Anyone interested in a very leisurely D&D 3.5 game?

Started by Koyume, January 23, 2011, 12:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koyume

I guess I'll start by defining leisurely here; basically what I mean is that life is very busy these days, so I don't feel like I have the time to get too involved in role play, and just don't feel like posting some days. On the other hand, I feel I could use a little more fantasy in my life, so I'm wondering if there's anyone out there with a similar situation, who'd just like to join me for a nice, mellow fantasy game with 3.5.

Funguy81

Quote from: Koyume on January 23, 2011, 12:50:41 PM
I guess I'll start by defining leisurely here; basically what I mean is that life is very busy these days, so I don't feel like I have the time to get too involved in role play, and just don't feel like posting some days. On the other hand, I feel I could use a little more fantasy in my life, so I'm wondering if there's anyone out there with a similar situation, who'd just like to join me for a nice, mellow fantasy game with 3.5.

Hey Koyume, i'm open to the idea if your still open. i just joined this forums, and i'm kind of looking for the same thing to get into the system play over the internet. I know the 3.5 rules, if your open to GM the game between the two of us?

Koyume

I'm willing to DM, yes. Not sure if I'll play an actual character or not yet though; I don't think this game will be very heavy on eroticism, just to give you a heads up (I think you'll learn pretty quickly that a sex scene moving at the rate of 1 post every two or three days generally isn't very titillating  ::)).

Do you have any ideas for a character, or preferences on what level you'd like to start at? Do you prefer high or low-powered games?

Edit: Also, in case you haven't discovered it yet, Mythweavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php) is a very convenient way to create a digital character sheet; I highly recommend it.

Funguy81

Great, gives me something to take my mind of the everyday grind everyonce in a while. well, the sex scenes can be summed up in one or two posts, doesnt matter to me really. lol.

I been thinking about it and i will go for playing a bard (male or female, i'm still debating), and i think a good starting level will be 6. something low enough to keep things simple, but high enough that my character cant be killed the generic goblin. So i think that will work right there for the game power.

I'll take a look at the website, i never heard of it before.

before i start on my character though, i like to know what rules or such that i need to be aware of? Once i know that, i'll send you a PM with my character sheet or stats, and we'll get to work.

Koyume

Level six sounds good, and as far as rules: all official Wizards of the Coast books are fine, but preferably no homebrew or Dragon Magazine materials; for ability scores you can either roll 5d6 and take away the lowest two rolls, or use 40 point buy. For simplicity and survivability's sake, HP rolls will be maximized, and we'll use standard Wealth By Level (13,000 gp at sixth level).

I'm still pondering whether or not I should make a full-time character, do you have a preference either way? Also, most templates are fine (assuming your character's total ECL isn't over 6), if you want to play something unusual like a half-dragon.

Funguy81

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=270596

There is my character sheet. I think everything is in shape, but i kept things simple, just pulled things out of the Core book and the DMG for the magic items. Used the 5d6 to roll up the base stats. flipped a coin on gender and got female. lol.

I really have no preferences on whether you want to bring in a character or not. i'd say go with what you feel most comfortable with.

Koyume

Alrighty, everything looks good (although the bonus from rings of protection are Deflection, as opposed to shield  ;)). Give me a little while to think up how to start the game, and think up a character too I suppose.

Other than that we just face the problem of where to start the thread... (exotic? light?  :-\) but we should be in business pretty soon.

Funguy81

thats true, and i made the change on the sheet, so everything covered again. lol.

I'd say exotic..keeps our options open as time passes. i look forward to the start.

Koyume

Alright, character's pretty much done: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=270712

Hopefully I'll find the time tomorrow to get the game started. Ah, I also forgot to mention a couple other rules: I use a couple of changes from Pathfinder (D&D 3.75), namely that Cantrips (0-level spells) are usable at will, and that there are no favored classes, so no experience penalties for multiclassing. I'll send you the link to the thread as soon as it's up  ;).

Funguy81

Allright, I look forward to the fun. Lol. I'll post as soon as I get the link.

ZameRagues

I'm up for a dnd game, if your willing to take more then one player.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os