(

I just think there was some confusion actually.

Haibane

It isn't a problem. Given that it would be surprising if we had a sudden influx of players wanting to join, the current show of interest is probably all the player's we'll have so I could offer a girl whom two of the three GMAPs have a crush on/are chasing. I don't think it matters much which ones as long as each player has enough story lines and sub-plots to keep each role bubbling along, in which case I'd be open to any two magical girls (or rather non-magical boys) vying for her attentions and then once the transformations happen we can see what fun ensues.

DKDBSD

pendarious

*laughs* that whole exchange was pretty funny. though my character is a girl from the get go (or however the hell you say it) since it's in the backstory she's been an MGAP for two years already *shrugs*
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Haibane

Okay, that takes her out of the equation though. I can play a girl that both DKD and Bend's guys are attracted to.

But wasn't DKD's girl the first new MGAP in this area, with Nazora's one the current (only?) existing MGAP at this location?

Or have I misunderstood something?

bend

Bear in mind my character has no emotions from her former life. She's been changed into a girl and manipulated by monsters so she remembers she used to be a guy but every emotion connected to those memories are gone. She'd say it's like they happened to someone else.
That doesn't mean she can't have a crush for somebody now
- A&A - On & Offs -

Haibane

Hm, that rather defeats the object of what I think Nazora wanted this game to be like. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think part of the fun of this game is boys-newly-changed-into-girls-and-suddenly-having-to-deal-with-it. With all the fun and embarrassing and saucy relationship complications that go with that.

If one MGAP has been this way 2 years already and another has been brainwashed you are both disarming a big chuck of the potential fun of the situation aren't you?

Would either of you like to think about rewriting your characters so that the cute and funny "Oh my God I'm suddenly a girl and what will my girlfriend say!?" sub plots are kept in?

Right now the ex-GF character I'm proposing seems rather pointless since at every turn players are saying "Nope. Won't work with my char. Nope, been a girl for two years...". Yet the ex-GF and now a rival character was one Nazora specifically wanted in the game.

EDIT: Also, forgive me if I've got this wrong, but I thought the game would start with only Nazora as the local area MGAP with DKD's boy recruited just as the game opens (see her opening scene where there is only the Original MGAP active). The other two MGAPS being converted into girls as the story went on. So... unless a lot got discussed behind the scenes in PMs, both your characters begin the game as ordinary guys...