Dungeon World: The Evershifting City of Signet (System, Pbta, Planescapey)

Started by Nastara, September 21, 2022, 10:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexed

Quote from: Nastara on September 22, 2022, 09:09:18 PM
I see you went with Elementalist! Ho looks absolutely lovely, Hexed! :)

Yup! Found that picture and just had to do it.

And hey at least with a full pro wrestling stable there's money rolling in. :D

Nastara

Delvers Company: Origins (Starting Soon!)
Red Team OOC| Blue Team OOC| Worldbuilding

c0i9z

Wish I'd have thought of that. All I've got is muscles and slightly big boobs.

Kathyan

Quote from: pdragon on September 22, 2022, 09:08:41 PM
We have enough brawlers to form our own pro wrestling stable.
Guess we'll stomp on our enemies then :P

Quote from: c0i9z on September 22, 2022, 09:10:05 PM
I do have a move that gets me my own club-like thing.
How interesting, I'd love to see that happening. I see now that despite the names our classes are not the same at all

Daril

I decided to concentrate on doing up applications for Marigold and the Succubus at least for now.

Adventurer Info
Name: Marigold
Race/Class: Human/Fighter (Perhaps an Eldritch Knight or some kind of skilled archer.)
Homeplane: Marigold comes from the kingdom of Vers which is located in a more or less conventional fantasy setting.  She's at least aware of the common fantasy monsters like dragons and orcs.  She's probably not as knowledgeable about some of the more eldritch and alien foes.
Interested In: Going on adventures and maybe getting into some trouble.  Maybe some light f/f between Marigold and her fellow adventurers.  I like the idea of her having a propensity for ending up naked and restrained (I particularly like the idea of her ending up bent over in a pillory).  Things can get rough but I don't want to get too extreme, and if she gets dominated by captors I'd prefer they be at least somewhat attractive and appealing even if its in a monstrous kind of way.
Brief Description: Marigold is a tall, busty, and statuesque beauty with fair skin, waist length blonde hair, and deep blue eyes.  She tends to wear light, easy to move in armor such as gambesons.

Marigold is the daughter of a Viscount in her homeland.  Her parents thought it would be prudent for their daughter to be trained in the arts of war, but they never intended for her to become an adventurer of all things.  Unfortunately for them Marigold found the call of adventure far more appealing then the stodginess of her family's manor and decided to take her chances and run away.  She ended up in Signet completely by accident but found that the excitement and unfamiliarity of life there appeals to her.

Her previous sexual experience is limited to playing around with a couple of her family's maids, but she's a lot more curious then she would probably be willing to admit.  She's also probably more submissive and masochistic then she'd be willing to admit even to herself.  She like both girls and boys.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: I've done a few low level 5E games.  I've done research for higher level character builds to see if I could realize some character concepts I had but I've never actually played a high level game.  Dungeon World is a system I'm not very familiar with but which looks interesting to me.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: I should be able to check in most days but long and detailed posts that require more work may have to wait for my less busy days of the week.  Shorter ones I can probably make more frequently.

I've been toying with the idea that whatever unexpectedly transports Marigold to Signet might drop her off without her clothes. :D Though losing most of her gear would probably be awkward so maybe not.

Adventurer Info
Name: Vera
Race/Class: Succubus/Elf
Homeplane: Vera doesn't really consider any particular realm her home as she's travelled around a bit though she's most familiar with relatively conventional planes of existence.  She's been to Signet before and likes it quite a bit.
Interested In: I'm not a bit fan of extreme content.  Aside from that I can be pretty flexible with Vera.  She's bisexual and can switch between roles depending on her partner(s) and situation though again I'd prefer any captors be reasonably attractive even if its in a monstrous way.
Brief Description: Vera is a very curvy demon girl with bronze skin, red eyes, and neck length blonde hair.  Her horns, wings, and tail are white, and she likes to wear white clothing.  If you consider what little she wears to be clothing.

Vela is the daughter of the great elven adventurer Fana and an incubus she seduced.  That's what Fana told her anyway.  Vera suspects it might have been the other way around.  She is rather vain and proud of herself, especially her appearance.

As a succubus Vera charges her magic by having sex.  She is quite adaptable and adventuresome (she's definitely something of a switch) and enjoys finding new partners.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: I've done a few low level 5E games.  I've done research for higher level character builds to see if I could realize some character concepts I had but I've never actually played a high level game.  Dungeon World is a system I'm not very familiar with but which looks interesting to me.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: I should be able to check in most days but long and detailed posts that require more work may have to wait for my less busy days of the week.  Shorter ones I can probably make more frequently.

With Vera I was thinking of using a modification of a 5e Fiend pact warlock mechanics as a base even though her powers are supposed to be her own.  Though would a succubus throwing a bunch of fire magic around in fights be weird?

Hexed

Quote from: Nastara on September 22, 2022, 10:39:26 PM
Bribing me with big titties, have you no shame?! 😭

Shame? What's that? :D

Part of her curse even involves a need to expose herself. The bigger a crowd the better.

Quote from: Kathyan on September 22, 2022, 11:42:56 PM
How interesting, I'd love to see that happening. I see now that despite the names our classes are not the same at all

That is a neat part of Powered By Apocalypse in that there are so many playbooks and some of the more popular concepts have multiple variations focusing on different aspects.

Nastara

Quote from: c0i9z on September 22, 2022, 10:42:18 PM
Wish I'd have thought of that. All I've got is muscles and slightly big boobs.
LOL! I'm fully bribeable with muscles as well!

@Kathyan, No problem we can't bench press, squat, or clean and jerk!

@Daril, Lovely! They both look great! :) in terms of Vera, we could totally find a playbook that does what you're looking for! Honestly, i bet I've got one kicking around that specifically "charges" magic by completing some kind of action and it's VERY easy for us to just go "sex stuff" for the trigger to it!

@Hexed, Good, I've got none either! And can DEFINITELY provide some crowds in Signet!

That's one of the things i love about the system, because many moves are SO specific you can really see big differences between classes! Especially given that advancement and abilities can be rolled out in weird, interesting ways! When I first read Apocalypse World and saw "You have two assistants, Shigusa and Mox maybe" i was like "OH THIS GAME IS WEIRD AND GREAT."

RedKnight

Quote from: Nastara on September 22, 2022, 10:39:26 PM
Bribing me with big titties, have you no shame?! 😭

“It’s not the size, but what you can do with them.” said Zenara as she rolled her hips, causing her breasts to sway, which in turn caused the tassels of the nipples to swing in circles.
Posting: Daily
My RP Preferences

Brittlby

I’m sorry. I need to be realistic. I’ve got 1.5 games already and am about to run my own. As much as I love your DW games, I’m biting off more than I can chew and it wouldn’t be fair to the other players once I got bogged down.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

pdragon

@Kathyan
Considering Deisres loves being hated by people she's perfect for a wrestling heel, the bad guy that has to make the crowd boo them.

@Coi9z
That fight club move is literally perfect for that idea

Arrow Club f-f-f-fooor life!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLPwHZOd0dg
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Nastara

@RedKnight, You make some VERY compelling points!

@Brittlby, no problem at all!! :) I'm hoping to keep things rolling and rocking for this, so maybe we'll catch you in Signet another time! :)

Kathyan

Quote from: Nastara on September 23, 2022, 09:11:03 AM
@Kathyan, No problem we can't bench press, squat, or clean and jerk!

I couldn't have said it better ;D

Quote from: Brittlby on September 23, 2022, 10:49:23 AM
I’m sorry. I need to be realistic. I’ve got 1.5 games already and am about to run my own. As much as I love your DW games, I’m biting off more than I can chew and it wouldn’t be fair to the other players once I got bogged down.
I understand, and I find myself in a similar position which is why I might not be able to submit a character for your game despite wanting to do so.

Quote from: pdragon on September 23, 2022, 10:56:29 AM
@Kathyan
Considering Deisres loves being hated by people she's perfect for a wrestling heel, the bad guy that has to make the crowd boo them.
Oh yeah! She'll make people love to hate her but also hate to love her. ;D

Nastara

My kingdom for the ability to quit my job and write smut full time.

Daril

Quote from: Nastara on September 23, 2022, 09:11:03 AM
@Daril, Lovely! They both look great! :) in terms of Vera, we could totally find a playbook that does what you're looking for! Honestly, i bet I've got one kicking around that specifically "charges" magic by completing some kind of action and it's VERY easy for us to just go "sex stuff" for the trigger to it!

Thanks for the feedback! Is there anything I should be doing next like developing a stats sheet?  Or should I just wait and see how the auditions go first?

Nastara

No need for it yet! :) I always plan to help people out with their sheets, set everything up, etc when we kick into an OOC room. There's just enough fiddly little things that it makes sense to tackle after recruitment! The biggest thing is just finding the perfect playbook which i can help newer DW players with!

Faeli

Glad to see you back Nast!  I am not sure I am free enough to be playing, so I don't think I can submit a char, but would totally be available if you need someone to ghostwrite an NPC or an occasionally recurring villain

Nastara

Nastara

So just in terms of timelines and planning! I'm thinking that I'll leave recruitment open through Tuesday just so that I've allowed a week! If you're interested in putting in an app or need help, let me know!

Although if there's no movement over the next day or two, i may start up early!

Laughing Hyena

Just saying that I loved the last game and intro to Dungeon World I was in with you at the helm Nastara. Diabelle was fun to play as a Storm Mage. Seems like you guys are full.

But, fuck it! I'm submitting Diabelle again. Because she is fun.

Adventurer Info
Name: Diabelle
Race/Class: Human/Mage
Homeplane: The Unshattered World. A realm that has been reset from its previous destruction after a devastating cataclysm. The gods rewrote time to give the mortals of this world a fresh start and sealed off contact from the higher and lower planes of existence.

In one timeline, Diabelle never left her home but in this timeline the cataclysm and the resetting of her world caused a paradox. It ejected her from her home dimension and she wound up in Signet. Now with no immediate way to return or how to begin on such an endeavor, the last mage of Abanab Academy works as a troubleshooter for the city of Signet.
Interested In: The player enjoys Straight, Yuri and Monstrous encounters. Tentacles are the extent of this as anything super feral and undead is not hot in my eyes. So monsters should be near human, tentacled or amorphous in nature. Also Id prefer some reversal, where the girl winds up dominant, but it isn't required. Exhibitionism, Paizuri, Cock Worship, and Light Bondage (Shibari, rope harness, collar and leash) are favorites.
Brief Description: Soft brown hair crowns her head and drapes over her shoulders like a weave of silk. Her green eyes survey her surroundings, shining with intellect. The young woman had a deep love of royal blues and purples in her attire and often wear various outfits that flatter her full and sensual figure. Body stocking and leggings are among her favorites with anything able to draw eyes to her being preferred.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: New to Dungeon World with but one game under my belt and very familiar with D&D
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Daily

Playbook Reference: The Mage PDF

Nastara

Awesome, Laughing Hyena! Diabelle is looking lovely once again! :)

Laughing Hyena

Happy to hear that. I have plenty of sexcraft and witchcraft to make use of and plenty of new faces for Diabelle to seduce, tease and be teased by.

Nastara

Hey everyone! I got a bit tied up yesterday when i intended to send out player invites! I try to match kinks, play style, and all sorts of things to make the team that will best gel with each other, so it takes a little bit of time! I anticipate that I'll be able to send out invites either tonight EST on the later side or tomorrow morning!

Thank you for your patience and I'm so excited to get this ball rolling!

Ershin

Quote from: Nastara on September 28, 2022, 04:17:53 PM
Hey everyone! I got a bit tied up yesterday when i intended to send out player invites! I try to match kinks, play style, and all sorts of things to make the team that will best gel with each other, so it takes a little bit of time! I anticipate that I'll be able to send out invites either tonight EST on the later side or tomorrow morning!

Thank you for your patience and I'm so excited to get this ball rolling!

Ah dang it, was about to post my entry and the big red warning that a new post had been made came up. Just missed the deadline :<

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Jayashri Kalyani
Adventurer Info
Name: Jayashri Kalyani
Race/Class: Human (?) / Hack and Slasher
Homeplane: Scheherazade - The desert world of tales (Think Athas combined with 1001 Arabian Nights)
Interested In: Adventure, exploration, urban stuff since we're in Sigil Signet, kinky stuff and more besides. And also Quests!
Brief Description: Tall, muscular, dark of hair and olive of skin, Jayashri has a fiery personality and is passionate about everything she does from delighting in combat, to pleasing a lover to helping people in need, shee puts in 100% of herself. Because really if a job's worth doing it's worth doing right, no matter what it is, simple to sexy. She believes in the power of coin and doesn't have much truck with the divine or other supernatural powers.

Originally from a desert world rather than a dungeon world without much to live on, she's amazed at the splendour and abundance of Signet and all it has to offer. The desert was harsh and... there was something about sand being uncomfortably coarse and getting everywhere. While she could attempt to find a way home, but considering the world of plenty at her fingertips for the taking why should she?
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Been in a few DW games in the past, quite fond of D&D having played 3.5, 4e and 5e. I know a fair amount about the lore of Sigil/The Planes, having played Planescape: Torment way back in the day.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Been through a bad patch at work that's kep me from E for a bit, but I think I've gotten over that hump and should be on at least three times during the week and definitely Saturday / Sunday for updates

Lata Lavanya

Adventurer Info

(Placeholder until I find something better)
Name: Lata Lavanya
Race/Class: Sylvan / Verdant
Homeplane: Scheherazade - The desert world of tales (Think Athas combined with 1001 Arabian Nights).
Interested In: Adventure, exploration, urban stuff since we're in Sigil Signet, kinky stuff and more besides. And also Quests!
Brief Description: Standing at roughly 7'8" in height, Lata is a tall and well filled out woman with incredibly long hair, never seen without her lantern (though covered up when it would make it inconvenient to sleep). She has a reserved personality with a good bedside manner and polite to a fault, seeing beauty in everything.

On her homeworld she was known as a Preserver, a mage that attempted to use magic in such a way that it wouldn't draw from the life blood of the world and made attempts to restore what she could. To her Signet is abundant in life and energy compared to her former home and she takes great efforts not to simply revel in it.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Been in a few DW games in the past, quite fond of D&D having played 3.5, 4e and 5e. I know a fair amount about the lore of Sigil/The Planes, having played Planescape: Torment way back in the day.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Been through a bad patch at work that's kep me from E for a bit, but I think I've ggtten over that hump and should be on at least three times during the week and definitely Saturday / Sunday for updates

WIP
Scheherazade - The desert world of tales

Much like its neighbour in the cosmic seas, the world of Athas, the use of magic on Scheherazade drains life from the planet but none more so than the magic of stories. While there are worlds on which fairy tales survive and thrive by the guidance of fairy godmothers, good witches and hoodoo priests, Scheherazade's lack of these figures caused the magic of stories to take up more and more of the resources that would normally cause growth of plant life and the cycle of water to the point that the stories had to take over. This is not inherently bad though, as while on Athas the world is rules by the great and terrible Sorceror Kings, stories demand that tyrants be toppled, that the princess marry the prince, that the band of thieves be sealed in jars and that the street rat gain the power of a djinn.

Nastara

You're all good! I haven't had a chance to make my little excel sheet and set it up! I'll be looking at things tonight!

Nastara

Good afternoon all!

I just wanted to give a heads up that I have reached out to players for this game. Thank you all so much for your apps to it! I tried to put together a group that I think will mesh well with rp prefs, characters, and kinks, but I truly loved all of your characters. If I could, I would have pulled everybody into it.

I'm hoping to keep Signet as a continuously running game, so I may reach out in the future for character fills if players need to step away! Thank you again for your time, enthusiasm, and I wish you awesome play! :)