Werewolf 3; VILLAGERS WIN!!

Started by Galactic Druid, May 29, 2016, 06:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mintprincess

Quote from: Deamonbane on June 04, 2016, 08:32:27 PM
I wasn't in a correct state of mind when I cast my first vote. I want to vote in favor of caution for the moment, gather my bearings.

I'm sorry for the scene that I made before, guys.
*Hugs tightly*  It happens.  All is well.  And we shall find some wolves now. 

Seranova

Quote from: Remiel on June 04, 2016, 08:27:53 PM
The only person at this point who I'm reasonably certain can be trusted to be a villager is Aiden, and that's because if he was full of shit, somebody certainly would have called him on it by now.  Everybody else is suspect.

So, what you're saying is that because a potential real bodyguard or healer isn't calling bullshit and outing themselves at the same time, Aiden must be trustworthy? It's almost like you're fishing for exactly that to happen, Remi.
Sera's Ons/Off's
Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

NightOwl35

Quote from: Remiel on June 04, 2016, 08:27:53 PM
The only person at this point who I'm reasonably certain can be trusted to be a villager is Aiden, and that's because if he was full of shit, somebody certainly would have called him on it by now.  Everybody else is suspect.

I'm highly prone to disagree with you on that one Remi.

The only people who could call him on it would be the healer or the bodyguard, our only protective roles during the night. Should either speak up saying "I was the one who defended Aiden" or "I did not defend Aiden, he is a liar" then we have one of the villages special roles outed to the wolves. They could then turn or kill the person and we'd be down that person and their ability (provided the ability wasn't the healer).

The fact of the matter is, is that Aiden could very well be a wolf. He sees that their attack was blocked and he claims he was the one who was attacked. If that is the case then it's a way for the wolves to out those special roles. Conversely, he could have been contacted BY the wolves posing as one of the roles to try and gain an alliance with the town. Or he could very well be a villager, been attacked, protected, and contacted by the person with that role.

In any case, coming out and saying "I was the one attacked and I was protected" is a bad play.

AmberStarfire

Unless he wasn't analysing all the strategies and just said it because at the time it was his interpretation of what happened.

But I agree with NightOwl that there are a range of possibilities.

I wondered if it might be one of the others who approached him or if Guy told him.

Aiden could you confirm whether it was Guy?

Mintprincess

Quote from: Seranova on June 04, 2016, 08:40:11 PM
So, what you're saying is that because a potential real bodyguard or healer isn't calling bullshit and outing themselves at the same time, Aiden must be trustworthy? It's almost like you're fishing for exactly that to happen, Remi.
I think Remi makes a good point. Now is the time to call out Aiden and let us know he's full of shit and no one has done that yet.  Of course, given the number of inactive people (sorry Bane!!!!) it's possible they haven't had the chance to come out and speak yet either.  I think it's a little early to say we trust Aiden 100%. It's also entirely possible the bodyguard nailed it right on the head or that Aiden self healed.  Point is, while I do think calling him out is the best strategy, it's a little early to say it should have happened already.

Ceralilly

Quote from: AmberStarfire on June 04, 2016, 08:45:26 PM
Unless he wasn't analysing all the strategies and just said it because at the time it was his interpretation of what happened.

But I agree with NightOwl that there are a range of possibilities.

I wondered if it might be one of the others who approached him or if Guy told him.

Aiden could you confirm whether it was Guy?

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on June 03, 2016, 07:01:13 PM

Secondly, werewolf victims do not get any information that they are or were, other than learning they have died in the event of a successful attack. If a player were to be guarded by the bodyguard, or healed by the healer, they wouldn't get any such message from me. I hope this helps clear things up!

He said no earlier, hope that helps!

Quote from: Mintprincess on June 04, 2016, 08:47:14 PM
I think Remi makes a good point. Now is the time to call out Aiden and let us know he's full of shit and no one has done that yet.  Of course, given the number of inactive people (sorry Bane!!!!) it's possible they haven't had the chance to come out and speak yet either.  I think it's a little early to say we trust Aiden 100%. It's also entirely possible the bodyguard nailed it right on the head or that Aiden self healed.  Point is, while I do think calling him out is the best strategy, it's a little early to say it should have happened already.

I Kiinda asked him but it wasn't aggressive like...Git em Sheriff!!!
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Seranova

I'll be the guy to call Remiel out officially. That bait was way too real.
Sera's Ons/Off's

Remiel

Quote from: NightOwl35 on June 04, 2016, 08:42:18 PM
I'm highly prone to disagree with you on that one Remi.

The only people who could call him on it would be the healer or the bodyguard, our only protective roles during the night. Should either speak up saying "I was the one who defended Aiden" or "I did not defend Aiden, he is a liar" then we have one of the villages special roles outed to the wolves. They could then turn or kill the person and we'd be down that person and their ability (provided the ability wasn't the healer).

The fact of the matter is, is that Aiden could very well be a wolf. He sees that their attack was blocked and he claims he was the one who was attacked. If that is the case then it's a way for the wolves to out those special roles. Conversely, he could have been contacted BY the wolves posing as one of the roles to try and gain an alliance with the town. Or he could very well be a villager, been attacked, protected, and contacted by the person with that role.

In any case, coming out and saying "I was the one attacked and I was protected" is a bad play.

They wouldn't have to admit anything, other than saying Aiden is full of it.   

Here's my logic: either Aiden's telling the truth, or he isn't.  If he's telling the truth, then we know that the wolves tried to target him, and he was either protected by the Guardian or healed by the Healer.    Or maybe he protected or healed himself.   In any event, he's a villager, and the only one of us who has been vetted at this point.

If he isn't telling the truth, he's attempting a very bold and dangerous gamble.  He's gambling that the people who know what really happened will stay quiet, perhaps too afraid to stick their necks out.  But they really should (if not in public, then at least in private, to someone who they were reasonably sure they could trust).  Why?  Because then we'll know that Aiden's a wolf, and we'll get him in the next lynch vote.  And then that's 20% of the way to a village win.

Seranova

Quote from: Remiel on June 04, 2016, 09:12:40 PM
...if not in public, then at least in private, to someone who they were reasonably sure they could trust...

In private? To you? Mr Woof?
Sera's Ons/Off's

Madame Professor

After some catch up, Right now, the most suspicious person on my radar is Amber. Her logic isn't really lining up with me.

The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Remiel

Quote from: Seranova on June 04, 2016, 09:17:13 PM
In private? To you? Mr Woof?

Certainly not to you, Mr. I'm-in-league-with-NightOwl-and-I-can't-wait-to-throw-Remiel-under-the-bus-because-I-know-he's-right.

Fuck it, I'm switching my vote to Seranova.

Clio

Honestly, I don't trust Aiden at this point...but I don't distrust Aiden either. He could just be throwing out theatrics for the heck of it.

We're not exactly sure yet, so I'm not going to go all out and call him a wolf to begin with. However, I am suspicious.

I was quiet today because of OOC health reasons, and like Guy and some of the others said, we shouldn't necessarily assume that quiet people are quiet on purpose. But that's just my opinion.

As for others, I don't really know who I'm super suspicious of. I mean, I suppose Mint is a possibility, but I'm not seeing anything that stands out to me overmuch. And I don't want to kill the Sherriff if we're not sure. Right now, I think I'm debating between Remi and Amber based on the limited information we have. But I don't know. I'm going to vote for Amber at the moment, but I might change if I see some more evidence pointing to someone else.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Seranova

Quote from: Remiel on June 04, 2016, 09:21:18 PM
Certainly not to you, Mr. I'm-in-league-with-NightOwl-and-I-can't-wait-to-throw-Remiel-under-the-bus-because-I-know-he's-right.

Fuck it, I'm switching my vote to Seranova.
I'm sorry. I was the first to claim bullshit on your plan to out the bodyguard or healer. Night spoke up after. If you're a villager, it's in your best interest to make sure the important roles stay hidden. I don't know if Aiden is full of it or not, but I don't want roles to start calling him out and exposing themselves.
Sera's Ons/Off's

NightOwl35

Quote from: Seranova on June 04, 2016, 09:26:20 PM
I'm sorry. I was the first to claim bullshit on your plan to out the bodyguard or healer. Night spoke up after. If you're a villager, it's in your best interest to make sure the important roles stay hidden. I don't know if Aiden is full of it or not, but I don't want roles to start calling him out and exposing themselves.

Just wanna make a note of saying that Seranova's post came while I was in the middle of typing mine up. Not too important, but just a clarification :D.

Mintprincess

Quote from: Remiel on June 04, 2016, 09:12:40 PM
They wouldn't have to admit anything, other than saying Aiden is full of it.   

Here's my logic: either Aiden's telling the truth, or he isn't.  If he's telling the truth, then we know that the wolves tried to target him, and he was either protected by the Guardian or healed by the Healer.    Or maybe he protected or healed himself.   In any event, he's a villager, and the only one of us who has been vetted at this point.

If he isn't telling the truth, he's attempting a very bold and dangerous gamble.  He's gambling that the people who know what really happened will stay quiet, perhaps too afraid to stick their necks out.  But they really should (if not in public, then at least in private, to someone who they were reasonably sure they could trust).  Why?  Because then we'll know that Aiden's a wolf, and we'll get him in the next lynch vote.  And then that's 20% of the way to a village win.

I think it's a little too bold to be so openly vetting someone at this stage of the game, though.  I don't like those odds much at all.   I don't know that we can guarentee anything right now.   I know what you're supporting Remi, cuz it's super helpful for the village to have a vetted person, but you know that isn't the case yet, and the 'vetted' person is the last person I would trust after night 2.  Especially when you're so blunt about it :/

Esoteric Myobi

-has finally caught up on posts-

So this is a bit different from the other games I've participated in and I'm a bit confused by the allowance of PMs to plot and discuss in private. Anyway, I don't really have much to offer at the moment. Amber certainly seems shady with how easily she switches her vote, but I can also see where she's coming from by hoping to instigate discussion as a result. Otherwise I overall agree that it'd be silly of any special roles to speak up so early in the game since they'd likely just get killed during the next night phase.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Ceralilly

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on June 04, 2016, 11:39:48 PM
-has finally caught up on posts-

So this is a bit different from the other games I've participated in and I'm a bit confused by the allowance of PMs to plot and discuss in private. Anyway, I don't really have much to offer at the moment. Amber certainly seems shady with how easily she switches her vote, but I can also see where she's coming from by hoping to instigate discussion as a result. Otherwise I overall agree that it'd be silly of any special roles to speak up so early in the game since they'd likely just get killed during the next night phase.

I thought this at first, BUT we have to CC RPguy so that he can moderate it as if it were IC chat. It can be useful and kinda brilliant. :-) I do see what you mean though.
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Aiden

Not gonna read the last few pages. I have no reason to reveal nothing about nothing, those who ask look like they are fishing for details.

Also

Hey wolves suck it!!

Ceralilly

Quote from: Aiden on June 05, 2016, 02:09:56 AM
Not gonna read the last few pages. I have no reason to reveal nothing about nothing, those who ask look like they are fishing for details.

Also

Hey wolves suck it!!

Fishing for details is kinda exactly what everyone is doing...you know...because we need to know who to lynch...who to trust...who the wolves are...who is a villager...

These are all details...and we can't progress through the game with out them...so yes I asked. Absolutely. However, I can see you don't know anything and since RP stated that he didn't tell you anything...and you are feeling cocky enough to taunt the very wolves that can kill you. I feel like you are basically attracting attention to deflect you true purpose...either:
A) you're a wolf and feel safe...especially knowing most feel you are a villager...
B) Are a villager playing a dangerous game because you feel capable of protecting yourself...ie a special...
C) Don't really care either way because it is a game and if you lose you lose. Lol

The devil...or should I say wolf...is in the details my friend.  :-P

KatKwik

It seems a lot has happened in the last few pages.

Everyone has inconsistencies but I think Cera seems to make a fair point. It might be nice for Aiden to clarify how he knows he was attacked or if in fact he doesn't and is just playing a dangerous game. I did notice that Christa asked that question and alluded to knowing more!?

Our Sheriff certainly was aggressive in her interrogation...Well done on that! It's her job after all.

I think daring to put up the sheriff to be lynched is a very wolf bold move. So I think it throws all sorts of pack mentality. I would certainly see Amber as wolf now.

Returns to her hide out and plasters the walls with wolfsbane. Also offers some to Vera and Sera to put in the coffee!

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

Rel Mayer

I'm sorry Amber, but just judging by your dialogue and reasoning in the thread... even if I'm not 100% sure... I think that you're going to be the first lynch target on my part!

I'd like to see Amber lynched to make our town werewolf free again!

* Rel Mayer salutes.

AmberStarfire

You may believe changing votes is suspicious (especially such a 180), so I will explain. It was the difference between random guessing and believing I was on to something enough to vote as I did. If I was a wolf I'd be trying to play it safe more, not dumping my thoughts out here where I know it's considered more suspicious to debate things than talk only a little bit.

Most likely you'll vote me off and when you do, you'll see I'm listed as a villager, and then you'll know I'm most likely speaking the truth. So maybe that means you ought to be looking at some of those names who voted for me to push things in a certain direction, because a few of those are likely to be wolves.

Verasaille

Vera brews another cup of espresso. "Adding wolfsbane certainly gives it an earthy flavor. Oh yes I love observing the town and seeing all the opinions. From what I see, I think Aiden's remarks indicate he is trying to be either lynched or attacked at night."

"Poor dear, you should see a psychiatrist for those suicidal remarks. Have some coffee, it will perk you right up!"
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Galactic Druid

Lynching Votes

Amber - 4

Remiel - 1

Seranova - 1

MintPrincess - 1

Verasaille - 1

Yet to vote:

Mint, yugi, MP, Sunshine, Ink, era, KatKwik, Aiden, Emy, Der, Myobi
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Madame Professor

What truth are you speaking about Amber?

Right now, you are being rather shady, with your 'logic' and fluffy posts. Of course, there are a few others who have added nothing of value to the discussion that I could easily vote for; Yugi, Saffron, and Vera to name a few.

At the moment, though, thinking on it, I'm more include to vote for one of those three than Amber.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.