Doomtown (A Deadlands RPG/Interest Check)

Started by Ciosa, February 23, 2013, 04:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhi

Hey guess what I sent in my completed character sheet! Is my character wicked evil? Can she be trusted? I am not allowed to tell you.

Crash

Evil beekeeper I am sure of it, but are you deliciously evil?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Dhi

With all this honey, how could I not be delicious?

Crash

and evil?   ;D

Agatha's personality is coming together very well.  I can't wait to see what you all think of her. I went pretty far a field from the norm for me and look forward to writing her already.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

xPeachyPuff

Can't wait to see her, Crash. Can't wait to see everyone's characters, in fact (:

-xSRx

Pumpkin Seeds

So did I!  Jia Li coming soon!

Btw..I looked up the chinese word for mouse and it comes up as syu but I can't confirm that.  People that was Cantonese.  Anyone know for sure what the word for mouse is as that would be her nickname.  A mouse among rats.  :: giggles and falls over::

Crash

Wow I found a whole series of pics with the same model I was going to use for Agatha.  ;D

Kokaine

Alright, so I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to these types of games but I'll hopefully have a character done by tomorrow >.<
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Phaia

TA DAA!!

Lady Elisabeth Boyle ...great granddaughter several times removed [200 years] of Lord Robert Boyle [creator of Boyle's law for gases and a famous alchemist]

Member of the The Royal Society of London for Improving Natural Knowledge [aka The Royal Society] or so she claims!!!

Owner of "The London Royal Apothecary"

Dhi

Oh my, such smart and confident women in Gomorra! I may swoon~

Crash

I'll catch you, or I'll build you the gravi-spender ero-hammock with pleas-inator microweave.  It will catch you, pour you a drink and "massage" you into complete relaxation.

Wulfspire

Christian "Spooky" Specter, known as such due to his incredibly fast draw. A mean cur, who'll gun ya down faster'n you can blink! New to Gomorra, but not to dangerous towns, what is this infamous gunslinger doing in town? You will have to wait to see!

I've sent my character sheet in, now I can't wait to meet all the awesome characters everyone has drawn up!

Dhi

Gravi-spender ero-hammock with pleas-inator microweave, where have you been all my life?

Niferbelle

Quote from: Ciosa on February 27, 2013, 04:38:55 PM
ok, quick player vote - currently more interested in knowing more about the factions, about some important npcs, or more background info on Gomorra/the Great Maze proper?

I vote for the factions if I'm not too late to vote >.> I feel like I'd like to see that before I cement my character concept.

I feel like I'm behind, so many have awesome character ideas already! Are we female heavy at the moment? I could possibly make a guy. *ponders*

Ciosa

Quote from: Niferbelle on February 28, 2013, 12:24:22 AM
I vote for the factions if I'm not too late to vote >.> I feel like I'd like to see that before I cement my character concept.

I feel like I'm behind, so many have awesome character ideas already! Are we female heavy at the moment? I could possibly make a guy. *ponders*

I got the factions up earlier today, Nif.  As far as concepts I've gotten a PM/character sheet about, I believe we're two and two. 

Niferbelle

I just noticed that *blush* I hadn't popped on there yet today.

esclavage

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 27, 2013, 08:35:25 PM
So did I!  Jia Li coming soon!

Btw..I looked up the chinese word for mouse and it comes up as syu but I can't confirm that.  People that was Cantonese.  Anyone know for sure what the word for mouse is as that would be her nickname.  A mouse among rats.  :: giggles and falls over::

Sorry, I will randomly chime in here since I have been following the thread and the star-studded lineup. ;D

The common way of saying mouse in Chinese is 'Lao Shu' with a lilt on both the a of Lao and the u of Shu.  The second syllable Shu is the critical character so if you wanted something like Little Mouse it would be 'Xiao Shu'.

Alternatively, a more dialect/slang way would be 'Hao Zi' which an downward accentual tone on the a of Hao.  This has a more negative connotation since the character for Hao in this case means 'wasteful, consumer' so it would be more derogatory.

Anyways, I am by no means the Chinese expert so anyone else can add in what they know.  But I will definitely enjoy seeing what gets cooked up by everyone.  Fantasical Wild West settings are always a treat. :-)

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Crash

Quote from: Dhi on February 27, 2013, 10:10:13 PM
Gravi-spender ero-hammock with pleas-inator microweave, where have you been all my life?

In my mind little dove, in my mind.

Side note for those with children.  I had to stop myself from making Agatha's surname Doofenshmirtz.  And yes all of her inventions will like end with -inator.

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Crash on February 28, 2013, 08:42:43 AM
In my mind little dove, in my mind.

Side note for those with children.  I had to stop myself from making Agatha's surname Doofenshmirtz.  Any yes all of her inventions will like end with -inator.

*gigglefits*  That is awesome. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Crash

Quote from: Mithlomwen on February 28, 2013, 09:59:13 AM
*gigglefits*  That is awesome.

Glad you liked it Mithlomwen. 

What nation are you looking at for you character Mith?  Coastal Miwok?  Ohlone?  Or are you going with non-native Californian?

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Crash on February 28, 2013, 10:07:53 AM
Glad you liked it Mithlomwen. 

What nation are you looking at for you character Mith?  Coastal Miwok?  Ohlone?  Or are you going with non-native Californian?

The second I read that, I hear the theme song for Doofenshmirtz evil inc. 

I'm tentatively thinking Lakota or Sioux. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Crash

Quote from: Mithlomwen on February 28, 2013, 10:16:27 AM
The second I read that, I hear the theme song for Doofenshmirtz evil inc. 

I'm tentatively thinking Lakota or Sioux.

I hear it all the time. ;)

Ahh so a 'ferner.  :). Sorry my major is Anthropology and have taken a number of Native American courses and resource management courses.  I find it so very odd that the Lakota tribes are in Cali, but suspension of disbelief and all! 

Side note: Lakota and Sioux are same culture.  Sioux means enemy and Lakota means people I believe.  And I won't get scholarly anymore unless someone wants more info. :)

Ciosa

Quote from: Crash on February 28, 2013, 10:27:42 AM
I hear it all the time. ;)

Ahh so a 'ferner.  :). Sorry my major is Anthropology and have taken a number of Native American courses and resource management courses.  I find it so very odd that the Lakota tribes are in Cali, but suspension of disbelief and all! 

Side note: Lakota and Sioux are same culture.  Sioux means enemy and Lakota means people I believe.  And I won't get scholarly anymore unless someone wants more info. :)

Really?  The research I've done suggests they have differing marriage customs and rituals.  Damn you, lying interwebs. 

Actually the Lakota tribes aren't resettled into Cali - they're here specifically, and they travelled a while on horseback to get here.  (Referencing the Sioux Union faction page)

Kuroneko

The Lakota are not the same as the Sioux, they are part of the Great Sioux Nation. 

THE SIOUX NATION WAS AND IS, COMPRISED OF 3 MAJOR SUB-DIVISIONS:

LAKOTA – or Teton: Prairie Dwellers – with Seven Bands:

Oglala – They Scatter Their Own or Dust Scatters
      Sicangu – or Brule: Burnt Thighs
      Hunkpapa – End of the Circle
      Miniconjous – Planters Beside the Stream
      Sihasapa – or Blackfeet: NOTE – not the commonly known Blackfeet/Blackfoot
      Tribe
      Itazipacola – or Sans Arcs: Without Bows; also known as Oohenupa/Two
      Boilings or Two Kettles”

THE DAKOTA OR SANTEE - with Four Bands:

Mdeakantonwon:
      Wahpeton
      Wahpekute
      Sisseton

THE NAKOTA  OR YANKTON with Three Bands:

Yankton
      Upper Yankton
      Lower Yankton

This has been my Cliff Clavin Moment for the day.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Crash

There are multiple tribes within the "Sioux" of which the Lakota are one, but they share language and culture.  That doesn't mean that there arn't customs that very between individual tribes but if you asked them they would say they are one people. 

If there is one thing I learned it is that Native Americans are an incredibly diverse good and to assume one is the same as the other is very wrong. However technically "Sioux" is the white man's word for the seven tribes of the "Sioux" that share much and tend to consider themselves one people.

Sioux was used by one tribe to refer to another tribe as their enemy.  White man mistakenly thought it was the name of a tribe.

I believe the above list is a more modern political structure.  Anyway if you would like to discuss in PM I would be happy too.