Lord of the Rings [Interest Check]

Started by kingOFcalifornication, October 21, 2010, 12:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingOFcalifornication

Having a considerably more free-time on my hands lately, my mind's been wandering. This wandering has taken me back to Lord of the Rings, an interest I've had for years and years. So, I'm looking to start a RP centered on this wonderful series.

The plot for a RP is still in the works. I'm shooting for something along the lines of a story taking place years after the end of the movies. The city of Minas Tirith, capital of Gondor, is in turmoil. Political turmoil that is. Aragorn's son, Eldarion, failed to produce a direct heir and had left only two adopted sons. However, he had produced a daughter whose existence had remained secret seeing as she was birthed from an affair with a common girl. This daughter had been swept off to Esgaroth (a location from the Hobbit) to live among more common folk. This is where the RP would start. My character, a former Gondorian soldier who has spent the last ten years of his life in solitude in the Misty Mountains, has been contacted by an aging Eldarion and commissioned to bring the girl back to Gondor to take the throne as a queen. Of course, the journey is fraught with danger, etc.

Now, I'd like to have at least two other characters join me. One being the daughter and the other being her handmaiden (who serves as an assistant and bodyguard). Those are the two positions I'd like to fill first. The daughter's age should be between 20-30. No preference on the handmaiden. Of course, I'm hoping for a romance between my own character and the daughter. A threesome is certainly not out of the question. Another male slot could open up if anyone's interested and has an idea. As long as we keep the M/F ratio even and the character's involvement makes sense, I'm okay with it.

So, anyone interested thus far? I assure you, we'll hammer out the details once we have some folks on board.

Haibane

Yes. Interested. My knowledge of the LotR canon is a bit rusty though and I know Peter Jackson mangled things up a bit. I would be okay playing the princess but it strikes me that a relationship between her and her guide back to Minas Tirith would be a total no-no, he being a common soldier and it being most unseemly to have done un-princessey things on the journey. For political reasons it would be logical for her to remain pure when she arises to the throne.

Have you any thoughts on that?

kingOFcalifornication

You're right essentially. But, straying from the usual is the beauty of it.

Haibane

I suppose you can create a set of circumstances where it might happen but I'm not sure I'm the right person for the story. I also have quite a lot on my plate right now both on and off E so sadly I'll have to pass.

Kate

i would love to play this however there are not many female roles

i dont mind haibane playing the princess and straying as she sees fit

i may play a female elf that is good with the bow

kingOFcalifornication

Well, seeing as Haibane is bowing out, you'll be the only female in the RP thus far Kate. Lolz.

Kate

What about role playing in the middle earth world with non-cannon characters ?

Such as myself being the one below ?

We could be dealing with matters before saramon lost his ring the first time (2000 years before the lord of the rings story)

Lyria

If you are still in need of the princess, I would be interested in taking this on. I don't mind "straying from the usual", as long as the overall intent of the world is honored, and I adore Lord of the Rings.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

kingOFcalifornication

Non-canon characters would be preferred, seeing as it's taking place post-series. And by preferred I mean, that's really the only way to go about this. Lolz.

However, if you'd like to play the princess Lyria, you're welcome to it.

Kate

Lyria, happy for you to be nobility.

Im cool being a wood elf chick with a bow and an attitude.

kingOFcalifornication

If you two are set, I'd be glad to make the first post for the RP.

Kate

go for it king,

just link make a thread for ooc and characters also and have links to them all in the first post for each and we are away.

kingOFcalifornication

kingOFcalifornication